Bitcoin Forum
November 20, 2017, 06:19:35 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do when prices are falling  (Read 36775 times)
Choii

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:16:43 AM

Hold tight and wait for it going up again.  Grin Grin Grin
Yes i agree with you, Hold is the best thing to do if you want to get your profit. You don't lose your bitcoin or altcoin unless you sell for the lowest price for your actual price. That's why much better to hold after you get your profit what you want and sell it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
v0rtecxz

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:59:20 AM

for me personally if something like that has been said, I will hold it for a certain time until its price recovers, and before that happens I buy at the time the price goes down, and keep all of it and then I wait until the price goes up, but if you want reduce the loss you can sell it, then wait until the price is really low then buy it back, and then hold it until the price goes up, in the trade it's all we can not predict, but as good as you be patient and always see the market movement and graph there is, before you want to decide to buy or sell
Rasel5209

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:01:50 PM

Hello. I have a folio of BTC, ETH, NEO and some alts. I've been watching at Bitcoin since 2015 but bought only at this summer (and the last move was quite bad, I bought some BTC for $4600). I try to study, watch vids, read forum and twitters. Chris Dunn has a vid on the topic but nothing really specific. I'm interested in some ideas about what to do when prices are falling.  Sell alts and hold bitcoin? Short? (and if yes, so the next question is how to learn how to short?).
every day btc price increase or decrease. if you see btc and other coin price chart. btc decrease but not for long time. after a time it price decrease. so I tell don't worry for decrease. wait some time and set your plan for sell.

trako

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:49:44 PM

It is very simple to do. political and economic policies of the countries should be observed and how long the process will continue. then investing in the analysis of how much of the existing investment amount will be affected by the situation.

SPECTRE                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
      ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
             │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │     ███
███  │     ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
TrumpD

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:10:39 PM

Hold steady, spend only if you have to, no need changing your spending habit or dumping your bitcoins because the price is seemingly going down. I can speak only for bitcoin, the rest I don't really trust aside from ethereum maybe.

If day trading, obviously different rules apply, If the price hits your chosen stop loss, the best thing to do is to sell as soon as possible, This also applies to when the price hits your desired target.
yqloop

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:51:23 PM

I will just keep all my coins. Now the price for altcoin is falling but don't worry about that. After the BTC fork, the price will rise up again.

deeponion
warr1979

Activity: 477

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:34:55 PM

Hello. I have a folio of BTC, ETH, NEO and some alts. I've been watching at Bitcoin since 2015 but bought only at this summer (and the last move was quite bad, I bought some BTC for $4600). I try to study, watch vids, read forum and twitters. Chris Dunn has a vid on the topic but nothing really specific. I'm interested in some ideas about what to do when prices are falling.  Sell alts and hold bitcoin? Short? (and if yes, so the next question is how to learn how to short?).
every day btc price increase or decrease. if you see btc and other coin price chart. btc decrease but not for long time. after a time it price decrease. so I tell don't worry for decrease. wait some time and set your plan for sell.
There are many reasons can make the price of any cryptocurrency, not only Bitcoin, can not recover in a long time.
Example from 2013 until this year, the price of Bitcoin could not recover by the bad news of Mt.Gox exchange stolen all money of user.
So, you have to know everything is possible, ready before it happens will be better than you do not have any preparation.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
PhucS

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:09:43 PM

for me personally if something like that has been said, I will hold it for a certain time until its price recovers, and before that happens I buy at the time the price goes down, and keep all of it and then I wait until the price goes up, but if you want reduce the loss you can sell it, then wait until the price is really low then buy it back, and then hold it until the price goes up, in the trade it's all we can not predict, but as good as you be patient and always see the market movement and graph there is, before you want to decide to buy or sell
So, we need patience, the cryptocurrency market is unpredictable, it contains so many surprises that we need to keep a cold head, should not be impatient. Calm down back, look at the situation, look at the chart, market trends and make the right decision. Keep them in mind as prices will probably return, as you say and then we will be profitable. But it is important to consider the development of the coin, if it does not have the potential, its value will decrease forever and we will lose more.

▄██▄  ▄▄
                 ▀███▄ ▀█
                   ▀███▄
             ███  █▄ ███▄ ▄██
             ▀███▄ ▀  ███▄ ▀ ▄▄▄▄
               ▀███▄▄ ▄▀███▄ ▀███▄
            ▄██  ▀████▄▀ ▀███ ▀███▄
          ▄███▄▄█▄ ▀████▄█████ ██▀▀██▄
        ▄██████████  ▀██████▀▀█▀ ▄▄ ███▄
       ██████▀▀██████▄ ▀███▀▀▄ ▄███ ██ ██▄
     ▄██████▄▄████████▀  ▀██▄  ███▀ ██ ███▄
    ████████████████      ▀█▀ ███▀ ███ ████
  ▄████████████████        █ ███▀ █▄▄  ▄███
▄████████████████▀          ████▄█████ ███▀
████████████████▀            ▀▀█ ▀▀██████▀
██████████████▀             ▄█▄██ ▀█████▀
█████████▀▀▀                ██████▄▄▄███
▀████████                   ▀██████████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀                      ▀███████▀

▄          ▄███ ▄███                 ▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄              ▐██           ██▌  ██▌                ▀███▌
 ███▀              ▄██          ▐██▌ ▐██▌          ▄▄     ███
 ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄█████▌  ▄██▄██  ███  ███ ▄▄████▌  ███▄   ▐██▌▄██
▀██▌ ▀██████  ███▀███  ███████▐████████▌▐██████▌ ▐████▄  ███████
▐██▌ ▐██▀ ██ ███  ██▌ ███▀ ██▀ ▄██  ▐█▌▐██▀ ██▌  █▀ ███▄▐███▀██▌  ▄
███  ██▌ ██▌ ██▌ ▐██ ▐██▌ ▐██  ██▌  ██▌███  ██▌ ▄█ ▄ ███▐██ ▐██  ██
███▄███  ██▄▄██▄▄███▄███▄▄▄██▄███▌ ▐██▌▐██▄▄██▄██ █▄▄██▌██▌ ▐██▄██
 ▀█▀██▌  ▀███▀▀███▀██▀ ▀██▀▀▀████  ▐██  ▀███▀▀██  ▀███▀ ██   ▀██▀
█▀▀ ▄▄██
▄▄██▀▀▄▄
▀▀▄▄██▀▀
██▀▀▄▄██
▄▄██▀▀▄▄
▀▀▄▄██▀▀
██▀▀▄▄██
▄▄██▀▀▄▄
▀▀▄▄██▀▀
██▀▀▄▄██
▄▄██▀▀▄▄
▀▀▄▄██▀▀
██▀▀ ▄▄█
295% GROWTH IN SALES
TOKENIZING INFLUENCERS GLOBALLY
|130 PEOPLE TEAM
70 MARKETS
300,000 INFLUENCERS
|█▀▀ ▄▄██
▄▄██▀▀▄▄
▀▀▄▄██▀▀
██▀▀▄▄██
▄▄██▀▀▄▄
▀▀▄▄██▀▀
██▀▀▄▄██
▄▄██▀▀▄▄
▀▀▄▄██▀▀
██▀▀▄▄██
▄▄██▀▀▄▄
▀▀▄▄██▀▀
██▀▀ ▄▄█
ICO█▀▀ ▄▄██
▄▄██▀▀▄▄
▀▀▄▄██▀▀
██▀▀▄▄██
▄▄██▀▀▄▄
▀▀▄▄██▀▀
██▀▀▄▄██
▄▄██▀▀▄▄
▀▀▄▄██▀▀
██▀▀▄▄██
▄▄██▀▀▄▄
▀▀▄▄██▀▀
██▀▀ ▄▄█
Fatunad

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:59:49 PM

There are many reasons can make the price of any cryptocurrency, not only Bitcoin, can not recover in a long time.
Example from 2013 until this year, the price of Bitcoin could not recover by the bad news of Mt.Gox exchange stolen all money of user.
So, you have to know everything is possible, ready before it happens will be better than you do not have any preparation.
Easy to say but we wont really know since it would just suddenly happen which we didnt expect for it.Actions would really vary on how fast we would react on such situation. If we do late on making such move on where comes to a point we are already on negative floating then the best thing to do having patience and wont easily panic at all even though we are losing money.Better to make another strategy which would really give you the possibility of recovery this is why its always suggested to set back up plans in this kind of situations.

▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄███▀
 ▀███▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█████▀
  ▀██████▄▄█▀                ▄▄███████▀
   ▐█████████▄           ▄▄███████████
     ▀█████████▄▄      ▄█████████████
       ▀██████████    ███████████████
        ▐▀█████████  █████████████▀ ▐▌
        ▐▌ ▀▀██████ ▐███████████▀   ▐▌
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█████████▀     ▐▌
         █        ▀  ██████         █
         ▐█          ▐█████▄       █▌
          ▀█▄         ▀██████▄   ▄█▀
            ▀█▄         ▀█████▌▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀
                ▀▀████████▀▀
T
.ANGEL TOKEN.
[]

▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄█▀█▀
 ▀█▀█▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█  ▄█▀
  ▀█  ▀▀█▄▄█▀                ▄▄██░   █▀
   ▐▄▄  ░░░▀█▄           ▄▄█▀▀░░░   ▄█
     ▀█▄ ░░░▒▒█▄▄      ▄██▒▒▒▒▒░    █
       ▀▄▄ ░░▒▒▒▓█    ██▒▒▒▒▒▒░   ▄▄█
        ▐▀█▄░░▒▒▓██  █▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░  ▄█▀ ▐▌
        ▐▌ ▀▀█▒▓███░▐█▓▒▒▒▒░░ ▄█▀   ▐▌
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█▓▓▒▒▄▄▄█▀     ▐▌
         █        ▀  █▓█▀▀█         █
         ▐█          ▐▄▓░ █▄       █▌
          ▀█▄         ▀█▒░ ▀█▄   ▄█▀
            ▀█▄         ▀█▄▄▄█▌▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀
                 ▀▀████████▀▀
dmamigo

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:11:03 PM

Hold steady, spend only if you have to, no need changing your spending habit or dumping your bitcoins because the price is seemingly going down. I can speak only for bitcoin, the rest I don't really trust aside from ethereum maybe.

If day trading, obviously different rules apply, If the price hits your chosen stop loss, the best thing to do is to sell as soon as possible, This also applies to when the price hits your desired target.

I also usually hold and prefer to do that, but in case urgent requirement, I do sell or spend my Bitcoins. I would advice the same actions to perform, sell only if its necessary. I am talking about the Bitcoins you acquired by selling goods or services, and if you are investing then mostly you should not require to sell as you should have known your requirements before investing.

wizmo

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:18:53 PM

Hello. I have a folio of BTC, ETH, NEO and some alts. I've been watching at Bitcoin since 2015 but bought only at this summer (and the last move was quite bad, I bought some BTC for $4600). I try to study, watch vids, read forum and twitters. Chris Dunn has a vid on the topic but nothing really specific. I'm interested in some ideas about what to do when prices are falling.  Sell alts and hold bitcoin? Short? (and if yes, so the next question is how to learn how to short?).

You should hold rather than selling it for cheap but if you need funds then sell your altcoins. I usually buy more bitcoins coins when prices are falling. If you doesn't need any funds then I advise you to hold your bitcoins and altcoins both as market will probably recovers after some time and then sell your altcoins but you should never sell your bitcoins.    
maarx

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:11:38 PM

Hello. I have a folio of BTC, ETH, NEO and some alts. I've been watching at Bitcoin since 2015 but bought only at this summer (and the last move was quite bad, I bought some BTC for $4600). I try to study, watch vids, read forum and twitters. Chris Dunn has a vid on the topic but nothing really specific. I'm interested in some ideas about what to do when prices are falling.  Sell alts and hold bitcoin? Short? (and if yes, so the next question is how to learn how to short?).

You should hold rather than selling it for cheap but if you need funds then sell your altcoins. I usually buy more bitcoins coins when prices are falling. If you doesn't need any funds then I advise you to hold your bitcoins and altcoins both as market will probably recovers after some time and then sell your altcoins but you should never sell your bitcoins.    
Always, the better time to buy altcoins are when the price is low.  Invest when the price is very low.  Keep hold of bitcoins. Unless it's really required to spend,  never take off the btc from your wallets. Coinmarketcap. Com can tell you each alts' current price in the market. Get hold of it.

||▄▄▀▀▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▀▄   ▀▀▄      ▄▀▀   ▄███
█   █▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▀▀   ▄██████
█   █  ▀▀▄      ▄█████████
█   █     ▀▀▄▄██████▀▀████
█   █        ████▀  ▄▄████
█   █        █▀  ▄▄███████
█   █         ▄▄████▀▀████
█    ▀▄      ████▀  ▄▄████
 ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄   █▀  ▄█████▀▀
    ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▄█████▀▀
       ▀▀▄   ████▀▀
          ▀▀▄█▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▀▄   ▀▀▄      ▄▀▀   ▄███
█   █▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▀▀   ▄██████
█   █  ▀▀▄      ▄█████████
█   █     ▀▀▄▄██████▀▀████
█   █        ████▀  ▄▄████
█   █        █▀  ▄▄███████
█   █         ▄▄████▀▀████
█    ▀▄      ████▀  ▄▄████
 ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄   █▀  ▄█████▀▀
    ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▄█████▀▀
       ▀▀▄   ████▀▀
          ▀▀▄█▀▀
[]|
xsaints128

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:37:49 PM

The best thing to do while the prices are falling is to buy some of the alts while its cheap, then keep them until the prices go up and when the price goes up and there is real FOMO in the market that's the time to make real profit from those alts which you have been holding.

bncbnc

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:14:21 AM

I also usually hold and prefer to do that, but in case urgent requirement, I do sell or spend my Bitcoins. I would advice the same actions to perform, sell only if its necessary. I am talking about the Bitcoins you acquired by selling goods or services, and if you are investing then mostly you should not require to sell as you should have known your requirements before investing.
But i think that we need to take different decision in different situation. For example if you are a day trader then you cannot hold your bitcoin for a long time. you need to take a quick decision and when you feel that the price if decreasing you should sell your bitcoins and then should wait for the right time so as to trade bitcoin again in a low price. But situation is different in long term trading, in long term trading you can wait for a long time, even if the price of bitcoin is decreasing, because it is for sure that bitcoin market will regain its position very soon.

.ZIGGER.      ███
  ███ ███
█ ███ ███
█ ███ ███
     ███
███ ███
███ ███
  ███ ███
███ ███
███ ███
███     █
███ ███
███
A Decentralized Crypto Marketplace
____ for Localized Shopping ____
[|FACEBOOK
TWITTER
SLACK
ICO  ▶  13th November 2017
GET YOUR 40% BONUS
IN FIRST 24 HOURS!
]      ███
  ███ ███
█ ███ ███
█ ███ ███
     ███
███ ███
███ ███
  ███ ███
███ ███
███ ███
███     █
███ ███
███
happyme1818

Activity: 223

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:51:45 AM

You have a good portfolio in there. If I where you, just take a break make a quality time with your friends, family and your love ones. The tide will soon be gone i believe your portfolio is for long term so no need to be in a hurry.
quarkyplum

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:59:20 AM

Sometimes, you also need to sell your Bitcoin when it reached highest price like $6,000 in past days. That is an opportunity to take profits and you can buy back when the market correction the price of Bitcoin. Ignore it just make you waste your opportunity.

cryptohome

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:01:07 AM

Hold them until it gets back to where you wanted them to be.
Also try to accumulate more if you can as the low period is more considered as the shopping time in crypto.

Rules are simple: Buy it at it's lowest and sell it at it's peak.

nc50lc

Activity: 42

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 06:11:33 AM

What to do when prices are falling: Patiently Wait until it reached my target price.
Unless for Emergency Purposes, the current rate is good enough (or actually at its peak) to cash it out.

▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
● PLINKO  (+) ROULETTE ║ BITVEST ║ |7| SLOTS    ▼ BIT SPIN
▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
cotton ball

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:42:50 AM

Also try to accumulate more if you can as the low period is more considered as the shopping time in crypto.

it only applies to bitcoin and not to altcoin, in the most important trading market is its quantity, so regardless of the current price, we can still benefit. We can still profit if hold continues periodically, but will not get more results, you are too cliche with basic trading patterns.
laracastvue

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:30:53 AM

Yeah its true, When the price value of your coin is decreasing, It does not mean that it will stay low forever and it will go back at the normal price when the time goe's by. Just learn the basic principles of marketing and you will have a good head start to trading.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.