Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 10:15:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Ever Be Shutdown?  (Read 2846 times)
Lintel

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:25:03 AM

I was just wondering, what would it take for the Bitcoin Network to be shutdown completely?

maybe if  in this world will become no electricity and no internet , of course no bitcoin or blockchain anymore as the transaction is being done through internet. thats the only reason  I think it will completely shutdown the blockchain world.
#davidnugroho

Activity: 317
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:32:32 AM

bitcoin is a new technology in the world of crypto and financial so this penemuan should be developed better not stopped because good technology should be developed.
soramon

Activity: 983
Merit: 100

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:33:35 AM

Nah i think impossible bitcoin cant be shutdown except no one buys bitcoin , no internet connection , every countries in this world banned bitcoin. Its so hard to shut down bitcoin nowadays people more likely to invest their money on virtual money. I think in the future people will use virtual money on transcaction.

SuperFruit

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 11:34:00 AM

As it was already mentioned, we would have to happen to be in the world without the electricity. But what is the probability of this happening? Very close to zero. But still the most probably thing which would prevent Bitcoin from existing.
Twinscoin2017

Activity: 1009
Merit: 328

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:41:19 AM

Nah i think impossible bitcoin cant be shutdown except no one buys bitcoin , no internet connection , every countries in this world banned bitcoin. Its so hard to shut down bitcoin nowadays people more likely to invest their money on virtual money. I think in the future people will use virtual money on transcaction.
I think bitcoin can never be shutdown because it is now slowly become the part of our daily life. Many people today trust bitcoin as their daily source of an amazing income i think bitcoin will become more profitable in the near future and I think it would really become the number one source of an extra income.
Bitcoinnumberone

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:45:13 AM

I was just wondering, what would it take for the Bitcoin Network to be shutdown completely?
To be able to completely shut down the Bitcoin network all Bitcoin nodes should be destroyed which is those computers that runs bitcoin client software and has a blockchain on it. It's impossible to do that since Bitcoin nodes are spreading worldwide. Other ways to shutdown bitcoin, If all people lose interest using it, All countries ban of using it, Government shuting down electricity and internet connections. These are all possible scenarios but highly unlikely to happen.

Bitcoin can be shutdown in the absence of electricity or of internet connection because bitcoin is powered by those. Bitcoin has grown already after a number of years, we must try to do something to improve it and not to abort it.
gusevli

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:48:01 AM

Some countries tried banning bitcoins but its citizens are still investing with one or another. Thus, it is impossible to shut it down completely.
poletando

Activity: 364

PlayGame.com

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:51:00 AM

for other reason like the secuirty and the other things i think it can shutdown, as we can know that bitcoin is the one of most popular currency in the world but it can shutdown if the bad people use bitcoin to do something bad in the world, like terror about a country and etc

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
Whitepaper Powering real economy in the gaming world Onepager
Telegram ENG / IND Group Channel ⟩──MediumTwitterYouTube
saedasda

Activity: 147

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:52:30 AM

Well, no electricity, and no internet connection would kill BTC for sure! You wouldn't be able to make any transactions without these.
Other issue can be all the countries in the world ban BTC, but this will not restrict it's circulation, as no internet connection do!

I don't think that's the main reason because we can substitute solar energy to run our desktop and internet. I think if all country would agree to ban bitcoin or no one would like to buy bitcoin.

Krillin61

Activity: 314
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:04:04 PM

maybe that could be hapepen when we experience lacks or lost of electricity or the internet because bitcoin is powered by those. but instead of thinking on how to shutdown the bitcoin, why do not we think about how it will work better.
cunguks

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:04:27 PM

for other reason like the secuirty and the other things i think it can shutdown, as we can know that bitcoin is the one of most popular currency in the world but it can shutdown if the bad people use bitcoin to do something bad in the world, like terror about a country and etc
I don't think bitcoin no one can shut down bitcoin. Even if many bad people use it, it doesn't matter. No country has authority to shut bitcoin down. Country can only restrict or forbid their society to access bitcoin. And I'm sure not all country will do that cause the potential of bitcoin is too much that anyone never expected.

lowellsniper

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:05:15 PM

Bitcoin will not be shutdown surely because many people are aiming For this to join, and if no electricity no internet, bitcoin are still alive.
B4rk4d4

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:10:22 PM

Well, bitcoin will be shutdown if there are no more investors on it and if internet and electricity is gone bitcoin will sure be shutdown because it is a digital coin.
Amrxx

Activity: 53

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:30:15 PM

A complete ban on this currency and the introduction of criminal liability for use! And find a way to regulate this market!
EEEian

Activity: 246

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:32:17 PM

There are some people speculating that a government shutdown could end up reducing faith in the USD and therefore result in BTC increasing in value.Personally I think there's no correlation and regardless of what happens with the government,BTC will do what BTC does,
independently.I honestly can't say.Government workers could go on furlough.Meaning suspended.Could cause a myriad of issued last time this haired was october 2013 iirc,but it only lasted a couple weeks so nothing too serious happened
MUSFIKAR

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:35:25 PM

You do not have to think about the negative. It is time for us to think about further developments, because it is clear that blockchain technology will make major changes in all sectors when implemented. For starters, there are currently some companies that have started using blockchain technology. If you intend to shut down your own Network, I think yes. That is the best way anyone who dislikes Bitcoin can stayoff without hurting the common Bitcoin Network.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:39:13 PM

Kill the power source. That's it. But it is quite impossible to man a global loss of electricity. Next best thing to keep bitcoins gone is by killing the blockchain. Without the blockchain, there will be no bitcoins and cryptocurrency. But it is impossible to kill the blockchain because it links all the computers around the world.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
dianepot

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:43:18 PM

I think this aint going to happen . Just the fact that no one controls bitcoin . There might be some times that bitcoin price was manipulated but it doesnt mean that its going to be lost. When there is demand, there is an instance that the future is bitcoin or cryptocurrency . Since other countries already started to regulate bitcoin , it will be more well-known and lots of people will be going to use it .
pleght

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:43:27 PM

You must end your mining process to completely shut down the bitcoin web.The state will have to take a joint decision to end the mining.I do not think it would be possible for all countries to make joint decisions.

SabrinaBianka

Activity: 633
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:45:28 PM

Never ever happens that predictions. No one can shutdown a bitcoin, because its decentralize you can delete some of files. But they have a lot of copies in the different software. So bitcoin never shutdown or to be hacked.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: