Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:24:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 201 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Experiences with CoinsMarkets.com?  (Read 60628 times)
qf3l3k

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:46:07 PM

Waiting patiently for Coinsmarkets.com to come back live!

This morning, website coinsmarkets.com can't loading caz error "This site can’t be reached". Do you not believe it's scam!??
This is the new http://185.66.140.234/walletstatus.php

That's hilarious. I should have thought of that, clone CM website and host it on my own server to steal everyone's login info for if/when CM comes back online.

great idea, unfortunately if they don't come back all the data you would gather is as useful as your own login credentials Grin

Everything, he completely died. I feel sorry for those who have kept their coins there. website-analyzer shows that this domain is not available. https://coinsmarkets.com.cutestat.com/
It "died" because some not very bright people wrote complaints to registrar (Gandi) claiming that coinsmarkets was a fraud. Registrar has put domain on hold because of all those complaints. The old CM servers are still accesable via ip: http://185.66.140.234

My bet is CM will use another domain and hosting in future.

If CM would be legit business then should be no problem to explain situation to hosting company, don't you think so?
As they failed to communicate with hosting, we can observe results of that. Hosting doesn't rely on some email send by some people about potential scam. That way you can send email to any hosting company and stop any service... try to do that and you will see it is not that easy.

i think cm is legit business in the crypto world, but is illegit in the state world... they have an anonimus exchange and don't pay tax... and this is the problem becouse the host blocked the domain...

it also seems they provided fake details for domain registration... in that case hard to blame hosting to block domain registered with fake details.
on the other hand until they cash-out and change crypto to fiat there is no tax obligation, so they could work out way how to handle that by registering company in certain location(s) to optimise tax.

anyway... it is interesting to observe what will happen next, but I don't have high hopes since the beginning that it will come back online.

that's what i was saying prior - that fact of using fake credentials seems to be ignored by a wide range of people... but even if they try to cash out, which i do not hope, how can we track them?

is there a known BTC address of CM where everyone can look up on blockchain.info or similar services? I doubt that somebody - especially those fake newbie accounts saying "everything is going to be ok" was looking into all the blockchains and main adresses of coins they offered on CM to verify that they didn't move shit.

i hear people all the time, claiming "all the coins are still there" "wallets are syncing" - where is your proof that no transaction left any coinsmarkets wallet?  Huh

people who have deposit btc on cm have checked balance on blockchain ad all coin are still there

nut none of them provided any link to blockchain explorer, except one claiming that balance doesn't match and showing blockchain address.
I also posted screenshot from CM and link to ECA explorer showing completely different state, just to prove that data from website is not reliable. it was showing that just after transfer balance from my wallet went to another wallet and then you had multiple transactions.. never know which one is wallet of CM.

by saying "everything is there" none of them proves nothing. people were asking for wallet address, but none of them provided any details.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
borderline

Activity: 798
Merit: 116

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:54:11 PM

This morning, website coinsmarkets.com can't loading caz error "This site can’t be reached". Do you not believe it's scam!??

That's hilarious. I should have thought of that, clone CM website and host it on my own server to steal everyone's login info for if/when CM comes back online.

great idea, unfortunately if they don't come back all the data you would gather is as useful as your own login credentials Grin

Everything, he completely died. I feel sorry for those who have kept their coins there. website-analyzer shows that this domain is not available. https://coinsmarkets.com.cutestat.com/
It "died" because some not very bright people wrote complaints to registrar (Gandi) claiming that coinsmarkets was a fraud. Registrar has put domain on hold because of all those complaints. The old CM servers are still accesable via ip: http://185.66.140.234

If CM would be legit business then should be no problem to explain situation to hosting company, don't you think so?
As they failed to communicate with hosting, we can observe results of that. Hosting doesn't rely on some email send by some people about potential scam. That way you can send email to any hosting company and stop any service... try to do that and you will see it is not that easy.

i think cm is legit business in the crypto world, but is illegit in the state world... they have an anonimus exchange and don't pay tax... and this is the problem becouse the host blocked the domain...

it also seems they provided fake details for domain registration... in that case hard to blame hosting to block domain registered with fake details.
on the other hand until they cash-out and change crypto to fiat there is no tax obligation, so they could work out way how to handle that by registering company in certain location(s) to optimise tax.

anyway... it is interesting to observe what will happen next, but I don't have high hopes since the beginning that it will come back online.

that's what i was saying prior - that fact of using fake credentials seems to be ignored by a wide range of people... but even if they try to cash out, which i do not hope, how can we track them?

is there a known BTC address of CM where everyone can look up on blockchain.info or similar services? I doubt that somebody - especially those fake newbie accounts saying "everything is going to be ok" was looking into all the blockchains and main adresses of coins they offered on CM to verify that they didn't move shit.

i hear people all the time, claiming "all the coins are still there" "wallets are syncing" - where is your proof that no transaction left any coinsmarkets wallet?  Huh

people who have deposit btc on cm have checked balance on blockchain ad all coin are still there

nut none of them provided any link to blockchain explorer, except one claiming that balance doesn't match and showing blockchain address.
I also posted screenshot from CM and link to ECA explorer showing completely different state, just to prove that data from website is not reliable. it was showing that just after transfer balance from my wallet went to another wallet and then you had multiple transactions.. never know which one is wallet of CM.

by saying "everything is there" none of them proves nothing. people were asking for wallet address, but none of them provided any details.

if you have buyed eca on cm it's normal don't see that coin in blockchain but only in the cm database...

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Airdrop to BTC holders
qf3l3k

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:14:07 PM

if you have buyed eca on cm it's normal don't see that coin in blockchain but only in the cm database...

I did transfer from wallet and bought on CM.
Balanced transferred from outside to CM wallet shows on blockchain explorer and about 1 hour after transfer went to CM wallet.
I guess no big deal with that, but just makes it impossible to track anything without having access to DB.

But my point here is that only one claim of BTC balance was demonstrated with wallet address... rest of claims are noobs barking what they seen on website, which proves exactly nothing, except some entries in DB.
zaragosa

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:27:14 PM

So as proof, you need screenshot of the wallet address of a certain coin on CM, and then show it on a blockchain explorer to prove that the funds are still there?

This is my litecoin address on CM, checked the litecoin balance and they're still there. Can't give a screenshot of my CM showing the same address tho, cause the site is down.

If you check the date, I deposited on the 4th, right before the site went down.

http://explorer.litecoin.net/address/LbU6c7H81dZEWsqQnfLgT3F6DArmcXSVxx
borderline

Activity: 798
Merit: 116

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:33:13 PM

So as proof, you need screenshot of the wallet address of a certain coin on CM, and then show it on a blockchain explorer to prove that the funds are still there?

This is my litecoin address on CM, checked the litecoin balance and they're still there. Can't give a screenshot of my CM showing the same address tho, cause the site is down.

you can login site is up

http://185.66.140.234/walletstatus.php

after login the site redirect to coinsmarkets.com onpen again the page and you are loged in

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Airdrop to BTC holders
zaragosa

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:37:23 PM

you can login site is up

http://185.66.140.234/walletstatus.php

after login the site redirect to coinsmarkets.com onpen again the page and you are loged in
Here. It's no longer 7 on the system's database because I used my litecoins to buy a different coin, but you'll see that it's the same wallet address, and litecoins are still there. Not sure how much this would mean in terms of the integrity of CM since we won't be able to access our own coins regardless of whether they're there or not, but nevertheless, the coins are there.

As for scam or not, I'm still sure they're not scamming us.
river89

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:41:32 PM

if you delete one letter and leave coinsmarkets.co then the site goes, though I did not dare and did not enter my data
zaragosa

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:42:31 PM

if you delete one letter and leave coinsmarkets.co then the site goes, though I did not dare and did not enter my data

Yeah, good call. Do not log on anything other than the coinsmarkets IP, or coinsmarkets.com.
ciwox

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:14:07 PM

Yeah, good call. Do not log on anything other than the coinsmarkets IP, or coinsmarkets.com.

Idd, if you check the source code, you see its just a fake copy of the original site.
Do not input anything on these websites.
blasterspewpew

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:02:25 PM

I think that it's their own business if they want to run their exchange anonimously and don't pay taxes. This is that non regulated crypto world a lot of people ask for, many coin developers are anonimous, they don't comply with any regulations when they do ICOs. Something being anonimous and evading taxes doesn't mean that it's a scam.
But now we have all those new people to the crypto, who went to a shady exchange and invested in a shitcoin and when they couldn't access their shitcoins because that shady exchange is having technical difficulties, they started to histerically send complaints to everyone (registrar, hosting, police, internet crime investigation unit, FBI) making this situation even worse. And now we have situation when this shady exchange, that I honestly believe had intentions to restore their service, is denied service from their hoster, has their domain taken and probably right now is under investigation.

But guess what, authorities, registrar, police, hosting - none of them will return you your coins. There was absolutely no point in sending complaints to anyone other than make lives of whoever behind this shady exchange very difficult, thus drastically increasing chance that none of us will see our coins again ever because authorities stepped in and shut the shady exchange down.
Deemer

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:37:52 PM

I'd like to post a few things that many of you know and many may not.  This is a non-bias posts of facts.

Quick, high level diagram: https://imgur.com/a/3gDxS

1. coinsmarkets.com is the only domain being used right now.  .co, .net .****anything else is NOT valid.

2. coinsmarkets.com was registered with gandi.net with nameservers pointing to CloudFlare - This means CloudFlare manages the dns records for coinsmarkets.com.  They also manage ssl and IP proxy for the domain coinsmarkets.com

3. We found that mail.coinsmarkets.com was NOT using CloudFlare's proxy service and was pointing directly to the NForce server with the IP address of 85.66.140.234.  With this information we were able to discover 4 additional servers being used by coinsmarkets.com. The 5 IP's are:

4. We were also able to determine that they were using a php/mysql setup by looking at the following:
http://185.66.143.152/info.php
http://185.66.143.252/info.php
http://185.66.143.224/info.php
http://185.66.143.171/info.php
http://185.66.140.234/info.php

You can also remove the /info.php and navigate to a variation of the site. (Please do not login.. See #8)

5. The registrar has placed the domain in a clientHold status. A clientHold status means:
This status code tells your domain's registry to not activate your domain in the DNS and as a consequence, it will not resolve. It is an uncommon status that is usually enacted during legal disputes, non-payment, or when your domain is subject to deletion.

6. Once this was put in a clientHold status, it takes a couple of days for it to propigate globally to all ISP's, which explains why some people were able to resolve the domain name and some were not.

7. Until this clientHold status is lifted, coinsmarkets.com will NOT be accessible by domain name. You cannot browse to it

8. You are still able to browse to any of the above IP's and get to the site, however since you are bypassing CloudFlare, ANY login attempt will be unsecure.

9. Until the issue is resolved with ICANN, and the hold is lifted, the domain will remain inaccessible, unless CM purchases a new domain name.

10. Since the domain is pointed at CloudFlare, any change of servers will be instant and will not need DNS propigation.

c15

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:45:16 PM

Relax, they will return in few days. They are not a big exchange and still want to compare with the old dogs.. i see no problem in that, they just have to update their things and come online with no bugs.
I have money there too and i believe them ! : )
yeah

duep

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:48:10 PM

This is profile coinsmarkets https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=978044. I don't sure this is him!!

I believe this is their profile. If you look at their posting history this profile is the one to post the updates on this thread back in September.

I find it more interesting that this profile was inactive since the 4th of Jan when the problems started. Now they have logged in on the 20th but not posted anything.
Plof87

Activity: 203
Merit: 16

I can and I will :)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:06:09 PM

Still believe in them and wishing them good luck putting up the last bits to get up and running again! Can't wait! Smiley
duffrageous

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:45:53 PM

Anyone know if our coins are still staking during this time somehow? 
l3eix

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:42:39 PM

They will come back in next couple of days! Do not worry
qf3l3k

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:03:00 PM

One important thing to validate would be BTC and LTC wallet of CM, if someone knows their addresses.
With other coins problem is that these were traded only on CM (majority of them), so not much of use.
qf3l3k

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:03:57 PM

I think you keep saying that every couple of days last few weeks Cheesy
So, maybe give us final date when site will be up Smiley
Russoroni

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:17:06 PM

Amen
Doctor-Coin

Activity: 378
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:20:06 PM

website is now totaly down ! 
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 201 »
  Print  

Jump to: