Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:14:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will digital currency ever replace paper money?
Yes - 206 (51.6%)
No - 193 (48.4%)
Total Voters: 399

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think digital currency will ever replace paper money?  (Read 11172 times)
ctszdj

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:53:26 PM

Sure. No doubt. It is already starting in some countries.
immunitychilly

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:18:02 AM

In a way digital currency taking over paper money is possible. It could happen gradually but it would also depend on the technological advancement of each country adapting it.
lalunalaguna

Activity: 127
Merit: 43

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:21:00 AM

Personally I say yes as our society becomes increasingly dependent upon technology, digital currency will become a more popular means of paying for different things and it is more effective and instant. I haven't used much physical money in the past 8 years and I rarely had any problems with that.

What do you guys think? Wink
If the cryptocurrency will continue giving benefits and will totally fixed the problems related into it that bring allegations, speculations and even those accusations about their system, there will be a large possibility that people will tend to use cryptocurrencies more than using fiat or paper money and by this happening, we can truly state that it will somehow replace the paper money in terms of being use as a payment and any other things that paper money are used by people.
sudhirratra68

Activity: 89

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:29:07 AM

I don't think so because of the following reasons:

1. Bitcoin is not easy (to understand, create, or to use)

2. Quick (a transaction takes between 10 minutes and 1 hour to complete)

3. A unique cryptocurrency (Dogecoin, Feathercoin, Litecoin, Megacoin, and RonPaulCoin are a few competitors)

4. Secure (as pointed out above);

and

5. Convenient.
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:42:13 AM

Personally I say yes as our society becomes increasingly dependent upon technology, digital currency will become a more popular means of paying for different things and it is more effective and instant. I haven't used much physical money in the past 8 years and I rarely had any problems with that.

If the cryptocurrency will continue giving benefits and will totally fixed the problems related into it that bring allegations, speculations and even those accusations about their system, there will be a large possibility that people will tend to use cryptocurrencies more than using fiat or paper money and by this happening, we can truly state that it will somehow replace the paper money in terms of being use as a payment and any other things that paper money are used by people.

Do you guys think that the issue of poverty will be solved by this digital currencies and all people gonna use it? Do you think that the native tribes from the forest are using laptops and smart phones to use digital currencies? Now tell me how crypto currency will replace paper money?  Grin
parassinghal

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:48:24 AM

I don't think that it will completely replace the paper money but ya it will be used more than paper money in future as everyone is now depending upon the technology.

konfuci

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:59:53 AM

The question is good. I think digital currency and real money should go together. Because they need each other, in the real world we need real money, in the virtual world we need digital currency.
Radnie

Activity: 131

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:58:23 AM

This is what i see in the future. We are now on the digital era were people use digital wallet and digital currency so that bitcoin will definitely replaced fiat money in the future i.e. Kodak is a huge company and using paper to print the photos etc. Now because of the new technology like mobile phones and other gadgets, now printing of photos in a paper is no longer needed or very seldom.

NashAmajh
Copper Member

Activity: 186
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:34:30 AM

Maybe it can.Our world is getting digitalized.And we are already using many digital way to send and receive money  with others such as cryptocurrecy.That's why I think digital currency will replace paper money oneday.But it will take so much time.

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉[MIGRATION  。SIMPLIFIED]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
Yzhel

Activity: 325

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:53:11 AM

Maybe it can.Our world is getting digitalized.And we are already using many digital way to send and receive money  with others such as cryptocurrecy.That's why I think digital currency will replace paper money oneday.But it will take so much time.
I don't think so, although I am very much welcome digital currency in our life and in our system it cannot still replace and will never replace paper money, it is so risky to have a digital currency circulating in the economy since it can really hack by experts, and how about those beggar or those people with low connection and cannot even operate or can't afford to buy cellphone right? 
Thappere78

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:59:28 AM

Digital money now  have 0 change to replace paper money only will replace it as investment.

in future : after 50 years when we use robots more virtual/Digital money will replace paper one.
Christian13

Activity: 227

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:59:56 AM

i think it's possible but not now it takes long time. To use digital currency it need internet, for developed country that may not be a problem but in third world countries are many people who have not got internet facility even has no signal. So digital currency is ready to replace paper money if all people in the world have got internet facility and get to know about digital currency or cryptocurrency.
globalctzn

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:04:47 PM

It is likely to happen in the years ahead but mostly in the developed and technology advanced economies. Many countries in Africa and Asia will still have a very long way before getting to that level due to low penetration and slow adoption of technology.
JanEmil

Activity: 2310
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 12:05:47 PM

No. Cash money will transform into crypto. In my Country/Denmark shops are allow not to accept cash at night.
When all is digital is does not matter what currency you have. As long you can pay easy and secure.

JanEmil

Activity: 2310
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 12:08:18 PM

It is likely to happen in the years ahead but mostly in the developed and technology advanced economies. Many countries in Africa and Asia will still have a very long way before getting to that level due to low penetration and slow adoption of technology.

I think Africa wil have the fastest adoption. They really need it. Advanced economies really don't need crypto.

Luwi

Activity: 123

Personal text: “The Internet of Sovereignty”

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:03:34 PM

Maybe it can. The digital money can be used in cities that have advanced technology. However to change the paper money / original money I think it will be difficult because each country has its own currency type and it's regulated by applicable law. And every person or place is not necessarily good at technology and there are still places left behind in a country.

Gladz29

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:07:16 PM

Not really that digital currency is replace paper money,  because now a days most people are using paper money unlike digital currency. But their are country using digital currency for their convinience.
cryptotaste

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:17:46 PM

Very Hard to Guess it but it can happen. We always love to adjust our-self with technology. Paper money has a problems to carry. But online money very easy to carry. We just have to carry our mobile phone that's it.
TheWinnerBro

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:40:16 PM

Its a difficult question if one sees it, there some who have never used digital money at all, and for them it's a violation of their privacy if they are forced to use it. Then there are those who prefer to use digital cash, one it's easy to carry it and use it, no need to carry the weight of it. I don't think that digital currency can ever end paper money, cause people get paper money far more easily then digital money, also lots of frauds happen due to cards. Personally I prefer to use both and it's difficult to see a world where only one of them exist. Maybe one of them could be less but all together over no.
rocketbits

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:38:14 PM

I think digital currencies can not possibly replace paper money, because not everyone can operate a technology device so if I do not think everyone can use the digital currency
Yes, when it comes to digital money everything is associated with technology and related equipments. So, such things won't be suiting with each and every user. Paper money is something easy used, and digital currencies too can be used by each and every user. All that required is the education for everyone, which is not at all possible.
we have been traditional used paper money too pay what we need and wanted to have for better to think that this cant be replaced for cause we all know that paper money is a very important thing to have for and this is very special.

Ok progress doesn't come in the same pace for all countries. We say that advancement in technology would see fiat being replaced but we have to understand that not all countries can yet afford that technology. The gap between the progress of coutries is too wide to consider going full digital
I have a little different opinion in this matter. This concept of developing countries and developed countries or underdeveloped countries appear as a piece of nonsense crap to me. With internet, the people of so called third world countries are learning Technologies and all sort of advanced stuff.

This is the reason why the CEO of Google is an Indian. The coming generations will be very good at computers and definitely they are going to support digital currencies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: