Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:37:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EventChain ⚡Solving Ticketing Problems on the Blockchain  (Read 48084 times)
toolucky98

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:04:13 PM

In which country this will be working? This will be for limited countries?
They are targeting North America regoin, you can check here : https://cryptocanucks.com/blockchain-event-ticketing-industry-head-head-eventchain-aventus/
greatteager

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:11:49 PM

First there will be North America, and in half a year we will be on the European market.
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:13:22 PM

They are targeting North America regoin, you can check here : https://cryptocanucks.com/blockchain-event-ticketing-industry-head-head-eventchain-aventus/

Actually in contrary what it says in there, they are aiming more than North America region. Dev announced in thread that they are also targeting europe, beside that few posts before dev wrote:

"The ticketing system could definitely be used for centralized transportation services, and we are already in discussions with that plan as well in a certain country near the Alps."

the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:41:36 PM

You want to buy cheap tickets to cocert only? Or for other events and may be some kinds of transport (fly, bus etc) ?

You can create tickets for every kind of event you can imagine, you should try the alpha on the website.

Even if you make a BBQ at home and you need a participation from peoples invited, you can use the system to do so.

Hahahaha, welcome to Carl's bbq down the street, tickets are 5 bucks each, bring your own meat! I wonder if the system will be abused.

cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:55:39 PM

I am happy to see that such a good platform could be built. I have worked in the concert events and i know that the companies that sell for us the tickets tooks a big commission. Things has to be done and videhub could be a solution.

So, eventchain won't charge anything or very little? Still, not clear to me.

Yes, no processing fees on SmartTickets transactions. Tickets will be cheaper for fans and directly paid to artists or promoters!

Some say a little fee. Some say no fee. What's the reality?
I'm planning to implement EventChain somewhere but I'm confused about the fee.

No fees would be unrealistic, wouldn't it? The company/devs must be paid at one point of the game, the system has to run etc pp. Probably they will be cheaper then normal fees.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:03:28 PM

I am happy to see that such a good platform could be built. I have worked in the concert events and i know that the companies that sell for us the tickets tooks a big commission. Things has to be done and videhub could be a solution.

Yes, no processing fees on SmartTickets transactions. Tickets will be cheaper for fans and directly paid to artists or promoters!

No fees would be unrealistic, wouldn't it? The company/devs must be paid at one point of the game, the system has to run etc pp. Probably they will be cheaper then normal fees.

That's what I also said. But KrakAJAX from EC team confirmed that there won't be processing fees which is quite confusing.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:16:50 PM

That's what I also said. But KrakAJAX from EC team confirmed that there won't be processing fees which is quite confusing.

i think there is 15% eventchain token reserved for dev and support

Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:24:10 PM

Will EventChain support dApps built on top of their technology stack like Aventus, who recently held a dApp concept contest?
Cauchy

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:27:48 PM

Will ICO sale be open for chinese participants and/or us?

Ico will be open for all. Chineses investors only can't raise funds with ico, but they can participate other icos.

So Eventchain doesn't have any restrictions. It will be open for all.

Ok. Recently alot of ICOs excempt a handfull of countries due to legal restrictions hence my question. But good to know it is open for all Smiley
bitsurfer2014

Activity: 924
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:28:35 PM

One thing that keeps Eventchain SmarTickets ahead of its competitors is its scalability solutions as it will be distributed to unlimited number of websites in order to reduce site overload that can cause potential crashes.
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:36:53 PM

Actually in contrary what it says in there, they are aiming more than North America region. Dev announced in thread that they are also targeting europe, beside that few posts before dev wrote:

"The ticketing system could definitely be used for centralized transportation services, and we are already in discussions with that plan as well in a certain country near the Alps."

It would be great if it was France, but that would be surprising, so I think it's Switzerland, not too much of a choice there  Grin
Drokzid

Activity: 931
Merit: 257

HAIL THE KING!

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 01:39:41 PM

Would someone from the team elaborate on where they see the biggest challenges within this Project on a 1, 3 and 5 year period? thanks in advance

For the average business their problems are usually tech related. We won't have a technology barrier as we have demonstrated with our best-in-class https://alpha.eventchain.io demo. So really the challenges will be simply about team and partnership building. These problems are made easier for us by being well funded and in the crypto space early which gives as 'currency' Smiley

Do you have team members who have experience in the ticket industry or working with venues?  It is a difficult space and having someone with connections or experience would go a long way to trying to secure partnerships.  I believe many of the larger venues have multi-year contracts with ticket sellers.

You should check there website. They have a great team included people with experience in the ticket industry.
Like Richard Patterson and the crew of Click4Time (booking system).

The team is solid and will do the work!

Yes, we understand working with Venues can be tough and we have that experience Smiley!

We are working on a partnership with a ticketing giant on a certain island country in Asia right now, so that will be super excitign news coming out soon!

Wanted to remind everyone that we expanded our Bounty Campaign to have new participants in it
Here is a link to the full bounty participation campaign: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2152363.0

To Participate in the new Telegram campaign:

First Join Telegram: T.me/EventChain

And than Submit your details using this form:
https://goo.gl/forms/fG5REXzcTi4fHBQn1

Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AMDDiUVa-UICl5D4y2vp8Gvj9ip-RaRmxqUR9E6jLqg/edit#gid=1934945026

Rules:
1: You must register a real account, and only one reward per telegram user and bitcointalk user.
2: Make an appearance and a post once every day or two days leading up to the ICO September 17th.
3. Fill the Form above with your telegram username and bitcointalk username, submissions will be manually verified.
4. 2 EVC for Joining telegram, and 2 EVC per day for actually participation in the telegram chat easy day - for a total of 16 EVC per week.

Hope to see some new faces in there and get some more personalized discussion Smiley
The link to the Telegram campaign form is broken. The landingpage shows the error "The form STOX Telegram Campaign is no longer accepting responses. Try contacting the owner of the form if you think that this is a mistake."

Is the campaign no longer active? If it is still active could you please fix the form or update the link? Thanks.
You can try this : https://goo.gl/forms/nHZhiV3rRZeYqy313
Thanks, that link seems to work. I have joined Telegram chat some minutes after this post and got instant help by one the devs.

BTC IS KING!
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:58:38 PM

One thing that keeps Eventchain SmarTickets ahead of its competitors is its scalability solutions as it will be distributed to unlimited number of websites in order to reduce site overload that can cause potential crashes.

But it would still be limited by the scalability of Ethereum that it is using, wouldn't it? So for full scalability it would need an update of the Ethereum network?
Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 02:10:36 PM

It would be great if it was France, but that would be surprising, so I think it's Switzerland, not too much of a choice there  Grin

France is still a possibility, if anything i think France is more of a tourist hub than Switzerland.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Joint Force

Activity: 804
Merit: 500

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 02:21:59 PM

One of the important things to see is that EventChain won't use much processing power or data. An event get's created once so that's simple to scale. Tickets get purchased once and redeemed once per user so that isn't too much to handle. Event ticketing is a really good use case for blockchain and will scale even better as blockchain tech itself scales.

After financial money like bitcoin, the next thing to tokenize is event tickets. It's the perfect use case for blockchain.

Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 02:29:23 PM

One of the important things to see is that EventChain won't use much processing power or data. An event get's created once so that's simple to scale. Tickets get purchased once and redeemed once per user so that isn't too much to handle. Event ticketing is a really good use case for blockchain and will scale even better as blockchain tech itself scales.

After financial money like bitcoin, the next thing to tokenize is event tickets. It's the perfect use case for blockchain.

No one though EventChain would utilize a lot of processing power. It's an ETH token, not a POW coin. The question ppl were referring to was in regards to their zero processing fee, cos we all know that it takes gas to send ETH and also a company needs to turn profit. Anyway, like a previous poster already mentioned EC intends to keep a portion of the ticket sales thus the zero processing fee.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
compmaster

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:43:09 PM

France is still a possibility, if anything i think France is more of a tourist hub than Switzerland.

Either one would be sweet!

cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:43:20 PM

i think there is 15% eventchain token reserved for dev and support

At one point these tokens/money will be used up and then? Can't believe there will be no fees Cheesy maybe in the beginning, but at some point they need to add small fees at all.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:05:28 PM

First there will be North America, and in half a year we will be on the European market.

But in which country? North America - you mean USA? ANd which european countries?
lvsca

Activity: 1792
Merit: 293

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 03:27:47 PM

when asian market will be planed? i will waiting for this one.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: