Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:30:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Ever Be Shutdown?  (Read 2846 times)
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:55:45 AM

I was just wondering, what would it take for the Bitcoin Network to be shutdown completely?
Aside from having no electricity, no internet and all countries implementing a total ban on Bitcoin there could be another futuristic reasons that could possibly make Bitcoin disappear. Worldwide EMP attack, Asteriod impact and end of the world are worst than all of those listed above it could even end the human race. It might not happen today but could possibly be happening in the future but of course I am hoping that it won't come true. Bitcoin is unstoppable without those lists.
I think you are indicating towards the doom day. That will Of course happen which will destroy everything with it on that day but that is totally a different topic from this. When this entire universe will end then who cares about bitcoin?
The primary priority of humans is life if there will be no life the rest of the things will be meanless.
stepwilli

Activity: 1042
Merit: 273

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:13:17 PM

I agree that there is nothing eternal in this world and absolutely everything has its beginning and end, but I think that bitcoin is at the beginning of its journey and its end is still far away, although the events are developing very rapidly.
I think this topic is senseless, because if someone is earning from a site how can he asked a question like this? Does he fear of shutting down of bitcoin because of his investment or anything else ?

Nothing can stop bitcoin from prevailing all over the world and you will see that in the near future bitcoin will be the only usable digital currency in the world. There is nothing to worry about the shutting down of bitcoin.
rockyram

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:24:51 PM

One this will made this happen. No electricity. With this everything will go dark. No internet no bank transfers no tv no nothing everything is dark.
This is one of possible ways, other involves that in some crazy scenario all countries go bankrupt then maybe bitcoin would fall to or will go up so high that you could buy state for 1 bitcoin.

Yes.Bitcoin is ever and never get shut down.It will possible only if the internet is no more from the world.I think now,world was not run without internet.Now even in a remote village the internet is in process.So it is not at all possible to make the Bitcoin as no more or Shut down.
rb26

Activity: 247
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:48:03 PM

I was just wondering, what would it take for the Bitcoin Network to be shutdown completely?

The Bitcoin Network fully relies on the existence of the internet. Considering this fact, we can say that the only way to shutdown Bitcoin completely is by shutting down the internet itself. Another is electricity. No electricity, no Internet. So if you shutdown these two then you could probably shutdown the entire Bitcoin Network. Well that is if you can Roll Eyes

Ziomuro27

Activity: 406

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:52:20 PM

You have a wonderful question sir, for me Bitcoin will never get shutdown because it is apart of our society and gives the economy harmony to the people it gives them happiness contentment where they can find the true meaning of existence of themselves, trying to give everything just to help other people is a part of bitcoin nowadyas so it will never get shutdown.

center]
           ▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
WINDICE

▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀

OPlay NowO

Follow Us
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
[/center]
Mikelude

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:59:15 PM

it may be possible in the nearest future
koeb88

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:03:50 PM

One this will made this happen. No electricity. With this everything will go dark. No internet no bank transfers no tv no nothing everything is dark.
This is one of possible ways, other involves that in some crazy scenario all countries go bankrupt then maybe bitcoin would fall to or will go up so high that you could buy state for 1 bitcoin.

That is a nice answer. I would also say if all governments do not get their taxes, because of cryptocurrencies, they would work together to stop bitcoin. Maybe they find a way to stop it, but it will be much expensive.
Nagrogflaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:07:05 PM

I do not know what this means. for now bitcoin will not shutdown completely because people have used it a lot and many have benefited from the bitcoin, although some countries forbid it but people will find another way for bitcoin business

Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 06:42:38 AM

As to what has happened in China there really is a large possibility that it can be shutdown or banned entirely in a place or country. Woth this in minf it is almost a neccessity that we be able to be ambassadors of bitcoin to the public and society.
In between the speculations bitcoin is surviving with great succession. From the beginning rivalries of bitcoin is trying to defeat it at any cost but they cannot do anything bad with bitcoin. Bitcoin is so much strong than the thinking of his enemies. Hopefully bitcoin will go ahead toward his destination with succession forever and nothing will shut down in future.
whitemacna

Activity: 123

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:35:10 PM

To be able to completely shut down the Bitcoin network all Bitcoin nodes should be destroyed which is those computers that runs bitcoin client software and has a blockchain on it. It's impossible to do that since Bitcoin nodes are spreading worldwide.as far as I know the bitcoin archive are in for conditioning,hard drive so no electricity, no internet not kill it. The government could regulate Bitcoin into oblivion if they really wanted to, the government has this sort of power to be able to kill Bitcoin off at any moment.
dynospytan

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:40:12 PM

Definitely no.  I think bitcoin cannot be shutdown by anyone,  yes it can be banned but they cannot remove it.  We all know that the main access to earn bitcoin is by through internet connection. Without it we cannot earn any digital cryptocurrency so if they want shut down bitcoin they must go first the internet connection.
9jaflick

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:58:40 PM

the sooner you start think positively the better for you. Bitcoin can be shutdown, this can only happen only when there is no more internet connection.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:15:17 AM

the sooner you start think positively the better for you. Bitcoin can be shutdown, this can only happen only when there is no more internet connection.
Bitcoin can also be shutdown if the demand on the market of bitcoin is gone. We can say that bitcoin can never be shutdown because it have a good market as of now and the demand is just keep on coming in bitcoin and i think that in the long run, we can still say that bitcoin is on a good health but after 100 years, bitcoin can be shutdown because of the loss of interest by the investor because of the being old in technology.
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:40:18 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 12:57:02 AM by Cherylstar86

Well, no electricity, and no internet connection would kill BTC for sure! You wouldn't be able to make any transactions without these.
Other issue can be all the countries in the world ban BTC, but this will not restrict it's circulation, as no internet connection do!
as far as I know the bitcoin archive are in for conditioning,hard drive so no electricity, no internet not kill it. However it will not be traded, only exists in the form of worthless. no electricity, no internet, the world will going back to Neolithic

Exactly, bitcoin can never be shutdown unless it will be hacked and make the system to destroyed which can cause a totally shut down but as of this moment it's impossible to be happened. Bitcoin was designed to its highly secured system which can't easily to be hacked nor to destroy the system. As the bitcoin will works only via online system on the internet connection powered by the electricity it will never be shutdown at all.
RheamaeElbanbuena

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:57:04 AM

I think bitcoin can not shut down because it's one of the most popular in the country..and bitcoin has the most sites here and it's the biggest company
AltheaHeart14

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:02:06 AM

If there is no electricity and internet connection we cennot use bitcoin and we cannot do bitcoin transaction but it cannot totally shut it down, maybe if the government has a restriction for using or totally ban the bitcoin in your country or maybe if somebody will hacked all the data and force it to shut down but  because of its secured system i think it wont happen.

● ALAX.io  | The Blockchain App Store Designed for Gamers
█ ██████████ █       TGE    17th Apr    █ ██████████ █
tannerchum

Activity: 350

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:22:19 AM

Not at this time, because everyone pampers the pleasure of what they have get from bitcoin. It will shutdown unless no one will continue prosper in bitcoin. But at these time it keeps booming to the higest point evethough the price is flactuated. But many bitcoiner stood up and hold, waiting for the right time. So no exact reason yet, why it shutdown.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
kalawang

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:25:12 AM

No! The value of bitcoin now is too low so many people will biy more if the bitcoin will go down so there is no reason and no one can kill bitcoin bitcoin is a technology that can change our econonomy so maybe it will continue to grow.
Rulelies

Activity: 277

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:26:47 AM

Several things can shutdown Bitcoin. First if everyone decide at the same time that they are no longer interested in Bitcoin. Second if all government agencies in every country block every Bitcoin, cryptocurrency and Blockchain related ip addresses from access. Third if electricity fails, fourth if there is no internet.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord             synthetic asset trading 
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange 
rosepetals

Activity: 650
Merit: 100

Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:32:39 AM

It will totally shutdown if adoptors will stop using it.Aside from losing internet connection and electricity bitcoiners play a very great role on bitcoin history where we truly believe on bitcoins potential to make our lives to be financially free.Bitcoin is worthless if we stop using it but most probably it will not happen because bitcoin nowadays were already popular eventhough it has been through the toughest times but positively it will recover soon and this will not easily shutdown.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: