Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 12:21:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will digital currency ever replace paper money?
Yes - 206 (51.6%)
No - 193 (48.4%)
Total Voters: 399

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think digital currency will ever replace paper money?  (Read 11177 times)
brillarinal

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:06:19 AM

Personally, I believe yes. But need to do more research to say for sure. Even old people use cards instead of paper. So why not crypto?
But this will not happen until the infrastructure is developed
Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:45:51 AM

My answer is no. Virtual currencies has limitation and it never used when the absence of internet in one area. Unlike paper money or real money it has no restriction of used. Paper many is accepted of all society, agency, stores, bank and government. Real money is no need an internet you used it even in the remote area. That's why virtual currencies cannot replace paper money.
pjwaffle

Activity: 539
Merit: 100

BIB Exchange

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:31:16 PM

Of course, Digital money will replace cash. It has many advantages such as  no inflation, no waste tree to produce paper, quick transaction and no fee.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
Mystika

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:13:12 PM

For me I don't think that digital money will replace paper money because there a lot of transactions that  paper money should be used. Specially those who are in the middle and low class family in the society who are not familiarize with the use of technology so they will still rely on using  paper money.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM ┃ TWITTER ┃ INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Dark Sky

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:24:07 PM

For me I don't think that digital money will replace paper money because there a lot of transactions that  paper money should be used. Specially those who are in the middle and low class family in the society who are not familiarize with the use of technology so they will still rely on using  paper money.
yes, but I think if bitcoin provide all facilities for all countries and for those people who are never understand about bitcoin and no knowledge about this forum and uses of bitcoin so it is possible the bitcoin or other digital currency will ever replace paper money.

Kersh768

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

Freshdice.com

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:24:36 PM

Personally I say yes as our society becomes increasingly dependent upon technology, digital currency will become a more popular means of paying for different things and it is more effective and instant. I haven't used much physical money in the past 8 years and I rarely had any problems with that.

What do you guys think? Wink
It's a no-no for me. Cash or regular currency has a huge role for a long perios of time and to most of the countries and people. even if it is considered as the new trend, cash is still different and still has advantages such as having a much stable market value compared to bitcoin and for being legal to most of the countries. But surely, Cryptocurrency would be more dominant to be used in the future but it is just that Bitcoin won't replace cash as the currency in most of the countries.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
J Gambler

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:40:02 PM

Personally I say yes as our society becomes increasingly dependent upon technology, digital currency will become a more popular means of paying for different things and it is more effective and instant. I haven't used much physical money in the past 8 years and I rarely had any problems with that.

JUSt like gold the most important value and aspect of physical money is that it can be ytouched and seen and its value is applicable to now. And most importantly there is somethinng about having your possessions that you can see and touch that makes you feel secure.

Y U MAD AT ME
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:46:05 PM

Well we are heading that way no matter what. So if there will be a digital currency or another type of currency I would say yes, fiat will be replaced in the future , no matter what because the blockchain tech is proving that the old era of money is kinda ending and the new one is just at the beggining.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
tikaka

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:47:57 PM

I think this is impossible. It is hard to make digital money substitute for paper money. Each country needs its own currency and paper money suitable for small business transactions

Lumen111

Activity: 504
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:04:02 PM

Information Age->Digital Money!!!
patimahsunda

Activity: 323

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:09:31 PM

the more advanced technology then the digital money is also getting better. but in my opinion paper money will not be changed only its use is decreasing. they prefer something practical and easy.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:09:58 PM

Bitcoins rise to the ranks of monetary systems are inevitable. We live in an age where digital technology is almost a part of our daily lives. I wouldn't be surprised when I can buy myself a bundle of dog food with my bitcoins. Change is vital for the survival of the many, therefore bitcoins will be that change. Although I too haven't seen any problems with paper money, but having bitcoins around will surely help in the innovation and ease of payments and transactions.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Mei1418

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:38:59 PM

as the times progress and the more rapid technological advancement around the world, the greatest possibility in the future will be the digital money that will replace the banknotes and the metal, judging by the efficiency of digital money is much more practical than paper money, because when we bring the money paper in our wallet or pocket, the risk is very much from loss, forgot to bring it and others, but if in comparison with digital money we do not need to bring it all and do not have to worry about the risk of loss, we just bring the phone wherever we go, then it will be very easy and efficient to make any payment
rayneh

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

MatrixCoin - Creating Bright Future Together

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:35:58 PM

Bitcoins rise to the ranks of monetary systems are inevitable. We live in an age where digital technology is almost a part of our daily lives. I wouldn't be surprised when I can buy myself a bundle of dog food with my bitcoins. Change is vital for the survival of the many, therefore bitcoins will be that change. Although I too haven't seen any problems with paper money, but having bitcoins around will surely help in the innovation and ease of payments and transactions.
Presently a days people are trusting more in computerized cash particularly the bitcoins in light of the fact that the bitcoins is the most secure approach to procure cash in slightest time and in the sheltered way that is the reason individuals are currently trusting Bitcoins at that point money that is the reason the day will come when the bitcoins will supplanted by the paper cash then the idea of paper cash will be vanished Bitcoins are presently utilized generally on the grounds that bitcoins are more protected than the pepper cash.

██████████              █████           
████████████          ███████         
███        █████          ███████         
███        █████          ███████         
████        ██████      █████████       
██████            ██████████      █████████       
█████            ██████            ████        ██      █████████       
█████            ██████            ████        ███  ███████████     
█████            ██████            ████        ███  ███████████     
███                                      █████████████████  ███████████     
███    ███    █████              ██████████  ████████████  █████████   
███    █████              ██████████  ████████████  █████████   
█████              ██████████  ████████████  █████████   
██████            ███      ███████████      ██████████ 
██████            ██          █████████          ██████████
██████████          █████████          ██████████
██████████          █████████          ██████████

██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██

██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██

➤  TWITTER
➤  FACEBOOK
➤  INSTAGRAM
Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:47:51 PM

Yes, digital currency will replace paper money in future. But, paper money also need for many sectors. Now a day, we see people used the ATM,Master card etc.That is the part of digital process. So digital currency will help the people and faster our life every corner of the world.
I don't believe it would be happen at all because considering that some countries have less fortunate that can't provide equipment necessarily for this to run bitcoin. Anyway, having this both aren't give any contradiction. As long as it would be accepted in any place or establishments, then there is nothing to worry about.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:45:42 AM

Yes I think it's obviously possible that digital currency will take the place of paper money.Because now a days peoples are much dependent on digital currency more than cash. For example Unites States, Netherland,Denmark  and so on.
So i think here's a great possibility that digital currency will ever replace paper money.

Replace as the main currency, probably. But to say that it will wipe fiat's existence is folly. You've mentioned here developed countries that can have easy access to technology that will support a paperless system. But the third world and poorer countries, i doubt that its going to work there
Yes its possible and it’s easy for bitcoin to replace paper money as we know that bitcoin has already replace other crypto and the reason behind this is that bitcoin have now a very strong position in market with high price and bitcoin provide a lot of good opportunity to the people so bitcoin have a power to replace paper money.
Tobias-CrowdDrive

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:39:36 AM

I think it will. Maybe not Bitcoin will be the main currency but probably USD on a blockchain. More and more people beginn to use debit cards, credit cards and mobile payment solutions like Apple Pay. People are lazy and it is comfortable to pay with your phone.
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:50:26 AM

I will say a big yes to that though it is going to be diffcult especially in less developed countries. Digital currency is easier to use and more acceptable in developed countries than those that are under-developed. It will take lots of time and patience to educate people and make digital currency now in such countries. you will agree with me that despite the spread of digital currency so far there are millions of people who still haven't heard it not to talk of using it.

In conclusion digital currency will replace paper money in the near future but will come with much difficulty.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:46:05 AM

Although some countries, such as Sweden and Denmark have headed for a full replacement in a few years of ordinary money by crypto currency, I do not think that they will succeed in full. I believe that in an imperfect technologically society there will always be cases when it will be necessary to have ordinary money and pay it by them. Otherwise, we will have to switch to barter again.
Emily_Green

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:58:00 AM

I'm 100 percent sure that digital money will replace paper money sooner or later. Our world is developing and new technologies aren't standing in one place and paper money should also continue to change according to the time requirements. As for me, it will lead to the fact that people over time will replace paper money on digital.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: