Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:56:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Aug 1 summary  (Read 96452 times)
moneybank4u

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:59:13 AM

I am trying to clam my free bitcoin cash. My idea is:

Transfer all the bitcoin from wallet A(my blockchain.info wallet) to wallet B(my new web wallet BTC.com). Now my second wallet(which is BTC.com) has an option to recover the Bitcoin cash. I believe I can use this in built tool(https://blog.btc.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-get-your-bitcoin-cash-a0c2c96f334) to recover the BCC and transfer it to my BCC wallet. My private keys on both the wallet A and Wallet B remains untouched. Can I do this? Is that ok? Please guide me.

Can I go ahead with this? Will it work? anyone?

Yes sounds good. I used electron-cash on mine to claim my BCC using the private keys.

Thanks for your reply. I know I can also do it the electron-cash way but if my way of doing is fine then the private keys remains safe as it will prevent your private keys from touching the internet. As am doing it for the first time so wanted to confirm if anyone has tried this before.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6150

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:19:30 AM

Thanks for your reply. I know I can also do it the electron-cash way but if my way of doing is fine then the private keys remains safe as it will prevent your private keys from touching the internet. As am doing it for the first time so wanted to confirm if anyone has tried this before.

The guide you posted above is only meant for users who had their funds on BTC.com before the fork, I had funds there, I tried and It works. If you was holding your bitcoins on another wallet then I suggest sending your BTC somewhere else, exporting the private keys, and import them into Coinomi which is an Android wallet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
moneybank4u

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 10:00:07 AM

The guide you posted above is only meant for users who had their funds on BTC.com before the fork, I had funds there, I tried and It works. If you was holding your bitcoins on another wallet then I suggest sending your BTC somewhere else, exporting the private keys, and import them into Coinomi which is an Android wallet.

Oh I see..so it doesn't work for me as I have funds in blockchain.info..Thanks for your response.
alexiusredd

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 11:32:09 AM

Thanks for the update, and good luck all
NxtChg

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Simcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 01:11:42 PM

Bitcoin Cash web wallet: http://simcoin.info/tsbw/bcc/

Allows you to use private keys as password too.

Simcoin: https://simtalk.org:444/ | The Simplest Bitcoin Wallet: https://tsbw.io/ | Coinmix: https://coinmix.to | Tippr stats: https://tsbw.io/tippr/
--
About smaragda and his lies: https://medium.com/@nxtchg/about-smaragda-and-his-lies-c376e4694de9
SailorKane

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:26:02 PM

have BTC in Electrum wallet.  Followed their suggestions to split bitcoin cash and it didn't work.  I moved my BTC to a new "safe" wallet.  Downloaded Electron Cash to my android tablet, entered the keys to my old wallet (that then had zero BTC in it).  The electron cash wallet history showed both the positive entries and the withdrawal to my safe wallet, so net Bitcoin cash in the electron cash wallet was zero.  I don't see a way around this except to expose my safe wallet keys to electron cash wallet.  Am I missing something?
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:56:19 PM

Very informative, thank you.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
sundownz

Activity: 714
Merit: 512

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 02:13:54 PM

1. Decide whether you want to bother splitting your coins at all. Is it actually worthwhile to remove your coins from cold storage (or whatever)? If you take no particular action and continue using Bitcoin as normal, then your BCH is likely (but not guaranteed) to remain associated with the current private keys due to BCH's pseudo-replay-protection; you could therefore maybe claim your BCH later on if you want. If you want to claim your BCH now, continue to the next steps.
 2. Create a totally new logical wallet with a new mnemonic, etc. Just creating new addresses is not sufficient: the new wallet needs to be completely separate from the old one. The new wallet's private keys should be under your personal control just in case your transaction is replayed or something else goes wrong. Make sure you have backups of the new wallet.
 3. Send all of the BTC in your old wallet to your new wallet, and wait until this transaction has 30 confirmations. (If you are really itching to get your BCH, it would not be totally crazy to wait for as few as 3 confirmations, but there is some risk with that.) Note that sending all of your BTC in a single transaction is likely to be harmful to your privacy; if you care about this, you might want to send it in several smaller transactions to several different addresses on the new wallet.
 4. On a separate computer that you wouldn't too much mind being compromised, install a BCash wallet such as one of the ones listed on bitcoincash.org. (Warning: some Bcash wallets are known to overwrite important files belonging to their Bitcoin counterparts.) Or use a Web-based exchange/wallet supporting Bcash. Import the private keys from your old, now-empty Bitcoin wallet into this Bcash wallet. Now you have BCH which you can handle as you wish. Note that BCH transactions may be very slow to confirm for a couple of days.

Perhaps I messed up here... but I sent all of my BTC back to Coinbase... made a new B-Cash wallet & imported my BTC wallet.dat file and it says I have 0 balance.

BUT... the final transaction to Coinbase hasn't confirmed at all since it happened on August 5th -- should I assume it will fail eventually and "return" those Bitcoin Cash coins when it does ?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:44:12 PM

The only thing I wanted to add. Is that this is a prime time for scammers. I haven't seen them yet but I'm waiting on a collection of websites, downloadable software, and maybe even apps that promise to make your transition for things like BTC to bitcoin cash securely, easily or whatever set of sales terms they decide to use. So need to follow the instructions here .

YES, YES, YES.  BEWARE People!

Then they either take your information log into your Bitcoin wallet steal your Bitcoin when you tell the website or software that you want to transfer the Bitcoin to bitcoin cash they just transfer it to their wallets instead.  Shocked
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:04:03 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2017, 08:12:25 PM by RoomBot

Bitcoin Cash web wallet: http://simcoin.info/tsbw/bcc/

Allows you to use private keys as password too.

Yeah OK...   like we're all gonna use a well-known embezzler's web wallet...   Roll Eyes

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=929688.msg10205597#msg10205597
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=203845

Case in point!

Nice catch, @smaragda
crazydane

Activity: 558
Merit: 194

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:49:57 PM

I have 3 separate computers as follows:

Computer 1 - Bitcoin Core wallet with my current balance

Computer 2 - Bitcoin ABC wallet

Computer 3 - Bitcoin Core wallet fresh install and currently syncing block chain

After installing Bitcoin ABC on computer 2, I let it sync the blockchain.  I then shut down Bitcoin ABC and copied my wallet.dat file over from computer 1 and started the wallet back up.  It is now showing the same balance as computer 1, but BCC.

My question is this, once computer 3 is done syncing and I encrypt the wallet there, am I safe to transfer 100% of the balance from computer 1 to computer 3 without impacting the BCC balance on computer 2?

Thanks!
NxtChg

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Simcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 07:37:12 PM

Case in point!

Nice catch, @NxtChg

You're new to the Internet?

Do your own damn due diligence instead of listening to the ravings of a lunatic... Roll Eyes

The wallet is open source, it can be run locally, it doesn't send _anything_ to my server.

So yeah, nice catch, numnuts.

Simcoin: https://simtalk.org:444/ | The Simplest Bitcoin Wallet: https://tsbw.io/ | Coinmix: https://coinmix.to | Tippr stats: https://tsbw.io/tippr/
--
About smaragda and his lies: https://medium.com/@nxtchg/about-smaragda-and-his-lies-c376e4694de9
guclu

Activity: 260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 07:41:26 PM

I was keeping my BTC in the Jaxx wallet as they suggested in a post but my BCH / BCC never appeared in the wallet because there were no updates to the app. So I thought I should have kept it there till an updated version comes out, but today I got a confirmation that my claimed BCC will appear in a further version even if I transfer my BTC's now. Just an info for anyone searching an update about Jaxx wallet Smiley

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 07:50:22 PM

I was keeping my BTC in the Jaxx wallet as they suggested in a post but my BCH / BCC never appeared in the wallet because there were no updates to the app. So I thought I should have kept it there till an updated version comes out, but today I got a confirmation that my claimed BCC will appear in a further version even if I transfer my BTC's now. Just an info for anyone searching an update about Jaxx wallet Smiley
AFAIK Jaxx let's you see your private keys, thus you can use them somewhere else. In order to claim BCH you do the following:
1) Move your BTC to new addresses (do not use the same private keys on the BTC network again).
2) Export the private keys of the addresses that you had BTC on at the time of the fork.
3) Download and install a BCH client.
4) Import your private keys.
5) Done.

FYI, I wouldn't recommend using Jaxx in its current state anyways.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:15:36 PM

Case in point!

Nice catch, @NxtChg

You're new to the Internet?

Do your own damn due diligence instead of listening to the ravings of a lunatic... Roll Eyes

The wallet is open source, it can be run locally, it doesn't send _anything_ to my server.

So yeah, nice catch, numnuts.

Why are you posting your Page of Shame with an abusive post?  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=203845#newfeedback

Are you trying for more negative feedback?
aesma

Activity: 2408
Merit: 921

fly or die

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:17:54 PM

have BTC in Electrum wallet.  Followed their suggestions to split bitcoin cash and it didn't work.  I moved my BTC to a new "safe" wallet.  Downloaded Electron Cash to my android tablet, entered the keys to my old wallet (that then had zero BTC in it).  The electron cash wallet history showed both the positive entries and the withdrawal to my safe wallet, so net Bitcoin cash in the electron cash wallet was zero.  I don't see a way around this except to expose my safe wallet keys to electron cash wallet.  Am I missing something?

Exposing your new keys is not a way around, your BCH won't be there !

They haven't moved, they're in your old addresses, check it on a BCH block explorer.

Your problem is that electron cash is connected to the BTC network instead of the BCH network.
Sr.Urbanist

Activity: 315
Merit: 120

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:21:04 PM

Perhaps I messed up here... but I sent all of my BTC back to Coinbase... made a new B-Cash wallet & imported my BTC wallet.dat file and it says I have 0 balance.

Oh, dear.  There are tools specific for this.  

BUT... the final transaction to Coinbase hasn't confirmed at all since it happened on August 5th -- should I assume it will fail eventually and "return" those Bitcoin Cash coins when it does ?

They are two separate chains.  Coinbase is only going to give you BTC because they did the splitting internally and/or will provide the BCH credit before January 2018.  If you had them on Coinbase, during the split, then they have stated they will provide users with an equivalent amount of Bitcoin Cash ... later.

aesma

Activity: 2408
Merit: 921

fly or die

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:23:57 PM

Computer 3 - Bitcoin Core wallet fresh install and currently syncing block chain

After installing Bitcoin ABC on computer 2, I let it sync the blockchain.  I then shut down Bitcoin ABC and copied my wallet.dat file over from computer 1 and started the wallet back up.  It is now showing the same balance as computer 1, but BCC.

My question is this, once computer 3 is done syncing and I encrypt the wallet there, am I safe to transfer 100% of the balance from computer 1 to computer 3 without impacting the BCC balance on computer 2?

Thanks!

What you're doing is not the safe way recommended on this thread. You should have sent your BTC to a new address or addresses. If the BCH wallet you're using is compromised, it can steal all your coins with the way you have proceeded.

Now about sending BCH at the same time as BTC, it's not possible, so there is no risk of that happening. It's like asking if you can make a single wire transfer with dollars and rubles, not going to happen.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:26:45 PM

The price of bitcoin cash from date 4 started unstable and decreased dramatically. Hopefully day in the future bitcoin cash prices stabilize again.

I think this drama will continue until BCH disappears as a scam;)
It can't be seen as a scam as there aren't any victims here. Even at current levels you can dump your BCH slightly over the 0.06BTC mark ~ that for free money isn't a bad deal, right?

People feel like they are losing because they were looking at the initial phase where the price went over 0.4BTC at the time deposits were not allowed.

It's funny that despite they have obtained free assets without doing anything, they still get mad and disappointed ~ that seriously doesn't make any sense in this case.

BitHodler... you explained that perfectly thanks!.. maybe ppl will realize that BCH was a
free drop in their pockets, b4 crying scam, sheeesh...

Actually now they are crying scam because they have not left bitcoins in exchange where they would have got first conversion of btc to bch/bcc coins and have taken benefit of selling in higher odd. Even more claiming bcc/bch through desktop or hardware wallet is so risky as their are scam wallets which steals your btc when you download the bch/bcc wallet and try to claim the free bch/bcc.
mmgen-py

Activity: 110
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 08:28:18 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2017, 08:47:32 PM by mmgen-py

After installing Bitcoin ABC on computer 2, I let it sync the blockchain.  I then shut down Bitcoin ABC and copied my wallet.dat file over from computer 1 and started the wallet back up.  It is now showing the same balance as computer 1, but BCC.

Thanks!

Computers 1 and 2 would have been enough. You can already transact BTC on Computer 1 and BCH on Computer 2 if they're both synced. Of course, holding secret keys on an online computer is not a good idea in the first place, but since you're already doing that, then you should encrypt your wallets on Computers 1 and 2 for at least some added security.

Now if you want a really secure solution, check out the MMGen Wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: