Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:30:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs are a legit or Scam?  (Read 32134 times)
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:49:34 AM

In my opinion it is 100% legit! Smiley It is a very reliable, and at the moment it is possible to earn good money on ICO. I invest in many projects for example Red Lanterns. By the way at the moment they have a 50% discount on tokines https://goo.gl/t5fxc5

I think you are as wrong as the guy claiming 99% are scams. Many are legit, but many are also scams. The thing that divides the 2 are the honesty of the people running the project. Sometimes that is very hard to determine. But one thing I have learned is that when they do scam some people they will eventually scam everyone. Case in point is IUNGO. They scammed the people doing the bounty and now they are scamming the investors.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:07:54 AM

Hi Guys,

Im pretty keen to understand more about ICOs and intend to invest in some.
ANY recommended ICOs and any advise how you guys determine whether is it a legit or Scam?

Thanks in advance.
sometimes looking for good ico is depend on the Manager also.those experienced bounty managers wont accept a project if they think its a scam,big part of gauging the ico is the expertise of every manager,so better check the background of the manager,follow hes post history to look back on those campaigns that he holds,whats the status and whats the outcomes
Lamborgini

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 09:13:56 AM

Hi Guys,

I'm pretty keen to understand more about ICOs and intend to invest in some.
ANY recommended ICOs and any advise how you guys determine whether is it a legit or Scam?

Thanks in advance.
My way of determining the ICO is Legit or Scam. I only see the ICO's goals, its ICO whitepaper, Dev and its Team. Then I use my instinct if my heart sure says ICO will be successful yes I will believe to follow the ICO.
gohan21

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:14:48 AM

there are ICOs that are scams especially if the amount of money you earn is high but not all those ICOs are scams there are also legit and very reliable.
Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:18:46 AM

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

This is not a good avenue to look for good ICOs to invest. Most probably, what you will receive in response are ICOs which the poster himself is being paid with their own tokens to promote. It is better if you will take a little time to read the whitepapers of the projects you consider interesting and then try to ask them significant questions through their ANN thread here or through their official social media accounts.

Do the same with Streamity if you want.  Wink

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
Dutch38

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:39:25 PM

When it comes to commerce you want fast, accuracy and security against hackers. Marinecoin is building a community of over twenty thousand 20000 people who initially show proof of promotion.  So come and join the MTC community https://marineco.inAnd remember Javis Artificial Intelligence  is checking for proof of promotion which only exits with Marinecoin. Be part of the future technology which only exits with Marinecoin . https://marineco.in It is a time tested network. Marinecoins block chain is 500% faster that Bitcoin.
mr.niwangz

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:10:30 AM

At the moment, the legit ico is a bit of a problem because they have not succeeded in their project.

alieknov

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:15:07 AM

Icos are legit. But i think it still depends on the bounty manager of a project.
Scammers are everywhere so watch out for that.
But in general, ICOs are legit since many people really earn money from this.
Including me. I earn money from this industry and it also has a lot of benefits for a busy person like me.
It is not hassle to join some bounties but you can still earn a lot from here.
laserfocused

Activity: 171

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 04:27:21 AM

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

Scam is a broad and generic term that is used to label anything that someone does not agree with, or it is used as an easy way to describe thing that don't generate profit.

Consider in the real world that 90% of all business startups fail.  This is like saying, because the businesses failed they were a scam which is far from the truth.  Most or all of those businesses really wanted to succeed, craved to succeed and worked their butts off to make it happen.  It's just like professional sports.  Only .01% of those will make it.  We don't say that it's a scam because the other 99.9% of the people failed. 

So now that we have moved passed the easy to label scam myth.  Lets peel the onion a little more.

First, yes there are flat out scams.  There are ICOs that are set up that never intend to produce anything and to collect money.  These are easy to spot.  They have an unknown or unproven team, worse yet they don't disclose who their team are.  Their whitepaper is trash and low quality. They have been identified in other projects that were scams.  I find it easier to identify for high quality ICOs than it is to look out for scams because if you have the right filtering system the suspect ICOs will never make it onto your radar.

ICO's just like regular stocks you have to pick them very carefully.  You have to do your due diligence.  Research the founders, the team, and the advisors. Where have the members worked previously.  Is it with a well known company?  What was their position? Do they job hop? What did they accomplish? Next the concept.  Is it a me2 project? Are they improving on something that already exists, or is it revolutionary.  Don't expect great results from improvements on existing tech.  The 1000 fold returns have come (for the most part) from disruptive technology, such as new blockchain infrastructure projects.

Again there are a lot of traditional stocks that suck booty, many penny stocks are trash.  It is easier to lose your money in penny stocks than with ICOs, as there are over 15000 of them, however there are only 1500 alts and maybe a few hundred that will launch this year.  So I would take my chances looking for high quality ICOs over traditional penny stocks.

Even when you get to the quality ICO's some of them are going to fail.  But failure does not = scam.  Someone with malicious intent on separating you from your money with no intention on providing any value of consideration in return is a scam.  Someone who tries and fails is just called a bad investment. 

My hope is that we start differentiating the two.
bakekang008

Activity: 171

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:50:05 AM

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.
For me its legit, if their one person that earning from ico so why we think its scam. If you want to earn also about ico so why you don't try. If you have believe in yourself and the business you enter their is no reason that you will hesitate or regret.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
Lauff

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:20:28 AM

If you feel scared do not invest in ico, I think you should choose ETH, XRP, BCC ... to hold would be better

You need to do great research and see the team behind the project and if it involves a famous name then there is nothing to worry about, because not all ICO is a scam and there are also some good and promising projects that can give you the best return on your investment
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:21:58 AM

There are legit and scam ICOs . You need to find which one is legit or scam.
Check the team members aren research for project and company details. If they looks legit project will succeed
osipovis

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:29:02 AM

Some of the ICOs are legit but most of these are scam. I do not invest money in any of these as it requires a lot of time to find legit ones.l
SetTheDefault

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:41:02 AM

This question presupposes that every ICO is similar, and that's clearly not the case.
mcconah

Activity: 187
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:52:40 AM

Probably from the existing ICO, 80% is a scam. If you want to invest look for ICO that has a good concept, has a product, a team of developers who are experts in the field, advisors who are experts in the field, and managers who have widespread trust.

( M P C X )  Revolution Starts Here!  ( M P C X )
Digital Crypto Wealth Management Platform
bambazamba

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:01:32 AM

Most of them scam, so I try to invest in only that ICO which have a good team of members which have a long time experience in these field plus they are already members of successful ICO. This tends to increase trust in their system and also note their market potential and idea as it also help the ICO at the end.
kingcrypto-the2nd

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:40:24 AM

some i.c.o's are legit why some are scam,for me i look at product based i.c.o especially when is pre existed company running em.this has worked for me. moreover u can take a look at otppay currently on i.c.o they have got both like i quoted.
Britanshio

Activity: 226

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:54:24 AM

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.
They say that many of the ICO are scam so I can consider that it is risky to invest our money to the ICO. I prefer to you that before you invest your money to the different ICO you must have a lot of knowledge.

I will agree that you must preferable and knwoledgeable for every situation especially to choose the best ICO project.I know a lot of scammer involve on this event and we consider also that the legit must larger than scammer.
semar nyengir

Activity: 113

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:04:14 PM

this is usually seen from the movement or sale on the ico if successful then very few opportunities to become a scam and if it fails then many possibilities ico or the project is a scam.
yusuf98

Activity: 307
Merit: 119

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:23:16 PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.
of course if you choose one of the ICO is being discussed and the newly emerging new ICO better you are less dilute in determining the good ICO so as not to disappoint in the future such as scam or so
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: