Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:46:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Electroneum a SCAM???  (Read 104873 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Born2Pizza

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:44:42 AM

for me electroneum do not say rip-off very first before studying whitepaper because there is a definite description of the project From what I have seen and the white-colored document, I do not think it a scam, but anything can happen, ICO is definitely an investment and investment is danger.
harvw

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:07:10 AM

Checkout Spectrecoin (XSPEC) guys on Cryptopia.

Best performing ICO in 2016 and still pushing forward. It is British and is sure to become the next Monero.

The beginning of a new era.
RonMank

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:53:48 AM

These guys has absolutely nothing to do with Blockchain. They are Social Marketing Expert who see a possibility to collect a insane amount of money in a short time.  I cant believe that this project collected 40 Mio.$
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:08:02 PM

These guys has absolutely nothing to do with Blockchain. They are Social Marketing Expert who see a possibility to collect a insane amount of money in a short time.  I cant believe that this project collected 40 Mio.$

Two Spectre shills in a row trying to ride off ETN, typical
benjaminoo

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Ice Rock Mining - Lifetime Profit

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 01:23:55 PM

Electroneum does look like it could scam the investors. The coin doesn't have that many people wanting to exchange each day.

Wrong. Electroneum has been consistently in the top 3 coins per volume on Cryptopia, transacting more than 100 BTC per day typically.

And if that's too little, the reason why no one exchanges coins is probably due to the miners holding their coins. Right now only mined coins are exchanged. There will be great liquidity and exchange volume once the ICO coins become available in 3-4 weeks.

Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:12:35 PM

Electroneum does look like it could scam the investors. The coin doesn't have that many people wanting to exchange each day.

Wrong. Electroneum has been consistently in the top 3 coins per volume on Cryptopia, transacting more than 100 BTC per day typically.

And if that's too little, the reason why no one exchanges coins is probably due to the miners holding their coins. Right now only mined coins are exchanged. There will be great liquidity and exchange volume once the ICO coins become available in 3-4 weeks.
that's interesting as we will see what path this coin will go after the ico coin got release and how investors will deal with bounty hunters, its too early
to say what this project will go if they succeed or if they will fail the investors,.
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:33:54 PM

I'm not an ICO investor. I have never thought it to be a good idea to send my coins and hope to get them back some day.

Anyway, I've read through the whitepaper since I discovered the coin a few days ago. On paper, it looks very interesting. I can see the appeal of the coin. The only thing I'm really not sure about is the mobile mining part. I mean I use my phone regularly within a day and well, the battery does end up at 30-40% most evenings. I don't see mobile mining as something viable unless you keep your phone plugged in a power source.

That said, they idea to basically use your phone as your payment method for everything and the 2 decimal thing sound pretty good to me.

Been mining it for 3 days straight now, even if the price drops, the difficulty seems to drop as well, making this coin very profitable to mine.

I do have my doubts once the token get released to the investors. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the ICO was 0.01$ per token. So even at a current 3ct, I can see the temptation for investors to dump their coins.

We'll see I guess.
rajjagwani

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:44:30 PM

what was the ico price
Tornand

Activity: 117

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:28:40 PM

what was the ico price

Officially 1 $cent / coin
But you could get up to 50% ICO bonus + referral bonus.
Sparky71

Activity: 104

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:33:21 PM

With 140,000 investors and $40 million USD raised, there are many Watching this company and the hacker one deal closely for the next month.   
jonlorusso

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:16:15 AM

Anyway, I've read through the whitepaper since I discovered the coin a few days ago. On paper, it looks very interesting. I can see the appeal of the coin. The only thing I'm really not sure about is the mobile mining part. I mean I use my phone regularly within a day and well, the battery does end up at 30-40% most evenings. I don't see mobile mining as something viable unless you keep your phone plugged in a power source.

The whitepaper explains that the mobile mining (they call it a "mining experience") is just a simulation. Your CPU  capabilities are sampled and you are credited some number of coins proportionate to this. IMO this is more akin to staking than mining, but it also sounds pretty fishy to me. It was one of the reasons I avoided the ICO.

That said, I do like their "mobile first" approach to crypto. I just think there are a ton of cryptos already and we don't need yet another built by an unknown team.  If you have some value to add, why not improve one of the many great projects already out there. Seems to me like just a money grab.
Mackenzie

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:23:00 AM

Well, I Have faith that the Electroneum is not a scam. They just uprading security for the safety of assets of their investors. I'm still hodling into it until the launching.
Cryptoshaft

Activity: 239

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 04:33:20 AM

it looks like they delayed it on purpose.
maintenance and else just their reason.
maybe they'll run with the money one day
benjaminoo

Activity: 126

Ice Rock Mining - Lifetime Profit

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 02:37:42 PM

I'm not an ICO investor. I have never thought it to be a good idea to send my coins and hope to get them back some day.

That said, they idea to basically use your phone as your payment method for everything and the 2 decimal thing sound pretty good to me.

Been mining it for 3 days straight now, even if the price drops, the difficulty seems to drop as well, making this coin very profitable to mine.

I do have my doubts once the token get released to the investors. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the ICO was 0.01$ per token. So even at a current 3ct, I can see the temptation for investors to dump their coins.

We'll see I guess.

The mobile mining is a mobile mining experience, not real mining. The app continually polls your phone's available CPU capacity and emits coins based on that. So the mining experience is very similar to if were mining for real. A faster phone would get you more coins per day. If you play a very CPU intensive game, your phone would emit less coins over the time you played the game.

In addition to the "background" miner, the app will also have some sort of mining education game that aims to teach the masses how mining works. You'll be able to earn additional coins by playing the game and completing levels. The CEO mentioned that the end goal of the game was to get people to start mining with their own desktop computers.

As for the amount of coins you can mine per day, the CEO mentioned that they will control the supply based on number of miners, difficulty, and current price of an ETN coin. He mentioned that they would allow a maximum earning of about $1 of coins per day. However, that would decrease if competition becomes more. This does not sound like a lot to many people, but many citizens of third world countries could eat 3 meals for $1 per day!

The CEO also mentioned that there are two distinct mining pools - one for CPU/GPU mining and one for mobile meaning. Each contains about 7 billion coins in total. The difficulty in one does not affect the difficulty in another.

Not sure how this is going to play out, having a centralized entity control the coin emission algorithm for about half of the total coin supply, but I have faith in them. Richard has had to take tough decisions in the past few days, but each time he took the best decision for the community as a whole.

Jamjamz30

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:52:47 PM

I do not know, you should invest according to the information you self-study and decide, not to crowd, not follow the feelings and ensure your investment if lost does not affect your real life.

This is right, Actually most of the investors got loss because it is most often happen that they've invested bse on their feelings  not in searching it first about the ico that they are going to invest in. That's why is we need to be careful as musch as possible.
fromholland

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:01:47 PM

Electroneum does look like it could scam the investors.

Watch the video that Sunny Hussain did on his visit to the Electroneum headquarters, it will change your opinion for sure. You can find it on the Electroneum facebook page.

Igor17Krik

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:07:32 PM

I didn't invest a large amount electroneum. Now I don't know where is my coin? Their website now does not work.

▀     ▀       Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising      [   P r ⦿ s t a r t e r .   ]           Invest today. Live tomorrow.       ▀     ▀
▀     ▀            Whitepaper  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram Group  |  Telegram Ann  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |            ▀     ▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
fazzx

Activity: 69

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:54:29 PM

Whats the average amount you guys have invested? I missed the ICO.
ansi

Activity: 882
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:40:58 PM

One of the biggest SCAM ICO of this year, that a sure thing.
They frozen our money (with their SUDDEN 2fa faulty system) the day their blockchain went live (what an innocent coincidence lol).

These guys are professional SCAMMERS, just move on guys.
Thank god my investment wasn't that big. BUT some put their life savings (stupid & deserve to be scammed)

I will never trust these assholes again no matter how the value of the token will be.
ggnorevthx

Activity: 140

Proof-of-Asset Protocol

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:57:26 PM

One of the biggest SCAM ICO of this year, that a sure thing.
They frozen our money (with their SUDDEN 2fa faulty system) the day their blockchain went live (what an innocent coincidence lol).

These guys are professional SCAMMERS, just move on guys.
Thank god my investment wasn't that big. BUT some put their life savings (stupid & deserve to be scammed)

I will never trust these assholes again no matter how the value of the token will be.

You just keep posting the same thing "they are scammers professional ones, etc etc", but I have not seen a singl proof to what you claim. So they had some problems during the blockchain launch. I'm gald they noticed it and are fixing. You say that's not a coincidence that it happened at the lauch. Almost everything related to computers has some kind of problem at launch, something that has been oversighted. Just give it a rest and let tem fix it, or provide proof of your claims.

| World Fintech Startups | Microsoft Azure Partner | $1,5 M Raised During pre-ICO |
     BANKEX - Proof-of-Asset Protocol    
| WHITE PAPER | BLOGSLACKTELEGRAMBITCOINTALKGITHUBTWITTERYOUTUBEFACEBOOK |☰
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: