Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:42:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell?  (Read 14644 times)
miang

Activity: 196
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:08:33 PM

I discover and use the bitcoin lately, so I'm just starting to make allot of money using a bitcoin. I decide to sell my bitcoin if I have to need to pay or buy. This is because I'm the one who have a good salary and the breadwinner. I pay my parent's debt and used some of my money in buying gadgets and also for the allowance. Even the price is low I do selling because it needs, its enough for me because I have an income, only internet and spending of time has beeb used, no investment. Sometimes one week before I need the money I set my coins in what price I want, this is because of chances of high profit, if this not sell I will sell to the actual price.
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:18:58 PM

I only decide that it is time to sell my coins when i badly needed money,for example emergencies if my cash or paper money is not enough then i don't have any other choice but to sell my coins.But as long as i don't badly need it I prefer to hold my coins and wait until the high price begins. I really want to save what i have now for my two boys.
mware

Activity: 390
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:40:09 PM

i use app to check the price daily so no need to open computer everyday. If i see the coin price increase like 30%-40% that is the time I sell my coin
pissyas

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:05:23 PM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?
I believe that so that you can know the time to sell you need a lot of experience, the ability to analyze technical charts, combine with market information to make predictions and plans. can If the market appears bad news related to the project you invest also makes the price drop sharply and affect the psychology of investors.
Mr.John19

Activity: 350
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:07:55 PM

The more I learn technical analysis, the better I am at picking the optimal entry and exit points. It's an invaluable skill that every aspiring trader should be putting most of their time into.

When the value aims your target price you must sell your coins instead of holding it too long must the altcoin because some of the altcoin risky to keep it sometimes they might crash at any moment.  Then, to choose target price to sell using your calculation and instinct, and most important is the knowledge. Just set a specific amount of profits that you think it might attain.  Remember, If you purchase coins on the high there is a tendency to stuck your money for a long time like my other coins.
ylmz611

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:22:44 PM

very helpful topic thanks !!
Bluehorizon365

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:33:15 PM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.

What's your strategy?

I try to follow if theres any particual news about that coin and wait the market stabilize the price and then sell it at a high point. If the second day it dipped to half then i buy again the same amount to average out my coin price and wait it out for a good 6 months.

Cheers !  Smiley
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:09:30 PM

i use app to check the price daily so no need to open computer everyday. If i see the coin price increase like 30%-40% that is the time I sell my coin

Well, it relies on what is your strategy and to your desires every person has their own decision and situation. We never know when the period the money will be needed. When I purchase a coin, I usually set or plan an value when I want to retail it. The amount of the coins depends on the market cap and the total supply and the demand of the currencies. There is particular opinion to set your prediction and the goal, as long the result is positive profits, then it's satisfactory. If you are a trader, don't be impatient and set your targets according to your plan. When you reach your objective, then sell.
helen28

Activity: 453

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:20:43 PM

Well, it relies on what is your strategy and to your desires every person has their own decision and situation. We never know when the period the money will be needed. When I purchase a coin, I usually set or plan an value when I want to retail it. The amount of the coins depends on the market cap and the total supply and the demand of the currencies. There is particular opinion to set your prediction and the goal, as long the result is positive profits, then it's satisfactory. If you are a trader, don't be impatient and set your targets according to your plan. When you reach your objective, then sell.
I admit that I am not a good trader and I am really having a hard time doing it but what matters for me is that I don't want to quit until one day I will finally get and have the strategy set on my own, it is not matter how much I am losing now what matters is how much I am eager to learn.
okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:47:17 PM

True but what I did since I am not able to decide at what price I need to sell my coins, I set them at a certain price dividing them to 4-5 set of orders in just one coin. I know it really sounds absurd and ridiculous but at least it won't be a huge pain in my arse to think I sold them too early or too late. But it always works on my end though, so I still stick to that strategy until now.
hridoyb

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 09:15:44 PM

What's your strategy?
Trading is difficult but more profitable plartform on crypto currency.So most of the trader or expert trader alwys focus on https://coinmarketcap.com/ other crypto news site because crypto like a game if you miss the chance you get lost but control emotion and hold asset and sell high you are gainer.Many people bought low price but maximum time coin are dump and they donot try to hold and sell their asset and upsate for this so first make a target price when you sell your asset

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
jsrenthourse

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:42:55 PM

What's your strategy?
You can see that the market over the past few days is fluctuating extremely complex, it can be seen that the price of bitcoin is constantly changing and fluctuating in large amplitude, it shows that this is the opportunity to we can trade. The bitcoin is currently at $ 11,200 and is heading toward $ 12,000, if it goes through $ 14,000. So if you do not pass the $ 12000 milestone, sell the bitcoin.
yang1782

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:57:56 AM

I think that's really up to you. Having a sell strategy is better than having none, regardless the situation. Buy at the dip and when prices have gone up, sell when it's good enough for you. I usually sell during 10-15% increase increments and is willing to change that depending on the news.
Beparanf

Activity: 2772
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:58:43 AM

What's your strategy?
Trading is difficult but more profitable plartform on crypto currency.So most of the trader or expert trader alwys focus on https://coinmarketcap.com/ other crypto news site because crypto like a game if you miss the chance you get lost but control emotion and hold asset and sell high you are gainer.Many people bought low price but maximum time coin are dump and they donot try to hold and sell their asset and upsate for this so first make a target price when you sell your asset
I'd been doing that selling long before and it regrets me that I did sell them at such price,soon those whose doing it will realize that there are coins that really worth to hold. I just do holding now.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
pissyas

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:19:56 PM

What's your strategy?
We can see that bitcoin prices have been fluctuating continuously over the past few days, and at the moment the bitcoin is at $ 11400 and is still failing to break through the 11800 level. $. So I think you should sell bitcoin at this time because the bitcoin price will probably drop sharply in the coming days.
francis2

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:55:17 PM

What's your strategy?
If what you want is to maximize the amount of profits you get with each trade there is no other way than to day trade and for that you need to watch the charts most of the day, I know it is not the answer you are looking for but that is the only way to make sure you get all the profits you possibly can especially with something as volatile as bitcoin.
Juliedarwin

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:11:06 PM

When you are monitoring the value of price and when it's having a pretty good value of price then sell it. Trading it's not easy but when you are monitoring the value of coins then it's good to sell.
FairUser

Activity: 1344
Merit: 264

bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:03:10 AM

i think some time long holding also gives problem and that is not good just check the news and mostly people reaction what they are doing then decide what you want do exactly so need learn more what is going on in the market where we can get the own decision what we want no need be panic.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Icaxx

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:21:37 AM

Well it depends on what is your plan with your trade. If you invest it for long term then I think you shouldnt be worrying it. If day trader then apparently within the. I usually take profit if it hits 5-7%. This will be a more realistic target. Search for a volatile coin and have a good volume so that you can get out easily. For midterm I think 20-30% is sufficient enough but if I am  anticipating news that may give a big impact to the coin then I just set a stop loss then if it gets higher then I just adjust my stop loss. As they always say have a trading plan before entering any trade.
but for this you need to have a good patience in order to expect a better moment. If you chose such a project, which is sure about 100%, then everything should turn out without the slightest problems. But How to choose the best investment in the market?

Why dont we need to be worry if we invest long term? Long term also has very high risk so please dont deny it.
We need to worry about both investment, long and short. With our worry, we are expected to becareful with our decision.
healthcarep

Activity: 72

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:59:23 AM

Basically I am used coinmarket cap for choosing any coin to buy and sell. when ever a coin would be much more dump I do buy this coin and then when ever that coin will be pump I do sell. I am following this formula for my trading.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: