Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:47:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official CaVirtex.com Thread  (Read 103298 times)
ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:05:51 PM

i have been waiting on verification for level 2 since november 9th.....i have been forgotten. Really need this fixed asap guys....

Doubt if you were forgotten... have you looked at the backlog? It's about a month at current progress rate. Good news is there is a TON of new accounts coming (can you say 'please sir, can we have some volume?'  Grin ) Bad news, they are coming on at a trickle compared to rate of signup over the last 2 months. Just hope the exchange can handle the new levels, since it is barely coping with the current situation. I don't think very many people/entities were prepared for this recent meteoric rise. Hopefully it is a good learning experience, because it is only just beginning.

"Date range we are working on: Nov 23 to Nov 27"

i have been forgotten/overlooked.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:13:15 PM

i have been waiting on verification for level 2 since november 9th.....i have been forgotten. Really need this fixed asap guys....

Doubt if you were forgotten... have you looked at the backlog? It's about a month at current progress rate. Good news is there is a TON of new accounts coming (can you say 'please sir, can we have some volume?'  Grin ) Bad news, they are coming on at a trickle compared to rate of signup over the last 2 months. Just hope the exchange can handle the new levels, since it is barely coping with the current situation. I don't think very many people/entities were prepared for this recent meteoric rise. Hopefully it is a good learning experience, because it is only just beginning.

Ya thats a bit out of range  Shocked
Have you contacted them to see if you are one of the ones waiting for more info?

ugh, called them a few times before this big surge of bitcoin interest and they said it would be 2 or 3 days....then the huge interest came and now i can never get through on the phone.... i get it they are busy, its just annoying.
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 01:22:08 AM

Well I do enjoy these guys, the customer service is horrible....

Which for a cheap exchange wouldn't be a concern. But the high fee's charged. and justified because of the "service we provide" as stated in the beginning is sad....

Also got rid of direct deposit option which I understand is a pain in the ass.

QuickBt is promising. if they open their amount's for verified members. Than Even better!
hobbymd

Activity: 259

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:50:32 AM

Have you contacted them to see if you are one of the ones waiting for more info?

ugh, called them a few times before this big surge of bitcoin interest and they said it would be 2 or 3 days....then the huge interest came and now i can never get through on the phone.... i get it they are busy, its just annoying.

the trading engine is laggy as hell, orders goes into pending and it takes 5 minutes before you can even get to cancel it and on top of it you pay exorbitant trading fees.  I bet today during the crash people lost money because of it.

takagari
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:47:52 AM

the trading engine is laggy as hell, orders goes into pending and it takes 5 minutes before you can even get to cancel it and on top of it you pay exorbitant trading fees.  I bet today during the crash people lost money because of it.

Plus the .001 fee for transferring btc is a bit much for small transfers.

I've got NO problem paying these fee's, But for this much money I'd expect to be able to email and get an answer any time of day/night..
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:11:25 AM

VirtEx News
Dec. 6, 2013, 6:33 p.m. - Verification and Customer Service Update - Dec 6 2013

Total number of verifications outstanding: 1470
Date range we are working on: Nov 23 to Nov 27
Number of staff working: 12 fulltime, 6 part-time
Verifications completed today: 34
Verifications missing info and put into waiting: 44
Outbound Phone Verification calls made: 62
Customer service tickets outstanding: 1,100

Our increased site traffic and trading volume today slowed down the site and our admin, as per our tweet earlier we are upgrading our hardware and connectivity infrastructure next week to drastically speed up the site. We are also starting 3 new staff on the weekend. We are also making headway for third party verification and will have updates next week.
---------

This is excellent news, and it is excellent that we now GET news.  Crazy that the outstanding verifications is going UP though.  Can't wait for the site upgrades...
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:20:09 AM

Maybe having more than "one admin" would help.. lol
zachamo

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:00:35 PM

Can't login.. is the site down-ish?

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:07:42 PM

Maybe having more than "one admin" would help.. lol

Does anyone believe these guys have 12 employees?  Roll Eyes

Seems kind of unlikely considering how slow they are, the fact that nobody seems to be able to find their corporate registration, and some people posting earlier that the address is a fake.

Well since the last post they made on there news page said "Our Admin is swamped" Not our admin team or admins.. lol
zeroedout

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:51:27 PM

I was just verified today. I had all my documents verified yesterday but forgot to put my phone number on my account (and was promptly notified). One of their employees who doesn't work on the weekends decided to log in for a quick little bit to check and did the phone verification with me. That's at noon on a Saturday! Now I call that good service. I can't speak for anyone else's experiences but so far this has been fantastic.

I hope they can ramp up their infrastructure quickly Smiley
CMMPro

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:49:13 AM

Doubt if you were forgotten... have you looked at the backlog? It's about a month at current progress rate. Good news is there is a TON of new accounts coming (can you say 'please sir, can we have some volume?'  Grin ) Bad news, they are coming on at a trickle compared to rate of signup over the last 2 months. Just hope the exchange can handle the new levels, since it is barely coping with the current situation. I don't think very many people/entities were prepared for this recent meteoric rise. Hopefully it is a good learning experience, because it is only just beginning.

Ya thats a bit out of range  Shocked

the trading engine is laggy as hell, orders goes into pending and it takes 5 minutes before you can even get to cancel it and on top of it you pay exorbitant trading fees.  I bet today during the crash people lost money because of it.

I definitely lost money because of the lag...sells placed didn't execute for 20 minutes...buys placed didn't execute for 20 minutes.
In the meantime the open orders log was totally frozen and I placed orders that were totally inappropriate and out of date based on shitty information.

I lost a $130 spread in the worst of it. (Sold at $800, then didn't get my buy order filled for $670.)
I was only playing with 5 btc but that's $650 opportunity lost. Oh and add $100+ worth of fee's that I'll never see again.
I ended up filling my buy at $800 again in desperation to get back in clean and only lost my fee's.

They should refund all fee's from the last two days...total bullshit that they should make money from such shit service.

_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:59:38 AM

Thank you for finally adding the ability to calculate fees before submitting your order!

We need something for withdrawing Bitcoins too now that you've added the fee. Perhaps an "Amount available for withdrawal" that we can easily copy and paste like on Havelock would be the best here.
letunovskeye

Activity: 29

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:39:49 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2013, 08:43:24 AM by letunovskeye

Reading feedback from traders and the cavirtex rep has been interesting and it's good to see a company trying to be responsive to concerns.  That said, I have a question about their verification procedures and one of their terms.

Dec. 5, 2013, 8:55 p.m. - Verification and Customer Service Update - Dec 5 2013

Total number of verifications outstanding: 1460
Date range we are working on: Nov 23 to Nov 27
Number of staff working: 12 fulltime, 6 part-time
Verifications completed today: 81
Verifications missing info and put into waiting: 92
Outbound Phone Verification calls made: 155
Customer service tickets outstanding: 1,190

Verification:  Can cavirtex explain what their verification procedures entail?  From what I've read, customers are expected to send copies of a provincial ID card like driver's license with address + utility bill or tax assessment + enter a valid phone # so that a member of the verification team can call them.   What I would like to know is what goes on behind the scenes such that only 81 verifications can be completed in 1 day?   Is the customer's name and address checked through a background verification service or police database?  

Terms:
ARTICLE 4 - RESTRICTIONS ON SERVICE
4.7 The VirtEx service is not intended to be used by any person under the age of 18 years old or by anyone other than a Canadian citizen. Your use of the VirtEx site shall serve to confirm that you are both 18 years of age or older and a Canadian citizen.

Can the cavirtex rep explain, or can someone else point me to the explanation if already done so, as to why cavirtex is limited to Canadian citizens only?  If you are trying to limit your customer base to residents of Canada only, how about accepting permanent residents who have ID with their address that matches a utility bill?   If you truly limited account creation to Canadian citizens only, to validate this status, wouldn't you need to request a copy of a Canadian passport?

Finally, let's give credit where credit is due - sure the transaction and dormancy fees may be tough to swallow for some, but the fact you offer CAD deposits and withdrawals is a big plus compared to the other Canadian exchange in Ontario that still offers USD only, requiring a customer to swallow hefty exchange rate fees between CAD and USD.  

gog1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:09:44 PM

Is the site down?
Yogafan00000

Activity: 314
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:44:35 PM

Is the site down?

Don't even get me started....  Grin

Message from CEO Joseph David
Our site went down early this morning on Dec 10 2013 at approximately 3:00am(MST). This outage is due to a data center internet connectivity issue that is currently being investigating by their staff with no ETA. The page you are seeing now is being hosted by a different provider to display this message. It is beyond frustrating that our current data center with built in redundancies is having this issue for 4 hours + and affecting all of their clients. This is yet another reason we are upgrading our infrastructure and changing data centers as well as vastly upgrading our hardware. The move is planned for later this week where we will be in 2 new data centers. One for the primary serving and one for redundancy in case the first one goes down. Our nature of business demands as close to 100% uptime that we can achieve and the new infrastructure is planned to come completely online by Dec 13 2013 4:00pm(MST). All announcements related to this will be made on our twitter channel @cavirtex.

Thanks for your understanding and patience

1YogAFA... (oh, nevermind)
_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 03:40:20 PM

For every minute the site is down a tear drops down a young child's face:(
12gaFacelift

Activity: 277

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 03:46:17 PM

im not crying for that place, since "legal (in the province they are in) warrant" say nothing to them, its down then i can be happy.

Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. ~ *CANADA ONLY* Colloidal Silver Wire Rod - 12 Gauge Pure Silver .9999 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=775964.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.0
letunovskeye

Activity: 29

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:10:47 PM

im not crying for that place, since "legal (in the province they are in) warrant" say nothing to them, its down then i can be happy.

I don't understand what you mean about a warrant.
blowstampede

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:36:06 PM

Just got this (I'm a a holder of shares):

NOTICE OF DELISTING

TAKE NOTICE that VTX will be delisted from havelockinvestments.com and all trading in VTX will halt on at 4:00pm (MST) on December 31, 2013 (the "Effective Time") to enable holders at the Effective Time to receive physical share certificates of 1612643 Alberta Inc. (operating as Virtex), a private Alberta company.  On January 6, 2014, VirtEx will provide notice of the delisting and request registration directions from each holder of VTX via email.   It is important to note that registered shareholders have certain rights under the Business Corporations Act (Alberta).  The share certificates to be issued represent non-voting common shares which entitle the holder to receive such dividends or other distributions as may be declared thereon from time to time by the board of directors and to receive a pro rata share of any distribution made upon the voluntary or involuntary liquidation, dissolution or winding-up of VirtEx, or any other distribution of its assets among its shareholders for
  the purpose of winding-up its affairs. The shares represented by the share certificates are not, and will not be for the foreseeable future, listed on a stock exchange and are subject to transfer restrictions under applicable securities laws.

The decision to delist VTX from havelockinvestments.com was made after considering the company's current position and our future business objectives.  As previously disclosed, holders of VTX have always had the right to become a registered shareholder.  Please contact us if you have any questions.

------------------------------------------------------------

Question - How do holders get their shares registered?
Juzzers

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 12:23:17 AM

So am I right in thinking the shares priced in BTC on Havelock are being converted to shares priced in CAD on no exchange, leaving investors with no proper avenue to buy and sell thus essentially locking away their money based on "future business objectives" for which there has been no explanation?

Just got this (I'm a a holder of shares):

NOTICE OF DELISTING

TAKE NOTICE that VTX will be delisted from havelockinvestments.com and all trading in VTX will halt on at 4:00pm (MST) on December 31, 2013 (the "Effective Time") to enable holders at the Effective Time to receive physical share certificates of 1612643 Alberta Inc. (operating as Virtex), a private Alberta company.  On January 6, 2014, VirtEx will provide notice of the delisting and request registration directions from each holder of VTX via email.   It is important to note that registered shareholders have certain rights under the Business Corporations Act (Alberta).  The share certificates to be issued represent non-voting common shares which entitle the holder to receive such dividends or other distributions as may be declared thereon from time to time by the board of directors and to receive a pro rata share of any distribution made upon the voluntary or involuntary liquidation, dissolution or winding-up of VirtEx, or any other distribution of its assets among its shareholders for
  the purpose of winding-up its affairs. The shares represented by the share certificates are not, and will not be for the foreseeable future, listed on a stock exchange and are subject to transfer restrictions under applicable securities laws.

The decision to delist VTX from havelockinvestments.com was made after considering the company's current position and our future business objectives.  As previously disclosed, holders of VTX have always had the right to become a registered shareholder.  Please contact us if you have any questions.

------------------------------------------------------------

Question - How do holders get their shares registered?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: