Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:52:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will digital currency ever replace paper money?
Yes - 206 (51.6%)
No - 193 (48.4%)
Total Voters: 399

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think digital currency will ever replace paper money?  (Read 11175 times)
Zastria

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:18:16 PM

I think with the rise in bitcoin prices that are now stepping on $ 13000, bitcoin is getting popular and many people know what cryptocurrency is. I agree with your opinion, but I use bitcoin for investment and trade it with conventional money, to get many benefits
Rose119

Activity: 502

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:29:23 PM

so a lot of the countries have only paper money, they do not have this technology of blockchain
i think this can happen in 10 years

This will gonna happen to those country that have an internet who can connect immediately , in my country some of the store accept bitcoin so i guess this is a start to replace paper money.
John Langut

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:47:08 PM

If by paper money you mean money that has a variable supply and by digital currency you mean a currency that has a fixed supply, then no. Because governments and central banks can influence the economy by changing the money supply. Without that influence the ship has no captain, so to speak.   
tahady

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:59:05 PM

I think, digital currency will replace the paper money in the future. But today it can't happen because the government own paper money and against bitcoin.
ModGirl

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:38:39 PM

I will say yes it will, we are moving forward, our technologies are evolving maybe in near future our present currencies paper and coin will take over by cryptocurrency. I think its part of evolution system at past people only uses trading goods then they used paper money and coins for much easier transaction same as today. Someday cryptocurrency will be the official currency all over the world as long as there is internet this currency will keep moving. It has huge potential because a lot of people used technology, for example, their phone they used it to pay their bills and I think its very comfortable to use.
We definitely have to agree as In future there will be no paper money. The digital currency replaced all paper money. In paper money there is use of paper which gains extra cost. The money has low level of security. There is always involvement of third party which is not so good. The crypto currency is independent by its nature. No other party or person involve in the transaction.
Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:48:30 PM

I will say yes it will, we are moving forward, our technologies are evolving maybe in near future our present currencies paper and coin will take over by cryptocurrency. I think its part of evolution system at past people only uses trading goods then they used paper money and coins for much easier transaction same as today. Someday cryptocurrency will be the official currency all over the world as long as there is internet this currency will keep moving. It has huge potential because a lot of people used technology, for example, their phone they used it to pay their bills and I think its very comfortable to use.
We definitely have to agree as In future there will be no paper money. The digital currency replaced all paper money. In paper money there is use of paper which gains extra cost. The money has low level of security. There is always involvement of third party which is not so good. The crypto currency is independent by its nature. No other party or person involve in the transaction.
That is true if you create a transaction without the third person or service as escrow in cryptocurrency, but if you do that, you are take high risk for transaction with stranger. And beside that, you are still need to using exchanger to sell your crypto to FIAT, it means you need to trusted the exchanger.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:16:52 PM

How can you explain the unstoppable high fees of cryptocurrency? And the low process of transactions? If lightning network would fix this all then i would believe that digital currency might replace the paper money in the future. As for now it is so vague to tell that it might replace the paper money, if someone could really make a change all of this then my question is who and when.

posoa

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:29:36 PM

Yes it is possible for digital currency to replace paper money in future to come. This is when many  all over the world would have come to lime light to realize the benefits in bitcoin. The first that will embrace it  are the more advance countries, then it will then follow gradually till it gets to the third world countries.It has to be a gradual process as in in the third world countries many are becoming more and more  enlightened. If the poor can operate a phone now due to Technological advancement, For sure operating and using Bitcoin will not be a problem.
a_skv

Activity: 476
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:14:14 AM

I think that yes, sooner or later it will happen. Already almost every person on earth are using credit/debit cards, i think this is are the first steps to switching to a digital currency
tree1100hn

Activity: 229

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:24:13 AM

Digital currency may not necessarily replace legal currency, but a lot of wealth will be transferred to the digital currency, this is true, because the currency every year, inflation, digital currency will not. Vaguely expensive, digital currency is as valuable as gold. I'm still optimistic about the future of digital currency.
snipetr

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:37:05 AM

In my opinion No, because digital currency is not usefull in all transactions and also it is impossible to connect people's from small villages with digital currency.
Yes I agree with that digital currency replacing money in most of the fields, but it is not possible to replace all things with cryptocurrency.
Also there is risk of securities with digital currency and is totally dependent on internet.
It is always better to keep your money in different forms rather than in one digital form.
reck1ess

Activity: 350
Merit: 30

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:41:32 AM

It is possible but paper money will still be remain specially to those place without connection to the internet. So therefore it will not be completely replace, it is just that in the future, more people will be using digital currency.

snackman

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

snack of all trades

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 02:47:19 AM

Yes, In my personal opinion. cryptocurrency definetely replace paper money if the Internet can cover all around the world. And the second, Crypto has to solve all problem about the speed, the block size, the fee and the legality.

chichiah

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:07:06 AM

It's not possible that the paper money will replace by the digital currency, because of the high technology now it will be possible.
xuho95

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:08:08 AM

If you noticed in many countries people are using debit card to pay . I think it will increase in future all over the world . paper money is now using less in big cities . because all over the world it is digital time is going on . so you can say digital currency will take place of paper currency.
jancukiyah

Activity: 137

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:15:42 AM

Maybe in some country there's will be like that, but any country need the more time to replaced paper money with digital currency. In the minimart example, we can pay with debit card or credit card. But in the traditional market, we can't pay it wit debit card or credit card, we need paper money to pay it.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱  MAY 1st   [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████    FACEBOOK       TWITTER       LINKEDIN       MEDIUM       TELEGRAM    ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄
JWKY

Activity: 602
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:30:30 AM

I don't think so. Paper money still need specially area no internet and blackout time.

But Crypto can be an important digital currency some day in future

●⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬ Bitcoin RM(First smart fork of Bitcoin,100% Proof-of-Work) ▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫●
▬ ● ▬   Bitcoin RM is NOW LIVE, Pool mining, ECI apply now HERE   ▬ ● ▬
●⚫ ▬▬▬ Website | ANN | Discord | GitHub | Reddit | Youtube | Medium | Facebook | Twitter | Pool ▬▬▬ ⚫●
quocsi

Activity: 360

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:43:42 AM

I agree that in the future, we can use currency to replace paper money. In the technological development era, I think paying by paper money is not safe because it can be fake. .ta can use the card that contains the digital currency for payment

jlomabao@gmail.com

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:57:44 AM

Personally I say yes as our society becomes increasingly dependent upon technology, digital currency will become a more popular means of paying for different things and it is more effective and instant. I haven't used much physical money in the past 8 years and I rarely had any problems with that.

What do you guys think? Wink

yes, but this is a topic that's not gonna happen in our generation.
deepika the crypto girl

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:40:52 AM

We used gold for trading, then cash comes in picture, then net banking credit card/debit card /wallets. Now it’s bitcoin time. Change is the natural phenomenon, In next 10 years we would see something else. Nothing is impossible
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: