Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:17:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth!  (Read 94820 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mandica

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:32:42 AM

Am going to post something similar to what i posted on the accusation page but as much as i hate it, this guy laid out a claim filled with lots of verifiable proof and i have yet to see anyone defending the platform with info that could be verified. It's just ppl claiming/screaming fud cos they not happy that he took a shot at Xspec (i guess stating your opinions with verifiable proofs is now considered fud)

I do understand that all codes might not be available on github but it doesn't negate the fact that the op accusation post is to the tee. No matter how much someone wants the sky to be yellow, it's not fud to state that the sky is blue. Simple as that. What he laid out is currently true.

I should add that i own a sizeable amount of XSPEC and am not proud that i bought with zero research into the platform. I just took a gamble when deep onion (probably a shit coin too) was spiking and bought some cos i anticipated the growth will emulate each other. anyway, this is my first time really researching this coin and the guy is right.

So we all should just admit that he is right and the dev can either respond with an improved tech or keep whinning/averting like a common shill

The Truth is Not fud just because You don't like it

Have a look at this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3055715.msg31750202#msg31750202

I believe I have answered the 'senior software developer' in my post

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 11:34:31 AM

@Islapdonkey - I don't think I've ever heard @jbg whine in the 10 months I've worked closely with him....lol....you guys come up with some funny stories.

Great that you own some SpectreCoin[xspec].....don't sell it, you're going to be glad you hodl.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 11:38:06 AM

Posted in our discord community late yesterday by @jbg .....pretty much speaks for itself.

"I have a short update regarding project structure. Even before I needed to take some time off, I had been discussing with a number of longstanding community members about expanding the core team and formalising some kind of "governance" over the project. Given that me taking 10 days off caused such a large disruption, it's clear that these changes need to happen quickly so that the project can keep its momentum even if one member needs to take time off. We now have an idea of what we'd like this to look like, and I'd like to share this with you all. First, we're going to officially grow the core team to include several more people, including at least one more developer but also people with project management and marketing skills. @Mandica is also back in good health and will be participating actively in the core team again. Second, we are introducing bounties to encourage much wider participation in the development of the project. This will be managed via GitHub Issues - anybody will be able to "claim" an issue and upon their successful completion of it, the bounty will be paid to them. This will be funded from the staking donations. I'm working on identifying the areas where I think bounties can be best applied and will create issues soon, but I'd also like to encourage anybody who has ideas for fixes or improvements to propose bounties. The core team will select the bounties that will be funded from staking donations, but anybody can fund a bounty if we don't select it and they want it to be worked on. We hope that these changes will "decentralise" development more effectively and also increase our rate of progress. A specific update about v1.4 will follow in the next days."

"once the core team is in place I want to hand control of incoming donations over to a designated person who will manage the bounties and make results-based payments to me and Bryce as well as fund anything else that needs funding. This designated person will be chosen by the core team collectively, in a public and transparent way, and will be some longstanding, well-known community member. I want to make this change for several reasons, (1) I think philosophically a clean separation of the funding and the development is a good idea, (2) the constant accusations directed at me are taking a significant toll on my wellbeing and my ability to work effectively, and hopefully this will help, (3) the designated person should be able to more clearly weigh the various needs for funding (marketing, core developers, bounties, maybe exchange listing fees, etc) rather than having it managed by a developer with a more narrow view of the project."

"I've now received messages from 8 promising developers, so the odds of expanding the development team are looking good."

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 12:23:48 PM

@Islapdonkey - I don't think I've ever heard @jbg whine in the 10 months I've worked closely with him....lol....you guys come up with some funny stories.

Great that you own some SpectreCoin[xspec].....don't sell it, you're going to be glad you hodl.

When i said dev, i actually mean't founder. If you read my comment on accusation you would have deduced that. Anyway, glad he or she made an effort to defend the coin from a technical standpoint. Though, i still ascertain that the op accusation post is currently true, regardless of any post made afterwards by our dev, the current comments from the guy is currently true. However, if this gets the ball rolling, then i view it as a win for everybody.  As the "you guys" comment, i would say i am the only one who is a holder that is willing to accept the truth as stated, everyone else feels more comfortable screaming fud, so the "you guys" comment should apply to them.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:30:04 PM

Posted in our discord community late yesterday by @jbg .....pretty much speaks for itself.

"I have a short update regarding project structure. Even before I needed to take some time off, I had been discussing with a number of longstanding community members about expanding the core team and formalising some kind of "governance" over the project. Given that me taking 10 days off caused such a large disruption, it's clear that these changes need to happen quickly so that the project can keep its momentum even if one member needs to take time off. We now have an idea of what we'd like this to look like, and I'd like to share this with you all. First, we're going to officially grow the core team to include several more people, including at least one more developer but also people with project management and marketing skills. @Mandica is also back in good health and will be participating actively in the core team again. Second, we are introducing bounties to encourage much wider participation in the development of the project. This will be managed via GitHub Issues - anybody will be able to "claim" an issue and upon their successful completion of it, the bounty will be paid to them. This will be funded from the staking donations. I'm working on identifying the areas where I think bounties can be best applied and will create issues soon, but I'd also like to encourage anybody who has ideas for fixes or improvements to propose bounties. The core team will select the bounties that will be funded from staking donations, but anybody can fund a bounty if we don't select it and they want it to be worked on. We hope that these changes will "decentralise" development more effectively and also increase our rate of progress. A specific update about v1.4 will follow in the next days."

"once the core team is in place I want to hand control of incoming donations over to a designated person who will manage the bounties and make results-based payments to me and Bryce as well as fund anything else that needs funding. This designated person will be chosen by the core team collectively, in a public and transparent way, and will be some longstanding, well-known community member. I want to make this change for several reasons, (1) I think philosophically a clean separation of the funding and the development is a good idea, (2) the constant accusations directed at me are taking a significant toll on my wellbeing and my ability to work effectively, and hopefully this will help, (3) the designated person should be able to more clearly weigh the various needs for funding (marketing, core developers, bounties, maybe exchange listing fees, etc) rather than having it managed by a developer with a more narrow view of the project."

"I've now received messages from 8 promising developers, so the odds of expanding the development team are looking good."

Absolutely positive to the project. The price reflects the response of investors.
Stop dumping and keep watching.
Peoples expect to have a new change.
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:34:52 PM

When i said dev, i actually mean't founder. If you read my comment on accusation you would have deduced that. Anyway, glad he or she made an effort to defend the coin from a technical standpoint. Though, i still ascertain that the op accusation post is currently true, regardless of any post made afterwards by our dev, the current comments from the guy is currently true. However, if this gets the ball rolling, then i view it as a win for everybody.  As the "you guys" comment, i would say i am the only one who is a holder that is willing to accept the truth as stated, everyone else feels more comfortable screaming fud, so the "you guys" comment should apply to them.

Are you a bag-holder of XSPEC?
I invested some one year ago. It is still a profitable coin I have even invested.

I also read the accusation posts carefully. Also I have a bit worry about my investment.
Anyway, the cryptocoin is among the most risk things. Look forward to the future?
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:13:36 PM

thanks for your answer and that interesting link about the pos v2 and pos v3.
but i really wonder why they have removed that "coin age factor" in pos v3.
what's the benefit from removing it and what else are the advantages of pos v3 compared to pos v2.
in the link you provided it is not explained in detail.

Come on man  Grin I said two times that the whitepaper is linked there: https://bravenewcoin.com/assets/Whitepapers/Blackcoin-POS-3.pdf

Do you want me to quote the reasons for removing the coin age factor from it, and other improvements??

at least there should be some kind of factor which recognizes not accepted rewards and increases the chances to get a new reward some time earlier.

the "bad luck thing" with not accepted stake rewards is really not fair in my opinion.
what if someone has always bad luck with it?

Maybe you should design your own Proof of Stake algorithm then?  Wink Tongue  I don't feel like going into the details of PoS right now, read the other articles linked in the Proof-of-Stake intro I gave you earlier, try to understand what it does. It doesn't make sense to argue about something you don't fully understand. (No offense)

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
LilDonkey

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:19:58 PM

Do we have an official roadmap for 2018?
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:07:34 PM

Yes, it is on the project homepage. https://spectreproject.io/roadmap

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
moongoat_

Activity: 42
Merit: 5

sockpuppet of wosch76

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:39:17 PM

The same fudders are attacking deeponion so they clearly have a hatred for privacy coins, perhaps they work for the state police Cheesy

Speaking of privacy coins, if you look at the websites of the 3 tor based coins, don't you think the XSPEC website needs a better revamp i.e. more visuals?

https://spectreproject.io/
https://deeponion.org/
https://vergecurrency.com/

as far as I'm concerned I don't think so.
I like the clean look of the website.
All important informations are there.
in addition to it these visual elements can be possible security gaps.
mig6r

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:46:54 PM

Sad to day but it looks like the fudders are winning right now with former investors dumping like crazy. All alts are down but this is even downer. Can we estimate when something solid will be released to quieten these fudsters? Days / weeks / months?

Definitely not months. Jbg commented on this today, he is recovering from this loss of a family member, and will continue working on 1.4 now. The original release was maybe a week late on the original plan (end of February), plus we have one week delay because of his loss, so think about 2 weeks maybe? There is no hurry, everyone who is still in the game now doesn't even care if it will be delayed.

Former investors sell, new investors get in ... that's the market guys. If you want to make an investment decision, watch the fundamentals and then draw your own conclusions.

In the meanwhile we are also talking to developers who could be interested in joining as an additional core developer, and make plans to get the wider developer community involved as well. It's all getting better!  Smiley

In the end it's people like you who build a solid long-term investor foundation for coins. And it's most likely you who wins out in the end. @KryptoKai if you believe in XSPEC, do the right thing and either stick to what you have or increase your holdings unless you are already neck deep into this. Selling because weak hands do is not a smart move.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
prety-love

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:55:43 PM

In Spectrecoin two addresses: one ordinary, the other anonymous. All transactions between anonymous addresses are anonymous. Nobody will know from which address and on what payment was made. You can not see the IP address of the wallets either. Therefore, it is certainly not surprising that in a darknet someone is using Spectrecoin.
prety-love

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:03:10 PM

Spectrecoin is a very interesting coin, just not as advertised of course as Monero, now is in the downtrend like all altcoins. After adding to the normal stock exchanges can fly, especially if it will be used in darknet.
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:21:37 PM

Yes, it is on the project homepage. https://spectreproject.io/roadmap

But normally, the progress will delay than the roadmap. That's also one reason  the FUDers doubt about the jbg.
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:56:34 PM

There is a way of being constructive, you know .... everyone can do it .... don't just complain. There is a donation website

https://spectreproject.io/donate/

BTC Donation Address:
3MF79dQPLXkd5SJpbGkmgmCNKAEAFWtqn3

LTC Donation Address:
LXZCoKYw2d884He3HnpkuNX7m2kvwMAihk

XSPEC Donation Address:
SgGmhnxnf6x93PJo5Nj3tty4diPNwEEiQb

XSPEC Stealth Donation Address:
smYmcELo9f9fff7BYgVNhcHw1DBzNieJw2Pmb3YSjyCv1ncJLm9k6KFbRKtmPUeqTxHSWAJJKEGfxhX cnxJiVYEBWsfFZsGiPngV9X
Note: do not try to withdraw directly to this address from exchanges, as no exchanges yet support stealth withdrawal.

XMR Donation Address:
4AYhVqhdEdkNSXT8UFjzAALAg4NMYURUjWdiNZCEzBTbWwkNXo1BTRCZzTcjYYDpdivhSUwG3kPV8hb T7vEzBgKRg4UW2b8z

Truth is the new hatespeech.
X4s

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:45:17 PM

wow xspec melt, too much fud, too many accusations that look like true, xspec will get to zero.
SilverCarCrash

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:13:59 PM

Projects in this coin were in stand-by, so it is normal that some serious investors who did their own research are now turning back.
For me, these accusations looks like a test, quite healthy finally. Devs are reacting, probably much faster than if nothing happened. Useful after a period where nothing has been released.
sirsplashalot

Activity: 520
Merit: 123

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:29:45 PM

wow xspec melt, too much fud, too many accusations that look like true, xspec will get to zero.

I've been wrong saying this before about Spectrecoin but now is probably a good time to buy.

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
abbv21b

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:03:25 AM

I've been wrong saying this before about Spectrecoin but now is probably a good time to buy.

Agreed. Fantastic opportunity to buy.
bankomat_t666

Activity: 148

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:46:25 AM

Top wallet wake up.

https://pp.userapi.com/c623900/v623900149/da79c/i7JAXSbXhGA.jpg
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: