Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:07:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Bitcoin will survive after 100 year ?  (Read 38109 times)
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:45:23 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2017, 12:53:45 AM by Gameroid

Everyone of us might be gone then but bitcoin survives.

True, bitcoin expands, and it stores so much forum users nowadays, it may not shocked me if someday it will merge with other currency or even in paper money to increase it own value, people will have extra income, and someday I hope that bitcoin will still be decentralized for its own sake that government has no right to get some credentials from here, Banning in each every country of bitcoin must be banned well , bitxoin is useful we should all be thankful for that and not to abused it.
You really can’t tell if it will last till 100 Years and above, but l do hope and believe it will stay till then, though most of us won’t  be alive then. One thing you should know is that it’s not in the hands of the investors/users to say when it ends, but the developers determines and says what happens. They might decide that they’re done with this and split up tomorrow.
yes but i think we can expect that bitcoin will continue for a long long time. because bitcoin is very new and still the users of bitcoin are increasing, and therefore they are making bitcoin more stronger and reliable. therefore we can expect that bitcoin will continue for a long long time, may be for centuries.
in00

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:47:53 PM

I think it will be the only currency
Lecsor

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:33:17 PM

I am sure that in 100 years bitcoin will exist. Some researchers of the crypto currency have calculated that the last block will be produced in 125 years. This means that bitcoin will be extracted for a long time.

╔══ // PumaPay //  Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol   // PumaPay // ══╗
╠════════════  Telegram ─── Bitcointalk ─── Bounty ─── Join Here   ════════════╣
A free blockchain protocol that makes crypto billing accessible to every business  ╝
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:35:43 PM

There are things that might end the run for the bitcoin. This may sound less factual at this point but we do not know. I cannot really prove. But what if we made plans to preserve the usage of bitcoin, to make everyone educated about it. We will have a better chance to stretch bitcoin's lifetime if we will try to act.
joseafonso123az

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:41:16 PM

By then, I think it will still exist. But not sure about how it would be by then. It could have been regulated, it could have been stabilizided and it's price also being stable. I think the bitcoin supporters will continue exploring bitcoin for decades and try to expand it. Maybe we won't be here to see it by then  Tongue
vast28

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:51:03 PM

Definitely a thought provoking idea. While I think many cities and buildings, especially in the old world, will look somewhat familiar, the technological landscape will be quite different in 100 years.  Imagine what "technology" was like in 1917 and then apply exponential computational growth for 2117.

For example, the advent of quantum supremacy will require much of the crypto technologies used in Bitcoin (and most of the web) to be revisited.

I think predicting even 30 years out would be difficult. This is D-wave's latest "quantum" chip, which is not entirely useful, but Goog is shooting for 49 real qubits later this year. Even at 49 qubits, classical encryption is quite safe, but the rate of progress in quantum computing is tremendous.

https://i.imgur.com/FXY9pv6.jpg

Of course, the team working on Bitcoin can adapt along the way.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:09:16 PM

100 years is too long it will be difficult to predict since bitcoin is present until now its value is very high. maybe the growth will get better but with a supply that does not increase it will be expensive. this is an opinion if bitcoin can still survive.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
vast28

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 01:07:40 AM

I'm guessing a non-fiat cryptocurrency will be around in 100 years, but it's hard to predict which one for sure.  I agree, it's just too long of a time horizon.
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 01:11:49 AM

I usually did not think about this but I know for a fact that bitcoin will survive after many centuries, decades or many years. Because of its reliance, and for a thing to survive after many years it should have supporter. For example the concept of trading. With the use of your money you can trade it to buy laptops right? People supports the money that makes it survived for many centuries. And the concept of money was made a long time ago, and we accepted, embraced it into our own community. So if bitcoin will be known in this world, then it will probably last.
guesswhat

Activity: 125

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 01:14:33 AM

Everyone of us might be gone then but bitcoin survives.

True, bitcoin expands, and it stores so much forum users nowadays, it may not shocked me if someday it will merge with other currency or even in paper money to increase it own value, people will have extra income, and someday I hope that bitcoin will still be decentralized for its own sake that government has no right to get some credentials from here, Banning in each every country of bitcoin must be banned well , bitxoin is useful we should all be thankful for that and not to abused it.
You really can’t tell if it will last till 100 Years and above, but l do hope and believe it will stay till then, though most of us won’t  be alive then. One thing you should know is that it’s not in the hands of the investors/users to say when it ends, but the developers determines and says what happens. They might decide that they’re done with this and split up tomorrow.
yes but i think we can expect about bitcoin we can also analyze the price of bitcoin in a better way.

For bitcoin, it's not possible to survive for 100 more years. There are problems I heard hard fork and this will cause serious problems for the future of bitcoin.
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 01:26:11 AM

I am asking this just to see the different opinions of Bitcoin community about its long term potential

I know Bitcoin is actually strong enough and stable as well

But what do you think about it after 100 years ?

the bitcoin will survive, though the mount is limited, the decimal split bitcoin to 8 digit is not something usual. With that 8 decimal, think, how much the maximum price/btc. And after most people in the world have use it, the price will keep climb up. The miner maybe get a small fees, but more transaction will happen. And the difficult maybe decrease. This is 2017, there's a 83 years to see what happen, and I think we cant see what happen that time. but I believe in that time, human already use a cryptocurrency, as their currency.
dreamhouse

Activity: 1073
Merit: 666

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 01:36:52 AM

It will survive, at that time it will be the cybergold, price will be 100 millions maybe, who knows, lol
Hotrod_88

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 01:38:01 AM

I am asking this just to see the different opinions of Bitcoin community about its long term potential

100 years is a long time to take, but like any other era who survive a hundreds of years I know bitcoins will also do that. Bitcoin is our future, the digital currency and I know there will come a time where people will not need cash but instead a digital cash which is more easy to carry and very smooth to transact. And having it decentralized is a good thing because governments always ruined things.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:35:49 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2017, 01:55:59 PM by eann014

I will assume that bitcoin will survive over 100 years just like our currency, because once its started it will already stay. A lot of people already using bitcoin and for sure it will still increase and more people will use bitcoin.
gesdan

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:47:54 AM

i think bitcoin can survive 100 years because in 100 years internet is better than now and technology too so, bitcoin can survive and bettter can today Grin

Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:00:51 AM

Bitcoin users are on the rise, and it seems like this trend will continue for a long time because all users continue to buy bitcoins, but I'm not sure bitcoin can last up to 100 years.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:11:29 AM

Bitcoin users are on the rise, and it seems like this trend will continue for a long time because all users continue to buy bitcoins, but I'm not sure bitcoin can last up to 100 years.
Even there will be a lot of users in the incoming few years, bitcoin will still have a difficult times in reaching a 100 year survival because there is a lot of factors to see like new coins, high difficulty for miners and slow network because in the next 50 years, bitcoin will become over crowded and it will lead on a slower network than now.
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:37:16 AM

I am confident that bitcoin will survive after 100 years...we are now in th new era of currency I believe in future time cypto currency will become known globally and also can becone the major currency of most countries..the demand in bitcoin continue to grow also it's value continue to rise...
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:44:38 AM

For me bitcoin could survive even after a 100 years of existence.  But if the government will see how it performs nowadays considering that its price right now is really high, maybe they will do something to regulate it.  Many people will then try to invest or earn through bitcoins and as a result of this maybe some will be alarmed or they will be more interested on investing bitcoins.  They will try to regulate it especially the government as there is no tax involved in bitcoin.  Or maybe if the price continue to goes up many will hoard their bitcoins until there is nothing left in the circulation.  I do not know but by that time, for sure I am already dead so I would not care anymore. Grin
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:05:14 AM

That is very much possible mate, the question is if that happen are you still alive? Grin
actually, every business can can survive that kind of living except if end of the world comes.
But as long as the community supporting it and using it too, it will surely live long last.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: