Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:29:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EventChain ⚡Solving Ticketing Problems on the Blockchain  (Read 48084 times)
yaoye0o

Activity: 353
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:41:32 PM

i will try beta verison carefully before i invest ,i keep watching this project for a long time .i think worth to invest
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:08:02 PM

EventChain will have an integrated ticket resale reputation system on a distributed secondary market, allowing event ticket vendors, promoters and fans to build and grow their reputation as they sell Smart Tickets. Scalpers will clearly be identified by their Smart Ticket reputation.

impressed

When you are quoting verbatim from their white paper you should somehow label it as a quote. just my 2 cents  Wink

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
lvsca

Activity: 1792
Merit: 293

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 03:37:45 PM

i've try alpha platform, and how to check my ticket when i purchase some tickets? and, how to use the ticket after purchase it?

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:54:57 PM

EventChain will have an integrated ticket resale reputation system on a distributed secondary market, allowing event ticket vendors, promoters and fans to build and grow their reputation as they sell Smart Tickets. Scalpers will clearly be identified by their Smart Ticket reputation.

impressed

Thats a really nice feature. Think this will only be good after a couple of years.
Dont think people will buy tickets and sell again more then 1-2 each year.

If I buy a ticket, I will only sell it if its something real important and that only happend 1time in 25 years Smiley
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:03:43 PM

Do you also plan to sell tickets with discount?
Yes for token holders
"Provide holders of EVC Tokens with benefits such as early bird tickets, priority seating and discounted pricing. "

Well, there is so much projects right now, and so much to learn about when you're an investor like me that you skip some important information like this by lack of time.

There should be white paper, and whitepaper resume for investor which read dozen of whitepapers per day  Cheesy

Anyway, good information to know  Smiley
Hash()

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:24:49 PM

i've try alpha platform, and how to check my ticket when i purchase some tickets? and, how to use the ticket after purchase it?

In future the ticket barcodes can be scanned, maybe a password or ID check also is associated with it. The event promoters will have different options on how they wish their tickets to be validated. Also tickets can be resold and refunded according to customizeable Smart Ticket rules.
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:43:24 PM

In future the ticket barcodes can be scanned, maybe a password or ID check also is associated with it. The event promoters will have different options on how they wish their tickets to be validated. Also tickets can be resold and refunded according to customizeable Smart Ticket rules.
And in case of event cancelled? I bet you will receive a full cash back, or it's gonna fees are involved? Depends on promoter choice maybe?

▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:52:13 PM

But that still doesnt fix the reselling. Despite reputation system and pegging price of tickets, if just barcode will be used, than you can still print and sell the ticket for 200% profit. You wrote that it will be up to event promoters which system to use, but i think black market problem should be fought form the start of the chain and that will be your platform.

Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:54:05 PM

Do you also plan to sell tickets with discount?
Yes for token holders
"Provide holders of EVC Tokens with benefits such as early bird tickets, priority seating and discounted pricing. "
Nice info, this will be very good incentive for crowdsale participants who aren't sure if they can benefit on crowdsale. Additionally they can buy token at discount price in early stages of ICO  Cheesy
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:59:57 PM

Just leaving that here, if anyone has still doubt about the need of an platform like EventChain:

Tickets for the latest concert of the Stones in Hamburg had ticket prices for up to 23.000 € (these included a handshake with the band members). According to the article the number of tickets sold in the USA from 1996 to 2015 went up 50% from 40 to 60 million tickets sold while the earnings from these sales sextupled!
(Source (German): http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/musik/rolling-stones-in-hamburg-vip-tickets-mit-handshake-fuer-23-000-euro-a-1166918.html)  

Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:24:12 PM

But that still doesnt fix the reselling. Despite reputation system and pegging price of tickets, if just barcode will be used, than you can still print and sell the ticket for 200% profit. You wrote that it will be up to event promoters which system to use, but i think black market problem should be fought form the start of the chain and that will be your platform.

Actually, I wonder if reselling at huge profit can be solved at all. One could simply sidestep the blockchain restriction by putting an advertisement for highly sought after tickets on a 3rd party site asking for additional payment (cash, bank, Paypal, Bitcoin, etc.) before starting the EventChain transaction.

You could attack the problem from another angle, limiting the number of tickets per person, but one can work around that through fake accounts.

Hell, you could ask for a copy of a passport and resellers would start a "photo of your passport for cash" business.
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:48:21 PM

It's nearly impossible I guess, the only thing they can do is to track tickets numbers on secondary ticketing sites and if you get caught you're banned. But on the registration form of EventChain there must me ID verification etc...to impossibilitate more accounts submissions. This can be circumvented very easily but at least it's a band aid

▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:23:25 PM

Eventchain could disturb all the tickets distributors and change the system of this sector. The idea is good, the platform is a necessity so if the team is honest and work hard could really become interesting.
Exactly, ticket venues will be forced to switch to a similar setup, in order to keep up with the times, as their current models will be most likely be outdated, and prone to the many disadvantages listed in the whitepaper, that plague the todays industry.

Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 07:25:14 PM

Actually, I wonder if reselling at huge profit can be solved at all. One could simply sidestep the blockchain restriction by putting an advertisement for highly sought after tickets on a 3rd party site asking for additional payment (cash, bank, Paypal, Bitcoin, etc.) before starting the EventChain transaction.

You could attack the problem from another angle, limiting the number of tickets per person, but one can work around that through fake accounts.

Hell, you could ask for a copy of a passport and resellers would start a "photo of your passport for cash" business.

Truthfully, it will be very hard to stop scalper, but if you can make their job a little more labor intensive then it could possibly have some positive effects. Currently a scalper can see a big act ticket and automatically buy 1000 tickets on one order. however, if said scalper has to provide identification for each of the 1000 ticket, the labor involved might reduce their acquisition from a 1000 to 100.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:40:42 PM

Eventchain can at least reduce a lot scalper and reseller moove. With the authentification and the control on the platform it will be harder for them to get fast benefit. They will have to justify each ticket they want to sell. Eventchain ha a real chance to reduce and control that kind of behavior.
greatteager

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:46:24 PM

Perhaps cooperation with Civic will solve many problems with identity identification.
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:03:04 PM

how will you generate revenue if you don't charge any fee?
What's monetization model?
They get a percentage from the ticket sales, I think, but I'm not 100% sure though. So there is a fee, it's just probably subtracted from the tickets. The whitepaper explains the financial model with great detail. It's actual a very lucrative platform, as they address several issues the ticketing industry is currently facing, and they present a variety of solutions to these issues. It's all done using ethereums foundation,  and the use of smart contracts.

ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:12:09 PM

how will you generate revenue if you don't charge any fee?
What's monetization model?
They get a percentage from the ticket sales, I think, but I'm not 100% sure though. So there is a fee, it's just probably subtracted from the tickets. The whitepaper explains the financial model with great detail. It's actual a very lucrative platform, as they address several issues the ticketing industry is currently facing, and they present a variety of solutions to these issues. It's all done using ethereums foundation,  and the use of smart contracts.
yes, and it is worth considering that under the current situation - A very large commission is charged by organizers and distributors of events, in case of successful creation of EventChain platform , commission will be minimal - this will allow more receiving for artists, and the tickets will be more accessible
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:26:37 PM

Perhaps cooperation with Civic will solve many problems with identity identification.

any collaborations between projects would be great for both, especially for EC. gives great credibility for both.

haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:35:12 PM

any collaborations between projects would be great for both, especially for EC. gives great credibility for both.
Identity identification would be necessary for this project to avoid people buying multiple tickets and then later selling on black markets.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: