Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:08:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will digital currency ever replace paper money?
Yes - 206 (51.6%)
No - 193 (48.4%)
Total Voters: 399

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think digital currency will ever replace paper money?  (Read 11175 times)
luka red

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:04:41 AM

yes.bitcoin will replace paper money.
paper money replace gold,debit card repalce paper money(for some sector).and bitcoin will replace it.in my country I pay my bills using my smartphone. and day by dat it is increasing. when time comes it will be replaced by cryptocurrency.
joanshu

Activity: 130

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:47:02 AM

I don't think that digital currency can replace paper money because there is no digital currency created for the entire population and it may not be practical in all sectors of life as it may highly affect the street vendors.In case if the world is going digital then maybe digital currency will replace paper money.But it might take time .
sarfwr

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:01:07 AM

That's not very likely. Crypto instead of paper money? The probability seems a little low, and if we lose the Internet or the signal, then the encrypted currency in our hands will be worthless.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
codpku

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:04:23 AM

I think maybe yes someday
It same like a movie i forget the title
That we have to give our time to get food, gas, or pay the bus

sparveenat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:16:53 AM

Everybody wish to replace paper money with digital currency which is not possible also impossible too. To access digital currency we need technology with internet which is not possible to own by every single person in this world to achieve this we need to be first fix the practical issues then only even think about it. We can expect maximum amount of paper money will be reduced its usage due to the digital currency.

JoseJoseJose

Activity: 138
Merit: 4

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:52:24 AM

Yes, technology was improving every single minute. And because of a huge opportunity that technology offer to us, it is possible that online currency will replace paper money in the future. It is because app developers of money related app offer rebates that can bait people to use it.
cx_primo

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:01:49 AM

Not yet this days but maybe after morethan 15yrs we will live in cashless world. But until 2020 ithink its not because of the people living in history.
Xeon201

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:11:05 AM

I don't think so! not all people knows very much how to use technology, I think this is more dangerous for the people than the paper money. It is very much easy to stole money in digital than in paper money. We should also think the other consequences, to process a digital money we need internet, we need current, what if we are in the market and the electricity goes out and also the internet, and we need to pay the seller, are we going to wait till the internet goes back?. It has really 0 chance, I don't think it would happen, we are using digital on some transaction but little percent.
heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:39:22 AM

May be you noticed that we almost do not use cash money at present. Usually we use debet cards to pay in shops and etc. We already use digital currency everywhere:)

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
siti25

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:51:28 AM

Side by side? Yes, replace? No. I do not think the digital currency will replace the original money, but I think the digital currency will be there, together with the original currency. So there will be two legitimate payments, with digital currency and the original currency. Although it still takes a long time for it to happen all over the world.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄███████▀▀███████▄▄
     ▄██████▀▀      ▀▀██████▄
   ▄████▀▀              ▀▀████▄
  ████        ▄▄███▄▄       ████
 ▐████      ▄█████████▄     ████▌
 █████     ████▀   ▀▀█▀     █████
 █████    ▐███              █████
 █████    ▐███▄      ▄      █████
 █████     ▀████▄▄▄████     █████
 ▐████       ▀███████▀      ████▌
  ▀███▄▄        ▀▀▀       ▄▄███▀
    ▀█████▄▄          ▄▄█████▀
      ▀███████▄▄  ▄▄███████▀
         ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀

████
                       ▄▀██
                     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄▄▄
                   ▄█▀    ███████
                 ▄█▀      ███████
               ▄█▀        ███████
     ▀█▄▄    ▄█▀  ▄█████▄ ███████
        ▀▀█▄█▀    ███████ ███████
  ▄█████▄         ███████ ███████
  ███████ ▄█████▄ ███████ ███████
  ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:36:55 PM

Due to the development of technology nowadays, it is not impossible that paper money will soon be replaced by digital currency. As people always seek easier ways to do something to save time and energy, there will always be a chance to this kind of replacement. These days, more and more people are doing transactions through mobile payment. Not only because it is easier but also faster. But,  there are still old-fashioned people who preferred paper money over any kind of digital currency. So this replacement may take time to happen.
The technology is not the problem, the problem is the accessibility to that technology, the middle class will have no problem getting rid of cash but what about those that are poor, they do not have the money to afford a mobile phone and use bitcoin or paypal.
Therefore I do not think bitcoin will ever replace paper money at any time because paper money has a physical form that makes it easy for everyone to use it as a transaction tool while bitcoin is a digital currency that has no physical but bitcoin is only more practical than paper money which takes up much space to store it.
Yeah, besides I do not know why people in the forum want to get rid of paper money, paper money gives you anonymity when buying with fiat and that is why governments want to make cash disappear, but even if that is what they want, they understand that it is impossible since people are too used to use cash.
Viscera

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:52:15 PM

Yes its very possible that in the future we can use digital currency as commodity and for assets, say goodbye to our fiat money. when all countries will regulate cryptos then we're very happy to make a millions of dollars
chromosomes

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:11:32 PM

For me, digital currencies will never replace paper currencies. Our local currencies have been the foundation of every country and I think if it will be removed, how then will a country determine its own progress in its industry? Because of paper currencies, digital currencies have value to us.

center]DRIFE      Pre-sale: December 2018
████ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ████
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●●  [/center]
Falgorn

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:19:30 PM

The digital currency can significantly squeeze the usual currency out of circulation, but it is unlikely to replace it completely. For such a replacement, it is necessary for society to be technically and technologically highly developed. That citizens have a corresponding high standard of living. However, in any case, there are citizens who do not want to use crypto currency and will defend their right to use paper money, the use of which guarantees every state throughout the country.
Shaibana

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:20:27 PM

Personally I say yes as our society becomes increasingly dependent upon technology, digital currency will become a more popular means of paying for different things and it is more effective and instant. I haven't used much physical money in the past 8 years and I rarely had any problems with that.

What do you guys think? Wink

Paper money will be replaced when the last human alive dies... fiat was created by the mens who own the world.
romeitaly

Activity: 308
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:23:02 PM

In my opinion, paper currencies can be replaced by digital currencies because nowadays we live in a world that is technology-driven; and almost all things can be used with technology and internet. If the world moves and progress to development, then I think currencies are included with the change in the society and the environment. Sooner or later we will be using money with the use of internet like we are already doing today.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:04:46 PM

For me, digital currencies will never replace paper currencies. Our local currencies have been the foundation of every country and I think if it will be removed, how then will a country determine its own progress in its industry? Because of paper currencies, digital currencies have value to us.
You are mistaken, paper currency only has value because the government says it does, we have seen time and time again what happens when people no longer trust their government, they will begin to use the currency of other countries to try to escape inflation, so nothing will happen if governments can not print currency anymore.
Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:34:00 PM

I'm sure that someday digital currency will replace paper money, slowly but surely because the use of paper money is increasingly limited to small transactions that make paper money rarely used.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

tengek37

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:07:43 PM

many advantages gained by using digital money.
I think in the future cash money will be lost.
the times have changed and the more advanced technology is the reason that makes people move into the digital age.
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:50:39 PM

Paper money would be replaced by digital currency this is inevitable but this process will sure take many decades or a century because paper money has been used for everything and everyone knows how to use them and also that there are still many people would don't know about digital things.People nowadays are preferring online transactions for many things and as technology is advancing soon or later it would be end for paper money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: