Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:56:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell?  (Read 14644 times)
davidroux

Activity: 625
Merit: 250

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:31:23 PM

for me, i have a profit goal or risk tolerance, when the price is at that point, i decide to buy and sell, but sometime i cant do that and i lost my money or lost my chance to earn money. but i took the lessons

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                 
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀                     

Powered by,
glavos

Activity: 547
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:55:53 PM

Technical analysis does it for me. TA gives you entry and exit points, of course it wont give you the exact position to enter and exit but it guides you to it.
Gustafio

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:57:32 PM

Before I sell, I do glance at some of the news to check whether there are forks ahead. If it does affect pricing within the first few hours of it's implementation I would sell my BTC an convert in to fiat currency. Then if the pricing starts climbing again, I'll buy in some BTC and hodl until the pricing reach a stable zone. Thus, generating some profit with that being said, some of the profit might or can be invested in altcoin for future usage and investments. Key points: check for the latest news, check price chart often, and hodl.
Aryancesarr

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:05:38 PM

The best way to know when you need to sell - to set up a fixed profit percent. When you reach that fixed point - fix your profit.
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:15:57 PM

for me, i have a profit goal or risk tolerance, when the price is at that point, i decide to buy and sell, but sometime i cant do that and i lost my money or lost my chance to earn money. but i took the lessons

In crypto currencies iys values go up in even day so we need sell we have a target value , once it reaches your target you will ready to sell your currencies and it will nof reach your target value you should wait for somedays definitely it wull achieve your target , this is my way of sslling bitcoin and other currencies .

Jake Virus

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:57:36 PM

Technical analysis does it for me. TA gives you entry and exit points, of course it wont give you the exact position to enter and exit but it guides you to it.
Well i just decided to sell when the price of my coin is we will be very high so in that way i can sure that i we will earn a lot of money, and i decided to sell when i totally satisfy with the value of my coin and lastly i decided to sell when i want to buy another coin that has also a great future.

Mahanton

Activity: 2716
Merit: 632

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:10:30 AM

Well i just decided to sell when the price of my coin is we will be very high so in that way i can sure that i we will earn a lot of money, and i decided to sell when i totally satisfy with the value of my coin and lastly i decided to sell when i want to buy another coin that has also a great future.
Satisfaction would always be the key when it comes to profit taking specially for us day traders. Even on small or reasonable percentage profits we can really decide to take it out and buyback again when price tends to go down again. This way might simple to hear out but would really be hard to execute. Emotions and skills will vary on here and its always being part of the life of a trader.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Shanmatthew

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:26:14 AM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?

In this case.my strategy is monitor the coin that I bid every 2hours or 3hours.and sell it at least 15% to 25% profit in return on my investment,and that is depend the chart flow.but sometimes,I'm selling it my profits at a higher price if the volume of btc is up so fast every minute.you need to monitor the chart but also the volume of btc if they fast moving or not,if not.sell it to small profit then find another coins that gives fast return.
olia10

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:58:18 AM

Sell when you want! Everyone decides for himself. The trader should try to conclude only profitable transactions, avoiding losses, not being greedy and allocating no more than 5% of the total trade deposit for the transaction.

pelipurlara

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:20:17 AM

For me as long as i gain profitt already i will sell it right away then buy again when dump i dont want to stress myself too much on trading..  But the ones i know have big potential coins ill keep it for a while then trade when hit high price in market..

If needed, I only sell my bitcoin when I have a number of good benefits. I am not looking for panic because it will only result in huge losses. The problem is I myself do not think of selling bitcoin as some good idea. The way that bitcoin market prices are increasing every day is proof of this that holding can help you in making more money.
RoftheN

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:51:43 AM

When every single person starts recommending to buy a coin I mostly try to find my exit point from there on. Cause once you see FOMO in the market its usually the top and is created by whales to dump their coins. Also you need to keep a watch on the order book and look for big sell walls and how easily they are being broken. If there is resistance means it wont be easy to surpass that price point.
666#666

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:36:35 AM

If necessary, I just offer my bitcoin when I have various great advantages. I am not searching for freeze since it will just outcome in immense misfortunes. The issue is I myself don't consider offering bitcoin as some smart thought. The way that bitcoin showcase costs are expanding each day is confirmation of this that holding can help you in profiting.
mstfprcn

Activity: 700
Merit: 553

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:28:39 AM

We should learn how to buy first. Then we will know how to sell them in the market. Research also the coins that you are buying if it has a potential to grow. Follow the news in crypto and learn from others. Also learn from your own experience. That's the way of  trading.
Bittrac67all

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:07:34 AM

When you understand that the project is not very popular and the price is more then in ico or equal so in this case i always sell everything
toxic0n

Activity: 413

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:09:25 AM

If necessary, I simply supply my bitcoin after I have numerous nice benefits. i'm not sorting out freeze since it'll simply outcome in huge misfortunes. the problem is i personally do not contemplate giving bitcoin as some good thought. The method that bitcoin showcase prices square measure increasing day after day is confirmation of this that holding will assist you in profiting.
Nyeyzel

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:40:49 AM

For me, it depends on the holder reason for selling.. even it is high or low if the people need money they will sell it with no doubt at all.  But in normal people, my advice is set goals and targets prices or each sell. Learn to read charts and also check the circulation on the market if it is good to sell. Read news know what is happening. Go for good.
intoy_victor

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:32:31 AM

Will for me it's depend if I see that it is enough value for me I sell it right away. If you bought at the price of bitcoin will crashed into $7k -8k I'll sell it when it is enough price for me I sell it example whem it reaches $15k or keep it holding.
Vanshenz

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:49:27 AM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?
I sell the bitcoin I have when the price reaches the target I want, I will not regret it if the price is better than my target, because I know that this is a risk that I will face.
Then I will wait for the bitcoin price to go down to buy it again, and will set up another target price when I sell.
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:53:28 AM

When you are comfortable with your profit or better still, when you have decided from  get go the target  price for your exit from a particular trade, that when you should sell. However, there are market conditions that could make you sell earlier or later than planned.
zapata

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:43:57 AM

I sell when I have already made some good profits as holding altcoin longer can be risky as you never know when price can crash so its better not to get greedy and be satisfied with the profits that you have made as you can buy it when price goes low in future but I don't have any plan to sell my bitcoins right now
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: