Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:16:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell?  (Read 14639 times)
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:31:14 AM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?
i decided when im home and get to my computer upon checking if im not into loss then i will wait for atleast 1 hour,after one hour and what is the highest price then i will sell my prospective coin.but only part of my coins..unless the price is really high than i would gain more than i buy my coin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:40:47 AM

It is time to sell when you want to exit from the game. When you say enough, then you sell and get yourself a lambo. Don't sell too late, otherwise you might not fully enjoy what you actually deserve.
If you are a trader, don't be greedy and set your targets. When you reach your target, then sell.
foggywhite007

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:50:33 AM

I know people who only sell when you make x2-X3 then go to other projects. This way investors.
A Pro can do 20-30% every day acting on technical analysis. They look at the glass, the volume on the news.
But in the crypt so far that it is difficult to predict and to do the direct with 100% certainty the market is still young, intuition will tell

ruchi85

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 11:55:52 AM

For me this is driven by a few factors,

1. Does the coin have a future? ( Check out the roadmap, look out for milestones, Check out the team, See how actively they promote their progress on social media etc). If so hold a bit longer, see how it does after an upgrade, trust is the key, if you believe in the coin then hold.
2. Do I really need the money now?. If not then why sell, if the coin has a future.
3. Has is met your goals you set when you started out?. If so sell, learn to live with your decisions.
4. Is the coin just a hype, is it going for much more than its worth? If so a dip might occur. Sell while you can.

NO REGRETS, NO RECONSIDERING. once you made you choice don't look back and think to yourself, ahhh i shoulda held a bit longer. Well you made a choice after considering everything that was available to you at that moment. Why worry now.

▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ AMLT by Coinfirm ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ The Token of Compliance ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄ Facebook   ❱ ❱  Twitter   ❱ ❰  Telegram ▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
moooonu

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:57:19 AM

Each day when market starts there is a time when price goes higher than the market started so stay with market and when you see a pattern of going high and low then you just have to follow the trend as after 2-3 times the trend will be going down and then again start recovery. So sell your coins when you see a pattern 2 similar pattern.
chip1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:11:44 PM

I know people who only sell when you make x2-X3 then go to other projects. This way investors.
A Pro can do 20-30% every day acting on technical analysis. They look at the glass, the volume on the news.
But in the crypt so far that it is difficult to predict and to do the direct with 100% certainty the market is still young, intuition will tell
20-30% every day!? That amount is higher than other trading markets as Forex, Stock ... you have to know with that amount, the whale and the rich need to have many "Foods" for their profits. And the cryptocurrency trading market still small, it's really smaller than other large trading market in the world. That percent profits is only a dream for trader have small capital Wink

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,
Bessta

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:14:39 PM

Guts and intuition will help you decide after considering the technical analysis and trend patterns. You should do the learning all day long 24/7.

HYDAX EXCHANGE BOUNTY ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange Futures & Options IEO APP Community
Panchum

Activity: 378
Merit: 55

Be Good to me!

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:20:09 PM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.

What's your strategy?
I will sell my coins it depends  on my needs because l don't have plenty coins now. I sold my coins if l monitor that the price is right for me. But if the price is very low. I hold it first l'll wait for the time to increase the price. But if l have choice l will hold first and sold it when it is very expensive so that I can save a big amount of cash for the future of my kids.l used to be a single mom. that's why I really have to save for the future of my kids.lf l have some more budget for my kids. I'm going to save my coins and sell it on the right time to invest a business for a steady income for my family.
evader11

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:40:48 PM

What's your strategy?
Yes you're right, we can't monitor the prices of altcoins all day because we need a time to sleep. By the way, in terms of trading its not a matter of time, its just a perfect timing for buying and selling altcoins. Sometime we need to sell it for emergency that's all.

Oasisman

Activity: 2576
Merit: 547

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 01:05:06 PM

What's your strategy?

Simple strategy that works for me. First I set a specific target for a coin to hit, then ill monitor the movement of its value whether it has a potential or just a hype. I also read comments and news about a specific coin as a backup reference. Then ill just hold onto these coins until I reached the target value, if theres still a potential for the coin to go further increase or a pump of value, then ill hold it further more as well, then sell it. But in some cases like emergency or necessity ill sell it right away when it hits my target.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
darewaller

Activity: 2786
Merit: 634

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:21:10 PM

I am checking the price first and i will decide to sell if the price reach the price that i have in mind. Because i am satisfying my self on that price so i wont have any regrets later. This is how i decide when to sell.
The problem is that you can’t really tell the right time to sell and the rightful time to buy. You just have to study the price perfectly and predict by yourself what the price is going to be next, just like you will do in forex trading. But sometimes it’s always easy to predict the price especially when the price is on a steady movement to a certain direction, either up or down.

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀
marseille

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:33:39 AM

I keep on checking the price on hourly basis and if it reaches to my price then I plan to sell some of my bitcoins as holding too long is very boring for me and I like to play with bitcoins by buying and selling on timely basis and if the profit margin is really good then without thinking twice I sell some portion of my coins as I can buy it back any time when price will decrease in near future.
GamesBooster

Activity: 34
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:48:08 AM

I usually sell coin when it has a good event going on, it gets on a bigger business page or there is some bad news that can affect it. In Crypto Investments, the volatility of the market affects a lot of your coin. So sell when there are profits.
usekevin

Activity: 2184
Merit: 553

Need Manager! Hire me ! Telegram Id @Usekevin

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:06:31 AM

I keep on checking the price on hourly basis and if it reaches to my price then I plan to sell some of my bitcoins as holding too long is very boring for me and I like to play with bitcoins by buying and selling on timely basis and if the profit margin is really good then without thinking twice I sell some portion of my coins as I can buy it back any time when price will decrease in near future.

Ha ha.You can play with bitcoin by selling and buying means, you should not depend on the income from trading for your economical problem. You should have separate money for your economical problem. You can save your Profit from bitcoin for future economical resource.I will use to check the status of bitcoin in every two or three hours, why because if you often seen it means it will make you confuse for the small fluctuations.
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1344

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 03:50:59 AM

What's your strategy?

Nice question. For me, I do selling when I already gained profits, it doesnt matter anymore if how much profits I earned as long as I have and no loss at all. It's very risky in trading we should be careful always when buying and selling.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
dhas

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:07:03 AM

What's your strategy?
Well, I set a particular amount on when Im going to sell my bitcoin.
Because if I just relay to the period of time on how long Im going hold it, im sure got a loss.
So for me in order to have a profit a set a particular amount.
That if bitcoin reaches that amount Im going sell it weather in a short or long period of time.
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:07:37 AM

In my own experience, i sell coin when my profit has being doubled,  for me that double was good enough to be profitable. And when i sold it, i buy other coins at low price then wait for it to be doubled,
w33man

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:25:03 AM

What's your strategy?

The deciding factor that tells whether it is time to sell has always been the value of the coin that one sells. Of course, in order to surpass the marginal capital cost of expenses used to buy the coins, thereby making the seller earn more. So, we need to carefully plan everything before selling in order for us to succeed.
dalat

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:26:24 AM

It is all about the day how the trend is I check the news weather there will be panic in the market will raise.
rockyboy

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:40:29 AM

When it easily pumps and reach atleast 50% or 100% and i already get a higher profit that is my indication of selling my bitcoin or altcoin.

███    TWITTER    UbcoinMarket   WHITEPAPER    ███ PARTNERSHIPS
███       ANN          EXCHANGE CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR REAL GOODS         MEDIUM       ███    SAMSUNG
███  TELEGRAM  WEBSITE      FACEBOOK     ███       FLY 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: