Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:14:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Fastcoin - FST - The Fastest coin so far in the market - is launched!!  (Read 237841 times)
irukandji

Activity: 629
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:25:17 AM

Is this still the fastest...or one of the fastest? What makes it so fast?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cheetahx

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

www.fastcoin.ca

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 11:43:29 AM

Does fastcoin have a block explorer?

Some of my transactions are taking hours to confirm.  They are large ones (meaning they contain many inputs).

As a side, did you recently download a NEW wallet or was this installed several months or weeks ago?  If it is a brand new wallet, and you have no funds in the account, please feel free to download our complete FastCoin Block located here...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B37Llt3dDAzHTktRRFpzSlJaVzA

Unzip and copy the file into your FastCoin wallet folder, if you require more detailed instructions, they can be found on our Forum at www.fastcointalk.org

Sincerely

/E

Thanks for this information (I have already acquired the latest software and downloaded the blockchain).  If you look at past history of my posts on this thread, you find that my problems of long confirmation times are from a wallet.dat file that was originally part of Cryptsy that was acquired through an auction that a receivership held to liquidate some of the assets of cryptsy - possibly to pay off the claims in the lawsuits.  Fastcoin was one of may wallets that the receivership didn't want to spend time on because there is no easy or cheap way to get the coins out of it or even check on how many coins are in it.  Some of this information wasn't posted above.

I started with wallet version 0.8.7.5 which I compiled on my system because I thought that was the most recent version.  With this version, I made a script to transfer the fastcoins to another address in a different wallet.  I sent out about 300 transactions and only a few actually arrived at their destination - the rest were stuck in the mempool.  Later I found out that there was a 0.10.2.2 wallet and so I started the process all over and used a -zapwallettxes to start up the daemon (which took 4 days to rescan the blockchain).  I was able to send out 2.5 million Fastcoins successfully, but then another 4 million fastcoins were stuck in transit -- meaning that they were never sent (stuck in the mempool) of my client.  After this I did another -zapwallettxes and recovered by stuck coins (took my computer 4 days to do this again).

This time I am transferring out the coins more slowly, waiting on the mempool size to be 0 again, before sending out a few more transactions.  This cryptsy wallet must have been used to receive p2pool mining rewards or something because there is about 322,283 unspent outputs in this wallet.  There are 9,060 addresses.  The address with the most coins is 1 million and has 6,334 deposits to it.  The wallet size itself is about 2.5 to 3 GB.  

Some transactions are confirming within minutes.  Some within hours.  Some haven't confirmed after a day. I have even increased the fees to help and limited the inputs of the transaction to not use any less then 1 Fastcoin.

The debug.log files are not showing much in the way of error messages, so my next task is to add some more logging code to generate more output to find out why the transactions are not being sent to or received by other nodes.  If I run another instance of fastcoin on my machine, it is not seeing the transactions, therefore it makes sense why the miners are not including these transactions.

Perhaps the problem of sending is that these transactions are so large and have so many inputs that a miner doesn't have enough time to verify that it is valid in 12 seconds.  These transactions take like 1 minute to generate on my machine.  Not sure how long it takes to verify the transaction when it is received by other nodes, if it even is.

Thank you Stouse49 for reporting this issue to us,

We are aware of the Cryptsy fiasco and appreciate that the risks associated to exchanges unfortunately exists even today regardless of which Cryptocurrency coin you choose to trade with them.  As a result of these risks, we are currently evaluating other options of exchange for our coin as to mitigate the risks associated to many of these exchanges such as Cryptsy and Mt. Gox etc.

With respects to your technical analysis, we will review what you have posted here in more detail with our core developers and see what might be the root cause of the problem you have reported.

Thank you again for your thorough description, my suggestion at this point, if you have not already done so, is to join our forum at www.fastcointalk.org and copy and past this issue into a technical troubleshooting thread.  Most of our core team spends time on that forum and it would better help them further analyze the issue in more detail.  They may ask you to send copies of the debug.log file etc.

Thank you again for your post and please feel free to add any additional info in our forum as our team will do their best to assist you.

Sincerely

/C

Fastest fairly released Crypto

FST: feH4MSdmG42be3dzjYgXKtnKDEYcKNUKkB     BTC: 1CMeKdFQYnYLpjTd7k7UGkgK6L4TSJFNNR 

www.fastcoin.ca
www.fastcointalk.org
Cheetahx

www.fastcoin.ca

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 11:46:54 AM

The OP lists a bootstrap but it's very old. Is there a more current bootstrap available?

It's taken me a couple of days to sync from January 2015 to June 2015, so it's probably going to be faster to download a bootstrap...

edit: Sorry, missed the google drive link above. I'll reword my question: is there a bootstrap available that can be downloaded directly to a server? Smiley (Google Drive = bzzzt)

Thanks for your post Almightyruler,

Glad you were able to find the Google link, we are working on providing an automated method of doing this via server yes, this as well as several projects like this are currently being developed.  For now please feel free to use the link and share it with any additional community members that require a relatively "Fresh FST Block".

Sincerely

/C

FST: feH4MSdmG42be3dzjYgXKtnKDEYcKNUKkB     BTC: 1CMeKdFQYnYLpjTd7k7UGkgK6L4TSJFNNR 

www.fastcoin.ca
www.fastcointalk.org
Cheetahx

www.fastcoin.ca

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 12:04:49 PM

Is this still the fastest...or one of the fastest? What makes it so fast?

Thanks
Thanks for your post Irukandji.

Yes FastCoin is the fastest open released, non-premind and open to the public to mine Cryptocurrency.  No other coin with these combined characteristics have been released to our knowledge to date.  Other coins that claim to be faster use different technology and a different approach to achieve their reported speeds.  From a cryptocurrency purist standpoint, our coin achieves these speeds without the need of "SuperNodes" or central issuance of coins etc.

From a distributed peer-to-peer model FastCoin is the benchmark cryptocurrency which achieves these speeds.

12 secs is the average block time, however we have documented near instant transaction speeds being achieved when the combined network hash rate reached epic proportions.

What makes the coin so fast is the way in which the software was written, the following article provides some additional insight as to how this compares with other coins...

http://www.cryptocoinupdates.com/info/the-fastest-cryptocurrency/

If you are a developer, I would encourage you to visit our GitHub library which displays the entire code for everyone to see here...

https://github.com/fastcoinproject/fastcoin/tree/10.2.2

Thanks again for your post Irukandji, I hope this answers your questions, if you have any additional questions about our coin, please feel free to join our forum at www.fastcointalk.org.

Sincerely

/C

www.fastcoin.ca
www.fastcointalk.org
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:35:02 PM

Glad you were able to find the Google link, we are working on providing an automated method of doing this via server yes, this as well as several projects like this are currently being developed.  For now please feel free to use the link and share it with any additional community members that require a relatively "Fresh FST Block".

The issue is that it's not possible to download from Google Drive to a server (plain HTTP fetch, eg with wget). Google Drive uses javascript so it will only work via a browser.
Lalaland122

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:15:17 PM

http://www.fastcointalk.org is absolute dead forum? Nothing happens there and here. Any potential for this coin?
Stouse49

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:49:00 AM

http://www.fastcointalk.org is absolute dead forum? Nothing happens there and here. Any potential for this coin?

I made one post today!  Will try for a second one soon!

BTC:
EdithS

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:10:35 AM

Actually the Fastcoin forum team members were very responsive to me, not sure what you might be looking for? 

Did you register with them?

I think this coin has great potential when you compare it to everything else that's out there.

Edith
fastcoin-ok

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:23:13 PM

I concur with Ediths.... I just want to let hear my voice to tell that no other DevTeam replies so quickly to users/posters.
sujoys

Activity: 221

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 08:03:11 PM

YES, really Dev team members r good. seems they r as fast as FASTCOIN. wish you all the best.  Cry Grin

Cheetahx

www.fastcoin.ca

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 08:11:20 PM

This coin is still the fastest and has the longest blockchain. Neither of those things are very useful for the purposes of being a currency, but they are novelties and they are definitely one of a kind. My thoughts are that one of a kind novelties are enough to maintain value, especially if you believe in blockchain tech. I personally think blockchains are the future and any that have been around for a while, used as currency or not, will one day be worth something. Look at Namecoin, its been one of the top market caps for a long time and can serve no purpose as currency. Bitcoin also maintains a much higher value solely from being the first and having the best known name (the ultimate in one of a kind status).

Also. Since Fastcoin has been around now for 2 years, and there isn't really much of a reason to make a faster coin, it would likely never lose its claim on having the longest blockchain provided it can keep a community of miners interested. If someone tried to build hype around a new coin with the intention of building a longer blockchain, they'd have a hell of a time getting people interested, a hell of a time writing something that works properly and it would take many years to catch up...IF one day blockchains are everything and replace traditional currencies space on the longest existing blockchain will be worth money. Its also conceivable that future people could fix problems with the code and/or overcome them with hardware. So IF blockchains succeed and IF Fastcoin survives to see that day, Fastcoin will be worth a fortune.

Just my thoughts. I've been following Fastcoin for years, through the ups and downs. Love the name too, I think that's worth a lot.

Strolling down memory lane, here is one interesting quotes some of our community members have posted in the past almost 2 years ago.  In this specific quote I have Remistevens to thank for the quote.  Anyone new to our coin may want to read the above as the advise serves as a timely reminder of what can happen when a coin such as ours continues to work after all of these years.  We understand that our coin may not be "Perfect" but like Bitcoin and all the rest of them, for the purpose of storing and exchanging value, FST it is "Good Enough" to perform the task.  

Looking forward to getting past the teething stages of our coin, and moving on to much larger specific use cases.

/C

www.fastcoin.ca
www.fastcointalk.org
remistevens

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:18:02 PM

This coin is still the fastest and has the longest blockchain. Neither of those things are very useful for the purposes of being a currency, but they are novelties and they are definitely one of a kind. My thoughts are that one of a kind novelties are enough to maintain value, especially if you believe in blockchain tech. I personally think blockchains are the future and any that have been around for a while, used as currency or not, will one day be worth something. Look at Namecoin, its been one of the top market caps for a long time and can serve no purpose as currency. Bitcoin also maintains a much higher value solely from being the first and having the best known name (the ultimate in one of a kind status).

Also. Since Fastcoin has been around now for 2 years, and there isn't really much of a reason to make a faster coin, it would likely never lose its claim on having the longest blockchain provided it can keep a community of miners interested. If someone tried to build hype around a new coin with the intention of building a longer blockchain, they'd have a hell of a time getting people interested, a hell of a time writing something that works properly and it would take many years to catch up...IF one day blockchains are everything and replace traditional currencies space on the longest existing blockchain will be worth money. Its also conceivable that future people could fix problems with the code and/or overcome them with hardware. So IF blockchains succeed and IF Fastcoin survives to see that day, Fastcoin will be worth a fortune.

Just my thoughts. I've been following Fastcoin for years, through the ups and downs. Love the name too, I think that's worth a lot.

Strolling down memory lane, here is one interesting quotes some of our community members have posted in the past almost 2 years ago.  In this specific quote I have Remistevens to thank for the quote.  Anyone new to our coin may want to read the above as the advise serves as a timely reminder of what can happen when a coin such as ours continues to work after all of these years.  We understand that our coin may not be "Perfect" but like Bitcoin and all the rest of them, for the purpose of storing and exchanging value, FST it is "Good Enough" to perform the task.  

Looking forward to getting past the teething stages of our coin, and moving on to much larger specific use cases.

/C

Haha, awesome! Thanks for remembering. Take what i said and multiply it by dev activity, alt coin massive bull run 2017 and the ever increasing rarity of old coins as so many have disappeared.... Honestly the case for Fastcoin is even better today for sure. Im going to prep a blog post to help spell it out. I'll hit up your forum too to discuss marketing and videos- i own a production company these days and do lots of work for both big corporations and small businesses.... On vacation right now tho, catch up soon. Great work devs, love to see things happening!
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 02:13:43 AM

/C

Haha, awesome! Thanks for remembering. Take what i said and multiply it by dev activity, alt coin massive bull run 2017 and the ever increasing rarity of old coins as so many have disappeared.... Honestly the case for Fastcoin is even better today for sure. Im going to prep a blog post to help spell it out. I'll hit up your forum too to discuss marketing and videos- i own a production company these days and do lots of work for both big corporations and small businesses.... On vacation right now tho, catch up soon. Great work devs, love to see things happening!

awesome!
and a very well respected hero member, with the above credentials
I know fastcoin is very low key and honest

but someone has to say moon!
1k sats initial target I think is reasonable first step, soon I think
kills me have hardly any funds to buy fst right now

enjoy the journey everyone

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
orco#2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 02:49:14 PM

FST is the perfect coin right now, everything is overvalued and dropping, FST is the only cool crypto that is undervalued.

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.UTRUST.▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 09:26:45 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2017, 05:05:22 PM by almightyruler

This time I am transferring out the coins more slowly, waiting on the mempool size to be 0 again, before sending out a few more transactions.  This cryptsy wallet must have been used to receive p2pool mining rewards or something because there is about 322,283 unspent outputs in this wallet.  There are 9,060 addresses.  The address with the most coins is 1 million and has 6,334 deposits to it.  The wallet size itself is about 2.5 to 3 GB.  

I've just figured out how to kick some stuck transactions on another coin (which involves modifying the source) and was here to give you some advice about recovering your funds, but it seems you've already tried all the right things.

So instead I'll ask:

How long until you dump everything and crash the market? Tongue
Robb1649

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 04:58:54 PM

Everyone, submit a request to have Fastcoin to be added to Poloniex
https://m.poloniex.com/coinRequest
dakkon

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 06:08:08 PM

Next stop 1000 sats? Smiley
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 06:24:08 PM

Thank you "fast-coin" and all of you that have supported the FastCoin community!

I am humbled by this opportunity as it is truly an honor to be entrusted with the responsibility that "fast-coin" and the community has bestow unto me.

I hope that my steward ship of this coin will reflect the true potential that it possess.

First off I want to thank "fast-coin" for developing this coin and releasing it into the wild as he did, if it were not for his curiosity and tinkering of the code, FastCoin would have never been released.

I cannot emphasize enough how important the mining community is to the success of this coin.  From the miners to the mining pool operators, this coin would be meaningless if it were not for you.

To say the least from the Market perspective, this has been a most excellent week for FastCoin and its supporters!   

To the investors and VC's, who can see the true value in the coin in there everyday transactions as well as the exchange operators, namely Cryptsy for allowing the current miracle of trade we now see globally with this coin!  All members of this community need to be recognized with its success and on behalf of the FastCoin community we thank you whole heart-idly!

What set's this coin apart from all of the others is truly the fantastic transaction speeds that it achieves when compared to any other Alt Coin on the market today.  Some people dismiss this as a minor Litecoin Tweak enhancement, but I am a firm believer that big changes sometime only require small adjustments.   

Because of these "Small adjustments" this coin currently stands heads and shoulders above all other Cyrpto coin's on the market today including the BIG TWO (BitCoin and LiteCoin), specifically with respects to transaction times.  In fact it is my firm belief, at this time and with its current momentum, FastCoin is best positioned from all of the Crypto-coins to provide mobile transactions for everyday purchases.  This in my view is a huge market and will only further propel the value of this coin.

I would like to take this opportunity to reach out and work with all members of the community, from mobile smart phone developers to my friends at www.fastcoin.ca who have done a great job of getting the word out on this coin.  Right now it is still the best kept secret in the Crypto currency market place, I believe that with the launch of the proposed online store and mobile applications, this should add further thrust to an already great product!

Thank you again to all of you for your support, I look forward to a prosperous journey with you in the weeks and months ahead.  May FastCoin be every bit as prosperous for you, as it has already been for me!

Sincerely

Cheetahx
I was quite surprised by all this. Hopefully FST actually gives the final result according to the meaning contained in the name of the coin. Good luck
remistevens

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 06:45:59 PM

Next stop 1000 sats? Smiley

Wow, who knows right? Definitely possible. Lots of positive things happening here now and being reflected in the price.
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 07:36:42 PM

there's a slew of shitcoins been around five minutes and worse still tokens that are getting lost in eth mess on multiple dollars each

LTC is almost $50, btc $2700, etc goes on down marketcap

FST is not even 1 cent each!
has a low coincap compared to a lot of coins

considering fastcoin has been around so long in safe hands with great dev team, new website new applications coming
2 decent exchanges

why can'y fst reach 20 cents?

of course it can easily

btc and ltc and all other coins didn't stop dreaming

if you can't even imagine it then it can't happen

that can happen easy

fastest coin, deepest blockchain

great name, name that says exactly what it does on tin

people want all that this coin offers. currently there is so many coins, not many cryoto newcomers, of which there are many will know about fastcoin, when it keeps rising they will notice and get fomo when they realise its the real deal in a sea of vaporware tokens and few month old coins, gone next year when devs run off

never with this coin. fastcoin's moment has arrived, especially with all the chaos coming to btc later in summer, blocksizes, and half of btc bigwigs at war with each other and miners, maybe a split chain and fork for it

I can see 10 cents coming weeks, month or so

once volume increases polo or bittrex will be approachable
what will help application they can see it's a killer coin in its simplicity, not some fly by night new coin, in it's 5th year, never failed
no scandal, no premine, no instamine
how many coins can claim that?

go look at instamine scams like dash and their price? there is no justice in crypto, lots of scammers
lots of great coins that should be doing much better

I think so few people are aware of coin, most old school crypto people, a few noobs which is great for them to find a great honest coin which would appeal massively to the public if only they knew

which by the way, message to devs

look at what potcoin have done, check potcoin/com

now check potwallet/com

its brilliant, like localbitcoicns for potcoins and you can trade in paypal etc

the api etc is on github too if you check!

this would be killer for fastcoin, no more directing people on twitter or facebook or on main fastcoin/ca site to cryptopia or livecoin and them having to buy btc first
they can buy direct, our very own coinbase, but no rules like kyc to follow as basically people trading themselves, decentralised

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: