Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:57:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To Buy BCH or not to Buy BCH?  (Read 12828 times)
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:41:45 AM

I think that price of BCH should cool down significantly over the next few months. It's actually been going downhill ever since 20th August and i would not be surprised if price continues its downward spiral until something like 0.03 BTC per BCH.
Fact is that bitcoin price is soaring, and as a direct competitor of bitcoin, BCH is just getting dumped.
I wouldn't invest in it at all. I just do not see the point.
It is true that the price of bitcoin cash is going down and i would like to see how low it can go,there is nothing wrong in purchasing some coins when the prices are low as you never know how the price would be a few years from now,since it is really difficult to predict the price ,i would not mind holding a couple of coins when the price is right.
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:44:23 AM

There is a bit of debate about the difficulty adjustments on bitcoincash:

https://news.bitcoin.com/the-bitcoin-cash-community-debates-future-difficulty-adjustments/

It has been three months since the Bitcoin Cash (BCH) network was introduced to the cryptocurrency community. So far, the BCH protocol is holding its own with continued infrastructure growth as well as capturing the fourth largest digital asset capitalization. However, the BCH community and the project’s developers are in the midst of a debate regarding removing the Emergency Difficulty Adjustment (EDA), which initially helped keep the network going during its first few weeks.

Presently, the EDA implementation added to the Bitcoin Cash network is causing some people to believe the network is having issues. For instance, a half a day could go by, and there are barely any blocks found, and then some days BCH miners will process a multitude of blocks in a short period of time. Some people believe ‘dishonest’ miners are abusing the EDA and the safeguard is hurting the network. It’s speculated that miners can simply join forces to initiate a difficulty adjustment when BCH’s market price is meager, which could cause disastrous inflation. The conversation has got the BCH community discussing the situation heavily, and developers are talking about different solutions.

On August 25, Bitcoin ABC lead developer, Amaury Séchet (Deadalnix), revealed his idea for a difficulty algorithm change for the BCH network. Séchet says he was expecting “wild swings of hashrate” between both BCH and BTC chains. “This isn’t something we can completely prevent without both BTC and BCH hashrate adjusting in timeframes equivalent with the ones of price swing,” explains Séchet on the bitcoin-ml mailing list.

...in the mailing list email Séchet proposes a solution which has been submitted for review, so that the rest of the Bitcoin ABC developers can discuss the idea. The algorithm is designed to “adjust the difficulty to hashrate to target a mean block interval of 600 seconds” – according to an individual called “Mengerian” who reviewed the idea with Séchet. Mengerian says other design features include avoiding drastic changes during times when the hashrate is flat, and adjusting difficulty when the hashrate changes fast. Séchet says he simulated the following scenarios with constant hashrate and swings between block intervals.

That will become another crap if the difficulty will be decreasing again in the future, in other way another competitor for the bitcoin cash will be appearing as the bitcoin gold after the next bitcoin fork.
Does it make sense to debate about the difficulty adjustment?

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:25:28 PM

Bitcoin Cash name is misleading. It's not a cash. I would buy AEON instead which is a real untraceable digital cash.
Atmelin

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:26:35 PM

Bitcoin Cash name is misleading. It's not a cash. I would buy AEON instead which is a real untraceable digital cash.

It is difficult to say. Bitcoin Cash can have large block size and you can use it directly, not through LN.
teamcryptonator

Activity: 749
Merit: 503

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:51:11 PM

I think that price of BCH should cool down significantly over the next few months. It's actually been going downhill ever since 20th August and i would not be surprised if price continues its downward spiral until something like 0.03 BTC per BCH.
Fact is that bitcoin price is soaring, and as a direct competitor of bitcoin, BCH is just getting dumped.
I wouldn't invest in it at all. I just do not see the point.
It is true that the price of bitcoin cash is going down and i would like to see how low it can go,there is nothing wrong in purchasing some coins when the prices are low as you never know how the price would be a few years from now,since it is really difficult to predict the price ,i would not mind holding a couple of coins when the price is right.
Be careful use your money to buy Bitcoin Cash, I do not think Bitcoin Cash can recover its value after dump to low price. You have to know in next time, we will have new fork with new Bitcoin snapshot is Bitcoin Gold, if this rumor become the truth, the price of Bitcoin will drop down much.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
..Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network.
.........GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )..........

.WHITE PAPER.  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:37:18 PM

I see BCH price is around 0.094 BTC at time of writing. I am considering to buy some. I hope the price will raise because of all the media attention.

What do you guys think buy or not buy?
There is not much sense in keeping something so uncertain, so many things have shown that something is unbelievable, but the loss can be as great.

Vaflia

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:42:14 PM

I see BCH price is around 0.094 BTC at time of writing. I am considering to buy some. I hope the price will raise because of all the media attention.

What do you guys think buy or not buy?
There is not much sense in keeping something so uncertain, so many things have shown that something is unbelievable, but the loss can be as great.
I think that makes no sense at all hold. This is just a speculative coin, it is worthless.

HoLeeDik

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:57:47 PM

I don't have any interested in BCH but I dont think right now is a great time to buy BCH.
leea-1334

Activity: 2268
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:01:02 PM

On the other hand, anyone witnessing the alt slips of the past few days might notice that BCH somehow is not only preventing the same drops, but even making a strong showing today. My charts show it as the only one in green (other than BTC itself). Is this a sign that it has such a strong reliance on Bitcoin or is it a signal of BCH striking its own path towards independence from alts?

Curious but not enough to get me a buy in.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
coleman268

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:09:42 PM

I don't think BCH is going anywhere I'd rather invest it into btc/etc/neo
aurumrex

Activity: 115
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:35:21 AM

I would never buy Bitcoin cash and I've never have this coin. I don't expect success of this coin. This is my opinion.
Mariya03

Activity: 124

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:23:39 AM

Buying BCH is up to you if you want to. Because we have different preferable coins here. If you think BCH is a good coin to buy, why are you hesitating to buy it?  Go for it, just be careful in buying any coins.

yunuzov

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:47:14 AM

I wouldn't buy personally because i don't like to invest my money on coins that doesn't show high potential. I don't think BHC can reach the level of BTC anytime soon so i would try to invest my money on a coin that has much more chance to sky. For example ; waves. If you are looking for a coin to make good profit from just invest in waves . You won't regret it.

intrader

Activity: 659
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:43:22 AM

I expect the real price of bch is 0.02btc
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:31:05 AM

I wouldn't buy personally because i don't like to invest my money on coins that doesn't show high potential. I don't think BHC can reach the level of BTC anytime soon so i would try to invest my money on a coin that has much more chance to sky. For example ; waves. If you are looking for a coin to make good profit from just invest in waves . You won't regret it.
A lot of problem with bitcoin cash especially about the difficulty adjustment, i see that the bitcoin cash already reduced its difficulty to make the miners got a lot of profit through mining bitcoin. I just see that as the way to attract the miners to mining bitcoin cash caused by there is a little percentage those are mining bch.
bhantom

Activity: 673
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:04:24 PM

Buying BHC is good only on long term investment and only in low quanity. If i were you I would let go
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:17:14 PM

BCH has been one of the coins that are on top of the list although its future is uncertain since it has been going down lately. Despite the fact that bitcoincash has a lot of potential, i guess it is best to just observe its movement for the. Next months and we'll see if it is worth an investment.
i will prefer investing in it right now because i think it has a huge potential and it will be back to its previous price soon and then we will be good enough to have almost double profit. the price of bcc depend upon mostly on bitcoin and we seen it has a great future a head that's why bcc is also really cool to invest right now.

Since you say it has potential ,do you have any solid argument why NOT TO SELL BCH now? What advantages it has?

I am seriously thinking to sell the remains of my investment and buy something else. This have been the worst and only bad investment so far for me.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:44:12 PM

BCH has been one of the coins that are on top of the list although its future is uncertain since it has been going down lately. Despite the fact that bitcoincash has a lot of potential, i guess it is best to just observe its movement for the. Next months and we'll see if it is worth an investment.
i will prefer investing in it right now because i think it has a huge potential and it will be back to its previous price soon and then we will be good enough to have almost double profit. the price of bcc depend upon mostly on bitcoin and we seen it has a great future a head that's why bcc is also really cool to invest right now.

Since you say it has potential ,do you have any solid argument why NOT TO SELL BCH now? What advantages it has?

I am seriously thinking to sell the remains of my investment and buy something else. This have been the worst and only bad investment so far for me.
For me I wouldnt buy BCH because I dont see it has a potential coin. The hard fork is upcoming and bitcoin gold will be released so I think same scenario will happen in bitcoin gold. So, bch will eventually low the price soon but you have also to search for it if you want to invest just dont rely from others.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:24:25 PM

I totally agree with you. What I have seen so far with BCH is just a pump which I am sure was just a manipulated one. BCH so far has not really shown any promising future and I just do not know why it does not have much of a support probably because of how it came about but eventually only future will tell and it won't be a bad idea chilling a bit for a while and look at how things end up turning out for the coin before going in most especially at this high valued state.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:53:39 PM

I don't think BCH is going anywhere I'd rather invest it into btc/etc/neo

a great number of altcoins are not going anywhere but that doesn't make them a bad investment! in the end it really doesn't matter what the altcoin is as long as its price is going from something to something more Cheesy

we are getting closer to the prediction i made last time in this topic though.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2065720.msg21666131#msg21666131
with the SegWit2x coming, i am expecting a lot of advertising for the bitcoin cash to a point that there can even be a huge pump for it.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: