Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 08:56:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: why do governments don't make BTC illegal worldwide ?  (Read 8101 times)
Yohr87

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:36:50 PM

I think because they think Bitcoin is harmful to their country so that  there is country banned Bitcoin.And because Bitcoin they can't handle it they can't control it and once there's something happen no one can blame for the mistake.But for me Bitcoin is good to the economy of a country.
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:15:51 PM

Because not all State Governments have the same rules for Crypto. There are countries that prohibit and there are also countries that legalize Bitcoin. So the government can not equate the rules for the whole world.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1925

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:01:53 AM

Because bitcoin now is used in a multi billion dollar industry. Banning it will move it to countries that haven't banned it.

A large part of Crypto "value" is being used to further develop its usability.

Currently they can tax it, seize it and sell it and use it to track criminal activity.

Bitcoin has many legit uses and can benefit Governments given the right legislation. It is not in their interest to ban it.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
mohammedhwang

Activity: 93

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:12:30 AM

because fiat money is a tool for they control all thing. But the reason why most aren't banning bitcoin completely is that governments know it'll be impossible.
jops

Activity: 132

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:14:54 AM

I'm wondering this because is such a real threat to bank system and we all know how banks and governments are tightly linked !

BTC could make people more autonomous, self-resilient, being their own bank. You can use it like cash, making your transaction almost untraceable (or untraceable using e.g. monero or dash or laundry systems) : this is governments worst nightmare, isn't it ?

Government don't make BTC illegal worldwide, because in some country government see the good intention of btc for helping people. And because there are a lots of people who use bitcoin a good way not in a illegal way.
Jimrch

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:22:07 AM

Maybe they do not want it to illegalize, and still studying what will be the benefits that it may contribute in our economy in the future. They can regulate it in such a way that all individuals may use it in their daily lives without a touch of corruption.
dvmd lionel

Activity: 73

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:25:02 AM

But those governments can make the revenues from refulating the crypto currency usage.But even if they want to ban cryptos it can be banned or controlled all they can do is stop reading by banning the exchanges.
novak hiel

Activity: 77

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:25:26 AM

I beleive that many governments and banks have changed their attitude towards Bitcoin.If one country ban you will go to the country who accept Bitcoin so you cant control it. That's the reason it wont be illegal anymore.
yansen

Activity: 588
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:07:46 AM

yes, the presence of bitcoin is a threat to governments especially in banks. banks are the third party in using money. save, take, borrow money is through the bank. but bitcoin has no third party. it's straightforward to two people who make requests and offers. so the fee is very small. and is anonymous. so many people move on bitcoin
Incodium Coin
Copper Member

Activity: 141
Merit: 1

API-Based Smart Contract Solution For Exch Hacking

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 05:22:05 AM

Most governments are funding groups and research institutions to study blockchain technology, because beyond coins and tokens this technology has untold potential in other aspects of the society. Like many new things, this is here to stay.

INCODIUM, API-BASED SMART CONTRACT SOLUTION FOR EXCHANGE HACKING.
A risk management protocol that implements fast and accurate compensation functions on behalf of investors who are victims of an exchange hacking incident.

NOW LISTED ON: BITMART Exchange
                         : LaToken Exchange

INCO EVENT ON 7TH NOV. 2018 in Seoul, South Korea.
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:24:52 AM

I'm wondering this because is such a real threat to bank system and we all know how banks and governments are tightly linked !

BTC could make people more autonomous, self-resilient, being their own bank. You can use it like cash, making your transaction almost untraceable (or untraceable using e.g. monero or dash or laundry systems) : this is governments worst nightmare, isn't it ?

I am sorry but its not possible.Since the main reason of hating bitcoins is not paying tax to government and the mostly criminals are involve with bitcoins.Its true bitcoin can give us hug of profit if its become illegal but it will unlock many false activity.Criminals can use it for buying drugs and weapons as you know its transaction is anonymous so for police its become hard to reach criminals
Stormyblue

Activity: 147

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 09:41:28 AM

For some governments who actually could have a prospective view of the world's finances with Bitcoin will not ban it. This is because based on the recent impacts that Bitcoin has made it can really cause a revolution as the years go by. So visionary governments wouldn't ban it but find a trivial way to regulate it and get revenue from it.
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:49:42 AM

Indeed. Bitcoin and other digital currency is a real threat to bank system and government as well all know that the two are tightly linked. And being decentralized makes it hard to regulate, coming to a policy will be also difficult.
As there are countries who are in the opposition against bitcoin and its affiliates, there are also countries whose government allow at a regulated level or completely lets bitcoin ve operated in their country. Commonly these countries are either well-developed or their govent is too busy to take full attention to bitcoin, that's why it freely operates in those countries. Most of the countries who allowed bitcoin use saw huge potential that bitcoin could help their economy but regulated it so it would not be abused by criminal entities.
Kuchiyose

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:06:05 PM

Because not all State Governments have the same rules for Crypto. There are countries that prohibit and there are also countries that legalize Bitcoin. So the government can not equate the rules for the whole world.

Everyone has different rules and ideas in every country and therefore Bitcoin cannot be legitimately certified by all countries.
altcoinanalyst1

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:51:55 PM

I think government don't make it illegal because even if they do people will still use bitcoin. As the main advantage of the bitcoin is anonymity its very hard to detect who is using cryptocurrency. Moreover many countries came to realize the true value of bitcoin and they accept it as its a future assets.
Peter Coresi

Activity: 93

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 02:00:11 PM

Is Bitcoin that much of a threat? Anyway each country has different perspectives it's clear that russia and china are against bitcoin but countries like Switzerland have supported Bitcoin.
MinerFTW

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 02:44:39 PM

I think you're absolutely right. But in general, I do not think this can be done fully illegally because it is anonymous in part. And, in my opinion, governments (and banks, of course) can gain much more if they do not bans them.  Huh

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████  █████
██
▓███████████████  █  ████████████▓
█████████  ██           ██  ███████
▄█████  ████████  ██████  ███████████▄
████████    ████  ██████  ██  ████████
████████████████  ███ ██  ███         
██████     ████     ████████████████
████████████████  ███ ██████   ██     
▀███████    ████  ███████████████████▀
█████  ████████  ████████████  █████
████████  ██      ████████████████
██████████████████████████  ████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████  ████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
FRELDO
Token sales
[ WP ]
Qeupe

Activity: 135

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 02:58:22 PM

Yes bitcoin can threaten the existence of a bank or economic condition of a country. If bitcoin is much misused by bad guys. But if the government first receives bitcoin, it will be easily overcome by regulating the circulation and every transaction that uses bitcoin.
digaran2

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:07:34 PM

Based on what I heard from my government statements in regard with bitcoin, they stated that bitcoin and many altcoins are using in many scram case and many people lost so many money!
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:16:22 PM

I think you're absolutely right. But in general, I do not think this can be done fully illegally because it is anonymous in part. And, in my opinion, governments (and banks, of course) can gain much more if they do not bans them.  Huh

They will never make Bitcoin and crypto currencies illegal because they know the potential of this technology in our monetary and payment system and they all see with their own eyes what happened to Bitcoin from its humble beginning and compare its value today. Some government already banned the usage of Bitcoin from their country but they can never stop Bitcoin from exploding world wide and every year there are more people getting curious and adopting this technology.  Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: