Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:34:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Ever Be Shutdown?  (Read 2849 times)
Findingnemo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 793

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:09:15 PM

Bitcoin can be shutdown if the internet or the electricity are down in all the country of the world and i don't think that is possible

Yes it is a new thinking but opinion is when the people not to use online currencies bitcoin may be shutdown or die but it is not possible in today’s generation and online currency are very comfortable for them to access easily.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
MetalGear

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:10:58 PM

I was just wondering, what would it take for the Bitcoin Network to be shutdown completely?

Well I guess you should first convince everyone that bitcoin is not a good thing to deal with before you can actually shut it down. When things like this have become engaged in the economy, it will be nearly impossible to stop it because some people will still supports it no matter what. As long as there is a country where it is allowed to be operated and the people has freedom to choose, I can say that bitcoin will last until mankind ends.
yonjitsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:07:12 PM

It will be shutdown only if its creator Satoshi Nakamoto decided to shut it down forever. But why would he will do that? Seeing how his/their creation's success over the past 10 years will are making them proud and wealthy. So i don't think bitcoin will ever be shutdown for good.

KrishaBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:44:59 PM

I was just wondering, what would it take for the Bitcoin Network to be shutdown completely?

Absolutely yes it can be shutdown like if we are having disasters, wars or crisis then everything that related to the Bitcoin network processing  will be shutdown or will be affected like the electricity, communications and internet connection. Without these tools Bitcoin will be gone.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                        
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
Aprilperez1

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:53:32 PM

Yes bitcoin is a decentralized coin so no one can manipulate the price but they have a developers that keep the bitcoin in good condition. And the supporters of bitcoin around the world is very strong. So it is never beened shutdown.
Tenderino

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:58:27 PM

I am not aware that anything in the history of the mankind was shot down ever be and this circumstance alone guarantees that it will not happen to bitcoin as well. Theoretically and practically it could be shut down in local areas without electricity and internet, but if you live in those areas you will have other problems than electronic money not working.  
Fire316

Activity: 281

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:05:34 PM

Maybe it will be happen to bitcoin if we go back to ancient time which is there is no electricity supply because we are all know that bitcoin is online digital currency which always need an internet that also need electricy for every transaction. Even Government ban bitcoin as long as there is an internet bitcoin will continue to live and exist in this world.
Drakula

Activity: 421
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:08:35 PM

It will be shutdown only if its creator Satoshi Nakamoto decided to shut it down forever. But why would he will do that? Seeing how his/their creation's success over the past 10 years will are making them proud and wealthy. So i don't think bitcoin will ever be shutdown for good.
I agree with you but I think it won't happen. I think Bitcoin will stay longer and the price will increase. People continuously supporting it so there's no way that could bring Bitcoin down.
AnnaGeraMsk

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:18:55 PM

if we analyze how Bitcoin started its way and what it went through, we can conclude that no, it will stop only if the Internet dies!
xieqieshangu9

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:21:47 PM

Only when governments around the world unite to shut down the Internet and power systems, BTC's systems can be shut down!

Of course, shutting down the world's networks and power systems would be devastating to the world economy.
Morticio

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:31:39 PM

I am not aware that anything in the history of the mankind was shot down ever be and this circumstance alone guarantees that it will not happen to bitcoin as well. Theoretically and practically it could be shut down in local areas without electricity and internet, but if you live in those areas you will have other problems than electronic money not working.  
I kind of agree with you! But I think that in principle everything is possible! In fact, bitcoin lives, while people believe in it and keep their money in it! If what you describe is going to happen, many will just start selling their bitcoins, which will cause panic in the entire crypto-currency market and people in principle may lose interest in bitcoin, which in principle is commensurate with its disappearance!
P60

Activity: 378

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:35:54 PM

Bitcoin will not be shutdown; the price will fall but it will never gone. Bitcoin is now becoming powerful and the demand of people is getting higher so it is impossible for Bitcoin to be gone.

atetess

Activity: 305
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:50:03 PM

Yes,  it will if internet will shut down too.  If it is possible in our new generation that internet will totally shut down then bitcoin will probably shutdown too,  but if it is imposible, then bitcoin will take effect as long as there are existing users.

btcgainer24724

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:57:16 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency which is work trough the internet conection.so it can stu down if there will be no electricity and no net connection.You wouldn't be able to make any transactions without these Smiley
Rkss4

Activity: 980
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:58:28 PM

No, bitcoin never shout down. Though governments should take a negative step on bitcoin then it has highly possible to shout down bitcoin. But governments should take a positive step then I sure that bitcoin never shout down.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌     Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:05:28 AM

Bitcoin can not be shut down anymore because it is already in the holders who has the authority to used it, their is a chance if internet globally will shut down and that's the time bitcoin will shut down.
bentong talong

Activity: 383

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:11:00 AM

Bitcoin can not be shut down anymore because it is already in the holders who has the authority to used it, their is a chance if internet globally will shut down and that's the time bitcoin will shut down.
I definitely agree with you. There's no enough reason to shutdown Bitcoin. Bitcoin is popular and still number one so I don't think it will be gone. I have a positive feeling that it will stay.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
goaldigger

Activity: 2394
Merit: 357

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:12:14 AM

There is only one entity and it is so powerful. THE GOVERNMENT. They are only the big thing that can destroy bitcoin, cryptocurrency and all of our dreams with it. Just a single signature can ruin it all. But based from what is happening now, its reversed. Governments wanted to adopt on cryptocurrency one at a time.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
george888055

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:44:22 AM

Bitcoin network will not be shutdown. If miners stop mining bitcoin, new miners will realize an economic advantage to mining as it will cost less to mine than the profits realized and new miners will come into the network, stabilizing the difficulty.
drukoz2

Activity: 395
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:18:00 PM

Most likely, a complete ban by the majority of the world's States will really be able to stop bitcoin. But it's more of a fantasy than a reality.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: