Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:19:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will digital currency ever replace paper money?
Yes - 206 (51.6%)
No - 193 (48.4%)
Total Voters: 399

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think digital currency will ever replace paper money?  (Read 11180 times)
KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:41:00 PM

very unlikely, paper money has been recognized by the state while Bitcoin has not been acknowledged by all countries so I think the paper currency will not be replaced.
I think paper money cannot be replaced by bitcoin because paper money is one of the identities of one country. It signifies a true country that has its own government that's why they implemented to have their own identity. And so if it happen that bitcoin  would become or replace paper money then I think bitcoin will find it difficult.
heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:47:48 PM

very unlikely, paper money has been recognized by the state while Bitcoin has not been acknowledged by all countries so I think the paper currency will not be replaced.
I think paper money cannot be replaced by bitcoin because paper money is one of the identities of one country. It signifies a true country that has its own government that's why they implemented to have their own identity. And so if it happen that bitcoin  would become or replace paper money then I think bitcoin will find it difficult.

I suppose that question was about replacement of paper currency for digital ones. Every country has its digital and paper money. Probably in 50 years digital currency will replace paper ones for the same currency (for ex., US dollars will be in cards or other digital tools only).

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Bitcoinnumberone

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:42:37 PM

Personally I say yes as our society becomes increasingly dependent upon technology, digital currency will become a more popular means of paying for different things and it is more effective and instant. I haven't used much physical money in the past 8 years and I rarely had any problems with that.

What do you guys think? Wink
In my opinion, I say no, it should not replace our money because digital cryptocurrencies like bitcoin is heavy reliant on technology, as the name states,"digital".It circulates through the use of technology specifically the internet.If digital cryptocurrency will replace our real money,  what will happen to those who do not rely in our modern technology like computers or who does not use internet?  they can not use it and for those who live in place where internet is out of reach,they will not be able to use and spend it unlike the paper money.  Digital cryptocurrency is intangible and it is not applicable in everyday life for example buying things from the market, or from the store that needs immediate transaction between you and the seller.
MD Milon

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:51:54 AM

I think its happen ,but after long time.,because day by day  online banking,mobile banking,payment  system technology become popular and increase.
Andreas888

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:58:16 PM

Personally, I don't think digital currencies will not replace paper money, as paper money is more convenient, widely accepted even small vendors and cyber attack free.
KevinHD

Activity: 232
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:14:10 PM

For me its a yes. Because of the unstoppable growth of technology and its innovation, and as we all dpeneds on our mobile phones and etc. From e-loading, to coins wallets online, tehere's no impossibility that soon enough those paper moneys will turn out onto digital currency.
tunabelly

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:15:49 PM

YES! soon it will, and i wanna see that happening..
bitcoin will be our primary currency in the near future .
Rongellyne

Activity: 148

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:07:19 PM

The digital currency has already almost replaced paper money. Now the future behind crypto-currencies
shacc

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:10:40 PM

its is difficult to replace paper money, it still an obligation necessary for the use of paper
Coral27

Activity: 184

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:14:43 PM

I don't figure it will supplant paper cash in nation where cash is steady (we will dependably have US dollars). Be that as it may, since more individuals are associated now and in a not so distant future everybody can approach a telephone and web, some poor nation may choose it is best for them to supplant their fiat cash by digital currencies.
Yes I think it's possible for bitcoin because as we know that bitcoin have replace other crypto from market so there is no doubt that bitcoin can also replace paper money as well and the plus point for bitcoin is that’s its price is high than any other currency and I’m sure that in future bitcoin will be more strong with high price.
Beefcake

Activity: 279
Merit: 132

Beefcake!!!

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:03:18 PM

i don't think it will replace paper money.  If this sort of thing ever happens, and it might some day, usd will become digital but will still be usd.  I don't ever see the governments giving up their currencies, ever.  I can however see cryptos becoming more and more common, like paypal.  But paypal didn't replace banks and credit cards.  In fact it relies on them.
Images21

Activity: 567

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:09:38 PM

Personally I say yes as our society becomes increasingly dependent upon technology, digital currency will become a more popular means of paying for different things and it is more effective and instant. I haven't used much physical money in the past 8 years and I rarely had any problems with that.

You are probably right. We are on the direction of getting paperless and then digital in terms of our currencies. I assume you are coming from a much developed country that is why you can easily proceed with your day to day living without being highly dependent on cash. For as long as the country is complete with all the necessary advanced technology, a digital and cashless transactions will be fully developed. As for me, there is still a very long way to go because I am living in a underdeveloped country.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
ZENC

Activity: 336
Merit: 154

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:15:19 PM

Yes, I strongly believe that digital currency will replace paper money. If many countries or people start to know about bitcoin and accept it, banks will go bankrupt. Bitcoin can be a money to replace the  paper money.
RougeonMining

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:30:43 PM

I thing it will do one day, but I believe there will still be some kinf of paper money or something material to be exchanged , other than gold .
chicobr

Activity: 235

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:36:02 PM

I think in next 50 years at least Cryptocurrency will replace paper money. That is the younger century, therefore all of people can use the Internet.
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:59:51 PM

i don't think it will replace paper money.  If this sort of thing ever happens, and it might some day, usd will become digital but will still be usd.  I don't ever see the governments giving up their currencies, ever.  I can however see cryptos becoming more and more common, like paypal.  But paypal didn't replace banks and credit cards.  In fact it relies on them.
to me i think it can replace paper money but in fact it will take a long long time. because still most of the people are using fiat currency and they even do not know about bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
babarian

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:57:07 AM

I think the digital currency will not replace the paper currency because the digital currency has some problems that make it difficult to replace conventional currency.
For example, digital currency has no underlying and not centralized. In addition, digital currencies do not have a deposit and credit mechanism like a conventional currency.
In general, digital currencies that currently exist as alternative currencies,
such as gold and diamonds, paper money, stocks, commodities whose value is a general consensus of acceptance and public trust.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:03:28 AM

yes it is possible, but only if all country in the world accept cryptocurrencies, we all know that not all countries are using internet, there are still countries who do not have access on digital or internet-based platform to trade with, as well as if it will be legalized in that country, it is too much early to tell that it will replace paper money, maybe not today, paper money and bitcoin will have to co-exist.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
gundala

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:49:39 AM

the possibility is always there, but it takes a very long time. after all direct transaction using fiat is still very effective if not available credit card port and internet network.

sheldonnnn

Activity: 420
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:16:27 PM

I do not think that digital currency will be able to replace ordinary paper money in the future. Of course, paper money will be used less and less. But they will not disappear completely.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: