Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:44:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VOT]: VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy  (Read 78546 times)
punkoivan

Activity: 143
Merit: 8

https://nibirupool.com

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 10:43:03 AM

New release: VoteCoin 1.1.2 including GUI Wallet

We are happy to announce new version of VoteCoin 1.1.2 including GUI wallet for Windows, Mac and Linux.
This release adds minor improvements to the GUI wallet, user now has access to the debug log messages on startup, and through settings.
Most importantly, this release should fix problems with sending shielded payments and publishing polls.
Download new release at https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin-wallet/releases

FYI: This release contains VoteCoin 1.1.2.1 core.

Bingo!!
Thanks for your work!

btw, what about Max Lumnar and his games platform?

He was very active ~6months ago or so.

https://NibiruPool.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WR-104

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:46:15 AM

Good news) I can't check the version in the program.
How can I find out the version of my GUI wallet?

And when do you plan to make support backup for shielded addresses?
BetwithVotecoin

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 12:53:24 PM

as they mentioned in previous comment:
Most importantly, this release should fix problems with sending shielded payments and publishing polls.
punkoivan

Activity: 143
Merit: 8

https://nibirupool.com

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 01:14:46 PM

hey guys! Glad to hear something from you!
Will you do more bets?

https://NibiruPool.com
cryptochristo

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:42:53 PM

I there any way to get coins off old wallet version 0.1.5?
uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:00:00 PM

I there any way to get coins off old wallet version 0.1.5?

Just export private keys from old wallet by dumpprivkey command. Sync or connections are not required. Then import the keys to the new GUI or CLI wallet.

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
WR-104

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:43:41 PM

no, it's not the same thing. I'm talking about the ability to back up shielded addresses
thesudio

Activity: 109
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:15:16 AM

no, it's not the same thing. I'm talking about the ability to back up shielded addresses

Please note private coins/shielded addresses arent live yet, the only implementation so far is for making polls and bets, the recent update fixes the making polls issue, which had to do with how you pay to make polls using shielded txs... private coins (actual shielded addresses you can back up) will come in a later update when anonymous polls update arrives... but thats down the line in the roadmap after poll reviews, poll explorer redesign and auto refunds for losing bets or opinion polls. 

Check out my YouTube chan here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEKi5UIGkX2ctFiGUhhxR1Q for Qortal News QORT: QRk5TG57SQGLkybXUqxBnobADTFGj9GR3Z
TeamCyr

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:49:05 AM

Hey Tom,
Any plans for:

1) Algop change so we can shut down the Z9/A9 ASIC owners who are desperately trying to pay off their expensive soon to be bricks by mine-n-dump ing your coin?
2) Android wallet? Like BTCz used a forked version of Bitpay open source?

Thanks!
Hello,
1) there are currently no plans for assic resistance in zcash, so there are no plans for VoteCoin. We will follow zcash's decision.
2) there are currently no plans for android wallet, we will wait for Sapling release (should activate in 3 months or so), that should make things much easier.
-Tom

Thank you for the update. Would you be interested in creating a branded wallet for VoteCoin? BTCz team used a forked version of Bitpay and it works very fast. I can host the servers for you if you like.
votecoin.site (OP)

Activity: 265
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 11:29:23 AM

It is currently not possible to export/import private keys for shielded addresses. The reason is that the underlaying Zcash core has a bug (as far as I know) and coins from imported shielded priv keys are unspendable. Because of that, we decided to offer only export/import for transparent addresses. I hope the 2.0 release fixes these issues.
-Tom

VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy
votecoin.site (OP)

Activity: 265
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 11:34:07 AM

Thank you for the update. Would you be interested in creating a branded wallet for VoteCoin? BTCz team used a forked version of Bitpay and it works very fast. I can host the servers for you if you like.
We are actually considering several possibilities regarding Android wallet, I think the best is to wait for VoteCoin 2.0 (which adds sapling support from zcash) and then reconsider available options again, because this update will bring significant changes (support for sending fast shielded payments) and we need those for polls. I didn't review Bitpay wallet forked by BTCz team, but I guess they support only transparent addresses, right? I doubt that shielded transactions can be made on mobile devices with slow CPU and low RAM.
-Tom

VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy
EggieR

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:56:56 AM

I like this project. But I think everything would be fine if the coin added to some new exchange. It would attract new users.
brooklynite1

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 07:55:11 PM

We are actually considering several possibilities regarding Android wallet, I think the best is to wait for VoteCoin 2.0 (which adds sapling support from zcash) and then reconsider available options again, because this update will bring significant changes (support for sending fast shielded payments) and we need those for polls. I didn't review Bitpay wallet forked by BTCz team, but I guess they support only transparent addresses, right? I doubt that shielded transactions can be made on mobile devices with slow CPU and low RAM.
-Tom

You are correct, the Android wallet only supports transparent. I think this is the Github link: https://github.com/bitcoinz-wallets/bitcoinz-copay-wallet

To me the transparency is not the best part of ZCash in fact  think its the only drawback. We all watched the show with the devs "destroying" the code but they never promised not to utilize that same secret code to create unlimited coins of anyone who forks their project and I don't blame them if their plan is to kill all forks. Maybe they are already  doing so as all the Equihash based coins are falling since Feb in BTC value but again that is not proven so hopefully it is not true Smiley . This could not be possible without having shielded transactions where the incoming coins could not be traced back and technically the total supply could theoretically be questioned.

thesudio

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:45:09 AM

Hey guys random question... with current block time and reward, how long are we look at for entire vot supply to be mined?? Like 8 years??

Check out my YouTube chan here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEKi5UIGkX2ctFiGUhhxR1Q for Qortal News QORT: QRk5TG57SQGLkybXUqxBnobADTFGj9GR3Z
thesudio

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:20:21 AM

Great news VOT has been listed on not only digitalprice.io but also cratex.io

Cratex offers BTC/VOT pairs, LTC/VOT pairs and BTCZ/VOT pairs, please check it out!

Xman79

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:08:41 AM

Cratex offers BTC/VOT pairs, LTC/VOT pairs and BTCZ/VOT pairs, please check it out!

Is that a good news Huh
thesudio

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:00:39 AM

Is that a good news Huh

Yes means more currencies can trade with vot directly without going through btc, also digitalprice.io has KMD pairs too

uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:50:05 PM

It would be great but there is not only any volumes and also no buy-sell orders on BTC/VOT pair. The project is about 1 year old but the most significant achievement at the moment was the adding to CMC in the first month of VOT.
And even the current progress is not so noticeable I hope that VOT will be success in future. Anyway I will hold my VOTs

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
Xman79

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:42:40 AM

It would be great but there is not only any volumes and also no buy-sell orders on BTC/VOT pair. The project is about 1 year old but the most significant achievement at the moment was the adding to CMC in the first month of VOT.
And even the current progress is not so noticeable I hope that VOT will be success in future. Anyway I will hold my VOTs

+1
thesudio

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 07:22:04 AM

Yes i agree, we have a bunch of people in discord who will put some orders in atleast soon to help with that. Votecoin will only really advertize after the product is fully functional.

And a big step towards that happened today. ZEC just announced Sapling update, its the first one so expect bugs but its awesome.

https://twitter.com/zcashco/status/1030236985670152192?s=21

Unlike other Zec based coins votecoins poll/bet functions made it too resource hungry to be a mobile wallet but sapling update will make it a light weight protocol  so votecoin could at the least come to android if no appstore. Also sapling upgrade should mean actual shielded wallet and private coins so anonymous betting and polling etc!

Ill hold too!

Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: