Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:49:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do when prices are falling  (Read 46471 times)
Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:49:47 PM

To my view point if the bitcoin price falls it is good to buy more and invest for more betterment and wait for a hike, falling price can be taken as a positive one.I don't believe that the price will  decrease too low in this present digital world , we can wait and see what happens next.
Falling prices is usually meant to be a good one. In as much as we do not want weaker hands, there is no way we can end up doing without them and that is when it is just perfect to buy into their fears. That is how I see it anyway just like you have said. Things are changing and time will come when it will start getting pretty hard to see very huge drops except few corrections here and there.
But you need to have money in that time, even you can have chance to buy Bitcoin with cheap price, but if you have not money, how do you buy it? Therefore, management your capital is very important to avoid the situation missed a lot of chances buy Bitcoin at bottom price.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kotajikikox

Activity: 2324
Merit: 196

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:48:36 PM

Hello. I have a folio of BTC, ETH, NEO and some alts. I've been watching at Bitcoin since 2015 but bought only at this summer (and the last move was quite bad, I bought some BTC for $4600). I try to study, watch vids, read forum and twitters. Chris Dunn has a vid on the topic but nothing really specific. I'm interested in some ideas about what to do when prices are falling.  Sell alts and hold bitcoin? Short? (and if yes, so the next question is how to learn how to short?).

I will relax and calm myself if the price are falling because that is part of the currency movement sometimes goes down and sometimes all are very happy especially the people holding more kinds of coin in the time of pumping, if price fall down I will keep my bitcoin into my safety wallet with the strong privatekeys.

milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1126

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:14:22 PM

To my view point if the bitcoin price falls it is good to buy more and invest for more betterment and wait for a hike, falling price can be taken as a positive one.I don't believe that the price will  decrease too low in this present digital world , we can wait and see what happens next.
Falling prices is usually meant to be a good one. In as much as we do not want weaker hands, there is no way we can end up doing without them and that is when it is just perfect to buy into their fears. That is how I see it anyway just like you have said. Things are changing and time will come when it will start getting pretty hard to see very huge drops except few corrections here and there.
But you need to have money in that time, even you can have chance to buy Bitcoin with cheap price, but if you have not money, how do you buy it? Therefore, management your capital is very important to avoid the situation missed a lot of chances buy Bitcoin at bottom price.
This thing is commonly happening on most investors specially on traders which there is really a situation on where we do miss buying opportunities because we did tend to go all in or some diversification on altcoin which would really leave us behind to buy since we dont have funds to put on.This is common thats why it did really make some lessons for me and anytime i do have money i do tend to save up for future use and would tend to use if theres a golden opportunity specially on buying cheap coins.

dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:31:31 PM

Hello. I have a folio of BTC, ETH, NEO and some alts. I've been watching at Bitcoin since 2015 but bought only at this summer (and the last move was quite bad, I bought some BTC for $4600). I try to study, watch vids, read forum and twitters. Chris Dunn has a vid on the topic but nothing really specific. I'm interested in some ideas about what to do when prices are falling.  Sell alts and hold bitcoin? Short? (and if yes, so the next question is how to learn how to short?).

If you're up to long term investments I suggest that you shouldn't panic and just hold to your bitcoin or alts (whoever is falling), also it depends on the current reading on your folio. You have to be keep updated on whats happening to the crypto world so that you would know how long you will hold then and then let go. Another thing is that you have to control your emotions and think especially when you are in trading.
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:23:18 AM

In my little experience price falling is not a problem at all. Because it's happens always. Be patient and hold your coin. Market will be rise soon. And don't panic. If you do then you will lose your coin.
Experience really sometimes is the best teacher. For so many people who have stayed in the game for a while, they have realized that FUDs will just stir the market a little bit and then after then, we end up seeing a huge rise which makes them stronger rather than making panic decisions.

Moreover, this forum is a good way for people to learn from experience to understand that panicking will never help but cause more loss.
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:20:14 AM

when you price is start falling then you don't need to take tension but you need to be happy. you must start buying coins at that time more and more and when the price again start increasing then you need to start selling coins with time. so in this way you will get much profit and it is the best way of trading.
Mr.john

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:38:42 PM

when you price is start falling then you don't need to take tension but you need to be happy. you must start buying coins at that time more and more and when the price again start increasing then you need to start selling coins with time. so in this way you will get much profit and it is the best way of trading.
Well, if the price of bitcoin is falling don't be affraid about that, because it is normal to happen this type of situation. The best thing that we should going to do is to hold our bitcoin and wait the time if all things is back to normal.  So, never to become panic and we should control our emotions to avoid any misses.   In addition,  we should makes other alternative way when the price of bitcoin will falling, like we are going to buy some bitcoins for a specific amount and hold for long term and wait the price increasing so we are get a profit. Finally, we need to become updated to all things that happen in bitcoin.
finzyoj

Activity: 644
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:17:41 PM

Hello. I have a folio of BTC, ETH, NEO and some alts. I've been watching at Bitcoin since 2015 but bought only at this summer (and the last move was quite bad, I bought some BTC for $4600). I try to study, watch vids, read forum and twitters. Chris Dunn has a vid on the topic but nothing really specific. I'm interested in some ideas about what to do when prices are falling.  Sell alts and hold bitcoin? Short? (and if yes, so the next question is how to learn how to short?).

When the price us falling, it is time use by traders to buy coin. When the price is falling it is not panic time. It is normal, it will really happen because bitcoin or any other digital currency out there has no fix price. Good thing when its price increase but quite bad when it goes down especially when someone needs money. But it is the nature of this currencies go up, go down, it is not possible to just goes up. Just accept it. When the price is falling there is nothing else to do but to wait for it to increase again. But the thing is we do not know how long will it takes to increase.
I agree. When prices is falling do not panic cause it result of big loss. It is better to hold what you have and wait the time that the price increase again. When the time falls, it is the good time to buy coins.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:25:05 PM

it depends upon the situation if the price is bigger then you need to exchange your bitcoin into foat before that happens. Im a trader since then and i sont want to lose any piece of bitcoin and having trouble with the profit i get so i manage to buy and sell since im from in the 3rd world country where we can easily exchange fiat into bitcoin.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:05:00 PM

In my little experience price falling is not a problem at all. Because it's happens always. Be patient and hold your coin. Market will be rise soon. And don't panic. If you do then you will lose your coin.
Experience really sometimes is the best teacher. For so many people who have stayed in the game for a while, they have realized that FUDs will just stir the market a little bit and then after then, we end up seeing a huge rise which makes them stronger rather than making panic decisions.

Moreover, this forum is a good way for people to learn from experience to understand that panicking will never help but cause more loss.
Yes you know that doubt always there , but as time goes by you will learn how to deal with it.
Taking risk or get nothing principle could be used here to decide whether you will keep holding or cutloss.
Analyze the market carefully and make a decision . Sometimes keep holding drive people into deep regret and burn your investment.
mai_mirai

Activity: 120

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 12:10:26 AM

Basic trading is buy some coin in low price ang sell in high price and get profite from it. So i the price falling we need to be patient to hold our coin don't seel in lower than buy if don't want to lose our fund. Because patient is key of trading and no need to panic. 
Jack353

Activity: 87

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 12:25:20 AM

Well, you have 3 options:

1. Cut your losses. If you have lost faith in the coin, this is your best option. Sad

2. Buy more! If you have the funds and believe in the coin, then what buy more and more as the price drops.

3. HODL! If you don't have the funds to increase your position but still believe in the coin, then you best option is to HODL. (Just forget you own it for a few months/years)

Good luck and stay safe! Tongue
BitcoinsGreat

Activity: 966
Merit: 280

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:02:28 AM

Think fast.  You need to be able to figure quickly why it is falling and is it going to come back.  BTC drops based on this and that rumor sets and always comes back, is this true for the coin you have now that is dropping?  The thing that some people forget is that they have already made money on a coin, not always true, but often forgotten.  They buy a coin, do this and that and make a tidy bit of profit as it rises, then freak out and make this and that guess as it drops.

If you bought in at 1 Sat, it is now 800 Sat and dropping, make the sale and sit back and enjoy.  You have done a good job at this trade and if it hits 1000 Sat the next day, who cares, you made a 800x return and did just fine. Need to be vigilant with decision making and always make the right choice of when to buy and when to sell.
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:17:01 AM

When the price is falling I'm always checking the price everyhour if it will be a big dump or not . if its decrease over $500 im selling my bitcoin so fast so when the price reach its lowest point im gonna buy again so i can make another profit in the future. that's a basic trading but always work. don't buy bitcoin at high price wait for the dump and then buy as much as you can then sell it on a high price.
fancy_pants

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 01:36:18 AM

When the price is falling I'm always checking the price everyhour if it will be a big dump or not . if its decrease over $500 im selling my bitcoin so fast so when the price reach its lowest point im gonna buy again so i can make another profit in the future. that's a basic trading but always work. don't buy bitcoin at high price wait for the dump and then buy as much as you can then sell it on a high price.

But if you see when price falls by $500 that means you are already selling your coins at low price which will affect your profits very badly so if you see dramatic fall in the price its better not to sell your coins and hold the existing ones and when price is at lowest point buy it more and wait for the price to bounce back.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:42:59 AM

What I do when prices are falling especially the coins I'm trading, I usually check the trading site from time to time of how much it has gone down. And when I see that it has gone down half of the price I bought it in, I would wait for the dip and buy that coin when it is at its lowest or for me it is at its lowest.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:51:45 AM

What I do when prices are falling especially the coins I'm trading, I usually check the trading site from time to time of how much it has gone down. And when I see that it has gone down half of the price I bought it in, I would wait for the dip and buy that coin when it is at its lowest or for me it is at its lowest.

Right. Anything but panic selling. If i have spare btcs at that time i'd definitely do the same. If not then basically i don't open any exchange site and let the price fall for as long as it like. I've realized for a long time already that patience is the key to minimize losses in trading

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:58:11 AM

Right. Anything but panic selling. If i have spare btcs at that time i'd definitely do the same. If not then basically i don't open any exchange site and let the price fall for as long as it like. I've realized for a long time already that patience is the key to minimize losses in trading

Correct. We don't have to panic if there is a huge price drop that is happening on every tokens that we are holding, if we have extra bitcoin, then we have to buy tokens that is on a dump price and sell it when it PUMPS so that way we could have the profits. Actually this DUMP thingy is an advantage to the Traders, it is an opportunity for them to earn big amount of money through profits.
andreboaz

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:50:13 AM

Well, you have 3 options:

1. Cut your losses. If you have lost faith in the coin, this is your best option. Sad

2. Buy more! If you have the funds and believe in the coin, then what buy more and more as the price drops.

3. HODL! If you don't have the funds to increase your position but still believe in the coin, then you best option is to HODL. (Just forget you own it for a few months/years)

Good luck and stay safe! Tongue

I think HODL is the best option, that is, if you are in crypto for the long run. Unless its a shit coin in which case you just cut your losses and sell.
Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:07:55 AM

Hello. I have a folio of BTC, ETH, NEO and some alts. I've been watching at Bitcoin since 2015 but bought only at this summer (and the last move was quite bad, I bought some BTC for $4600). I try to study, watch vids, read forum and twitters. Chris Dunn has a vid on the topic but nothing really specific. I'm interested in some ideas about what to do when prices are falling.  Sell alts and hold bitcoin? Short? (and if yes, so the next question is how to learn how to short?).

When the price us falling, it is time use by traders to buy coin. When the price is falling it is not panic time. It is normal, it will really happen because bitcoin or any other digital currency out there has no fix price. Good thing when its price increase but quite bad when it goes down especially when someone needs money. But it is the nature of this currencies go up, go down, it is not possible to just goes up. Just accept it. When the price is falling there is nothing else to do but to wait for it to increase again. But the thing is we do not know how long will it takes to increase.
Bitcoin is a digital currency and digital currency do not have a fix price so people should not try too sell all there coin as they think its price will again fall but they should wait for some time and then see the magic its price will surely increase. one the other had person should buy bitcoin in cheap rate and than wait for the rate to go high and than sell them this will give the a very high price Traders too do not stop there sales because they too know that its price will again increase and it will be like a golden day for us so they do not panic in this situations this is the nature of the online or digital currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: