Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:32:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Aug 1 summary  (Read 96452 times)
jpouza
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1116

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 05:15:44 PM

I don't know, if someone already has asked this, but if I change my ALTs to BTC now, am I still able to claim BCC or am I late for this?

You can claim only the BCC equivalent to your BTC funds before the fork.

You should have converted your alts to BTC before the fork, now it's useless.
Klangburg

Activity: 722
Merit: 271

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 05:35:04 PM

I don't know, if someone already has asked this, but if I change my ALTs to BTC now, am I still able to claim BCC or am I late for this?

You can claim only the BCC equivalent to your BTC funds before the fork.

You should have converted your alts to BTC before the fork, now it's useless.

Shame on me that I didn't get this before the fork. It's always better to read the news twice ..
I already thought so, but thanks for clarification.

t.me/cryptodeutsch
BHSMC

Activity: 188
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 05:39:43 PM

We had to wait for 3 confirmations before august 1st.

I had a transaction yesterday from Gdax to Gemini and I had to wait for 6 confirmations.

Is it only Gemini or all exchanges wait for 6 confirmations?

anyone?
DannyDash69

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:00:19 PM

I had a transaction yesterday from Gdax to Gemini and I had to wait for 6 confirmations.

I just waited on 6 confirmations with KRAKEN as well.
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:03:17 PM

If I send a BTC transaction, will it automatically be broadcast on the BCC chain (i.e. if I send my Bitcoin on Blockchain.info to another address and then take the private key and put it in a BCC wallet and send it to a BCC address, would that be alright)?
moneybank4u

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:19:12 PM

I am trying to clam my free bitcoin cash. My idea is:

Transfer all the bitcoin from wallet A(my blockchain.info wallet) to wallet B(my new web wallet BTC.com). Now my second wallet(which is BTC.com) has an option to recover the Bitcoin cash. I believe I can use this in built tool(https://blog.btc.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-get-your-bitcoin-cash-a0c2c96f334) to recover the BCC and transfer it to my BCC wallet. My private keys on both the wallet A and Wallet B remains untouched. Can I do this? Is that ok? Please guide me.

Can anyone help me with this?
BHSMC

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:20:52 PM

Thank you Danny. It sucks because I got 3 confirmations in 20 minutes but 6 confirmations take about an hour and half.

I hope they will go back to 3 confirmations again.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10424

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:03:23 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2017, 07:42:10 PM by JayJuanGee

Thanks for sharing this hepful information but there something I really don't understand and I would like to know if BCH and BCC are different or they are both the same?
Thank you

If you are serious in your question, they are the same thing in terms of their referring to bitcoin cash.. also known as bcash.

From my understanding, bitcoin cash forkers had recommended that the symbol BCC would be used - however, Bitfinex already had a BCC symbol that they were using for Bitcoin Core (a made up token that represented a bet that they were allowing on their exchange to bet on another possible fork that would have been caused by Bitcoin Unlimited - which was referred to on Bitfinex's platform as BCU.. so BCU versus BCC on Bitfinex).   Bitfinex started referring to Bitcoin Cash as BCH, and some others followed.

Also, there was another Crypto out there using BCC (Bitconnect), so additional confusion and additional rationale to use another ticker symbol.  Accordingly  BCH seems less ambiguous.

So part of the question that you did not ask relates to Bcash.  Some folks have come to the conclusion that it is confusing and misleading to have "Bitcoin" in the reference to bitcoin cash, so many folks also refer to it as bcash.. so to me it seems that bcash and BCH are going to be the least ambiguous or misleading of references, even though we are likely to still see folks referring to bitcoin cash by bitcoin cash and also by BCC.... Can be funny or sad if folks end up investing into the wrong assets because they get confused by these various references.

Edit: I see that KNK, above, already said pretty much the same as I had said.  Initially, I had not seen KNK's post... but o.k. no problem to have a little bit of redundancy, no?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
DannyDash69

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:06:47 PM

Thank you Danny. It sucks because I got 3 confirmations in 20 minutes but 6 confirmations take about an hour and half.

Yes agree, 3 confirm's would be nice.. my 6 confirm's took 60 min. on Kraken.
Brigalabdis

Activity: 278
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:23:41 PM

Hopelly we didnt risk about things again so trading will didnt take any risk from so on.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10424

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 08:37:11 PM

Yes agree, 3 confirm's would be nice.. my 6 confirm's took 60 min. on Kraken.

I think that some exchanges changed their number of confirmation policy during this period of uncertainty - and while there seems to be a hardforker attack upon the bitcoin network.  Bitfinex, for example went up to 7 confirmations, but states that they plan to return to lower confirmations in the future.  I cannot remember what their previous requirement was.

Some of the exchanges may return to fewer number of required confirmations when they feel more comfortable that replay attacks are not as likely (as such replay attacks may have seemed to be more likely during the hardforking transitional period).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
BHSMC

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 09:00:39 PM

I think that some exchanges changed their number of confirmation policy during this period of uncertainty - and while there seems to be a hardforker attack upon the bitcoin network.  Bitfinex, for example went up to 7 confirmations, but states that they plan to return to lower confirmations in the future.  I cannot remember what their previous requirement was.

Some of the exchanges may return to fewer number of required confirmations when they feel more comfortable that replay attacks are not as likely (as such replay attacks may have seemed to be more likely during the hardforking transitional period).

Jay,

Thank you very much for information.

Guys anyone know how many confirmation does GDAX need?
xcajun21

Activity: 742
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 09:34:28 PM

Interesting technical details. Did not know there are orphaned blocks being accepted and every day miners fight to synchronise the blockchain properly... The last part of the paragraph is very detailed.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1637

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 09:39:56 PM

hitbtc.com only requires 2 confirms on bcash deposits, and has the easiest registration requirements and no limits, with very quick withdrawals. It allowed me to dump a veritable shitload of bcash in a short time before the value dropped to its current value, converting it quickly to btc and I withdrew the btc immediately without a problem.

Additionally I downloaded electron-cash directly from the github repository and audited the code changes they did to the existing electrum wallet and they all appeared safe so that's what I used for the bch transfers.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Moria843

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

Found Lost beach - quiet now

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 09:54:49 PM

I used electron per instructions provided, transferred BCC to HitBTC, sold for BTC, transferred the BTC out, all without any problems.

Hot time, summer in the city, back of my mine getting hot & gritty!!!
Chronos Slayer

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:08:10 AM

I need help, I had some btc in my bitcoin qt wallet. So i use the dumpprivkey code to get the private key, thn I transfer all coin to electrum wallet. After that I am trying to import the keys on few wallets none of them showing anything.
Now i am trying electron cash wallet but it shows 0 bcc after importing the key. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong ?
zmb

Activity: 57
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:23:00 AM

Thanks for sharing this guide. It's really helpful.

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2110712.0)
█     PoSToken (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2110712.0)    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2110712.0) ●  WebSite (https://postoken.org)  ●  Twitter (https://twitter.com/PoSToken)  ●  Slack (https://postoken.slack.com)  ●  Whitepaper (https://postoken.org/whitepaper.pdf)
DannyDash69

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 04:27:48 AM

Jay,

Thank you very much for information.

Guys anyone know how many confirmation does GDAX need?

Thanks Jay.. very well explained.
moneybank4u

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:15:54 AM

Transfer all the bitcoin from wallet A(my blockchain.info wallet) to wallet B(my new web wallet BTC.com). Now my second wallet(which is BTC.com) has an option to recover the Bitcoin cash. I believe I can use this in built tool(https://blog.btc.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-get-your-bitcoin-cash-a0c2c96f334) to recover the BCC and transfer it to my BCC wallet. My private keys on both the wallet A and Wallet B remains untouched. Can I do this? Is that ok? Please guide me.

Can I go ahead with this? Will it work? anyone?
blueangel01

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 07:34:17 AM

Can I go ahead with this? Will it work? anyone?

Yes sounds good. I used electron-cash on mine to claim my BCC using the private keys.

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: