Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:05:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do when prices are falling  (Read 46479 times)
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:37:09 PM

What should be done? I think when the price fell to analyze market and hope the price bitcoin back up because if the price goes up, the price of the bitcoin coin others will follow
in this case the alternative way to become productive is not to panic instead buy a lot of coin because the possibility to rise is always there.coin price is really not stable everybody can become profitable if we should properly observe the movement of the market.
yes i agree sometimes people is always afraid of the unknown.even if a coin decreases a small amount we should not be panic on it because i think theres nothing to be afraid off i believe falling of the  price is a great opportunity to buy and sell it if it will comeback to the normal price or maybe  above the normal price.
When the price dump most traders grab the opportunity to buy more at a lowest price. Yes true we should not panic on the downtrend of the market, instead buy back at the cheap price. Because eventually the value will recover and you can earn profit on doing so.
Sometimes it is not goes as planned , everyone one to buy low.
But instead you successfully bought it at low , the price continue dropping and you start frustating.
You can do cut loss when you think it won't be a good situation for you , but keep holding itself there's no harm as it is part of the taking risk.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1330
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 11:59:52 PM

What should be done? I think when the price fell to analyze market and hope the price bitcoin back up because if the price goes up, the price of the bitcoin coin others will follow
in this case the alternative way to become productive is not to panic instead buy a lot of coin because the possibility to rise is always there.coin price is really not stable everybody can become profitable if we should properly observe the movement of the market.
yes i agree sometimes people is always afraid of the unknown.even if a coin decreases a small amount we should not be panic on it because i think theres nothing to be afraid off i believe falling of the  price is a great opportunity to buy and sell it if it will comeback to the normal price or maybe  above the normal price.
When the price dump most traders grab the opportunity to buy more at a lowest price. Yes true we should not panic on the downtrend of the market, instead buy back at the cheap price. Because eventually the value will recover and you can earn profit on doing so.
Sometimes it is not goes as planned , everyone one to buy low.
But instead you successfully bought it at low , the price continue dropping and you start frustating.
You can do cut loss when you think it won't be a good situation for you , but keep holding itself there's no harm as it is part of the taking risk.
Well if you are trading only with bitcoin buying and buying while the price is getting low will still be good since the price can be recover up again and again and make a profit ..
But if you are trading with altcoin there is no guarantee or assurance that you can hold your altcoin for a long time and buy more cheap price to make profit in the future..
The development of altcoin is slow than bitcoin if we compare them..
So it will be depends if what coin we are holding or we want to buy..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
energycom

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:20:24 AM

What I usually do if prices are falling most specially if the coins are very low, I would buy more coins from a much lower price and your total amount of couns would then be divided; the result would be lesser losses. Read or research on google about books or ebooks on trading.

For this, you need free money, btc or eth. Othwerwise, you only watch cheap tokens are swimming in crypto pool. I see them, but I can't buy them because I don't have free money. This is sad. They would worth buying.
Erowind

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:41:22 AM

If the image is too big I apologize, I'm rocking a 4k monitor so all my stuff tends to be godzilla sized.

Can't snort crack through a rolled up bitcoin Wink
PointHope

Activity: 317
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:01:57 AM

Buying time I think.

Will buy another BTC today, then maybe some LTC and XMR in a few days.
tranle789

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:13:38 AM

Buying time I think.

I will also buy BTC today because for me the BTC price is now very cheap and will definitely return $ 5000 over the next few weeks. I think China is trying to do something to buy all the cheap altcoin and we will not let that happen.
GeniusAko

Activity: 434
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:26:10 AM

Hello. I have a folio of BTC, ETH, NEO and some alts. I've been watching at Bitcoin since 2015 but bought only at this summer (and the last move was quite bad, I bought some BTC for $4600). I try to study, watch vids, read forum and twitters. Chris Dunn has a vid on the topic but nothing really specific. I'm interested in some ideas about what to do when prices are falling.  Sell alts and hold bitcoin? Short? (and if yes, so the next question is how to learn how to short?).
The quality of a good trader is has a patience to wait the right time to sell the coins or the tokens. If the price of the token that we hold is goes down, only we need to do is act normal and do not carried your emotion get away.
deddod

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:13:09 AM

Hello. I have a folio of BTC, ETH, NEO and some alts. I've been watching at Bitcoin since 2015 but bought only at this summer (and the last move was quite bad, I bought some BTC for $4600). I try to study, watch vids, read forum and twitters. Chris Dunn has a vid on the topic but nothing really specific. I'm interested in some ideas about what to do when prices are falling.  Sell alts and hold bitcoin? Short? (and if yes, so the next question is how to learn how to short?).
altcoin price movement is now rhythmic with bitcoin price movement (Bitcoin down = altcoin down, Bitcoin rises = altcoin rise). so I recommend it better to hold some altcoins if you have bought them. because if you sell it you will have double loss.

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▐████
▀▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▀██████████▐████
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████▀ ▀▄▄▄     ▐████
▀▀     ▄▀███▄▄▄▄       ▐████
▄▄   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▐████
▄▄   ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████

▀▄▄▀▀▀  ██████           ▐████
██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

▄▄  ████▀▄██████████▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████████████▐████
BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

mia khalifa

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:17:49 AM

the answer is very easy, buy a coin whose price is down at this time, because after the coin down the price will surely rise again upwards. after you get a profit of at least 200% then sell before the price becomes down again.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 05:32:46 AM

You can just hold the coin if you research about it and you can see that many people have it and you believe in the project to prosper in the future and not just some shitcoin. When the price is falling, you can have a stop loss to reduce your losses or you just continue to hold. The downtrend in bitcoin and some altcoins is trigerred because of the market correction and one of the catalyst as well is the announcement of China to ban the ICOs but then bitcoin will rise up again cause many people believe in it and have active community.

phanngt

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 06:32:13 AM

Since the next September and October is not easy for bitcoin to hold it's growing. This is what I did, and going to do for these days.

1. If your coin loss too much, hold it.
2. If not ( only few coins get profits), but loss is below 5%, sell and hold USD.
3. Waiting for bitcoin hit 3xxx and continue buy it.

Is there any wrong with this strategy?
kevpantof

Activity: 491
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:52:13 AM

I'm interested in some ideas about what to do when prices are falling.

There are 2 clear directions when the prices are falling.
1. Sell.
a. If you are not a day trader and did panic sell, you better leave this since it's not for you. Cryptos fluctuate a lot and your health is more important than some extra bucks.
b. If you are a day trader (wannabe) then you had your eyes on it and sold quick minimizing the loss; and you obviously buy back when it start rising again. Be very careful with this because you can easily end up selling cheap and buying when it's expensive.

2. Hodl.
If you trust the crypto you bought, then you trust it will have more success, you trust it'll grow even more. The hold it until it make you rich (or you believe it reached the maximum success it could). Even buy more if you afford (but never invest more than you afford to lose).

The detailed sketch of what you have to do when prices are falling. It is the case when you have to decide on the time of falling down the price charts, what will be suitable for you. Plan your strategy, have faith in your coins and select wisely whatsoever you would choose.
usmanov123 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Chikuntv

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:55:49 AM

I have a few questions for you. Did you invest more than you can afford to lose? What was your main motive behind this purchase? Were you looking for quick profit? Did you buy bitcoins as an investment only? Did you plan to hodl your bitcoins? And so on.

The question you are asking is too vague. If i had invested just for quick profits, i would sell my btc right now and take the loss, cuz the prices may stay below $4000 for awhile now. Same is the scenario if i had invested more than i can afford to lose. But if you invested to hodl for 5-6 year then you may not do anything right now just let btc sit and ride this out.

I have ~10-20% long term, and other I'm trying to trade. It hurts, but I can afford to lose it. Now I see one of the problem is that I don't really have a clear plan.
rtinedal

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:29:58 AM

Better to do is to buy again at a lower price than you buy because if the price drops too slowly, the price of the coin will also increase. Not all of the time is falling down as the price drops as well as the time goes up. just patient and hold your assets.
barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:31:29 AM

If you are still optimistic with the coin you are supporting then just sleep on it.
We tend to make bad decisions while we are awake and monitoring the price wave.
There will always be a fall but if you did a research with your coin then you should knew it could resist and be back to its price.
Having faith in the coin you are supporting is very important, yes. One must need to be patient while deciding any buy or sell. As far as current situation is concerned, better is to make a good sleep. Not a good time of selling as the prices slightly seems to be stable. Wait for a high, and then sell.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:42:50 AM

I have a few questions for you. Did you invest more than you can afford to lose? What was your main motive behind this purchase? Were you looking for quick profit? Did you buy bitcoins as an investment only? Did you plan to hodl your bitcoins? And so on.

The question you are asking is too vague. If i had invested just for quick profits, i would sell my btc right now and take the loss, cuz the prices may stay below $4000 for awhile now. Same is the scenario if i had invested more than i can afford to lose. But if you invested to hodl for 5-6 year then you may not do anything right now just let btc sit and ride this out.

I have ~10-20% long term, and other I'm trying to trade. It hurts, but I can afford to lose it. Now I see one of the problem is that I don't really have a clear plan.

Glad i was helpful. This was my purpose of asking these questions. You did not plan this out. Researching on a product or an asset is one thing but planning out how to deal with it when things go south is another. Unfortunately you have not planned this out. I will only recommend you the safest option right now which is to cash out and invest later with proper planning. Take this as a lesson and come prepared the next time.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:04:43 AM

Buying time I think.

I will also buy BTC today because for me the BTC price is now very cheap and will definitely return $ 5000 over the next few weeks. I think China is trying to do something to buy all the cheap altcoin and we will not let that happen.

We can utilize bitcoin like a share market growth because bitcoin is fluctuate tendency coin and give profit and business to many people. I hold the bitcoin I have now. I will sell out the bitcoin once the bitcoin price back to next peak value in the chart.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:30:56 AM

there's nothing to do but to trust our instinct that it will bounce back, and no matter how hard the road right now for sure it will bounce back
hold and keep your eyes out from now maybe spare some time with your friends or love ones forget for a while about your investment mate.
agus sayadi

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:17:27 PM

What to do when bitcoin or altcoins price are falling is just drive your car and go outside to make your brain refresh, let's hold all your coins for a moments and just be patience

helars2008

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:10:23 PM

When cryptocoins price started to fall....
Especially lower that the buying price you obtained those coins before.
You can do anything you want as long you will NOT sell it...
But if the price falls higher than the price you bought them you can sell it anytime if you want too...
But my advice is that if you dont need the money outright then just hodl into it...
One day somehow the price would bounce back...
And many coins already showed such capability....
Capability to bounce back.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: