Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:26:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell?  (Read 14640 times)
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:13:24 PM

It just happens whenever I saw the price pump up so high. Then I can't hold my self from selling it for some profit.
The fact I regret it now because bitcoin pumped even more and more
Actually you will never be able to sell your coin at the right time accurately on top of the price.
But at least when you see such a pump signal , you should be ready to sell.
Just make sure you did not sell it too early by making a lot of analysis from a lot of sources.

Yeah everyone says that buy low and sell high but no one exactly knows which is the highest price to sell as if you would have sold at $4500 thinking that its too high then today you would have seen the price of $4700 and at that time you would regret for not holding them longer so there is no perfect time or price to sell but sell it when you are making good profits from it without any regrets.
Just look at the market situation based your own knowledge , if you know already about the bubble.
Maybe that time is the right time to sell your coins , as the market in not normal rates leading to drop price later.
Sell it step by step , don't go allin as it might just give you a full of regret.

I would also sell in small portions to test how the market is and then get it during dips. In the beginning of my I usually go all in and as I go looking back, its not a good strategy to begin with. And before I would just sell even though I don't needed fiat that time so it very wrong move that I'm making. But as I matured, I only sell in portions and observe if I make the correct decision, sometimes I hedge it against dollar as well. You will definitely regret if you did sell all in as what I have experience early on.
I have committed the same mistake too on which you would go all in on selling your stash but later on i did realize that i do only sold half or small portions of it just a way on securing your profits on a short span of movement which i do really make some hedging strategy and it does work and it do gives me profits.Then buyback when the price tends to go down again.Rinse and repeat which i can really make money out of it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:52:54 AM

For me as long as I get a 40%- 50% profit, that is the time I sell my coin. Still small though because I'm still practicing with a 150k sats.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:07:36 AM

For me i usually do is check the chart if there will be another wave (when the price will go low) but you will need to research a bit to get the perfect calculation. and when it rise again it would be very easy to make profit.  Grin
Well said. But I think it is you who has to decide when to sell it. I guess it all depends on how much profit you want to earn out of single Bitcoin. If you think the market price matching with what you aimed for, just sell it. Else, keep it till the time you don’t get what you really want.
Shutup

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:24:24 PM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?
If I have many bitcoins I'd rather choose to save and store because its a very big amount of cash when bitcoin is in a high value of current price.Thats the advantage of having bitcoin savings.But now my salary is not enough,so when the price climbs I have to sell my bitcoin to support my family needs.
Catswold

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:36:17 PM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.

What's your strategy?
If I have many bitcoins I'd rather choose to save and store because its a very big amount of cash when bitcoin is in a high value of current price.Thats the advantage of having bitcoin savings.But now my salary is not enough,so when the price climbs I have to sell my bitcoin to support my family needs.
Saving bitcoin is always good but if you have lots of bitcoins then don't keep them idle in wallet and try to make some efforts to grow it by investing in altcoins as it can give you good profits in very quick time if you have invested after doing a good research and sell it when you are making some profits from it.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:40:27 PM

For me as long as I get a 40%- 50% profit, that is the time I sell my coin. Still small though because I'm still practicing with a 150k sats.

This is good advice, with higher amounts you can be satisfied even with 20-30% profit. I like to make higher profit and I pick coins that can make big rise in long term. Decision when to sell depends from many factors, but most important one is how much profit you to make with specific coin. Have in mind when you pick a coin for trading how much that coin can rise and in what time frame, for some investment you need to wait.
Practicing is the best way to learn something, start with small amounts and trade until you become better and better, only then invest more and start to trade with more serious amounts.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
aryana42

Activity: 1190
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:01:35 PM

I am including longterm trader and my target profit specify is 20%/month. Trading for me is the most effective way to generating bitcoin as well as its practical level. All i need to do just make a conclusion to open order, then let it grow.
abstractednerve

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:19:33 PM

I am including longterm trader and my target profit specify is 20%/month. Trading for me is the most effective way to generating bitcoin as well as its practical level. All i need to do just make a conclusion to open order, then let it grow.

That is right to make profits from trading we should always have some target and once it is achieved we can sell our coins without waiting longer as you never know when price can crash and holding altcoins too long can be really risky as you may suffer losses if you don't sell them at a right time.

▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████▌ ██████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀███████▄
▄████████  ▄██████▄████████▄
█████████  ▀██▀  ▄██████████
▐██████████▄     ▀███████████▌
▐█████████████  ▄  ▀█████████▌
█████████████ ▐██  █████████
▀████████▀██████▀  ████████▀
▀███████▄       ▄████████▀
▀██████████▌ ██████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
.$martFund.

▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
▀       ▀
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█      ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀█▀   █    ▄▀       ▀
▄   █   ▄█▄   █▀▄▄   ▄▄▀
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█   ▀█▀   
     █▄       ▄▄   █   ▄█▄
     █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀ █ ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀
     █    █    █    █▄       ▄█
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
▀       ▀▀       ▀    █   
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█▀▄▄ █ ▄▄
   ▀█▀      ▀█▀   █   ▀▀▀
▄   █   ▄▄   █   ▄
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
..One-stop Blockchain..
..Investment Solution..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:23:46 PM

I do follow my candlesticks signal to buy into a trade and I followed the same signal to sell also. I don't just jump into a trade I study the market very well  and I know my exist point before even embarked on any trade. I think we have our individual knowledge and understand on when to sell our coin and when to buy them.
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:36:29 AM

If I have altcoins on trading sites then I will sell them on the spot when its giving me good profits and I will be satisfied even with a small profits that I have made from it as I always have an choice to buy them back when price drops but I prefer to hold bitcoins for a long term to make higher profits from it.
Pakboy

Activity: 195

"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:24:23 AM

What's your strategy?
The right time to sell our altcoins is when the price is became doubled and tripled. By that moment we can realize that it is time to sell. I always waiting the right time to sell my coins.

pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:42:22 AM

What's your strategy?
The right time to sell our altcoins is when the price is became doubled and tripled. By that moment we can realize that it is time to sell. I always waiting the right time to sell my coins.

Yes but it may take some time for the price to go double or triple and for that you need to have a patience to hold your coins even if you see price going down as majority of people gets panic and sell their coins at a wrong time which gives them negative results.
mia khalifa

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:26:29 AM

What's your strategy?
for me if playing with a little better capital to play in a long-term way, buy and wait up to 200% increase then sell. and wait for the price to go down again and buy again.
marseille

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:00:25 AM

What's your strategy?
for me if playing with a little better capital to play in a long-term way, buy and wait up to 200% increase then sell. and wait for the price to go down again and buy again.

Its possible that altcoin can pump to 200% but it will take lot of time and not every time a coin will pump and it can go in other direction too so instead of waiting too long to make huge profits better to sell when its giving you satisfying results.
kevinn669

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

Tokens That Store Virtual Energy

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:06:22 AM

What's your strategy?

This is a very good strategy if you choose the right coin. After all, not every coin can be so much more expensive. And even more so in a short time.
And this is the hardest job of a trader

████████████                                                     
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███          ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       
 ██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███         ██▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀ ▐███▌   ██▀▀▀▀██▄▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀       
 ██     ██  ███   ▄▄    ██▄    ▀    ██     ██ ██   ██     ██    ██           
 ██ ▄▄▄██▀  ███  ████   ▀██████▄    ██    ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ██ ▄▄▄██▀    ██           
 ██  ▀██▄   ███   ▀▀    ▄    ▀██    ██    ███████  ██  ▀██▄     ██           
 ██    ▀██▄ ███         ██▄▄▄▄██    ██   ▐█▌   ▐█▌ ██    ▀██▄   ██           
 ▀▀      ▀▀ ███          ▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀   ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀   ▀▀           
            ████████████     █████████████                                   
                                       ███                                   
         ████████ ██▄      ██          ███  ████████▄   ▄▄█████▄▄  ██▄     ▄██
         ██       ████▄    ██     ▄▄   ███  ██    ▀██ ▐██▀     ▀██  ▀██▄ ▄██▀
         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██▀███▄  ██    ████  ███  ██   ▄▄██ ██              ▀███▀   
         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ▀███▄██     ▀▀   ███  ██ ███▀▀  ██    ██████     ▐█▌   
         ██       ██    ▀████          ███  ██  ▀██▄  ▐██▄     ▄██     ▐█▌   
         ████████ ██      ▀██          ███  ██    ▀██▄  ▀▀█████▀▀      ▐█▌   
                              ████████████                                   
      ▄▄▄▄        ▄███▌
    ▄▄▄▄▄       ▄████▀
               █████   
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▀▀   
 ▀▀████████▌ ▐██▌     
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀ ▄▄   
               █████▄ 
             █▄ ▀████▌
             ███  ▀███▌
             ███    ▀▀▀
             ███       
             ███       
             ███           
            ▐███▌     
           ▄█████▄     
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Register and Get Access
Facebook   Telegram
Twitter       Announcement
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:44:17 PM

40-50 % is a very handsome amount of profit. But this is what differs from person to person. Everyone has something different in his mind. Some might be interested in getting only 10% of profit, others may be looking for more. I think it is you who decides that this is the best time to sell.
wahb

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:04:12 PM

What's your strategy?

This is a very good strategy if you choose the right coin. After all, not every coin can be so much more expensive. And even more so in a short time.
but  i think that it is not so easy to choose the right coin. because no one know in advance that the coin will hit and will increase too much but we still need to have good study about the altcoin where we want to invest our money. because there are  so many altcoin which are already dead or going to die, while so many other sponzy coins where you can even lose your own investment.
jasonjm

Activity: 1232
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 01:53:50 PM

What's your strategy?

but  i think that it is not so easy to choose the right coin. because no one know in advance that the coin will hit and will increase too much but we still need to have good study about the altcoin where we want to invest our money. because there are  so many altcoin which are already dead or going to die, while so many other sponzy coins where you can even lose your own investment.

Best option is to analyse the market first and check the coins which have potential to grow and have some solid technology behind it. Once selected buy that coin by following it over the time period and when the price but the lowest then buy that. This will lower the risk of lose.
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:13:08 PM

What's your strategy?

Best option is to analyse the market first and check the coins which have potential to grow and have some solid technology behind it. Once selected buy that coin by following it over the time period and when the price but the lowest then buy that. This will lower the risk of lose.

Yes doing a good homework is mandatory before investing in any coins and you cannot afford to invest blindly in it without any research as it will never bring positive results for you and if you have analyzed the market well then you will surely come to know that which is the best price to buy.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:34:57 PM

40-50 % is a very handsome amount of profit. But this is what differs from person to person. Everyone has something different in his mind. Some might be interested in getting only 10% of profit, others may be looking for more. I think it is you who decides that this is the best time to sell.
The fact is that they always do not very often price certain coins for a maximum. We must ourselves identify and define the peaks to which we aspire and from which to start the countdown the fall of 10% in price. Although the strategy of reality is very correct.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: