Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:49:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Marketplace trust  (Read 82941 times)
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 08:23:12 PM

Note the 21 million BTC risked ratings sent and received by CrazyRabbi. Anyone leaving those should be banned or their trust ratings deleted at least, as long as that many BTC don't yet exist.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:40:03 PM

Note the 21 million BTC risked ratings sent and received by CrazyRabbi. Anyone leaving those should be banned or their trust ratings deleted at least, as long as that many BTC don't yet exist.

They'll just say the trust system isn't moderated probably, but I had one from a user that just wrote LOL on loads of peoples profiles and they all disappeared so I don't know what happened to them.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:50:27 PM

They'll just say the trust system isn't moderated probably, but I had one from a user that just wrote LOL on loads of peoples profiles and they all disappeared so I don't know what happened to them.

The trust ghost removed them of course DUH LMAO
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:07:26 AM

Well, I'd note that it's possible to risk or steal more capital than exists in BTC, but CrazyRabbi's ratings certainly don't seem to be legitimate anyhow.
BlueMonkey

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Need any help ? Just PM me

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:45:16 AM

The trust system needs some serious looking at, an eBay style feedback policy would be ideal where untrue feedbacks can be removed. You should get a +1 for every good feedback score you get.

The trust system is not moderated which is a better way than having staff getting overwhelmed with the amount of requests they would have for removing false feedback. Also, the reason why staff don't get involved is because how are they suppose to know that the feedback was false? It would cause a lot of problems.

Going on to the second idea involving the "+1 for every good feedback score you get" comment. This could be very easily abused with sock puppets. There's a reason why we have untrusted feedback and trusted feedback.

Yeah I suppose it would have good points and bad points, perhaps only being allowed to leave trust if you have actually done business with someone may be a good solution.
This is forum, not a marketplace such as localbitcoins so that not an easy thing to do
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:24:00 AM

Theymos,

Can you remove TradeFortress from default trust?

Just last week someone was asking me about why I have a negative trust rating.  I said it was from TradeFortress as to my knowledge he's the only one who had any beef with me (and I never even traded with him FWIW).

Anyway, after the whole input.io and coinlenders scandal, I'm sorta thinking he shouldn't be on the default trust list.

Anyhelp?
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:37:08 AM

Theymos,

Just last week someone was asking me about why I have a negative trust rating.  I said it was from TradeFortress as to my knowledge he's the only one who had any beef with me (and I never even traded with him FWIW).

Anyway, after the whole input.io and coinlenders scandal, I'm sorta thinking he shouldn't be on the default trust list.

Anyhelp?

Tradefortress isn't on the default trust list. He was removed shortly after the Inputs.io thing
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:45:44 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 06:02:03 AM by freedomno1

Theymos,

Just last week someone was asking me about why I have a negative trust rating.  I said it was from TradeFortress as to my knowledge he's the only one who had any beef with me (and I never even traded with him FWIW).

Anyhelp?

Tradefortress isn't on the default trust list. He was removed shortly after the Inputs.io thing

I haven't changed my settings still see him in default trust theymos trust list
@Tspace Tysat also gave you one and his have weight

No other user gave him a rating
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=119243

Edit (Weird shows up and doesn't show up)

Figured it Out

If Theymos IS your default trust then you see tradefortresses posts
IF Defaulttrust is the trust setting you use then you don't see it

Did the forum switch from Theymos to defaulttrust don't recall changing my settings

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:28:10 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 07:55:57 PM by Maged

I think we really just need to give it some time to see how it plays out.  Per what theymos has said part of it is based off of age of feedback, so we won't really know for a few months.  Plus if it is bad it can always be changed/removed.

It was implemented in May 2013... I think it's had time to play out already  Tongue
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:50:17 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 07:56:06 PM by Maged

I think we really just need to give it some time to see how it plays out.  Per what theymos has said part of it is based off of age of feedback, so we won't really know for a few months.  Plus if it is bad it can always be changed/removed.

It was implemented in May 2013... I think it's had time to play out already  Tongue

It sure is a mean system to newbies who have something to prove
Or Goats and or GMaxwells who don't really trade or escrow even though its supposed to be Marketplace Trust ^^

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
SlidingHorn

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:05:15 PM

Can we please get some sort of reasoning behind there not being Trust displayed in the Newbie forums?  This is one place that needs that system the most.

I know I've posted about it more than once, and no one will give a good explanation.

Thanks.

SlidingHorn

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:27:49 PM

Can we please get some sort of reasoning behind there not being Trust displayed in the Newbie forums?  This is one place that needs that system the most.

I know I've posted about it more than once, and no one will give a good explanation.

Thanks.

Still have this question, but I'm posting because I have another one:

Is it possible to remove a single user from your trust circle?  There's one that's added through someone I *do* trust, whose input I simply don't take seriously, and I'd rather not see them under "Trusted" feedback.  Nothing personal against the user, I just don't find their ratings to be reliable.

(e.g.  Can I list them as -username instead on the Trust Settings page?)

nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:39:59 PM

Can we please get some sort of reasoning behind there not being Trust displayed in the Newbie forums?  This is one place that needs that system the most.

Thanks.

Still have this question, but I'm posting because I have another one:

Is it possible to remove a single user from your trust circle?  There's one that's added through someone I *do* trust, whose input I simply don't take seriously, and I'd rather not see them under "Trusted" feedback.  Nothing personal against the user, I just don't find their ratings to be reliable.

(e.g.  Can I list them as -username instead on the Trust Settings page?)

I have been thinking about this too. My trust in their integrity != my trust in their judgement. The same thing happens with bitcoin-otc.
MoneypakTrader.com

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

Never spend your money before you have it.

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:55:25 PM

Theymos,

Anyhelp?

Nice, glad they finally stopped endorsing him.

haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 02:56:19 AM

Most of the time I've been on this forum, there were no trust feedback until now. So it might be very newbish to ask this, but I still don't fully understand how the displayed ratings work. Why do I have a zero for all the displayed rating, but when you view my profile, you can see some confirmed trades?

And if I were to leave negative feedback to a scammer, how will I ensure that he won't leave me negative feedback just for retaliation?

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 03:48:33 AM

That is based on the trust ratings from people in your trusted feedback list. If you haven't changed it, it's using the default list. It isn't universal, many different people have different people on their list, so it will be different for everyone.

You might see someone with +20, while I see him as -20 based on whose feedback I value (so I added them to my list). Point I'm trying to make is you can't control how someone else views you.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
MICRO
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1037

CEO @ Stake.com and Primedice.com

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 01:41:26 PM

That is based on the trust ratings from people in your trusted feedback list. If you haven't changed it, it's using the default list. It isn't universal, many different people have different people on their list, so it will be different for everyone.

You might see someone with +20, while I see him as -20 based on whose feedback I value (so I added them to my list). Point I'm trying to make is you can't control how someone else views you.

ahh so we see each player differently ? I did not even know about that trust list , i will need to start editing it. Tnx.

▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀████     ████                  ████
▄████▀            ████    ████▌                 ▐████
█████           ▄████▀   ▐████                  ████▌    ▄▄
█████           ▀▀▀▀    ▄█████████▀            ▐████   ▄███▀
 █████▄           ▄▄███████████▀▀   ▄▄▄▄       ████  ▄███▀
   ▀█████▄▄       ▀████▀████▀     ▄████▀███   ▐███████▀▀        ▄▄▄▄
      ▀███████▄        ▐████    ▄████  ▐██▌   ███████        ▄███▀ ██▌
         ▀▀██████▄▄    ████    ▄███▀   ███   ▐███▌███      ▄███▀  ▄██▌
    ▄▄▄▄     ▀▀█████  ▐████    ████   ▄███   ████ ▐███    ▐████▄▄███▀
  █████▀▀      ▀████▌ ▐████▄▄██████▄▄█████▄▄█████  ▀███   ████
 ████▀          ████▌  ▀████▀▀  ▀████▀  ▀██▀ ███▀   ▀███  ▀████▄▄▄▄██
████▌          █████        ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄▄ ▄ ▄▄ ▀███   ▀▀████▀▀
████▄       ▄▄████▀       ▄█▀   ▀ ▄█▀  ▀█▄ ██▀▀██▀▀██▀███▄▄      ▄▄██
 ██████████████▀▀  ▄███▄  ██▄     ██▄  ▄██ ██  ██  ██   ▀▀█████████▀▀
   ▀██████▀▀▀      ▀███▀   ▀████▀  ▀████▀  ██  ██  ██

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● RAKEBACK & VIP RANKS
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:11:16 AM

The OP talks about how the first number is about how "consistently" the user has received positive feedback.  The second number is the number of scams.  Then the third and fourth numbers are said to increase with positive feedback with the fourth being less vunerable to abuse.  Is there any more detailed explanation about what these numbers mean?  It's not crucial I'm just curious about it.
sed

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:25:49 AM

The OP talks about how the first number is about how "consistently" the user has received positive feedback.  The second number is the number of scams.  Then the third and fourth numbers are said to increase with positive feedback with the fourth being less vunerable to abuse.  Is there any more detailed explanation about what these numbers mean?  It's not crucial I'm just curious about it.

I have the same question.  I read the OP but I'm still confused about how each of the numbers is calculated.  I saw a guy recently with positive trust in the first number and negative in the second number.  The guy who owns butterfly labs apparnatly has -1700 on the first number!! But I didn't see 1700 feedbacks on his account.  So anyway, how do these numbers get calculated?
Mr. Jinx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:59:13 PM

The problem I have with this kind of systems is when you give someone negative feedback, because he/she messed up something, you will always get negative feedback from that person back. So you will hurt yourself.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: