Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:48:18 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XSH] TOR/i2p, Quantum proof, MN, PoS/PoW, Fully ano, SHIELD  (Read 154341 times)
trgnn

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:57:29 PM

When you create your wallet, electrum is giving you a seed and you have to choose a pass. You'll need it to restore everything. If you have any doubt, just move the files, don't delete.

nicog5

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:04:53 PM

all the coins from the electrum purse disappeared. Angry

Hey Atotarho,

That should not happen? Can you tell me a little more about what happend before/after in pm's so we can help you?

the SHIELD team.

SAME ! I tried to send a transaction, the wallet was showing "broadcasting transaction" since minutes so I closed it. I reopened it and it's empty. .........

Ok, solved. Go to your AppData/roaming folder and delete everything in the Electrum-XSH folder. Start your wallet and use your seed to restore it. And poof, all transactions are shown confirmed and everything is back to normal.

Is this a serious solution? If we delete everything in the appdata folder where exactly does the seed exsist? Legit question?!

You must delete in appdata->electum-xsh all but hold the wallet folder. Don't delete it. After that you can run the new wallet and all works and are confirmed!
Great work! Thanks Devs!
trgnn

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:05:58 PM

Hold the wallet but put it elsewhere.

darkly spectre

Activity: 308
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:05:44 PM

god I hate electrum with a passion.

First it was -1 blocks.

download new wallet. - 1 block

delete everything except the wallet file. blocks appear. excellent.

electrum crashing AGAIN (there is a 50/50% chance of it crashing if I press the network button)

load it up again.

no connection.

Roll Eyes

The fact that the damn wallet crashing whenever I press the network button to check blocks is really infuriating
trgnn

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:49:28 PM

god I hate electrum with a passion.

First it was -1 blocks.

download new wallet. - 1 block

delete everything except the wallet file. blocks appear. excellent.

electrum crashing AGAIN (there is a 50/50% chance of it crashing if I press the network button)

load it up again.

no connection.

Roll Eyes

The fact that the damn wallet crashing whenever I press the network button to check blocks is really infuriating

We need a proper and beautiful windows/linux qt wallet  Grin

KhunChan

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:14:52 PM

We are happy to announce that we have just released a new (better) version of our wallet.
The blockchain explorers are properly working. Also, sending SHIELD to others is now fully working.
https://github.com/ShieldCoin/SHIELD/releases/download/v1.1/Electrum-Windows-2.4.2.zip

- The SHIELD team

Everything works. Thank you.
TheKryptonian

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:32:43 PM

We are happy to announce that we have just released a new (better) version of our wallet.
The blockchain explorers are properly working. Also, sending SHIELD to others is now fully working.
https://github.com/ShieldCoin/SHIELD/releases/download/v1.1/Electrum-Windows-2.4.2.zip

- The SHIELD team

Bravo for the quick dev!

All the people having trouble on this thread - are you using the latest version?

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Wmj0FSsK9ofql0ZFm

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:40:52 PM

Hello everyone

SHIELD [XSH] added to https://umine.org/

Low fee 0.5%, payouts every hour!

PoW algo - myr-gr

-a myr-gr -o stratum+tcp://s.umine.org:5433 -u SYXQAHstUdfMb3cqDN3XyEj38GUwEW75U4 -p c=XSH

Happy mining!

Is umine using the latest daemon? If not, can you please update? Thanks.
xaeder

Activity: 90

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:04:52 AM

Pool owners please update, we're getting orphaned blocks all over
avirdoz
Legendary

Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:14:32 AM

umine node ver. 2.1.0.0-fdd2d9f-fun
and fresh github = 2.1.0.0-ada57c6-beta, don't know how, but umine seems on right chain.
xaeder

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:20:07 AM

Umine hitting blocks every second or two, something isn't right here
gregor71

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:38:09 AM

Umine hitting blocks every second or two, something isn't right here
I have the same strange situation on the pool. First the blocks were confirmed, then all were lost. Payments did not reach the addressees. Some and the same blocks show different information on different pools. The complexity dropped to 0.00x for algo myr-gr.

What's happening?

My version wallet v2.1.0.0-4e6c77c-beta
xaeder

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:57:10 AM

Perhaps the chain split somewhere, I see both umine and bearded pool not having same height at the same time. Yiimp might be lagging though. But something weird is happening and a lot of blocks are orphaned on both pools. Guess we'll have to wait for dev and see what's going on the blockchain and which blockchain is correct now
Wmj0FSsK9ofql0ZFm

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:55:09 AM

I think what happened is bearded is running on the updated daemon, but umine is still on the old daemon.

Since umine has the majority hash, it outcompetes all other chains and causes chain splits.

So if you run the new daemon, switch back to the old one, delete the blockchain and resync, and wait until umine update their daemon.

Edit:
umine node ver. 2.1.0.0-fdd2d9f-fun
and fresh github = 2.1.0.0-ada57c6-beta, don't know how, but umine seems on right chain.

That's strange. So does that mean umine is running an updated daemon?

The devs need to make sure that all pools update their daemons ASAP.
TheKryptonian

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:15:34 AM

I think if the chains actually split it wouldn't be causing orphan blocks, right?  They'd just fork and each find their own blocks, and be at different heights?  The difference in heights is small enough that I think it's just YIIMP lag.

But yes, all pools need to update to latest daemon and be on same version.  Even if it's not splitting, its causing instability.

The orphans by the way are probably also due to the fast block times.  The difficulty doesn't rise a whole lot, which means solutions being submitted multiple times will be a semi-regular occurrence.

Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Wmj0FSsK9ofql0ZFm

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:20:26 AM

I think if the chains actually split it wouldn't be causing orphan blocks, right? They'd just fork and each find their own blocks, and be at different heights? The difference in heights is small enough that I think it's just YIIMP lag.

But yes, all pools need to update to latest daemon and be on same version.  Even if it's not splitting, its causing instability.

The orphans by the way are probably also due to the fast block times.  The difficulty doesn't rise a whole lot, which means solutions being submitted multiple times will be a semi-regular occurrence.

Yes, but I think it depends on the way the pool checks for orphans. Bearded has a bunch of orphans following a bunch of confirmed blocks, but the difficulty for all of them is <1 for myr-groestl, which is just not possible when competing with umine on the main chain. So yeah I think we're witnessing a fork because of non-updated daemons.
TheKryptonian

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:30:32 AM

I think if the chains actually split it wouldn't be causing orphan blocks, right? They'd just fork and each find their own blocks, and be at different heights? The difference in heights is small enough that I think it's just YIIMP lag.

But yes, all pools need to update to latest daemon and be on same version.  Even if it's not splitting, its causing instability.

The orphans by the way are probably also due to the fast block times.  The difficulty doesn't rise a whole lot, which means solutions being submitted multiple times will be a semi-regular occurrence.

Yes, but I think it depends on the way the pool checks for orphans. Bearded has a bunch of orphans following a bunch of confirmed blocks, but the difficulty for all of them is <1 for myr-groestl, which is just not possible when competing with umine on the main chain. So yeah I think we're witnessing a fork because of non-updated daemons.

Does it help to note that the difficulties all match up across the block numbers in the three explorers?

https://umine.org/explorer/XSH
https://beardedpool.fr/explorer/XSH
https://bigmine.org/explorer/XSH

Or would that happen even if they forked?  Difficulty would be re-targeting differently on forked chains, right?

Edit: matching blockhashes too.

Wmj0FSsK9ofql0ZFm

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:31:46 AM

Does it help to note that the difficulties all match up across the block numbers in the three explorers?

Or would that happen even if they forked?  Difficulty would be re-targeting differently on forked chains, right?

Ah good point. Blockhashes match, so theyre on the same chain. My bad.
TheKryptonian

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:33:59 AM

Ah good point. Blockhashes match, so theyre on the same chain. My bad.

No worries, it's good to talk these things out.  I don't know much about this stuff, still learning.

For anyone trying to follow the conversation: it looks like all three pools are still on the same chain.

Wmj0FSsK9ofql0ZFm

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:39:23 AM

No worries, it's good to talk these things out.  I don't know much about this stuff, still learning.

For anyone trying to follow the conversation: it looks like all three pools are still on the same chain.

Still, how would you explain the difficulty discrepancy for the Confirmed blocks on the Bearded pool vs the difficulties for the same block height on their explorer? Maybe their explorer is on the right chain, but their pool daemon is not?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: