Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:02:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth!  (Read 94820 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
stonesourcery

Activity: 271
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:56:59 AM

Lost an ungodly amount of money on this one.

Is this coin still active/is there a roadmap for the future?

Yes, just be patient with. If you invest in a micro-cap coin, then then a 80-90% drop is completely normal.
Best gains I ever had were after a 90% loss. 150x came after that. Micro caps are the future  Wink

this is good fact to keep in mind - we need to take the long view and look back to see if the past can predict future movements

the beauty about this crypto market as opposed to the stock market IS THE HIGH VOLATILITY

XSPEC starting to look like a good buy again

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nemwanderer

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:04:00 PM

Yes, just be patient with. If you invest in a micro-cap coin, then then a 80-90% drop is completely normal.
Best gains I ever had were after a 90% loss. 150x came after that. Micro caps are the future  Wink

this is good fact to keep in mind - we need to take the long view and look back to see if the past can predict future movements

the beauty about this crypto market as opposed to the stock market IS THE HIGH VOLATILITY

What makes you say it’s a buy? Just seems like it’s all starting from zero again. There was no v2.0, stealth staking, etc...

I’m stuck with this, and pretty annoyed tbh, so any good news would be welcome.
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:30:41 PM

What makes you say it’s a buy? Just seems like it’s all starting from zero again. There was no v2.0, stealth staking, etc...

I genuinely can't tell if you're being sarcastic of not by saying it's started from zero again? It's up 40x from reaching exchanges, and around 10x year on year.

Good news is you didn't make the mistake of selling it. There's nothing worse than selling at small to massive loss and seeing your coin then do 10 or 100x. I've made the mistake before, particularly with privacy coins (Verge for example) and I kid you not when I say you are much more likely to regret selling than holding and this is f***ing good news. No offence you just need to play the game better to be honest. Swing large caps (they are all overpriced), buy the dips on small cap (good chance of growth) for "set it and forget it" moves, make a small amount of throw away investments into microcaps for ultimate ridiculous gains. Aggressively scalp ICOs when they reach exchanges as a monthly income if you really want to start printing money.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm seeing so many people looking to bail out on crypto at the moment it seems, or at least certain investments, while the experienced traders are stocking up on what's cheap in the dip. This is how the crypto space works, you  should know better to be honest you've been involved in the space for over a year, longer than me even lol. Look at the fundamentals at the moment (they are great) look at what technology is coming in the future (much more than last year in my opinion). Be patience and sit back and relax, let staking do the hard work for you.

And finally, yes not all investments work out. That's how life works. Move on and hope for the best, learn from your mistakes. Don't write off a project just because you don't think anything will come of it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Nebell

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:48:19 PM

I genuinely can't tell if you're being sarcastic of not by saying it's started from zero again? It's up 40x from reaching exchanges, and around 10x year on year.

Good news is you didn't make the mistake of selling it. There's nothing worse than selling at small to massive loss and seeing your coin then do 10 or 100x. I've made the mistake before, particularly with privacy coins (Verge for example) and I kid you not when I say you are much more likely to regret selling than holding and this is f***ing good news. No offence you just need to play the game better to be honest. Swing large caps (they are all overpriced), buy the dips on small cap (good chance of growth) for "set it and forget it" moves, make a small amount of throw away investments into microcaps for ultimate ridiculous gains. Aggressively scalp ICOs when they reach exchanges as a monthly income if you really want to start printing money.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm seeing so many people looking to bail out on crypto at the moment it seems, or at least certain investments, while the experienced traders are stocking up on what's cheap in the dip. This is how the crypto space works, you  should know better to be honest you've been involved in the space for over a year, longer than me even lol. Look at the fundamentals at the moment (they are great) look at what technology is coming in the future (much more than last year in my opinion). Be patience and sit back and relax, let staking do the hard work for you.

And finally, yes not all investments work out. That's how life works. Move on and hope for the best, learn from your mistakes. Don't write off a project just because you don't think anything will come of it.

This coin was shilled into eternity. Everyone was yapping on how awesome it is, the best privacy coin, etc. But the fact is, the creator fell sick or whatever, some other dude took over, did nothing on it, a month or two the creator came back. But there has been zero activity from the said owner. I don't give a jack shit about Telegram, or Discord. I'm not gonna sit there entire day waiting for updates.
WHERE AND WHAT IS MANDICA DOING?!

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
mandica

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:41:58 PM

WHERE AND WHAT IS MANDICA DOING?!

I am working on getting this project running properly again. Have a look at GitHub: https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre
Updates are on there, or the newsletter: https://news.spectreproject.io/
I don't spend much time on Bitcointalk, but rather work with the devs
versprichnix

Activity: 876
Merit: 291

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:17:38 PM

..., some other dude took over, did nothing on it, ... I'm not gonna sit there entire day waiting for updates.

Ah yes, I understand your objection.
mandica

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:58:55 AM

..., some other dude took over, did nothing on it, ... I'm not gonna sit there entire day waiting for updates.

Why don't you check out the GitHub and you will see that we are working daily. The 'no updates' mantra is just bullshit. If you want to you can stay up to date via GitHub, Trello, Discord but this place is not the best for updates.
versprichnix

Activity: 876
Merit: 291

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:13:25 AM

Why don't you check out the GitHub and you will see that we are working daily. The 'no updates' mantra is just bullshit. If you want to you can stay up to date via GitHub, Trello, Discord but this place is not the best for updates.

My objection was ironic. I know, that you are working on it. I'm one of the persons who "do nothing" and "waiting" on it, so take your time. My patience is endless.
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:16:29 AM

This is the link for Discord of Spectrecoin:

In our community there are kind people waiting for you, to answer your questions.

https://discord.gg/FY7VtWK

https://github.com/XSPECOfficial/spectre
Is this the official source?

I download from it and tried to install on Ubuntu 16.04 following the instructions in the README.md.
However, I got errors in the last step: make.

When will the linux wallet be released?

The official source of Spectrecoin is this:

https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre

You should see the README.md file here:

https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/blob/master/README.md

Now I can not give you a specific date, but at the current work rate, it will soon be available.

Totally following the instruction in the README.md file, I still got the errors:
"/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/detail/impl/engine.ipp:221:9: error: ‘SSL_R_SHORT_READ’ was not declared in this scope          ERR_PACK(ERR_LIB_SSL, 0, SSL_R_SHORT_READ),"
Is that the problem of SSL?
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:33:17 AM

Sold my last 700 XSPEC at a 20% loss. Beware any new speculators, this shitcoin is a scam
It was a very big mistake.
 Wink

I am pretty sure in the early days of Monero or Dash (called Blackcoin at the time) the situation was similar; uncertainty, scam accusations, prices going over a dollar then below and so on....now those two coins are worth 200-500$.

when the sky is blue and sun is shining, a coin with a market cap of just 21 million will be worth over 100$...then it is too late to make money. "buy on the cannons, sell on the trumpets" and be ready to lose your investment.

I'd still like to see a deliverable, like a new version of the wallet... Wink

Truth is the new hatespeech.
Nebell

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:02:05 PM

Sold my last 700 XSPEC at a 20% loss. Beware any new speculators, this shitcoin is a scam
 Wink

I am pretty sure in the early days of Monero or Dash (called Blackcoin at the time) the situation was similar; uncertainty, scam accusations, prices going over a dollar then below and so on....now those two coins are worth 200-500$.

when the sky is blue and sun is shining, a coin with a market cap of just 21 million will be worth over 100$...then it is too late to make money. "buy on the cannons, sell on the trumpets" and be ready to lose your investment.

21mil market cap is too high for this coin.

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
Tuwan

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

Happy Mining!

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 02:07:17 AM

I invested a large amount my portfolio on Spectre coin then. Value decrease by 3 times. But still holding.

Recently having issues with staking.

My wallet fully syncs all the time... For this month (May) only received 1 stake so far.
2 of them Generated but not accepted mined.

Previously..., I used to get similar error "Generated but not accepted mined"  too. But I have received several stakes at the same time.

Do anyone has similar issues, thankful for any solutions.

miramare

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:14:52 AM

Wink

21mil market cap is too high for this coin.

I still believed in this coin, even I have sold most of them. You know, the coin reached the 100million market cap.
The reason I sold most of them is that I can't have a working and sync wallet since last September (as my country banned the Tor or something related).
While I tried to install the linux wallet on an oversea VPS, I can't make it a success.
I checked it that there was no a linux release so far. (since v.1.3.5?)

TaylorCZ

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:30:17 AM

I was able to build linux client from source and run it on VPS. Unfortunately the client is somewhat greedy on memory, it consumes more than half GB.
Nevertheless it is staking and I already received some stakes.
miramare

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:55:09 PM

I was able to build linux client from source and run it on VPS. Unfortunately the client is somewhat greedy on memory, it consumes more than half GB.
Nevertheless it is staking and I already received some stakes.

@TaylorCZ, would you do me a favor to share the experience to install the Linux client on VPS? Following the instruction (README.md), I always got an error when making. Looks like some ssl errors. But I indeed installed 1.1.0h version of openssl.
TaylorCZ

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 01:04:54 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2018, 02:34:39 AM by TaylorCZ

In the beginning I also struggled with spectre requirement of newer openssl (1.1.0) than is in CentOS I have on VPS. Gandalf's advice to use older version which builds with openssl 1.0.1 helped me, unfortunately I can't find page he referred.
But basically it was this:
git clone https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre
git checkout v1.3.5

I had to get over a few other issues, like install newer version of gcc (7.2.1 which supports C++14 standard - see RPM package devtools-7-runtime) and also build Boost C++ library (distro version didn't work, don't remember exact reason).

Finally I didn't know how to run it. Dunno is it is the best way, but I run it with -cli parameter under tmux console multiplexer.
When I ran it as daemon, I couldn't figure out how to connect to it to issue commands.
Also I needed to create .spectrecoin/spectrecoin.conf in my home dir where I enabled staking and set rpcpassword.
I wonder if there is a tutorial or comprehensive doc about this all (how to configure and run spectre without GUI). I didn't find any - I put everything together from pieces I googled out.

Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 01:55:07 PM

In the beginning I also struggled with spectre requirement of newer openssl (1.1.0) than is in CentOS I have on VPS. Gandalf's advice to use older version which builds with openssl 1.0.1 helped me, unfortunately I can't find page he referred.
git checkout v1.3.5

I had to get over a few other issues, like install newer version of gcc (7.2.1 which supports C++14 standard - see RPM package devtools-7-runtime) and also build Boost C++ library (distro version didn't work, don't remember exact reason).

Finally I didn't know how to run it. Dunno is it is the best way, but I run it with -cli parameter under tmux console multiplexer.
When I ran it as daemon, I couldn't figure out how to connect to it to issue commands.
Also I needed to create .spectrecoin/spectrecoin.conf in my home dir where I enabled staking and set rpcpassword.
I wonder if there is a tutorial or comprehensive doc about this all (how to configure and run spectre without GUI). I didn't find any - I put everything together from pieces I googled out.

Thanks, this is a good suggestion. I can try to make more installation tutorials for different setups. The page that you are referring to was taken down by me, to avoid making it look like official XSPEC documentation and to avoid confusion with Wisp. I'll talk with the Spectrecoin team to find a place where these guides can be published.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
miramare

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:16:09 AM

git checkout v1.3.5

Thank you so much. I used Ubuntu 16.04 and tried with older version v1.3.5. But I can't make it work yet.
@mandica, could you please help make a wallet of any linux version? The present README.md seems not work for us.
TaylorCZ

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:48:38 AM

Miramare: Which point are you stuck at?
visionary

Activity: 966
Merit: 587

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:17:35 AM

bullish on this coin. some wallet issues always happening (I personally had some probs with XMT wallet). While korvi  is still in development XSPEC is undervalued imo
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: