Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:09:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Bitcoin will survive after 100 year ?  (Read 38101 times)
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 06:39:43 PM

Depends on the community.
I agree as a community we have the power to keep bitcoin alive for as long as we would like to see it survive...

If they keep dividing, there will be hundreds of coins named bitcoin. I don't think it can survive, but the blockchains' idea will.
If we  are going to have more splits in the future that makes those bitcoins altcoins nothing more! And bitcoins survival will depend on whether the btc devs stay united and agree on the best implementation for bitcoin we could go all the way.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2506
Merit: 582

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:21:30 PM

I think Bitcoin is likely to survive in 100 years as there will be so many innovations in Blockchain technology and many other technologies that will make Bitcoin work in the future and people will use Bitcoin in the transaction
Entirely true, with the statement that Bill Gates has given, I think now there must be no doubt in Bitcoins survival for 100 or 1000 years. With the progress bitcoins is making on daily basis, it will last forever. With my vision, I can see a safe and sound future for bitcoins and it will be used more to accomplish daily life purchases than present.

Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:36:27 PM

Bitcoin can survive provided that the demand will continue to grow and the supply will be maintain like our native currency bitcoin will not last as long as there is a market adopting it. Right now we see a better future of bitcoin but 100years is really long so it will depend on the use if cryptocurrency in the world.
willsteward

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:38:43 PM

Personally I think it's laughable that humanity will survive 100 years, let alone Bitcoin.
Bosx1ne

Activity: 540
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:42:03 PM

I am asking this just to see the different opinions of Bitcoin community about its long term potential

I know Bitcoin is actually strong enough and stable as well

But what do you think about it after 100 years ?
I think the bitcoin will survive and it will surpass all of the challenges and obstacles.

ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:42:39 PM

Yes,definitely bitcoin would survive.It has already crossed lots of critical issues and still it survives.It has made many people's prediction that bitcoin would soon die.Even the governments and bankers are already tired of trying to destroy or ban bitcoin.More than a currency,it has been nowadays bought mainly as a profitable investment.So,i think that bitcoin could survive for more than 100 years.

cramblimp

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:50:06 PM

I am asking this just to see the different opinions of Bitcoin community about its long term potential

After 100 years, I think bitcoin will survive unless it will continue to support by people. But as far as I know bitcoin still survive in the long term, no matter what happen I do support for it.
Gummybear67

Activity: 188

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:50:10 PM

Regardless of what bitcoin's fiat worth is there will always be enough to go around as 1 bitcoin is divisible many, many decimals/values. For this reason I say yes bitcoin will be around in 100 years. The only question is if it is still profitable for miners but I presume it will be, maybe somebody could clarify this.
I think maybe it will survive for a 100 years. I see a lot of potential that might help our economy to get it higher.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:07:24 PM

None of us would be alive in 100 years. Bitcoin will definitely survive though, even though it might become something else by then and none of us would be alive to witness what it becomes. Blockchain is the future, we might have AI using Bitcoin to pay for their human slaves.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
boyptc

Activity: 3010
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:09:31 PM

In 10-25 Years there will be Quantum Computers.

Quantum computers can hack EVERY Blockchain Coin.

So in max 30 Years Blockchain Coins are DEAD.

There will be only IOTA because it works without Blockchain and is quantum proof.

End of Storie.

Haha good for your IOTA dream, let's hope that there will be one day that IOTA can replace bitcoin in the lead. But no way, everyone will be staying at bitcoin and it's a yes that bitcoin can survive for a longer years and even 100 years. As computers are upgrading, security is always the important matter and it will be upgraded too.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
genesis.vision

Activity: 258

The next step in Financial Markets evolution

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Yes,definitely bitcoin would survive.It has already crossed lots of critical issues and still it survives.It has made many people's prediction that bitcoin would soon die.Even the governments and bankers are already tired of trying to destroy or ban bitcoin.More than a currency,it has been nowadays bought mainly as a profitable investment.So,i think that bitcoin could survive for more than 100 years.

But when BTC hits max issued amount and no mining happens,  then what?

Genesis Vision — Decentralized Platform for Asset Management
 ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ TRADE WITH GV ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰  
●  Twitter Facebook •  The next step in financial markets evolution • Telegram Medium  ●
congtuan001122asd

Activity: 186

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:28:13 PM

I think Bitcoin will survive after 100 years. At that time, bitcoin will grow strongly and popular with everyone.
Humans can use bitcoin to pay fees quickly and efficiently

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
██████      CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY ██████
hitlab

Activity: 88

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:43:25 PM

I think bitcoin will survive in some form in 100 years. We would most likely see a lot of forks and new features added in from now till then, potentially bitcoin would be much different from now, but the idea and brand of bitcoin will survive. Similar to how internet protocols have evolved drastically since the early days but we still call the protocols the same name. The decentralized nature of bitcoin make it very resilient, so i would not be surprised if bitcoin itself or a future fork of bitcoin survives well into the future.
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:54:22 PM

Nobody knows what will happen in 100 years. To be honest, I do not wonder. I'm more interested in what will happen in 5-10 years. No one can predict what will happen to bitcoin at this time. So you need to live for today and use the opportunities that gives us the bitcoin.
Panda Trump

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 01:55:49 PM

Personally I think it's laughable that humanity will survive 100 years, let alone Bitcoin.

Why is it laughable? Humanity is quite a succesful being.

hamza1044

Activity: 116

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:56:26 PM

100 ans is a long Duration i think Human will not survive after 100 year .

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░           UBEX           ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░           Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange           ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░    • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github    ░███▓
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:59:04 PM

Nobody knows what will happen in 100 years. To be honest, I do not wonder. I'm more interested in what will happen in 5-10 years. No one can predict what will happen to bitcoin at this time. So you need to live for today and use the opportunities that gives us the bitcoin.

Indeed.  Who cares what will happen after 100 years, we gonna be dead by that time.  But one thing is for sure, we must take advantage of the opportunities bitcoin is giving us as of this moment.  As to what will happen after 100 years, no one knows.  It is just two things, it will become legalized all over the world having high rate or it will disappear.
andaresta

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:17:11 PM

Bitcoin will survive if there are still people who will use his services, but I do not know how long the bitcoin will last, if up to 100 years ahead, I can not predict it.
stephanirain

Activity: 756
Merit: 257

Freshdice.com

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:06:28 PM

In my own point of view, bitcoin will exist after 100 years because there are no possible reasons that bitcoin will be gone because everybody sees that bitcoin can help a person who needs money or who is poor. Bitcoin only lose it's purpose if world war 3 happens because we only think is to survive.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
Raven91

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:10:21 PM

Yes I believe that bitcoin would survive after 100 years because I know that bitcoin would be successful and will be used by many in the succeeding years that will come.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: