Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:40:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official CaVirtex.com Thread  (Read 103296 times)
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:57:21 PM

As a shareholder I am thankful that cavirtex has been following the rules so completely
It makes me hopeful that they will be around for the long haul

Perhaps cavirtex could invest in a few ATM'S so that Canadians could find a faster easier way to buy bitcoins.
they seem very lucrative

Absolutely, and as an investor it is certainly reassuring that they are taking regulations seriously.  However, their lack of customer service is frustrating, and frankly provides a major opportunity for other exchanges to enter the market.  That and and their inability to scale at times of market spikes like this is something I'd be concerned with if I was a shareholder.  And didn't they cancel their dividends?  Surprising for a company that can't seem to keep up with demand  Smiley

Re ATM's I'd be surprised if they paid for themselves fast enough; they require quite the capital outlay upfront. 

Dont know if i remember the news correctly
I think the ATM's cost 20 thousand each, but the bitcoiniacs one in vancouver did 100 thousand in one week with a 3% fee
.... doesnt sound slow to me, when you count that it add a cash deposit service that cavirtex has problems fulfilling quickly.

the dividend cancel  however was supposedly to pay for bond of some sort to banks so that cavirtex could continue doing business with them.
makes sense, and is probably the reason that they offerred IPO shares in the first place.

I dont see them cancelling dividend payments anymore, their profit over the past months must have been tremendous.... probably doubled their yearly revenue =)

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Apostata

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:26:08 PM

As a shareholder I am thankful that cavirtex has been following the rules so completely

Perhaps cavirtex could invest in a few ATM'S so that Canadians could find a faster easier way to buy bitcoins.
they seem very lucrative

Absolutely, and as an investor it is certainly reassuring that they are taking regulations seriously.  However, their lack of customer service is frustrating, and frankly provides a major opportunity for other exchanges to enter the market.  That and and their inability to scale at times of market spikes like this is something I'd be concerned with if I was a shareholder.  And didn't they cancel their dividends?  Surprising for a company that can't seem to keep up with demand  Smiley

Re ATM's I'd be surprised if they paid for themselves fast enough; they require quite the capital outlay upfront. 

I think the ATM's cost 20 thousand each, but the bitcoiniacs one in vancouver did 100 thousand in one week with a 3% fee
.... doesnt sound slow to me, when you count that it add a cash deposit service that cavirtex has problems fulfilling quickly.

the dividend cancel  however was supposedly to pay for bond of some sort to banks so that cavirtex could continue doing business with them.
makes sense, and is probably the reason that they offerred IPO shares in the first place.

I dont see them cancelling dividend payments anymore, their profit over the past months must have been tremendous.... probably doubled their yearly revenue =)

I stand corrected, in fact only $5000 for the machines by Lamassu https://lamassu.is/  Based on that they pay for themselves in a week and a half!  So I've just ordered a dozen  Smiley.  But in Canada there is no regulation on these machines, the palm print and $3000 daily limit is just to be safe. 

Btw the machine in Vancouver uses Bitstamp exchange not Cavirtex. 
_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:36:44 PM

What the heck is up with this razor thin bid wall on virtex:http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/virtexCAD.html

Are they not processing deposits or something? Still waiting for mine to go through that should have cleared by now.
_mr_e
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:37:12 PM

they seem very lucrative

I stand corrected, in fact only $5000 for the machines by Lamassu https://lamassu.is/  Based on that they pay for themselves in a week and a half!  So I've just ordered a dozen  Smiley.  But in Canada there is no regulation on these machines, the palm print and $3000 daily limit is just to be safe. 

Btw the machine in Vancouver uses Bitstamp exchange not Cavirtex. 

Why would they not be using virtex? Or both?
Apostata

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:55:44 PM

Nope, AFAICT Bitstamp.  And, I believe they use the Robocoin ATM which has a cost closer to $20k

The machines are built to work specifically with certain exchanges and the Robocoin is Mt Gox and BitStamp
hobbymd

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:39:04 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 06:08:36 PM by hobbymd

Well looks like they are lurking
Speed up announced  Wink

Nov. 28, 2013, 5 p.m. - Speed up Customer Service! - Click to Read

We have just sped up our verification process and re-assigned workload to 6 full time people. Please be patient as over today and tomorrow there will be mass phone verifications conducted as well as ticket responses in the order in which they were received, we are starting our efforts on Nov 18th and project to be caught up by next week. We are devoting our full human resources to make this happen with the addition of 3 more part-time people to make a total of 9 staff working solely on tickets and customer service!

That and a whole message on zero fees which would not be processed because they would be below dust but they caught that one quickly
Just teasing  Wink

customer service  Grin my ass, seriously I opened a ticket 24 hours ago and still waiting for the response problem to be solved !!!   Yea I believe they got 6 FULL time people sitting there helping customers Grin  even worse nobody answers any phone calls  Roll Eyes  

They have long way to go before they understand what customer service means!!!!
acorcos

Activity: 453

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:48:59 PM

Jack, any news on when you might start distributing some dividends? I appreciate re-investment in the company but how about a little something for the investors. We've been patient and all we're seeing is a drop in the stock price.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:21:00 PM

they seem very lucrative

Absolutely, and as an investor it is certainly reassuring that they are taking regulations seriously.  However, their lack of customer service is frustrating, and frankly provides a major opportunity for other exchanges to enter the market.  That and and their inability to scale at times of market spikes like this is something I'd be concerned with if I was a shareholder.  And didn't they cancel their dividends?  Surprising for a company that can't seem to keep up with demand  Smiley

the dividend cancel  however was supposedly to pay for bond of some sort to banks so that cavirtex could continue doing business with them.

Actually its 1 million so on a scale where it paid for itself I admit I almost want to buy one and then rent the area because it looks like it will make money
http://www.techi.com/2013/11/worlds-first-bitcoin-atm-exceeds-1-million-in-transactions-within-a-month/

That said hope they keep the complimentary service on deposits with trade volume requirements they need to compete with their fee structure as well so that little income differential is not much of a cost.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Yogafan00000

Activity: 314
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:59:01 PM

Your new 'mining fees' are outrageous.  Ten times  Huh the recommended transaction fee amount for a Bitcoin withdrawal?

C'mon guys, you are starting to make paypal look good.

1YogAFA... (oh, nevermind)
_mr_e
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:01:21 PM

Yeah what the hell!? You guys wrote 0.001, did you not mean 0.0001?
hobbymd

Activity: 259

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:05:28 PM

Your new 'mining fees' are outrageous.  Ten times  Huh the recommended transaction fee amount for a Bitcoin withdrawal?

C'mon guys, you are starting to make paypal look good.

you should try their support then  Grin    at least at Paypal you get service for what you pay
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:06:22 PM

I know that bitcoini act used bitstamp

That is why I am hoping cavirtex sets up ATM'S to go along with their debit cards...  liquidity would be so much greater

He'll maybe I'll look into starting a business like this myself
5k a machine could pay itself off in almost any place with a population 1/10th vancouver size.

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
Apostata

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:41:47 PM

I know that bitcoini act used bitstamp

That is why I am hoping cavirtex sets up ATM'S to go along with their debit cards...  liquidity would be so much greater

He'll maybe I'll look into starting a business like this myself
5k a machine could pay itself off in almost any place with a population 1/10th vancouver size.

Remember a few things though:

1. The first machine received a MASSIVE amount of media attention, the next ones won't, and the novelty will probably wear off quickly
2. The Vancouver machine was launched at the beginning of a MASSIVE rally, people won't be lining up during crashes or periods of sideways movements
3. You have to have infrastructure in place to deal with loading BTC and removing the cash. 
4. ATM placement is very competitive, and are used for money laundering by criminal groups regularly

Certainly less painful than the recent service issues with Cavirtex though (yes I brought that up again  Smiley )

Bottom line could be lucrative, but not without challenges

bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:31:52 PM

Yeah what the hell!? You guys wrote 0.001, did you not mean 0.0001?

Total <8

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
wmcleod

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:44:32 AM

i really wish us in america had an exchange like cavirtex.com

i've checked it out and it looks great.   love that they're a registered business in canada.  full transparency is cool.
minutetaker

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:29:29 AM

Im an Australian citizen and it really sucks that I can't use CaVirtex.  I think you guys should change this...
miyamoto

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:26:30 PM

Speed up announced  Wink

We have just sped up our verification process and re-assigned workload to 6 full time people. Please be patient as over today and tomorrow there will be mass phone verifications conducted as well as ticket responses in the order in which they were received, we are starting our efforts on Nov 18th and project to be caught up by next week. We are devoting our full human resources to make this happen with the addition of 3 more part-time people to make a total of 9 staff working solely on tickets and customer service!

That and a whole message on zero fees which would not be processed because they would be below dust but they caught that one quickly
Just teasing  Wink

customer service  Grin my ass, seriously I opened a ticket 24 hours ago and still waiting for the response problem to be solved !!!   Yea I believe they got 6 FULL time people sitting there helping customers Grin  even worse nobody answers any phone calls  Roll Eyes  

Have you listened to the new voicemail message from Joseph David?  What a completely condescending, arrogant way to handle interaction with his customers.  It's like he is blaming customers for his lack of customer service.  I have never, ever seen a business operate with such a complete disregard for their customers.  They are not answering phone calls, emails, support tickets, and I have been a verified client for almost a year.  Way to treat your customers, Cavirtex. 

Your fees are outrageous; there is no excuse not to have adequate customer service.  I was lucky enough to get through to a representative a couple of weeks ago, who told me the reason they are so behind is because they had people on holidays. 

Cavirtex, you have a reputation for being a good exchange, but you are also developing a reputation for having a complete disregard for customer service. I beg you; please, please change your customer service standards.  If you don't I can guarantee other exchanges will begin popping up in Canada who will be happy to properly service the market, and not charge ridiculous fees to do so.
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:36:24 PM

Speed up announced  Wink

Just teasing  Wink

Have you listened to the new voicemail message from Joseph David?  What a completely condescending, arrogant way to handle interaction with his customers.  It's like he is blaming customers for his lack of customer service.  I have never, ever seen a business operate with such a complete disregard for their customers.  They are not answering phone calls, emails, support tickets, and I have been a verified client for almost a year.  Way to treat your customers, Cavirtex. 

Your fees are outrageous; there is no excuse not to have adequate customer service.  I was lucky enough to get through to a representative a couple of weeks ago, who told me the reason they are so behind is because they had people on holidays. 

Cavirtex, you have a reputation for being a good exchange, but you are also developing a reputation for having a complete disregard for customer service. I beg you; please, please change your customer service standards.  If you don't I can guarantee other exchanges will begin popping up in Canada who will be happy to properly service the market, and not charge ridiculous fees to do so.

Wow.... you must be really new to the bitcoin community if you think cavirtex has bad customer service.

If you were in an industry that grows 10 fold in a month and can collapse in a day would you be able to keep up.

As for fees transfer and trading        BALLS

But hey if it allows cavirtex to grow into a mature trading platform I can live with it

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:45:25 PM

.. Sorry about the new post
I'm just whitewashing the obvious problems
Hate it when I reread myself and realize I'm trolling

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
miyamoto

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 04:17:21 AM

.. Sorry about the new post
I'm just whitewashing the obvious problems
Hate it when I reread myself and realize I'm trolling

I know the feeling...I too hate to be a troll and i haven't used the forum much since I signed up earlier this year but I've been reading the problems other people are having with their customer service and just had to chime in. 

Please Cavirtex, no more excuses, just work through your issues Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: