Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:23:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official CaVirtex.com Thread  (Read 103294 times)
bakada

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:42:52 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 07:00:16 PM by bakada

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
l.j2300

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:31:26 PM

We only verifying Canadian citizens at the present time. Customers can open an account under a Canadian corporation, however, the administrator of the account must be verified and be Canadian.

We are consulting with our legal team as well as our banking and processing partners and are hoping to soon allow Canadian corporations owned by non-Canadians to open accounts.

What about non-resident Canadians with Canadian bank accounts?

If a person has a Canadian bank account as well as government-issued photo ID with a residential address (i.e. driver's licence) and a proof of residential address document that matches the address listed on your identification, this would likely be considered acceptable by our verification department. Hence, bakada may have a point about adding the word "Resident". I will discuss this with my colleagues. Thank you.

Yup, this is why you booted me from your system after validating me and saying it was fine I live abroad.  You then changed your rules.  If your not a Canadian, living in Canada.  Don't bother sending them your ID documents.   

I have a similar issuse.  I am abroad and have been blocked.  I wish a simple Skype video call could do the trick.  And my problem isn't withdrawing money, I don't want cash, I want to deposit money.

Yup thats what I wanted to do.   I was able to deposit a few times.  But then they changed their validation rules to where they want you to have a local utility bill, so I gave up on the idea.   Just use bitstamp.   Its like 4 hour deposits on wires.   Cavirtex is a week, if not more when your depositing over 5k.

4 Hour deposits on wires!? Is this only from the country you are in or is that generally everyone's experience?

I know its bonkers.   It could be because of the time zone relationship.   i.e. my wires go out from Tokyo at 3pm my time, they open somewhere around 5pm my time and the latest I've ever seen it hit my account is 8:30ish.    I know one other person who wires to them from US and had same experience, I've also wired from a Canadian account and it was same day.   Just make sure your wire is done correctly, and your validated prior to sending and hopefully you should get the same.

That's amazingly fast. I never delt with an exchange that does it nearly the same day (especially internationally). From experience with Virtex, they took 2 business days... My only problem that I would have with bitstamp is that I would have to convert my CAD to USD (which is a loss, but would be worth it if the btc price was much less than virtex).
12gaFacelift

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:59:23 PM

Its normal when you make a Withdraw CAD and log back a day later there is nothing in "Open Withdrawal Requests" and no money in the bank account?

Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. ~ *CANADA ONLY* Colloidal Silver Wire Rod - 12 Gauge Pure Silver .9999 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=775964.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.0
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:22:20 PM

Its normal when you make a Withdraw CAD and log back a day later there is nothing in "Open Withdrawal Requests" and no money in the bank account?

Yes this is normal. Give it 3 to 5 business days to show up in your bank account. 
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:14:49 PM

Compared to mt gox or international wire cavirtex moves at light speed

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
bakada

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 01:56:18 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 06:55:44 PM by bakada

bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 04:29:03 PM

sorry I should have added in
an wire transfer from stamps...

Cavirt took 1 day the last time i withdrew from them
and stamps took a week

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
bakada

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:35:43 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 06:35:16 PM by bakada

DannyDisco

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:09:11 AM

I hope this is taken more as constructive criticism, but it is a complaint. I use your service frequently as it is by far the easiest way for Canadians to obtain BTC.

However, are you guys planning on updating the site soon? It seems kind of archaic compared to other trading sites.

Just seems like most other sites are much more fluid when it comes to the trading aspect.

If I have $1000 in my CAD balance, I want to buy $1000 worth of BTC... I don't want to have to manually change the decimals in hopes of getting as close to $1000 as possible. It's 2013, with the amount of computing power we have today, we shouldn't have to manually calculate anything anymore.

Also, it would be really cool to have the order book on the same page used for trading so I can easily see what I am bidding or selling on instead of having 2 pages open and then having to refresh them. Live updates would also be a plus.

Again, it's more constructive critisism. I thank you guys for providing an easy avenue for us canucks to purchase our Bitcoins. I just feel that it might be time to hire a programmer/designer and give CAVirtex a much needed overhaul to keep up with the times. I fear that if another site comes along and does it right, you stand to lose a lot of business.

Thanks for listening and keep up the good work!

_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:15:04 AM

I hope this is taken more as constructive criticism, but it is a complaint. I use your service frequently as it is by far the easiest way for Canadians to obtain BTC.

However, are you guys planning on updating the site soon? It seems kind of archaic compared to other trading sites.

Just seems like most other sites are much more fluid when it comes to the trading aspect.

If I have $1000 in my CAD balance, I want to buy $1000 worth of BTC... I don't want to have to manually change the decimals in hopes of getting as close to $1000 as possible. It's 2013, with the amount of computing power we have today, we shouldn't have to manually calculate anything anymore.

Also, it would be really cool to have the order book on the same page used for trading so I can easily see what I am bidding or selling on instead of having 2 pages open and then having to refresh them. Live updates would also be a plus.

Again, it's more constructive critisism. I thank you guys for providing an easy avenue for us canucks to purchase our Bitcoins. I just feel that it might be time to hire a programmer/designer and give CAVirtex a much needed overhaul to keep up with the times. I fear that if another site comes along and does it right, you stand to lose a lot of business.

Thanks for listening and keep up the good work!

This, this, THIS! This is precisely what I meant to say. You guys are raking in a ton of money with this volume/price increase and as a shareholder I beg you to consider hiring a strong Web developer, if even just on a contract, to bring this website into the 21st century asap. The HavelockInvestments style design with their Web sockets fueled interface is exactly what I'd like to see.
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:27:38 AM

Any troubles with OTP today? I'm logging in per normal but at the secondary page I enter the code and it doesn't work?
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:43:09 PM

Any troubles with OTP today? I'm logging in per normal but at the secondary page I enter the code and it doesn't work?
Works now. Weird. Sure got my heart beating thinking something was wrong.
gnomesick

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:38:05 PM

Out of interest, anyone watching this thread get verified lately?  I realize there is every reason for them to be a little backlogged right now, but upwards of three weeks delay to look at two pieces of identification and place a phone call is... well it's plain slow.

Edit:  Sorry, looking at that again it's a little more negative than I meant to come across.  I just figure that even a single new employee, with no specialized skillset or anything (read: inexpensive), could speed the process up significantly.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:00:01 PM

Out of interest, anyone watching this thread get verified lately?  I realize there is every reason for them to be a little backlogged right now, but upwards of three weeks delay to look at two pieces of identification and place a phone call is... well it's plain slow.

Edit:  Sorry, looking at that again it's a little more negative than I meant to come across.  I just figure that even a single new employee, with no specialized skillset or anything (read: inexpensive), could speed the process up significantly.

Bit weird my verification is weeks behind but other things are on schedule affys and visa division

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Apostata

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:04:38 PM

Curious about this as well, I've been a regular user and level 2 verified account holder with Cavirtex for close to a year, made a deposit 2 weeks ago (significant one, I may add) and w told i had to re-verify.  Basically had to resubmit the same documents that I had already provided a year ago. So I did, but still waiting, meanwhile price has doubled since I sent the funds and have had absolutely no response from my emails, support ticket, or voicemail.  Cavirtex has been a good platform up until now, but their lack of customer service lately has been very discouraging. 

Anyone else getting their verifications completed?  And deposits cleared?
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:33:54 PM

As a shareholder I am thankful that cavirtex has been following the rules so completely
It makes me hopeful that they will be around for the long haul

Perhaps cavirtex could invest in a few ATM'S so that Canadians could find a faster easier way to buy bitcoins.
they seem very lucrative

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
hobbymd

Activity: 259

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:36:03 PM

Works now. Weird. Sure got my heart beating thinking something was wrong.

happened to me today as well  Roll Eyes I thought my phone had sync issues but when i saw your post now I'm pretty sure something is wrong with their end. but i wasn't as lucky as you, instead my account got deactivated  Undecided    now waiting on support to sort it out  with open orders on the market   Angry

Apostata

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:02:37 AM

As a shareholder I am thankful that cavirtex has been following the rules so completely
It makes me hopeful that they will be around for the long haul

Perhaps cavirtex could invest in a few ATM'S so that Canadians could find a faster easier way to buy bitcoins.
they seem very lucrative

Absolutely, and as an investor it is certainly reassuring that they are taking regulations seriously.  However, their lack of customer service is frustrating, and frankly provides a major opportunity for other exchanges to enter the market.  That and and their inability to scale at times of market spikes like this is something I'd be concerned with if I was a shareholder.  And didn't they cancel their dividends?  Surprising for a company that can't seem to keep up with demand  Smiley

Re ATM's I'd be surprised if they paid for themselves fast enough; they require quite the capital outlay upfront. 
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:16:48 AM

Well looks like they are lurking
Speed up announced  Wink

Nov. 28, 2013, 5 p.m. - Speed up Customer Service! - Click to Read

We have just sped up our verification process and re-assigned workload to 6 full time people. Please be patient as over today and tomorrow there will be mass phone verifications conducted as well as ticket responses in the order in which they were received, we are starting our efforts on Nov 18th and project to be caught up by next week. We are devoting our full human resources to make this happen with the addition of 3 more part-time people to make a total of 9 staff working solely on tickets and customer service!

That and a whole message on zero fees which would not be processed because they would be below dust but they caught that one quickly
Just teasing  Wink

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:45:19 AM

Well looks like they are lurking
Speed up announced  Wink

Nov. 28, 2013, 5 p.m. - Speed up Customer Service! - Click to Read

We have just sped up our verification process and re-assigned workload to 6 full time people. Please be patient as over today and tomorrow there will be mass phone verifications conducted as well as ticket responses in the order in which they were received, we are starting our efforts on Nov 18th and project to be caught up by next week. We are devoting our full human resources to make this happen with the addition of 3 more part-time people to make a total of 9 staff working solely on tickets and customer service!

That and a whole message on zero fees which would not be processed because they would be below dust but they caught that one quickly
Just teasing  Wink

Starting on Nov 18...
Unless that's a typo, they got buried in the avalanche the next day. as they try to speed up, the treadmill just speeds up more  Smiley   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: