Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:24:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin on Uber  (Read 7981 times)
douglock

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:22:08 AM

There are many things have just happened to uber and because of that, I do not think that Uber has time to think about new payment method like bitcoin. Moreover, bitcoin transactions require confirmation from miners. Customers will never like to wait for the transaction to be confirmed because it will take us a lot of time

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xypos

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:55:50 AM

It is a good news but why tip? Why not just integrate it as a payment method instead? Tipping a driver who has no idea what bitcoin is or even have a wallet (except a wallet is also integrated for the drivers) is going to end up being a waste. Unless you have all the strength in the world to start explaining bitcoin to the driver and setting up a wallet for him before your trip ends.

I'm pretty sure that Uber isn't the company behind this. It is only one single driver that is accepting bitcoin as tip.

As you said, obviously being able to tip in bitcoin is good. But what would be infinitely better would be to have an actual payment method as bitcoin on the uber app itself, so you can pay for rides directly with bitcoin.

But i'd take that too - better than nothing. Plus, even though this driver might not represent the majority of uber drivers, he could influence other drivers into accepting bitcoin tips as well, or even potentially let the customer pay in bitcoin directly(might be violating tos of uber though).
Arvz

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:05:26 AM

Bitcoint on uber sounds good. Since the uber is already using online system, bitcoin is good for them. But not all uber drivers uses bitcoins. They prefer cash money because it is more easy to use than bitcoin. But it is up to uber if they will use bitcoin for their service or stay on what it is now.
Jombrangs

Activity: 630
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:09:49 AM

Nice to read this thread ... i really really like to ride with uber it feels good to me
Then better if uber accept bitcoin for payment
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:12:55 AM

It is a good news but why tip? Why not just integrate it as a payment method instead? Tipping a driver who has no idea what bitcoin is or even have a wallet (except a wallet is also integrated for the drivers) is going to end up being a waste. Unless you have all the strength in the world to start explaining bitcoin to the driver and setting up a wallet for him before your trip ends.

I'm pretty sure that Uber isn't the company behind this. It is only one single driver that is accepting bitcoin as tip.

As you said, obviously being able to tip in bitcoin is good. But what would be infinitely better would be to have an actual payment method as bitcoin on the uber app itself, so you can pay for rides directly with bitcoin.

But i'd take that too - better than nothing. Plus, even though this driver might not represent the majority of uber drivers, he could influence other drivers into accepting bitcoin tips as well, or even potentially let the customer pay in bitcoin directly(might be violating tos of uber though).

That was confirmed a long time ago. Anyone anywhere can choose to accept tips in bitcoin but that doesn't mean the company is now accepting it. They should though. I don't see how there would be a downside to them other than price volatility.
mongkie

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:22:34 AM

thats a great idea! combination of hightech innovation in both transport and monetary aspect. a truly world changer. but in other countries like philippines whos  not a change hugger, sad to say that us filipinos cannot use this breakthrough. maybe in future when the there is no corrupt and selfish officials in our government. but the idea of uber on bitcoin is great.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
gusgusest

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:31:05 AM

Heard some Chinese cab apps considering accepting crypto.

CHANGE—First Global Crypto Bank | ICO |Discussion
traderethereum

Activity: 2856
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 03:33:51 AM

i think if uber really used bitcoin on their transportation services, then i will trying to used uber and trying to pay with bitcoin. i hope the fee services can be adjust for my city and they will give some fix fee from one place into other place. i think in the future, there will be many of services like uber will be applying this too.
basinlotus

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:35:52 AM

It's a good start. Waiting to see when one can pay the driver with BTC, not only the tip.

Meanwhile, bitcoin just got integrated with Uber for tipping drivers. Isn't that a good news?

https://twitter.com/Melt_Dem/status/895466611477544960
warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:40:02 AM

Meanwhile, bitcoin just got integrated with Uber for tipping drivers. Isn't that a good news?

https://twitter.com/Melt_Dem/status/895466611477544960

Well it is good news to us like in Philippines uber is famous and it could really help if they will accept bitcoin as payment though it is very expensive but if it comes to bitcoin it is okay. But here in my place still.I haven't seen any uber so I hope there will be here soon and also integrated with bitcoin as payment
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:48:34 AM

well it is such a good initiative from uber as tipping alternative to uber drivers but not all uber drivers will benefit from this because some are not quite familiar about bitcoin but it is a big advantages to some drivers who had a bircoin wallet, i suggest that don't make it as an alternative payment because it is impatient to wait for a payment confirmation than waiting for a booking.
basinlotus

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:49:39 AM

Hopefully, they will. Just don't know which one they will accept.

Heard some Chinese cab apps considering accepting crypto.
Fatemablabla

Activity: 546
Merit: 180

I'm Matured Now

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 03:51:36 AM

Well this is a great news to me.bitcoin and uber both of them are becoming very much popular in our world.so it will be very much helpful to pay those uber driver with bitcoin.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:56:24 AM

Nice to read this thread ... i really really like to ride with uber it feels good to me
Then better if uber accept bitcoin for payment
well we need to wait for further announcement as I understand that this is just for tipping the driver and not the actual payment process but the idea is really
cool if the developer of this apps will succeed, its too early to assess the good news is they already got something to process and improve.
Katariah

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:16:47 AM

It will be good for everyone if uber will accept bitcoin as payment especially for us people who are using bitcoin right? Look at the uber, people rely on it so much and almost everyday people tend to use uber. It is purely a good news for everybody outside the Philippines. Because here in my country uber and grab taxis have been banned. So we, people of the Philippines might not enjoy the benefits.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:57:50 AM

It will be good for everyone if uber will accept bitcoin as payment especially for us people who are using bitcoin right? Look at the uber, people rely on it so much and almost everyday people tend to use uber. It is purely a good news for everybody outside the Philippines. Because here in my country uber and grab taxis have been banned. So we, people of the Philippines might not enjoy the benefits.
Why did uber and grab banned in your country? I don't think that there is a valid reason for the government in the Philippines to ban uber and grab because in my country, a lot of people are using it as an alternative transportation which is more secure and the most comfortable to ride for a transportation because it is private and easy to manage.
btc_angela

Activity: 2590
Merit: 542

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:01:49 AM

Why did uber and grab banned in your country? I don't think that there is a valid reason for the government in the Philippines to ban uber and grab because in my country, a lot of people are using it as an alternative transportation which is more secure and the most comfortable to ride for a transportation because it is private and easy to manage.

It would be great if Uber or Grab would allow payments in bitcoin. And with this, bitcoin will become popular to the masses as we all know that people who avail of Uber and Grab are ordinary people on the street. So it this company suddenly announces that they will accept bitcoin, ordinary riders then will try to search what is bitcoin and probably will buy it to used as mode of payment the next time they used this riding services.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:07:30 AM

How amazing if this will be followed, bitcoin to be tipped to the driver, but sadly that uber as of now is banned in some country, once I visited my friend I cannot use uber there, I was expecting that I can use bitcoin for them to have bitcoin from me.
But honestly, some did not know what bitcoin is, becaus I asked some.drivers. Then I just use their fiat money for my fare which is fair enough for our both ends.
Zeke_23

Activity: 868
Merit: 333

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:26:58 AM

It would be great if Uber or Grab would allow payments in bitcoin. And with this, bitcoin will become popular to the masses as we all know that people who avail of Uber and Grab are ordinary people on the street. So it this company suddenly announces that they will accept bitcoin, ordinary riders then will try to search what is bitcoin and probably will buy it to used as mode of payment the next time they used this riding services.
yes indeed, we seems like we are using master card with that kind of payment. its so nice if they allow it and consider it as one of the payment methods in private transportation like uber or grab. it will also helps bitcoin to become more in demand than before.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AME TRADE HERE
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AME TRADE HERE
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
diagla

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:30:55 AM

This is massive clickbait. Uber hasn't officially implemented Bitcoin and doesn't have any plans to. There was a rumor about Litecoin and Uber a while back too, which was also fake news. Not sure what's up with all the crypto and Uber posts.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: