Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:40:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do some government ban bitcoin?  (Read 12581 times)
RavenHood

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:54:18 PM

In my opinion, some government ban bitcoin. Because to their laws, jurisdiction and identity. Some users use bitcoin, to do there illegal work, buying drags and smuggle materials and many way more.
Dod Ong

Activity: 323
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:11:34 PM

I See topics about banning and I want to ask.

Is botcoin really that bad? To banned by other countries?
Do the other government in other countries see something bad?
Can bitcoin be used to locate us?and see what we are doing? In short a Spyware.  

I think some government ban the bitcoin or crypto because they want to be fair with other people who had no knowledge about computer. They want all the people fair. But they don't think that the bitcoin help our country and our economy raise up. I want all of the people use bitcoin to earn money in easy way but they need to work hard to earn more money.
misterj

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:19:06 PM

government ban bitcoin simply because they can hold it means that they cannot control us in bitcoin. These factors only shows them that they have no power over us in terms of bitcoin. To maintain power, they remove what causes their weakness which causes for bitcoin to be banned. But if ever the government had a solution to this problem then they would not ban it cause they will profit to it now. While other government embraces the fact that bitcoin is for all and they cannot do something about it, since they could see that their economy is getting better.

██▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄Blockchain Art Platform
█▄▀░░█▄▄▄█▄█▄▀[Twitter]  [Telegram] [Reddit] [Medium]
░░░█▄█▄▄▄█░░█▄█▄▄Tradable Assets  Unique Ownership  Proven Authenticity
valentine401

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:26:24 PM

The government is banning bitcoins for the safety of their country. They are avoiding illegal transactions and because of bitcoins there will be hidden transactions all over the internet that are being made.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:44:59 PM

Generally currencies are backed by the Central bank or by the government of that country.
So it is easy for the central authority to keep a control over the currencies.
Bitcoin is a decentralized, peer to peer operating currency.
So all controls are in the hands of its users, government / central bank has no role to play.
This is the biggest problems of all the governments over the world, they never want to give up their hold over economy. Addition to this, countries like, Australia, China, Japan are facing problems like gun & drugs trafficking, money laundering.
So these countries are planning to put regulations on bitcoin transactions.
Zeke_23

Activity: 868
Merit: 333

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:06:13 PM

Because bitcoin can not be controlled, the government can not control bitcoin, worrying that bitcoin can undermine the economy. And bitcoin is anonymous, Bitcoin is exploited by criminals and the government can not track it.
that is not the reason, actually bitcoin can help the economy of any one's country, it helps every nation to grow unimaginably. some government officials in other countries banned bitcoin because they are just scared because in the future, they know that it will not be controlled by anyone due to its demand.
I guess,Some government's impression about bitcoin is that it's heavily used in money laundering and crimes that's why they ban it. this is every government is own right.i feel that,today and tomorrow it will be legal . 
indeed, bitcoin is used in crimes by sending funds anonymously. we all know that, but its all about the people who used it. we are all hoping that bitcoin become legal around the world. i want to experience the feeling of buying everything i want by the use of bitcoin.
Because if they allowed it, other banks may have been ignore or others if allowed bitcoin some people used this in bad things. But the main cause for me to what government ban bitcoin is to they get no interest from the people who earn bitcoin in other words they got no money .
you mean by collecting tax to the people who use bitcoin and earn money through it? actually that is one of the main advantage of bitcoin, since it is untraceable of whoever send and receives it no one will know who they collect the tax with. that is also why they dont want to support it.  Huh Huh

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AME TRADE HERE
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AME TRADE HERE
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:07:41 PM

They are just afraid to see bitcoin rising and many investors are comming to bitcoin and start withdrawing their money on thae banks and other old investments! and they cant earn on bitcoin for taxes Cheesy
duyduc256

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:10:02 PM

Because Bitcoin can destroy banks' ecosystems and this is not good for governments and leaders, if Bitcoin is widely used in that country, the economy may be affected serious and difficult economic development
earl07

Activity: 168
Merit: 22

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:14:51 PM

i think they just want people not to depend on bitcoin due to its high price than other currency,and also some countries use it for illegal transactions and some are just using bitcoin for scam because they know now a days bitcoin is popular to all countries.

_$ Cheesy BAKIT SAYO GILIW Cheesy$_  
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:21:29 PM

because it is out control of central bank and not depeond on $ or gold or oil
There are lot of reason why they banned bitcoin. One of the reason why they banned it is because they can control and we all know that bitcoin is decentralized where no one can control it. In addition to that,  we all know that bitcoin was tax free so that they banned because they could not get any tax.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
Dark Sky

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:42:11 PM

I always hear this . i want to tell you that some goverment hate this us because they said that bitcoin is only a fraud cryptocurrency yes i agree to goverment because when you see now some investor have an advantage because they know that bch is going increase so they buy bch before the bitcoin goes down i think this is bad and i'm worried about this.
Some government ban bitcoin because they did't want to bitcoin is use in illegal work and harmful for people, because bitcoin is very easily transfer one place to another place and no anyone know to bitcoin's transliteration.

ice_man75

Activity: 150
Merit: 44

ICEMAN - SMART CONTRACTS DEVELOPER

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 03:23:40 PM

Bitcoin is decentralized, thus the government has no control over it. The government wants control over everything, if they can't have control over something they make it look bad and then ban it. All the while making people think that they were doing for the greater good but they weren't. They can't tax it as well thus they can't earn from it as well.

KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:40:42 PM

I think the reason behind the banning of bitcoins from other countries is because of how it is converted to fiat money. Well, that's the case for Philippines. Right now, our government is trying to find a way to regulate the conversion of bitcoins to fiat money. They even tried to drown bitcoins by broadcasting to the masses via the news saying that bitcoins are a form of scam and should not be invested onto. Of course, some of us didn't listen and still pushed through with the investment. People who don't understand resent the idea.

JRoa

Activity: 528

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:13:06 PM

Bitcoin banned by different countries is the reason because Bitcoin uses any identities are i and it illegally uses most people. The use of bitcoin is mostly done by tax evasion of most governments.
I agree with you goverment trying to banned this bitcoin because of the free tax coming from bitcoin and one thing that i know goverment hate or banned the bitcoin is because they theory is bitcoin is only a scam or a big fraud in my country bitcoin is legal so i hope that this bitcoin is legal forever in our country
Yes, getting free tax comin from bitcoin is one of the reason why some government getting banned. Some others reason is the central governments see bitcoin as a threat to their control over the economy, since nobody can control bitcoin as it is decentralized. They can't manipulate bitcoin into doing whatever they tell it to do.
Exactly, The real reason why some of the governments banned bitcoins is because they of the free tax coming from the bitcoin. They say that bitcoin is a threat to financial institution like banks.

sorrowfulnightcries

Activity: 144

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 05:46:20 PM

because it is out control of central bank and not depeond on $ or gold or oil

I agree that bitcoins is banned by the government because it is out of the governments graps to control and moderate it. The government inhibits something outside of their law specially when it comes to economy. But in asia specially in japan bitcoins are widely accepted by their government.

n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:50:12 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 07:34:22 AM by n691309

In my opinion, some government ban bitcoin. Because to their laws, jurisdiction and identity. Some users use bitcoin, to do there illegal work, buying drags and smuggle materials and many way more.
Ban of region cannot stop the progress and bitcoin had proved this thing in past that it is unstoppable and same thing will be continued and the regions which are banning bitcoin they will regret on their decision because bitcoin is the leading way toward the development and progress and banning it means that government is cutting off that bridge bitcoin is not depending on the regions but regions are depending.

I guess in near future, bitcoin will evolve more then governments will start approving it or at least start staying neutral and will ask people to act at their responsibilities.
Dod Ong

Activity: 323

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:45:12 AM

I think why do some government ban the bitcoin in their country, because they think that the bitcoin is unfair to other people who no knowledge about computer. So they think that the other people envy to other people who earned here in bitcoin by posting but some people who are no knowledge about computer and working hard.
peter1

Activity: 127

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:17:09 PM

Because bitcoin is currently tax-deductible, leading to the outflow of capital in many countries, and the majority of bitcoin think it is still a big risk, many governments bar Bitcoin.
nazimmamun

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:28:04 PM

in some country it cause bad effects. and it doesnt depend on gold or oil
FameBroker

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:29:05 PM

Simple answer: They do not want to lose control.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: