Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:22:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 201 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Experiences with CoinsMarkets.com?  (Read 60625 times)
stfN2128

Activity: 882
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:21:40 PM

"Hosting/domain fixed , we will keep same host , new host will be back up , fixing last DB issue."

ah, it means a few hours and everything is fine.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
inheritor

Activity: 161
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:38:18 PM

"Hosting/domain fixed , we will keep same host , new host will be back up , fixing last DB issue."

I bet next message will be about a problem with the hosting again.
Isle of Groestl

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:01:06 PM

Shit like this witch hunt is the reason why coinsmarkets is taking such a long ass time to come back online.

1) People fudding coinsmarkets leads to

2) Gandi repossessing coinsmarkets.com which leads to

3) The Coinsmarkets team fighting several days to take back possession of coinsmarkets.com which leads to

4) The Coinsmarkets team spending several more days trying to find a more reasonable and secure web host that respects privacy (anonymousspeech - https://www.anonymousspeech.com/) which leads up to

5) The Coinsmarkets team having to reconfigure everything all fucking over again which will take several more days.

6) Also, guess what? You guys are bitching about how before the database was fixed and now it's corrupted again? Well, guess what, when switching web hosts, your database is at risk for corruption during the switch -

6a) "Key #4. Database: There’s risk where your database could be corrupted during the switch. For the ease of discussion we will focus on just WordPress in this point."

6b) Source: https://www.webhostingsecretrevealed.net/blog/web-hosting-guides/switching-web-host/

7) So what's the result? It'll take even more days for the database to be functional again.

Now let's do the math, I'll LOWBALL it all and say it should take no more than 2-3 BUSINESS days to fix the problems aforementioned.

i) coinsmarkets team fighting gandi for possession of the coinsmarkets.com domain (3 days)
ii) coinsmarkets team spends time researching for a webhost and finds one (2 days)
iii) coinsmarkets team now has to reconfigure their servers (2-3 days)
iv) coinsmarkets team now has to fix the database corruption that occurred DUE to the webhost switching (3-4 days)

Adding all of that up together, it appears to be anywhere from 10-12 BUSINESS days, so when you include waiting for Saturday & Sunday to pass, it's more like 14-16 days of wasted time.

I'm also sure I missed a few spots, but in any case, let that sink in for you guys. If it weren't for us fucking with Gandi:

a) coinsmarkets.com wouldn't have been repossessed
b) coinsmarkets team wouldn't have had to find another, more reliable webhost
c) coinsmarkets team wouldn't have had to reconfigure their servers FOR the new webhost
d) coinsmarkets team wouldn't have had to fix database corruption (which they fixed for Gandi) FOR the new webhost (anonymousspeech)

That's the summary of all of this. You are your own worst enemy. I completely agree that coinsmarkets sucked ass at fucking communicating, but now you have to realize that we shot ourselves in the foot by playing with fire. We could've just waited patiently and everything would've been done by late/end of January. Instead, we're now approaching mid-February and it might take a little while longer.

At the very minimum we've cost the team 2 whole weeks' worth of time...But considering how inefficient and small the coinsmarkets team is, a more realistic expectation is to take the amount of time wasted and add another week to it, so 3 weeks give or take a few days.

Disagree.
This is the type of post CoinsMarkets likes to use as an excuse to not come back.
At this point they're playing the victim.

If these are real issues, and CM wants to come back, they could beef up their communication.

Next . .
stfN2128

Activity: 882
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:35:31 PM

I bet next message will be about a problem with the hosting again.

yah, if it were not so sad that so many people hold much money on that exchange it would be funny what they do.
pierrexp81

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:28:18 PM

Guys,

just calm down, the site ll be back online.

If the site isn t online right now, it s because YOU make them get problems to restore it!

How they can make back a website if everybody contact hosters, registrars, etc?

The balances are still there, and they try to make it back again, it s a fact. So do you really think that taking lawers, calling police, or anything will help?

If police take the servers, for SURE we wont get back our coins...it s going to take years...

So just WAIT a few more days, and don t make harder the work to get back alive this exchange.
cefinnell01

Activity: 114
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:33:15 PM

I don't see how people do not understand that CoinsMarkets lack of communication is what drives it's former customers to seek retribution. No mater what form it takes. The fact that they still do not communicate, or at the least give some form of updates in the face of all the threats, tells me one thing for sure, "they don't give a shit". I have no clue if they will come back or not, but their utter disregard for their clients is what fuels so much of the FUD. Too many people lost money, which increases the probability of having more clients who simply can't deal with the loss and resort to other means of compensation. Small updates every couple of days would mitigate so much of these behaviors.
FoundationOfMind

Activity: 51

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:46:28 PM

Look at bigtrail scam https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7wlo19/the_bitgrail_hack_was_months_ago_bomber_defrauded/
We re basically experiencing the same thing, a fraud.
So, why is everything stagnant again and we re not doing anything.
Report coinsmarkets to the dutch authorities

for the netherlands call 0900-8844 and for outside call 0031-343578844.

Also, Fredista, are you there? Do you have any news?
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:08:23 PM

Look at bigtrail scam https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7wlo19/the_bitgrail_hack_was_months_ago_bomber_defrauded/

Guys, at this point, I would advise the same. Yes, it is true, the argument is that if authorities step in, then it will be long delays and you may never see your funds soon, if at all.

But the opposite end, if they are really trying to exit scam and you do nothing, then you definitely get nothing back.

Let this be a lesson to them and others, for the betterment of the community. I agree. Make the calls. Report them.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
cryptocoinscity

Activity: 158

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:22:25 PM

Hi All,

CryptoCoinsCity has prepared a migration-sheet to help all users of CoinsMarkets to migrate their
coins from there. Set up your wallets and register other Exchange accounts to be able to quickly
withdraw the coins when CoinsMarkets comes online or offers a withdraw possibility.

Link: http://cryptocoinscity.com/CoinsMarketsMigration.html

good luck,
cryptocoinscity.

hi, i hope you get cancer twice and die

Dear Fleer,

I cant believe that full members react like this to people who are
actually doing them a favour. You might disagree with these proposed
actions but then mention that instead of stupidly lashing out.
I have accepted my losses in CoinsMarkets and have moved on. Maybe
its time you guys do that too instead of obssessive visiting this forum.
We are all adults and knew very well the risks we were taking.

Btw: Reports to the Police are useless. I have tried to report it here
to the national Police Department 14 days ago and they do nothing with it.

Take Care,
CryptoCoinsCity.
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:29:57 PM

Main problem with current coinsmarket situation is lack of comunication from owners or people runing the show,thus making easier for people to spread fud arround it.Yes i get it that if a owned comes out he would probably get a lot of threats and insults but at least some offical statement from anyone involved in it is still better then changing the baner on site every 2 weeks...
praetor_delius

Activity: 57
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:28:58 PM

Shit like this witch hunt is the reason why coinsmarkets is taking such a long ass time to come back online.

3) The Coinsmarkets team fighting several days to take back possession of coinsmarkets.com which leads to

4) The Coinsmarkets team spending several more days trying to find a more reasonable and secure web host that respects privacy (anonymousspeech - https://www.anonymousspeech.com/) which leads up to

5) The Coinsmarkets team having to reconfigure everything all fucking over again which will take several more days.

6) Also, guess what? You guys are bitching about how before the database was fixed and now it's corrupted again? Well, guess what, when switching web hosts, your database is at risk for corruption during the switch -

6a) "Key #4. Database: There’s risk where your database could be corrupted during the switch. For the ease of discussion we will focus on just WordPress in this point."

6b) Source: https://www.webhostingsecretrevealed.net/blog/web-hosting-guides/switching-web-host/

7) So what's the result? It'll take even more days for the database to be functional again.

Now let's do the math, I'll LOWBALL it all and say it should take no more than 2-3 BUSINESS days to fix the problems aforementioned.

i) coinsmarkets team fighting gandi for possession of the coinsmarkets.com domain (3 days)
ii) coinsmarkets team spends time researching for a webhost and finds one (2 days)
iv) coinsmarkets team now has to fix the database corruption that occurred DUE to the webhost switching (3-4 days)

Adding all of that up together, it appears to be anywhere from 10-12 BUSINESS days, so when you include waiting for Saturday & Sunday to pass, it's more like 14-16 days of wasted time.

I'm also sure I missed a few spots, but in any case, let that sink in for you guys. If it weren't for us fucking with Gandi:

c) coinsmarkets team wouldn't have had to reconfigure their servers FOR the new webhost
d) coinsmarkets team wouldn't have had to fix database corruption (which they fixed for Gandi) FOR the new webhost (anonymousspeech)

That's the summary of all of this. You are your own worst enemy. I completely agree that coinsmarkets sucked ass at fucking communicating, but now you have to realize that we shot ourselves in the foot by playing with fire. We could've just waited patiently and everything would've been done by late/end of January. Instead, we're now approaching mid-February and it might take a little while longer.

At the very minimum we've cost the team 2 whole weeks' worth of time...But considering how inefficient and small the coinsmarkets team is, a more realistic expectation is to take the amount of time wasted and add another week to it, so 3 weeks give or take a few days.

Binance came back in a day. Just saying. Thanks for wasting my time with your essay defending them.

Does Binance have a team consisting of only one, mostly absent, senior support, 4 general support, 1 admin, and 1 coder or do you think it's more likely that they have entire sections of people for each field mentioned? Not just that, but every single one of the Binance devs are much more technically proficient than Coinsmarkets' single developer.

Binance also didn't have to deal with any hosting issues...but you know what, thanks for pretty much wasting my time with your trolling comment.
Fredista

Activity: 42
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:55:39 PM

Guys, at this point, I would advise the same. Yes, it is true, the argument is that if authorities step in, then it will be long delays and you may never see your funds soon, if at all.

But the opposite end, if they are really trying to exit scam and you do nothing, then you definitely get nothing back.

Let this be a lesson to them and others, for the betterment of the community. I agree. Make the calls. Report them.

yes im here, for everybody read this please! yes in the beginning of this i did my homework already about coinsmarkets! some people told me to backoff some did not. so i did choose to backoff and give them a chance!.
Seems now that i was on the right track, so i will start everything up again!, oh by the way yes i was the guy that did go to the surinamestraat, yes i did made first contact with the host & gandhi.

i was also in the first stage off this with some people that i know of the dutch authorities ( it can speed things up if you know the right people! )

As in my last post on bitcointalk i want to make this clear again, please let the people that want to take some action 2 coinsmarkets do their thing. if you believe, it's your choice i'll respect that.

For now i want to make this clear!

Everybody wants their coins/money back, even if we can't get the coins back, the people behind coinsmarkets deserve to be in court. what im thinking that the coins are lost! deal with it but we all together need to agree that we don't let them get away with this.

First stage
I did register a domain coinsmarkets-exit.nl, i will setup a simple wordpress website on it so people can sign up for legal actions & also they make clear how much they lost.
Also everybody needs to left their contact information behind for me so when i go to the CIE ( criminele inlichtingen eenheid ) i can present all the information.

For the no dutch, criminele inlichtingen eenheid, is like the FBI/CIA.

second stage

i'll setup a official fundraiser to get us a special dutch lawyer, i have some big office in mind on the zuidas, amsterdam with some people that how to deal with this. Yes it will cost us money, for example one of those lawyers does have a hour rate of +/- 200 euro's per hour.
It's alot of money i know but i think we al agree that we don't be penny wise pound foolish.

third stage

I will setup the lawyers(s) with the contact's i have made already. and also in this stage i want to setup a private info channel so the CIE (dutch authority ) can maybe use this.

where i need help..

i need a 1 or 2 dutch people that's want to work with me on this, if something happens the other person can take over! i need a USA guy that is free to response if it's needed!

Also if somebody have some time over, work with me on the wordpress site,  i think we need a custom plugin so people can give the information about the coins they lost.

Don't know if the site is up how my hosting will do cause i have a small plan for this.  We need to fund this too or find somebody that can provide us a bigger hosting ( don't wanna be like coinsmarkets)

NOTE: i did read much about telegram/facebook groups and more, IF we cannot make it happen that we work as a team together this does not have any chance! and even if it does it takes to much time! and once again i have the contacts with people that are maybe gonna pick this up faster. This ain't USA police, not enough people, not enough IT people with dutch government, the only chance we have is the CIE working with the FIOD.

Oh and at last, yes i did lost coins to, but my ex girlfriend did stole my laptop with my business email so even i when coinsmarkets comes back online i have no chance to get my mail changed. Ain't doing this to get better of it, i will setup

grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:46:50 AM

That seems like a really scattered approach and it doesn't make a lot of sense.  CM has a history of being slow and having technical issues.  What about all the wallets that are still there with no sign of offloading?  I'm not saying there hasn't been damage done.  There needs to be compensation by this point.  CM needs to communicate better and find a way to make this right but I'm in the camp that says police and lawyers are not going to make this situation better.  At least not yet. 

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
sunsetblues

Merit: 12

Live life to the fullest and focus on the positive

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:51:23 AM

They could have manually returned all user coins to their accounts 10 x's over by now but they haven't.
They could have come clean about who they are and built community trust but they haven't.
They could have gave us regular updates on this forum and stopped the complaints but they haven't.
They could have hired a company with great reputation from upwork.com to fix all their problems but they haven't.
Why? Because they have our money and refuse to return it. Saying its the users fault is BS...

Have faith in humanity and never lose hope.
alphaboss

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:35:44 AM

All US citizens affected, report CoinsMarkets to the FBI - https://www.fbi.gov/tips

Few people already did, more the better.
l3eix

Activity: 73

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:29:37 AM

yes im here, for everybody read this please! yes in the beginning of this i did my homework already about coinsmarkets! some people told me to backoff some did not. so i did choose to backoff and give them a chance!.
Seems now that i was on the right track, so i will start everything up again!, oh by the way yes i was the guy that did go to the surinamestraat, yes i did made first contact with the host & gandhi.

i was also in the first stage off this with some people that i know of the dutch authorities ( it can speed things up if you know the right people! )

As in my last post on bitcointalk i want to make this clear again, please let the people that want to take some action 2 coinsmarkets do their thing. if you believe, it's your choice i'll respect that.

Everybody wants their coins/money back, even if we can't get the coins back, the people behind coinsmarkets deserve to be in court. what im thinking that the coins are lost! deal with it but we all together need to agree that we don't let them get away with this.

First stage
I did register a domain coinsmarkets-exit.nl, i will setup a simple wordpress website on it so people can sign up for legal actions & also they make clear how much they lost.
Also everybody needs to left their contact information behind for me so when i go to the CIE ( criminele inlichtingen eenheid ) i can present all the information.

second stage

i'll setup a official fundraiser to get us a special dutch lawyer, i have some big office in mind on the zuidas, amsterdam with some people that how to deal with this. Yes it will cost us money, for example one of those lawyers does have a hour rate of +/- 200 euro's per hour.
It's alot of money i know but i think we al agree that we don't be penny wise pound foolish.

third stage

I will setup the lawyers(s) with the contact's i have made already. and also in this stage i want to setup a private info channel so the CIE (dutch authority ) can maybe use this.

where i need help..

i need a 1 or 2 dutch people that's want to work with me on this, if something happens the other person can take over! i need a USA guy that is free to response if it's needed!

Also if somebody have some time over, work with me on the wordpress site,  i think we need a custom plugin so people can give the information about the coins they lost.

Don't know if the site is up how my hosting will do cause i have a small plan for this.  We need to fund this too or find somebody that can provide us a bigger hosting ( don't wanna be like coinsmarkets)

NOTE: i did read much about telegram/facebook groups and more, IF we cannot make it happen that we work as a team together this does not have any chance! and even if it does it takes to much time! and once again i have the contacts with people that are maybe gonna pick this up faster. This ain't USA police, not enough people, not enough IT people with dutch government, the only chance we have is the CIE working with the FIOD.

Oh and at last, yes i did lost coins to, but my ex girlfriend did stole my laptop with my business email so even i when coinsmarkets comes back online i have no chance to get my mail changed. Ain't doing this to get better of it, i will setup

Shut it
I need my coins back and police won't do it when they are working on the site now!
blasterspewpew

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:13:21 AM

I wonder how many people that want to take "legal actions" have actually read terms and conditions on CoinsMarkets.

oh by the way yes i was the guy that did go to the surinamestraat, yes i did made first contact with the host & gandhi.

And after reading things like this, I'm beginning to believe that there is nothing worse than an idiot with initiative.
sunsetblues

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:15:14 AM

First stage

second stage

third stage

where i need help..

Shut it
I need my coins back and police won't do it when they are working on the site now!

Shut it? If you think they're working on the servers to return your coins you're delusional. They could've manually returned all user coins a month ago if they wanted to. The only way you're getting your coins back is from pressure from the community. Don't be a sheep be a tiger.

sunsetblues

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:20:19 AM

I wonder how many people that want to take "legal actions" have actually read terms and conditions on CoinsMarkets.

oh by the way yes i was the guy that did go to the surinamestraat, yes i did made first contact with the host & gandhi.

And after reading things like this, I'm beginning to believe that there is nothing worse than an idiot with initiative.

Oh, my terms of service says I can shot a guy dead on 5th ave and its okay, but does it make it legal? Hell no....

They can take their terms and shove it - theft is theft...

blasterspewpew

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:35:23 AM

Oh, my terms of service says I can shot a guy dead on 5th ave and its okay, but does it make it legal? Hell no....

They can take their terms and shove it - theft is theft...

Legally there was no theft yet. No money or valuable commodities were involved. By their terms (to which you agreed, by the way by creating an account) they have no obligation to notify you about changes or discontinuation of the functionality of the website (trade engine being offline, removing withdrawal script etc) and they may change or terminate said functionality without liability from their part.

The problem with altcoin exchange is that it's not fully covered or regulated by laws. If there was money involved we would have a lot more solid case. But altcoins are not money, They are not even considered tradeable commodities or currencies (except for some countries, i.e. Japan and S.Korea).
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 201 »
  Print  

Jump to: