Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:52:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VOT]: VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy  (Read 78546 times)
uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 03:21:53 PM

Hello! We are the developers of the mobile wallet Altcoin Wallet. Now we add to the wallet different coins. Is there a desire to be added to the wallet? Payment only after we add your coin and you'll like it.

Hello,
VoteCoin is based on ZCash, and for that reason it is somehow resource-heavy when using secure transactions.
So implementing VoteCoin to your android wallet is currently not a good idea.
This all will change with Sapling, which will activate in a week, but I guess it will be still problematic as long as we support old Sprout transactions.
So at the moment I would suggest you to NOT implement any zcash-based coin to your wallet yet.
-Tom

In that case there is a question: Would you plan to create webwallet for VOT with embedding voting tool? Desktop wallet is good but it's not always convinient. Espessially for transparent transactions. Simple web tool would be great

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheSea

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 04:23:04 PM

I got trouble with daemon connection.
How to make it work?
It is my first time to download and install Votecoin Windows wallet.
Too little information. What kind of problems? There are no active connections? What are you using? VoteCoin v2.0.1 or VoteCoin GUI Wallet v2.0.1-128?
toogoody

Activity: 588
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 06:53:43 PM

List of VoteCoin mining pools with live stats & hashrate distribution

https://miningpoolstats.stream/votecoin
votecoin.site (OP)

Activity: 265
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2018, 09:23:45 AM

List of VoteCoin mining pools with live stats & hashrate distribution

https://miningpoolstats.stream/votecoin

This is very useful, thank you!
-Tom

VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy
votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2018, 09:25:30 AM

Sapling activation in about a hour, stay tuned! Smiley

votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2018, 11:36:02 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2018, 02:48:07 PM by votecoin.site

Sapling in VoteCoin is now active.
The following pools support it as of now:

whibbit.cn
 powermining.pw
 luckpool.net
 aikapool.com
 basementpool.org      
 minerspool.cc   

Make sure to use pool with proper support else you will waste your resources.
Thank  you

votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2018, 03:01:15 PM

We've successfully sent a sapling shielded payment
https://explorer.votecoin.site/tx/d5f798e8a10b0a9aab078577e42da76fb39ca7208342e0bf0a152ecef2f2d9ba
The transaction takes just few seconds to prove, and memory requirements are really low.
Next version of VoteCoin GUI Wallet will create new sapling addresses by default. Old sprout addresses are now considered deprecated.

crypto_mang

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 01:05:59 PM

Ok..so what do I have to do to keep my node updated for Sapling?
uralcryptocoin

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 02:17:05 PM

Ok..so what do I have to do to keep my node updated for Sapling?

Seems if you run the latest VOT wallet (v2.0.1) Sapling feature is already implemented in the code.
Also as Tom previously said:

Next version of VoteCoin GUI Wallet will create new sapling addresses by default...

A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
crypto_mang

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:02:48 PM

Thanks.  I did update the wallet/node.

Votecoind --version
VoteCoin Daemon version v2.0.1-d2d4cba

I'm not seeing any errors, but I'm not blocking.
AltcoinWire

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:05:09 PM

Altmarkets is a rapidly growing exchange with now over 5,800 registered members and over 80 coins listed for trading, we run competitions, promotions and airdrops on a weekly basis!

Request a listing via our add coin page, https://altmarkets.cc/add_coin.

(OPTIONAL) Join us on Discord to speak directly to us about your listing request : https://discord.gg/ZhQzy5f

Our Fees - https://altmarkets.cc/fees
Listing Policy: https://altmarkets.cc/add_coin
votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 07:58:08 AM

In the GUI Wallet, click Settings and scroll down to see log. You can try to find out what is the problem from messages there.
If there is no clue, close the wallet and try to find peers.dat file (it is in \resources\app\VoteCoin\peers.dat)
Erase this file and start the wallet again. Could help.

thesudio

Activity: 109
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 07:47:08 PM

In the GUI Wallet, click Settings and scroll down to see log. You can try to find out what is the problem from messages there.
If there is no clue, close the wallet and try to find peers.dat file (it is in \resources\app\VoteCoin\peers.dat)
Erase this file and start the wallet again. Could help.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that the buttons on the left side of the GUI are unclickable. The mouse changes to the hand with the index finger pointing out when I scroll over them, but nothing happens when I click on them. As for the peers.dat file, there is none. The only files inside of \resources\app\VoteCoin are .lock, debug.log, and votecoin.conf. I used file explorers search function to further search for peers.dat in all of the votecoin folders, but no luck.

Please post in the #help section in votecoin discord, someone maybe able to help you sort out your issues.

Check out my YouTube chan here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEKi5UIGkX2ctFiGUhhxR1Q for Qortal News QORT: QRk5TG57SQGLkybXUqxBnobADTFGj9GR3Z
thesudio

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 07:41:42 AM

the debug window at the start of wallet is great btw

Check out my YouTube chan here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEKi5UIGkX2ctFiGUhhxR1Q for Qortal News QORT: QRk5TG57SQGLkybXUqxBnobADTFGj9GR3Z
votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 08:56:28 AM

the debug window at the start of wallet is great btw

Just for your info, you can also see the debug in "settings" section, just scroll down a bit.

votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 09:00:05 AM

No news is great news
This is just for information, there are currently no news in VoteCoin, since we are waiting for implementation of z_exportViewingKey RPC call in the zcash core. As soon as this is implemented, we will backport it to VoteCoin and continue our work to switch all polls to the new sapling format.
As of our understanding, z_exportViewingKey is not yet supported in zcash 2.0.2 so it may be few more months before this happens.
-Tom

uralcryptocoin

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 06:21:21 PM

No news is great news
This is just for information, there are currently no news in VoteCoin, since we are waiting for implementation of z_exportViewingKey RPC call in the zcash core. As soon as this is implemented, we will backport it to VoteCoin and continue our work to switch all polls to the new sapling format.
As of our understanding, z_exportViewingKey is not yet supported in zcash 2.0.2 so it may be few more months before this happens.
-Tom

A little correction: No News - Not Bad News  Wink
Anyway it's great that you keep up the thread.
VOT wallet works, blockexplorer too.
Our task is just hold and will be rewarded further. Waiting for bull market in crypto...

thesudio

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 12:41:40 PM

No news is great news
-Tom

A little correction: No News - Not Bad News  Wink
Anyway it's great that you keep up the thread.
VOT wallet works, blockexplorer too.
Our task is just hold and will be rewarded further. Waiting for bull market in crypto...

Amen, vot one of the projects thats been no bs and didnt succumb to the bears

thesudio

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 08:50:21 AM

Votecoin is to be delisted from digital price exchange

Got official word from Dev, regarding DigitalPrice exchange VOT wallet being down on maintenance since last sapling update.

"I can see, they requested $300 for that

I just wrote them an email we're not going to pay for that, upgrading the wallet is a 5 minute work

If digitalprice is not going to update the wallet, they should at least give users the private keys for their wallet addresses - so a person can safely import his deposit to his wallet back (and send it to a new address himself)"

Dev obviously realizes they are a business and have a bottom line and vot is a super low volume coin. But tradesatoshi and cratex exchanges updated without asking for anything. He is looking for community Input. Post thoughts in chat channels.

Thanks everyone.

Retaliator

Activity: 298
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 09:03:29 AM

Amen, vot one of the projects thats been no bs and didnt succumb to the bears

Probably it was from the very start, cause noone cares about it except some poor miners and inverstors from third world countries.
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: