Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:31:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VOT]: VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy  (Read 78545 times)
WR-104

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 08:00:07 AM

Hi guys, i ran into the next problem. Some time ago my CLi wallet stopped synchronizing wiht the blockchain. Then the Dev released CLi v2.0.0. I downloaded this version and exchanged wallet.dat file from old wallet to new version. Now i can see my balance in the wallet, but i can't send  it to any address. When i try to send a piece of my coins from z-address (my coins are stored in z_address) to any other address next error is shown : "18 bad txns joinsplit requirements not met". When i try to send all my coins at once "could not find previous JoinSplit anchor" error is shown.
Does anyone know what sholud i do to solve this trouble?

I have encountered the same error in the graphical wallet. The advices I could find on the Internet did not help me. Tried "- reindex " - no effect. Also found the advice "to make a backup of the address and import into another wallet", but for z-adresses there is no such possibility in the wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
votecoin.site (OP)

Activity: 265
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 08:24:56 AM

Hi guys, i ran into the next problem. Some time ago my CLi wallet stopped synchronizing wiht the blockchain. Then the Dev released CLi v2.0.0. I downloaded this version and exchanged wallet.dat file from old wallet to new version. Now i can see my balance in the wallet, but i can't send  it to any address. When i try to send a piece of my coins from z-address (my coins are stored in z_address) to any other address next error is shown : "18 bad txns joinsplit requirements not met". When i try to send all my coins at once "could not find previous JoinSplit anchor" error is shown.
Does anyone know what sholud i do to solve this trouble?

Hello, please try new VoteCoin CLI release 2.0.1
You can compile it right now, or you can wait few hours for official binaries.
You may also try to delete entire blockchain and redownload it from the network (keeping your wallet.dat file)
By the way, what was your previous VoteCoin version which stopped syncing?
-Tom

VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy
NGMK74

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 08:43:46 PM

You may also try to delete entire blockchain and redownload it from the network (keeping your wallet.dat file)
-Tom

[/quote]

It was 1.0.14 version
votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 08:02:31 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2018, 08:51:21 AM by votecoin.site

New version of VoteCoin CLI Wallet (2.0.1) has been released.

This release is the second Sapling-compatible version of the VoteCoin node software. The first block of Sapling will be block 245555. Please test and report any issues.

Download here: https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin/releases/

Notable Changes in this release:
  • Sapling RPC Support
  • Hierarchical Deterministic Key Generation
  • Fix Signing Raw Transactions with Unsynced Offline Nodes

For complete summary of changes check ZCash blog

thesudio

Activity: 109
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:09:04 AM

New version of VoteCoin CLI Wallet (2.0.1) has been released.

This release is the second Sapling-compatible version of the VoteCoin node software. The first block of Sapling will be block 245555. Please test and report any issues.

Download here: https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin/releases/

Notable Changes in this release:
  • Sapling RPC Support
  • Hierarchical Deterministic Key Generation
  • Fix Signing Raw Transactions with Unsynced Offline Nodes

For complete summary of changes check ZCash blog

Great stuff i will update Discord

Check out my YouTube chan here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEKi5UIGkX2ctFiGUhhxR1Q for Qortal News QORT: QRk5TG57SQGLkybXUqxBnobADTFGj9GR3Z
Cryptodreamin

Activity: 85

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:03:18 AM

Tom this is good news for me.  I still have 25,000 VOT from the original wallet that i still have not by any means been able to remove since the overwinter package.  Its not a ton but i mined VOT for quite a while and really want to finally get them to a useable wallet.  Will try this new one today and import my original wallet.dat and pray it works.  My backup usb drive is damaged so my only hope is that I can still somehow get them off the old computer.  While im thinking about it, if i am unable to get them, is there any way that i could provide proof that im the owner of said address and somehow be distributed those 25000 coins?  Thanks for your time
votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 12:02:07 PM

Tom this is good news for me.  I still have 25,000 VOT from the original wallet that i still have not by any means been able to remove since the overwinter package.  Its not a ton but i mined VOT for quite a while and really want to finally get them to a useable wallet.  Will try this new one today and import my original wallet.dat and pray it works.  My backup usb drive is damaged so my only hope is that I can still somehow get them off the old computer.  While im thinking about it, if i am unable to get them, is there any way that i could provide proof that im the owner of said address and somehow be distributed those 25000 coins?  Thanks for your time

The only way to get your coins is to recover your wallet.dat file, or to get private keys for your addresses (which are stored in your wallet.dat file).
It is not technically possible to access your coins in any other way, sadly.

Another possibility is to purchase 25000 VOT on tradesatoshi for current exchange rate ($140 in total), which is not that much Smiley
-Tom

MXMD2X1

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:09:40 PM

A great project with many ideas or a team of professional collaborators Wink Wink Wink
votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 12:30:21 PM

New version of VoteCoin GUI Wallet (2.0.1) has been released.

Download here: https://votecoin.site/#download

NGMK74

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:37:59 AM

-Tom

[/quote]

It didn't change anything. Faults stay. I updated previous version of my wallet - nothing changed, then i installed 2.0.1 version as a new one and  replaced wallet.dat file inside. Nothing helped. Sadness. Cry
thesudio

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:05:14 AM

-Tom

It didn't change anything. Faults stay. I updated previous version of my wallet - nothing changed, then i installed 2.0.1 version as a new one and  replaced wallet.dat file inside. Nothing helped. Sadness. Cry
[/quote]

Hi mate, please join the discord and post in the #help section maybe one of us can help you.

Check out my YouTube chan here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEKi5UIGkX2ctFiGUhhxR1Q for Qortal News QORT: QRk5TG57SQGLkybXUqxBnobADTFGj9GR3Z
uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 04:18:04 PM

New version of VoteCoin GUI Wallet (2.0.1) has been released.

Download here: https://votecoin.site/#download

For me works well on Win10 x64 OS. Migrated with no propblem. Just moved \resourses\app\VoteCoin folder from the old wallet to the new one.
Would you plan to implement console tool to the GUI wallet?

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 08:44:24 PM

For me works well on Win10 x64 OS. Migrated with no propblem. Just moved \resourses\app\VoteCoin folder from the old wallet to the new one.
Would you plan to implement console tool to the GUI wallet?

What console tool do you mean? I am not sure.
There is already a console tool for VoteCoin, it is votecoin-cli (it is part of the VoteCoin CLI release, see https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin/releases)
It communicates with your running node (you need to be running either the CLI version of votecoind, or you can be running the GUI wallet)
On windows, you need to put votecoin-cli.exe to the same directory as votecond.exe within the \resourses\app\ directory. On MAC, you should be fine running it from whatever directory.
-Tom

uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 06:32:41 PM

What console tool do you mean? I am not sure.
There is already a console tool for VoteCoin, it is votecoin-cli (it is part of the VoteCoin CLI release, see https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin/releases)
It communicates with your running node (you need to be running either the CLI version of votecoind, or you can be running the GUI wallet)
On windows, you need to put votecoin-cli.exe to the same directory as votecond.exe within the \resourses\app\ directory. On MAC, you should be fine running it from whatever directory.
-Tom

I mean the tool realized in for example Bitcoin qt wallet. So in BTC you can use console advantages in simple GUI. It could be for example sendmany function and many other. Now these features already realized in VOT. But in separate wallets CLI and GUI. Is it possible to combine a GUI and CLI functional in one wallet?

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
NGMK74

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 09:56:34 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2018, 10:22:23 PM by NGMK74

q
votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 04:47:26 PM

I mean the tool realized in for example Bitcoin qt wallet. So in BTC you can use console advantages in simple GUI. It could be for example sendmany function and many other. Now these features already realized in VOT. But in separate wallets CLI and GUI. Is it possible to combine a GUI and CLI functional in one wallet?
Not at the moment.
Maybe in some further version.

NGMK74

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:27:27 PM

Hi mate, please join the discord and post in the #help section maybe one of us can help you.
[/quote]

Give me the link, please.
altcoin.wallet

Activity: 124

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 09:05:52 AM

Hello! We are the developers of the mobile wallet Altcoin Wallet. Now we add to the wallet different coins. Is there a desire to be added to the wallet? Payment only after we add your coin and you'll like it.

for listing we take 0.2 BTC

The following coins have already been added:

- GoaCoin
- Innova
- Crowdcoin
- Innova
- Rapture
- Trezar
- Emergency
- Sobercoin
- Unitus

Our Website: https://altcoin-wallet.online/
Play Market: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.altcoin.wallet
for questions to contact:
Email - altcoin.wallet.info@gmail.com
votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 06:01:27 PM

Hello! We are the developers of the mobile wallet Altcoin Wallet. Now we add to the wallet different coins. Is there a desire to be added to the wallet? Payment only after we add your coin and you'll like it.

Hello,
VoteCoin is based on ZCash, and for that reason it is somehow resource-heavy when using secure transactions.
So implementing VoteCoin to your android wallet is currently not a good idea.
This all will change with Sapling, which will activate in a week, but I guess it will be still problematic as long as we support old Sprout transactions.
So at the moment I would suggest you to NOT implement any zcash-based coin to your wallet yet.
-Tom

thesudio

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 04:46:19 AM

Give me the link, please.
[/quote]

Discord invite: https://discord.gg/U3rbfvk

Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: