Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:39:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VOT]: VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy  (Read 78546 times)
uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 04:48:08 PM

I have found great the idea of this project. Really, it can prevent the scam situations in a government during votes.

The idea is good. But it's not enough for the success of project. Active development, promotion etc are needed.
VOT has great developer but with the promotion there are some issues. In fact too few people know about VOT now

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
brooklynite1

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2019, 05:28:50 PM

I have found great the idea of this project. Really, it can prevent the scam situations in a government during votes.

I know, if we could get Tom to keep developing this into a viable product with easier ways to create and promote polls and pay winners in an autonomous  decentralized way this could be a huge project.

Need a mobile wallet, and bit more expansion on open source voting, sports betting and gambling that could all be done easier and more decentralized.

Can you imagine running a nationwide voting poll on 2020 presidential elections that ends on DNC convention night? This could be huge! But it looks like Tom is too busy.

Oskii

Activity: 244
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2019, 05:33:34 PM

Have the devs of this coin considered airdropping through FreeFaucet.io?
brooklynite1

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2019, 05:38:02 PM

I know, if we could get Tom to keep developing this into a viable product with easier ways to create and promote polls and pay winners in an autonomous  decentralized way this could be a huge project.

Need a mobile wallet, and bit more expansion on open source voting, sports betting and gambling that could all be done easier and more decentralized.

Can you imagine running a nationwide voting poll on 2020 presidential elections that ends on DNC convention night? This could be huge! But it looks like Tom is too busy.

The 2020 USA Presidential Elections could run on Weekly polls ending every Sunday. The results would be open to everyone to see but in order to see the results live you would need to participate.

This is crazy!

Tom, are you listening?!

And when is the halvening by the way?

TeamCyr

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 06:49:46 AM

The 2020 USA Presidential Elections could run on Weekly polls ending every Sunday. The results would be open to everyone to see but in order to see the results live you would need to participate.

This is crazy!

Tom, are you listening?!

And when is the halvening by the way?

Yea, you may have a point here. Getting involved with the next presidential elections and running weekly votes, could be huge. But first this project will need a super easy to use Android wallet that allows for voting.

Now even if they were refunded (better if they actually cost very little amount, than refunded, to avoid spam, maybe 100 VOT per vote) it will certainly put us on the map!
uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 06:13:09 PM

What are you talking about?
If new service/poll based on VOT project is created why there is no info in VOT official social media?

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
TeamCyr

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 05:07:47 PM

What are you talking about?
If new service/poll based on VOT project is created why there is no info in VOT official social media?

I am not aware that a poll is created. I was suggesting a weekly poll to BE created for the 2020 Elections. I would create one if I knew how.

If we create such a poll, CNN, Fox, Aljazeera or BBC could comment on it and with the new altcoin boom it could help VOT finally get a break.
TeamCyr

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 09:35:12 PM

Tom,

How are you? All good? We have an Altcoin rush these days. Would you like to give us an update of what is happening?

TeamCyr.
brooklynite1

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 05:30:53 PM

12 Satoshi? What is happening to this project? One of the best projects with Voting feature built in with so much potential going into 2020 Election year in the US.  TOM WAKE UP PLEASE!

brooklynite1

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 10:04:10 PM

Any developers here?

If yes, would someone please reach out to ZelCore team to add VOT to their mobile wallet? They are interested in adding VOT but need help from the developers.

TeamCyr

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 04:27:18 PM

Tom,

How are you? All good? We have an Altcoin rush these days. Would you like to give us an update of what is happening?

TeamCyr.

Tom, I think, hangs out more on Discord than here.
votecoin.site (OP)

Activity: 265
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2019, 06:21:29 PM

Tom,

TeamCyr.

Hi, VoteCoin is still waiting for import/export support for viewing keys.
We need that to be able to switch all polls/campaigns from sprout format (old slow secure payments) to sapling format (new fast secure payments)
There is nobody in VoteCoin team who would have balls to code that part ourselves, so we're waiting for ZCash to officially support it so we can backport it into VoteCoin.
Apparently this takes much longer than expected, so unfortunately there is no ETA known yet
-Tom

VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy
votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2019, 06:27:07 PM

12 Satoshi? What is happening to this project? One of the best projects with Voting feature built in with so much potential going into 2020 Election year in the US.  TOM WAKE UP PLEASE!
I have to admit that the exchange rate is actually the last thing I would worry about Smiley
-Tom

brooklynite1

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2019, 02:55:23 AM

12 Satoshi? What is happening to this project? One of the best projects with Voting feature built in with so much potential going into 2020 Election year in the US.  TOM WAKE UP PLEASE!
I have to admit that the exchange rate is actually the last thing I would worry about Smiley
-Tom

I understand your position as a pure developer, but from a financial standpoint if the value drops miners will leave and the entire blockchain could fall apart with a 51% attack.

You have done so much good for this project and we love and support your work. Your history on Github predates even Bitcoin itself. Your work on the Linux distro is outstanding. You are probably one of the top developers in the crypto market getting filled with fake projects like TRX, BTT, BNB and other jump tokens with no crypto programming.

All we want is for you to continue updating us on the progress. As I mentioned before, the elections are coming up in the US and if the interface could be simplified to allow easy voting and polls in various places that allow posting polls on twitter and social media with a simple link or similar, this project could take off huge with the next election year in the US coming up and Worldcup right after that.

brooklynite1

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2019, 02:57:15 AM

Tom,

TeamCyr.

Hi, VoteCoin is still waiting for import/export support for viewing keys.
We need that to be able to switch all polls/campaigns from sprout format (old slow secure payments) to sapling format (new fast secure payments)
There is nobody in VoteCoin team who would have balls to code that part ourselves, so we're waiting for ZCash to officially support it so we can backport it into VoteCoin.
Apparently this takes much longer than expected, so unfortunately there is no ETA known yet
-Tom

I guess everyone who runs a ZEC fork is relying on Zooko who has shown twice to embed secret code to generate unlimited coins on competing fork projects. Sapling was the second time he was caught. The first time was named timewarp. 

TeamCyr

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 06:12:43 PM

-Tom

Well right now you have a situation where there is an Z9+ ASIC (possibly just one miner) running a mine-n-dump on the project since you didn't want to change algo and now there is a Z9+ owner trying harqd to make his ASIC money back by pushing your project to the ground and he doesn't care as he is the only one mining.

You don't want to watch the price but once your limited supporters leave then your project no longer works. You can have the best project but without supporters all your development work is worthless.
pinpins

Activity: 1022
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2019, 05:22:11 AM

Hello

Error: This version has been deprecated as of block height 348597. You should upgrade to the latest version of Zcash.

Where is actual upgrade available?

pinpin
votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2019, 05:14:26 AM

... but from a financial standpoint if the value drops miners will leave and the entire blockchain could fall apart...
I understand and agree, you are right
-Tom

votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2019, 05:19:49 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2019, 08:11:59 AM by votecoin.site

New version of VoteCoin 2.0.4 is released

we are happy to announce that VoteCoin 2.0.4 is released, and both CLI and GUI wallets were updated.
Most noticeable change is optimization in GUI wallet for faster sync and better performance.
Since the previous version of VoteCoin wallet has been already deprecated, it is essentially required to update to the new version

GUI wallet download: https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin-wallet/releases
CLI wallet download: https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin/releases

For your information, there is already an implementation in progress for import/export viewing keys (ivk) which are needed for switching the voting to sapling (for faster poll publishing). So next version of VoteCoin will most likely switch to Sapling even for its voting features (sapling is already supported in VoteCoin but only for sending/receiving fast shielded transactions)

Enjoy! :]

boo50

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

lux8.net

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 02:18:45 PM

great to hear what work in progress, hope to see voting activity again soon.

Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: