Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:52:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: why do governments don't make BTC illegal worldwide ?  (Read 8098 times)
Adam Waters

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:40:09 AM

Yes, every government has the power to ban bitcoin in their country. But The only way to ban bitcoin is to ban the Internet in the entire country (north Korea style).
There are already countries who banned bitcoin other than china, so this is just a normal event on the cryptocurrency world. If you guys are afraid that bitcoin will die because China banned it, don't be bother by this. Bitcoin could exist without this Chinese Government, there is some countries already who trusted bitcoin and make it one of their currency, and one of them is Japan, so rest assured, bitcoin will still live and will keeping booming as always and will sooner lead to revolutionary period throughout the world industry.
As of China, government has only closed exchanges. But soon they'll be launching their own cryptocurrency through which people can easily buy Bitcoin. But all the funds coming and going from bank would be under government scrutiny through their cryptocurrency. This is what they wanted to achieve. They never wanted to ban Bitcoin.
Other factors which I think is they can prohibit mining or regulate it so hard that everybody stops mining all together. China did this and banned mining and trading bitcoins recently that's why it is possible that bitcoins can be banned. If the government however does intervene, they will most likely stop mining operations and the bitcoins harvest will not join the circulation, reducing the supply further making it more expensive thus preventing investors to buy more because it's expensive.
Charles Warren

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:41:33 AM

Nothing, per se.

However, like so many other things that have been banned, yet are difficult to enforce, such bans would likely simply be ignored.

No longer having government-sanctioned access to cryptocurrency exchanges, and so on, might be inconvenient - but - due to the nature of cryptocurrency and its underlying technology, government bans might actually increase its usage and strengthen its adoption.

Especially in parts of the world where the local currency is neither strong nor stable.
Serious475

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:11:01 AM

I'm wondering this because is such a real threat to bank system and we all know how banks and governments are tightly linked !

BTC could make people more autonomous, self-resilient, being their own bank. You can use it like cash, making your transaction almost untraceable (or untraceable using e.g. monero or dash or laundry systems) : this is governments worst nightmare, isn't it ?

I think that Bitcoin is not a big threat to them currently. If they will ban Bitcoin in a country, I am sure that holders/investors/users of Bitcoin will find a way to manage and access their Bitcoin as long as there is internet.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:17:43 AM

That will be suicidal in future. all government state-backed crypto will just lay lame and people will use bitcoin more anonymously and it means no control and one thing government cant let happen is total economy go out of control - they are implementing KYC/AML for that reason.
bitcoinking11

Activity: 378
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:30:14 AM

The governments all around the globe don't make bitcoin illegal, as it has integrated with their economy. If they take this drastic step then it would hurt their economy, as a lot of people are involved with bitcoin in some way or other.
135cc

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:57:57 AM

I'm wondering this because is such a real threat to bank system and we all know how banks and governments are tightly linked !

BTC could make people more autonomous, self-resilient, being their own bank. You can use it like cash, making your transaction almost untraceable (or untraceable using e.g. monero or dash or laundry systems) : this is governments worst nightmare, isn't it ?

In one side, bitcoin can be such a nightmare for governments and banks, but in the other side banks and governments also could get the benefit from bitcoin. If you asking why do governments don't make BTC illegal worldwide? i think the answer is because every country has different regulations related to bitcoin. There are some country that accepting bitcoin but there are also some country that accepting bitcoin too.

Danielfp

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:23:59 AM

I feel that most of the nations around the globe don't see bitcoin as a risk. The issue with government and bitcoin is the inability of government to regulate bitcoin as they want,that's why bitcoin has always been a threat to them.
SoloMoney

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:04:41 PM

No, it's not. The government should take care of its citizens, and since people support bitcoin they can not ban it otherwise it will cause a lot of noise.
Mikasa77

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:07:35 PM

I think because they are afraid to bitcoin and they don't have control to it and because bitcoin do koy have connected to banks and because has a tax payment and bitcoin don't. Bitcoin can raise its own money and can grow without the help of government and banks.

♦ UNIQUE GAMES ♦     Tower.bet     ♦   DAILY RACES   ♦
██   ██   ██   ██████████████████████████████████████████████   ██   ██   ██
$41,000+ Level Bonuses   ★   300 DOGE Signup Bonus
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:17:43 PM

As what I have heard,Some of the government is also linked to the Bitcoin. And most of the government officials are using already BTc. That is the reason why it is still legal. Hehe just my thought.
Yeah, that's possible, because we know that the total number of bitcoin users now reaches tens of millions of users, in my own country the user reaches 1 million users, of course with that number there may be government employees who also use bitcoin and fight for the legality of bitcoin
lani123lani

Activity: 719

ORBIS PLATFORM

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:01:36 PM

I am sure that soon many other countries will change bitcoin as legal currency. as is done by japan that legalizes bitcoin

Kamal Zenda

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:23:04 PM

governments dont make btc illegal worldwide because its cant control btc , cant track btc movement , They also cant dictate how btc transferred,but governments can control fiat currencies

if_so_klara_99

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:57:07 PM

simply because some governments realize the good that can come out it
olliepearl

Activity: 95

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 03:22:38 PM

For me, the main reason why bitcoin not illegal worldwide it is because there are many ways for bitcoin being not use by criminals such as withdrawing bitcoin with valid Ids like KYC. In that way, bitcoin's anonimty will be transparency.

geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:30:59 PM

As what I have heard,Some of the government is also linked to the Bitcoin. And most of the government officials are using already BTc. That is the reason why it is still legal. Hehe just my thought.
Yeah, that's possible, because we know that the total number of bitcoin users now reaches tens of millions of users, in my own country the user reaches 1 million users, of course with that number there may be government employees who also use bitcoin and fight for the legality of bitcoin
The explanation is probably reasonable, many people in government agencies are also involved in this world, they will not let bitcoin become illegal, that makes them unable to make a profit, sometimes they will get into trouble with the law, so they are always against the laws that say bitcoin is illegal. Next reason, I think the government always receives a great deal of pressure from the various social forces, it can be the big boss, people who have an influence on the economy and society, if the government does not satisfy them, the government will be very tired when faced with the anger of these people

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
Choy13

Activity: 167

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:35:07 PM

You are very right. They can't do anything about bitcoin. They scared in the bitcoin they can't touch it. So if ever they will do something new like they are gonna do some business in the bitcoin. They will ask for partnership or somewhat like unity or alliance.
aliusonjelly

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:47:33 PM

government will not want bitcoin to be legal because they are taking  or seeing it as a competitor which is fighting or competing with their own currency. therefor government will not want to legalize it because of fear of unknown
vnnbot

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:25:42 PM

I think that governments simply see in the competitor's crypto currency, because crypto-currencies are much more successful in handling transactions and with minimal commissions. there is also the fact that despite the total number of people owning crypto-currencies, the level can be considered low, because most people are still not ready yet to take bitcoin and all of the entire crypto currency, which is important, since in this case there is no mass acceptance , which is exactly in the hands of the governments of those or other countries.
anrian062

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:33:44 PM

Btc or crypto will not replace the banking system, but i think the government still can use this technology into some other usability. like using the concept of decentralized to serve health and education or similar like that and create transparent yet effective system for the citizen. but for me the most likely to achieve is tax payment system.
vinbitpon

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:35:53 PM

The government can't do that. That's what the word decentralized works. They wanted to regulate BTC or the cyptocurrency but it will be difficult for them to make that possible. But regulations can contribute to the security of our assets. Let's see what will happen in the future news about crypto.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: