Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:49:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Fastcoin - FST - The Fastest coin so far in the market - is launched!!  (Read 237842 times)
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8024

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:34:04 PM

They really should get someone with fluent English skills to redo the original post. And just interested; how much does the blockchain already take disk space?

If I take everything on my hard drive wrt Fastcoin minus the program, I count 908 Megabytes with an up-to-date ledger.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:36:50 PM

Well I can confirm that fst.zabmail.ru is a hashing thief.  It may not be intentional but this pool has far too many orphans.  Perhaps the pools connectivity to the network is not good enough?  With 1200kH/s I earned just 28 coins in over 4 hours.  I should have seen four times that many coins!  So my hashing power is wasted.  Anyone connecting to this pool would be wasting their time and resources!

PS.  Just mined for half and hour on miningpool.co and already 10 coins!  FIX your pool man!!

Just moved pool wallet to other hosting account, may be it will help, but old one also had fast connection.
Only diff that new on EU server, old one was on some Russia based hosting, possible they block or limit p2p traffic in some way.

btw, 28coins  for 4 hours and 10 for 1.5 hours - its about same rate, assuming that FST can jump its diff two times less or more in one hour.

Thanks for the reply vasp and for letting us know you are trying a different hosting account.  Maybe I'll give your pool another go.
For the record, it was 10 coins in 0.5 hours (I meant to type half AN hour not AND) my apologies for the confusing text!
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:19:58 PM

Until a few weeks ago I had rather consistent mining rates of various types of coins in various pools.

No more.

I was just reviewing the last part of this thread and thought I would mention this.

I don't know what's up with this either. I have tried and tried to determine if it's just the luck of the draw
and apparently it's not. Some pools (many) with some coins are way under expected mining rates!
But it could be a long list of other things.

I did verify that at least some pools I get my expected rate of mined coins, or better (ran lucky), but
at some other pools suddenly that's not so. Instead far under expectations.

But this doesn't have anything to do with FST. Instead other coins. I have no idea about FST coin pools
lately themselves.

So if anyone figures out why more than a couple of coins (several) over the last few weeks are now
unpredictable in terms of expected mining rates that would be great. Of course I know the usual reasons
and all but this is not that, at all.

Seems this coin too is being effected. Yet I haven't mined it for quite some time. Just hold it and continue
to check up on it's threads here.

At any rate I kinda doubt it's the pools faults per say since my very favorite pool that is quite obviously
extremely popular and seemingly 100% honest/transparent results in the same lower than expected outputs.
I wanted to whine to them again but instead I tested elsewhere and the results were variable!!!

Then again maybe many are suddenly ripping off miners, but that makes little sense that so many would
suddenly do so. Then again maybe not. But I seriously doubt it with my favorite pool, which is a multi-type
pool but I wont mention it's name because I am 99.9% certain their NOT up to no good there. Their awesome.
And unless they suddenly changed well I just can't imagine they would given all I know about them. But...

So anyway still it's a mystery, but one mentioned here that it may be related to all the multi-type pools that
suddenly and severely effect coins difficulties as they shift into mining them with massive hash power. Makes
sense I guess. About the only thing that does so far. That and the fact that just maybe what displays as our
expected rates of coin production are greatly flawed at the few places I/we refer to, as well as on some pools too
that display such data on their very own screens for us. And that's yet another reason why it doesn't make
sense that those pools are ripping us off since they would also adjust those expectation rates there to match any
possible skimming off the top of production. Or at least one would think they would do that very thing too if
that was the case.

Anyway, it's still a mystery to me after mining several types of coin in the last few weeks. Only one coin and
pool so far is immune to it too, at least in my case. So I suppose the smartest thing to do is just mine it in
my own case. Maybe the same for others too. Mine the ones that are reliable, if your like myself and hold
many various types of coin. Otherwise all I can think of is what that other person mentioned and that is it
is maybe the sudden and swift hits from these massive sized multi-type pools. I wont support the ones that
also automatically dump those coins on exchanges since that's just adding far too much stress to those coins
values and swings. Well at least it did until rather recently, lol. Now maybe it will just be less so. And well just
doing so is not anything but being extremely greedy and short sited since alt.coins are soaring at much higher
percentages than bitcoin is. Kinda funny really because all those letting their favorite multi-type pool auto dump
their coins for way too much commission and turning around and sending them btc are getting the short side
of the stick in so many ways it's laughable.

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!

The problem can be nawrrowed down to fast block generation times, bad internet connections and large pools.   This causes many orphans and many rejected blocks for solo miners and small pools.  We know all of these.  Luck does play into it as the entire concept is based on probability in the first place.  If your average luck is lower than 100% however, then there is something other than luck causing the problem.  Based on this, it is possible to deduce whether a pool is the problem leaving no doubt in anyone's mind who cares to do a little digging.  These pool operators are trying to make money - they aren't all large enough to cover the costs of good internet service and in that respect it is buyer beware.  Checking pool size compared to network size is a good indication or if you're going solo, you need a good number of network connections.
talvivaara

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:44:35 PM

They really should get someone with fluent English skills to redo the original post. And just interested; how much does the blockchain already take disk space?

If I take everything on my hard drive wrt Fastcoin minus the program, I count 908 Megabytes with an up-to-date ledger.

Yikes. Sounds like it's gonna get real bloat real fast.

Excuse me, spare a coin for a cyber bum? - BTC: 1KiiToSx5G1ySGrSohvYtTxw5DUjbF7XYc - GET 10% OFF YOUR TRADING FEES FOR A YEAR @ Vircurex (referral link)
Cheetahx

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

www.fastcoin.ca

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 10:32:00 PM

You guys going to upgrade your site any time soon? The coin is fast but the website looks like it was made fast as well

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your post, yes the site will be upgraded soon, we will inform the community when it is ready to go live.

Best Regards

/C

Fastest fairly released Crypto

FST: feH4MSdmG42be3dzjYgXKtnKDEYcKNUKkB     BTC: 1CMeKdFQYnYLpjTd7k7UGkgK6L4TSJFNNR 

www.fastcoin.ca
www.fastcointalk.org
Cheetahx

Activity: 420

www.fastcoin.ca

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 10:42:00 PM

Until a few weeks ago I had rather consistent mining rates of various types of coins in various pools.

No more.

I was just reviewing the last part of this thread and thought I would mention this.

I don't know what's up with this either. I have tried and tried to determine if it's just the luck of the draw
and apparently it's not. Some pools (many) with some coins are way under expected mining rates!
But it could be a long list of other things.

I did verify that at least some pools I get my expected rate of mined coins, or better (ran lucky), but
at some other pools suddenly that's not so. Instead far under expectations.

But this doesn't have anything to do with FST. Instead other coins. I have no idea about FST coin pools
lately themselves.

So if anyone figures out why more than a couple of coins (several) over the last few weeks are now
unpredictable in terms of expected mining rates that would be great. Of course I know the usual reasons
and all but this is not that, at all.

Seems this coin too is being effected. Yet I haven't mined it for quite some time. Just hold it and continue
to check up on it's threads here.

At any rate I kinda doubt it's the pools faults per say since my very favorite pool that is quite obviously
extremely popular and seemingly 100% honest/transparent results in the same lower than expected outputs.
I wanted to whine to them again but instead I tested elsewhere and the results were variable!!!

Then again maybe many are suddenly ripping off miners, but that makes little sense that so many would
suddenly do so. Then again maybe not. But I seriously doubt it with my favorite pool, which is a multi-type
pool but I wont mention it's name because I am 99.9% certain their NOT up to no good there. Their awesome.
And unless they suddenly changed well I just can't imagine they would given all I know about them. But...

So anyway still it's a mystery, but one mentioned here that it may be related to all the multi-type pools that
suddenly and severely effect coins difficulties as they shift into mining them with massive hash power. Makes
sense I guess. About the only thing that does so far. That and the fact that just maybe what displays as our
expected rates of coin production are greatly flawed at the few places I/we refer to, as well as on some pools too
that display such data on their very own screens for us. And that's yet another reason why it doesn't make
sense that those pools are ripping us off since they would also adjust those expectation rates there to match any
possible skimming off the top of production. Or at least one would think they would do that very thing too if
that was the case.

Anyway, it's still a mystery to me after mining several types of coin in the last few weeks. Only one coin and
pool so far is immune to it too, at least in my case. So I suppose the smartest thing to do is just mine it in
my own case. Maybe the same for others too. Mine the ones that are reliable, if your like myself and hold
many various types of coin. Otherwise all I can think of is what that other person mentioned and that is it
is maybe the sudden and swift hits from these massive sized multi-type pools. I wont support the ones that
also automatically dump those coins on exchanges since that's just adding far too much stress to those coins
values and swings. Well at least it did until rather recently, lol. Now maybe it will just be less so. And well just
doing so is not anything but being extremely greedy and short sited since alt.coins are soaring at much higher
percentages than bitcoin is. Kinda funny really because all those letting their favorite multi-type pool auto dump
their coins for way too much commission and turning around and sending them btc are getting the short side
of the stick in so many ways it's laughable.

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!

The problem can be nawrrowed down to fast block generation times, bad internet connections and large pools.   This causes many orphans and many rejected blocks for solo miners and small pools.  We know all of these.  Luck does play into it as the entire concept is based on probability in the first place.  If your average luck is lower than 100% however, then there is something other than luck causing the problem.  Based on this, it is possible to deduce whether a pool is the problem leaving no doubt in anyone's mind who cares to do a little digging.  These pool operators are trying to make money - they aren't all large enough to cover the costs of good internet service and in that respect it is buyer beware.  Checking pool size compared to network size is a good indication or if you're going solo, you need a good number of network connections.

Thanks Slingshot & xhomerx10 for your post.

The majority of the mining issues can be attributed to the disruption caused by the automated mining pool bots that aggressively switch mining from one coin to the next based on there profitability at any given moment.  This dramatic switch from one coin to the other impacts the built in difficulty adjustments and effects the behavior of the coin.  We have witnessed our network difficulty multiply by a factor of 3 or 4 when these switches take place.

Having said that, it is our best guess that core network infrastructure speeds and the switches they relay data on are also effected as distributed distribution of the algorithm fights to find the path of least resistance.  Basically users with substandard internet connections can expect to be impacted with the reduced ability to mine coin's effectively.  It is important to note that it is the "core" internet speed or the main trunks of the internet that have more to do with the transfer of block creation data.  The fringes of the network are also important but the pools that have the least disruptive and most robust internet backbones tend to perform the best.

You might want to try several different pools, however "luck" also plays a role as you may find success with one pool one day, and few day's later it might be better to move on to another.  This was the same with Bitcoin, where the difficulty is constantly changing with no guaranteed payout.

/C

Fastest fairly released Crypto

FST: feH4MSdmG42be3dzjYgXKtnKDEYcKNUKkB     BTC: 1CMeKdFQYnYLpjTd7k7UGkgK6L4TSJFNNR 

www.fastcoin.ca
www.fastcointalk.org
Gwynbleidd

Activity: 61

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:03:27 AM

I need your help.

http://www.fastcoin.ca/getting-started.html

4. For Solo mining, launch cgminer or whatever mining program you like and begin mining.
                    NOTE:  You can download the latest CGMiner here
                        CGminer ex: cgminer.exe --scrypt -o localhost:9527 -u **yourusername** -p **password**

As you see I want to start solo mining, but I don't know where I have to register account to get my username and password.

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/387-fastcoin-fst-information/

RPC Port:  9527
    P2P Port:  9526

And does someone can tell me, what RPC mean? As I see this is for solo mining, but I don't uderstand this short.
vasp

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:37:56 AM

I need your help.

http://www.fastcoin.ca/getting-started.html

4. For Solo mining, launch cgminer or whatever mining program you like and begin mining.
                    NOTE:  You can download the latest CGMiner here
                        CGminer ex: cgminer.exe --scrypt -o localhost:9527 -u **yourusername** -p **password**

As you see I want to start solo mining, but I don't know where I have to register account to get my username and password.

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/387-fastcoin-fst-information/

RPC Port:  9527
    P2P Port:  9526

And does someone can tell me, what RPC mean? As I see this is for solo mining, but I don't uderstand this short.

You must set this in fastcoin.conf:

listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=**Yourusername**
rpcpassword=**Yourpassword**
rpcallowip=10.1.1.*
rpcport=9527
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
addnode=190.191.141.145
addnode=75.135.81.210
addnode=69.57.165.193
addnode=168.61.25.9
Gwynbleidd

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 07:44:26 AM

But where I get username and password?
3dGuy

Activity: 105

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:06:01 AM

you create them out of your imagination but donot forget to write it in the args of your miner.bat

Happy digging.
Gwynbleidd

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:58:43 AM

I got this: http://s6.ifotos.pl/img/1bmp_nqeqnpp.bmp

When I restared wallet, nothing changed affter putting fastcoin.conf.
Gwynbleidd

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:16:37 AM

Wow, it looks the same as http://fst.zabmail.ru/
sleepless

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

“Crypto Depository Receipts”

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 03:02:32 PM

Wow, it looks the same as http://fst.zabmail.ru/

Every pool looks the same because they all use MPOS by TheSerapher Wink

@vasp: Thank you, your pool is really nice now!

cokirix

Activity: 453

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:47:06 PM

New fastcoin pool!

dedicated server on 1gbs network
Low tax rate and super stable!

http://fastcoin.quebec-pool.com/
Gwindor

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 03:41:42 AM

hey guys.

whic one should i mine with?

https://www.miningpool.co/stats/FST/
http://fst.zabmail.ru

or

http://p2pool.org:9555/static/

which profits than others?
sleepless

Activity: 462

“Crypto Depository Receipts”

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 08:56:03 AM

Nope... I got there less than I should.

At the moment: Yes!

Don't know. I don't use P2Pools.

RENDERING

Activity: 353

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:49:30 PM

CoinArmy Fastcoin FST Pool open to public now. Cheesy

http://fastcoin.coinarmy.com

Here is our server setup:

Stratum
VARDIFF
Every 1 Min block stats update
Every 10 Seconds Dashboard Stats update
Instant payout once a block is confirmed
PPLNS
2% Fee
Payouts every 1 minute
DDOS Protection
Mobile friendly interface. (tablet and phone)
Dedicated Staff (We are here everyday for you)

Come join the CoinArmy! Cheesy
raoulduke33

Activity: 74

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:35:39 PM

We're proud to announce the launch of our first set of pools at PoolOfPools.com!

A few of Pool Of Pools' features we think you'll appreciate:

• One account, all of our pools. You only have to make an account once. Then you can use the same credentials to log in at any of our pools, create some workers, and start mining.
  • Transparent, fast stats. Our dashboard updates every 10 seconds, our stats are refreshed quickly, and our block finder actually works--you can see exactly how much you've made for each block, how many shares you contributed, and more.
  • Block bonus for the finder. The reward varies with the coin being mined. Block finder will get 1 coin bonus for FST and GLX.
  • Payout: Proportional (PPS)
  • 2% fee

Currently Fastcoin (FST) and Galaxycoin (GLX) are available, but we'll be adding more coins in the near future. Reply here or email us via the pool website to let us know which coins you'd like to see added.

FST Pool Of Pools:
http://fst.poolofpools.com
  • Shares paid after 120 confirmations

GLX Pool Of Pools:
http://glx.poolofpools.com
  • Shares paid after 50 confirmations

Pool Of Pools pool home page (more coins coming soon):

Cryptoxic

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:54:17 AM

Can we have a fresh node list. I have loads in there and nothing is happening, the wallet won't sync.

Are these all dead?

addnode=89.142.84.141
addnode=77.22.186.202
addnode=76.68.7.219
addnode=24.209.133.75
addnode=61.132.138.215
addnode=190.191.141.145
addnode=75.135.81.210
addnode=69.57.165.193
addnode=168.61.25.9
addnode=71.171.90.204
addnode=172.219.27.30
addnode=88.60.62.215
addnode=124.170.3.229
addnode=70.71.0.93
zeuzzz

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:50:31 AM

Just me or did FST not get as effected by the recent price drop vs paper money than other crypto currencies?

BTC: 1DKHiG3ZAJsX9YdSb9t19WcFBzxbPBq8J8 ---- LTC: LNRwP8qqASCqbsQxsGVyYBPpFCCZJWGcg7
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: