Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:38:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs are a legit or Scam?  (Read 32126 times)
Dorky

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:21:02 PM

Unfortunately, some people who do Ico have some malicious people who want to escape by leaving the project after collecting big money.
But there are people of this type who are involved in every business. So when investing in a new  project's ıco, it would be good to examine the project from its team member to its consultants and know what they have done before on the job market.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
meccaflare0

Activity: 336

Do the thing and you'll have the power.

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:45:27 PM

A lot of ICO are like statups. 99% fail. Startup aren't scams. Just over ambitious. And a lot of these ICOs are victims of their own success. Markets over valued them so now they have no where to go but down.
Altas

Activity: 366
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:58:59 PM

A lot of ICO are like statups. 99% fail. Startup aren't scams. Just over ambitious. And a lot of these ICOs are victims of their own success. Markets over valued them so now they have no where to go but down.
99% of the ICO won't end up in loss. Most of the time being over ambitious gets good investments rather than being ambitious. Lot of users have been lucky to grow through ico, this is just because of the legitimacy. Some ico might not attain growth as expected, but that doesn't mean it to be a scam.
meccaflare0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:07:32 PM

99% of the ICO won't end up in loss. Most of the time being over ambitious gets good investments rather than being ambitious. Lot of users have been lucky to grow through ico, this is just because of the legitimacy. Some ico might not attain growth as expected, but that doesn't mean it to be a scam.

Markets over valued them so now they have no where to go but down.
This is my key point. Some of these ICOs raised too much money and created a situation where they have no where to go but down... You'll see
Ramir

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:31:31 PM

Hi Guys,

Im pretty keen to understand more about ICOs and intend to invest in some.
ANY recommended ICOs and any advise how you guys determine whether is it a legit or Scam?

Thanks in advance.

I've invested a little money here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2348172.new#new

I liked that the minimum investment is 0.01 eth.
Why do I think that this is not a scam - it's a project based on a running business.
I think this is a good indicator
meccaflare0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:34:18 PM

Hi Guys,

ANY recommended ICOs and any advise how you guys determine whether is it a legit or Scam?

Thanks in advance.

I've invested a little money here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2348172.new#new

I liked that the minimum investment is 0.01 eth.
Why do I think that this is not a scam - it's a project based on a running business.
I think this is a good indicator

Refer to http://albertmurphy.com/
saulzaents

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:18:01 PM

each project will produce a roadmap of what, when, and how to do it before delivering it. According to me, if  project linked to the roadmap it's not scam. those who do not go according to the roadmap they have determined other than that, they are definitely cheaters. I do not mean delays due to density. they are except for what I say. the professions and legal personality of the team members are certainly important. real profiles and people are definitely important details for a project.
meccaflare0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:52:55 PM

each project will produce a roadmap of what, when, and how to do it before delivering it. According to me, if  project linked to the roadmap it's not scam. those who do not go according to the roadmap they have determined other than that, they are definitely cheaters. I do not mean delays due to density. they are except for what I say. the professions and legal personality of the team members are certainly important. real profiles and people are definitely important details for a project.

Sometimes these road maps have long dark periods where the coin slowly declines in price because other coins steal the spot light. Hype train is a real thing
Yasman

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:03:55 PM

You cant say in general if an ICO ist Scam or legit. They are so many really good working ICO's. Also somany good Icos with good project and devs who die after some months because nobody is interested in. But in this case too you cant say it was a scam. They are probable some ICOs who collect money, and then the Devs hew of with the money.
Not investing in an ICO is a nice way of not letting the scammers getting the money. Just wait till the coin is live.
JID-33

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:05:13 PM

I would look at their team. The creators, advisors and developers involved with the product.

so:
Lead individuals running it
breakdown of whitepaper
project backers
what tokens are being used for
proportion of tokens
website or blog
what the funds raised are for
meccaflare0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:05:26 PM

You cant say in general if an ICO ist Scam or legit. They are so many really good working ICO's. Also somany good Icos with good project and devs who die after some months because nobody is interested in. But in this case too you cant say it was a scam. They are probable some ICOs who collect money, and then the Devs hew of with the money.
Not investing in an ICO is a nice way of not letting the scammers getting the money. Just wait till the coin is live.
99% of ico crash bellow their ICO sale price. So patience pays off
veliq

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:06:53 PM

Now a great variety of ICO. You need to be careful to carefully study the project in which you want to invest your money..
Marco Ambrusini

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:21:43 PM

beside every originals idea there comes a probability of scam or non legit entities.Some ICO's really have good prospects and solid road maps.Others on the contrart can clearly sited as scam .You only have to do your own digging and invest what you can afford to lose.
kingvirtus09

Activity: 826
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 09:37:13 PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

It depends on how they will deliver the project very well, but for me one of the best ICO is having a NYC and AML. part of that if demand is so high then probably supply must equal but we're speaking about the ICO i'll choose to have a long term roadmap that will influence others.

Gargo

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:44:24 PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

It depends on how they will deliver the project very well, but for me one of the best ICO is having a NYC and AML. part of that if demand is so high then probably supply must equal but we're speaking about the ICO i'll choose to have a long term roadmap that will influence others.

Also depends on the type of ICO which is very much. Remember not to trust anyone because often around the corner lurk a scammer. Be alert and do not let go.
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:00:28 PM

It is not really easy to determine whether an ICO is good or is a scam. There are good ICOs with plans and ready to serve the people, giving to the investors at chance of making fortune from their investments, while the scam ICOs cannot be known with just a look of their project. In other not to get scammed by wrong ICOs, spending time to read what they are planning, it's use/importance, team whitepaper and road map etc are mostly the things to be carefully looked at.
lhvleao

Activity: 476
Merit: 128

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:56:36 PM

We must take a deep look into the projects. I'm sure most of them are scam, but there are also some that have a really nice potencial and you must invest. You must take your time to analise the whitepaper and see who is part of the team
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:02:18 PM

99% of ico crash bellow their ICO sale price. So patience pays off

Yes.
But most of the ICO's cannot come back. I guess it will be all in the hands of the developers amd its team after the ICO.
If they can make their investors hold their coims then it will pay good afterwards.
But mostly they panic. They might need a good promotion just so they can make them stay. Like bonuses with holders that will really pay off after a long time.
LynielZbl

Merit: 107

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:17:48 AM

It is true that there are ICOs who do not know the gratitude and want to excel others. But we can avoid it as long as we are careful about choosing the ICO's in which we're participating. Let's take a closer look at their project, you can research about their development team, read their whitepapers and what else. We need to do that just to make sure it's legit. That's what I do when I have a project to join.
Tone147

Activity: 221
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:30:04 AM

At present, ICO has been legalized in many countries, but some countries call him illegal. However, the ICO is indeed a product of the new era and we can profit from it!

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: