Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:35:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Gold : Make Bitcoin Decentralized Again  (Read 153032 times)
Betfair

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:58:53 PM

This the real Bitcoin Gold or another shit coin ?  Undecided
This is original coin is not a fake, we can see it later many predict that BitcoinGold will be able to rival bitcoin.
all this is still be conversation, whether coins this will be the same as bitcoincash or be a coin better than BCH, tomorrow we will be able to watch its creation of bitcoin gold in world cryptocurrency.
Lol there is only ONE original bitcoin exisit and it named BITCOIN
B
I
T
C
O
I
N

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1187

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:02:32 PM

If you guys think that BTGold will reach 1000$ then you are simply dreamers. It's imposible , I've read the first page and i'm disapointed but maybe i'm rushing with the opinion.  However it's a nice chance to make profits for those who have bitcoin , just don't miss this chance.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Terran Firebat

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:18:14 PM

Hi!
So are devs using the days in between today and the 1st to get some coins for themselves?
Cause if im remembering correctly when BCH fork happened people could start mine and trade it right after it.
sqid

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:30:32 PM

Can anyone explain to me why 'core' is against this development.   Mining with GPU seems such a good thing to do that I don't understand why it wasn't just incorporated into Bitcoin.
If that had happened it would be so much simpler.   I don't understand why this idea had to get a fork to be realized.
Someone please enlighten me Huh
Betfair

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:32:35 PM

If you guys think that BTGold will reach 1000$ then you are simply dreamers. It's imposible , I've read the first page and i'm disapointed but maybe i'm rushing with the opinion.  However it's a nice chance to make profits for those who have bitcoin , just don't miss this chance.
let s hope this hits the ground asap and scammers never tries to fork bitcoin again.
wajik-tempe

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:46:51 PM

appeared new coins from hardfork bitcoin already 2 now...it looks like they named it with the same name as bitcoin to gain trust
but basically they just take your bitcoin and exchange it with bitcoingold coins then they get bitcoin and sell it
this is like a conspiracy perpetrated by fraudsters and get your bitcoin
thiec

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:55:21 PM

Can anyone explain to me why 'core' is against this development.   Mining with GPU seems such a good thing to do that I don't understand why it wasn't just incorporated into Bitcoin.
If that had happened it would be so much simpler.   I don't understand why this idea had to get a fork to be realized.

Good thing for what? If bitcoin can have as simple as say fork to fork, than there no security at all for holding it

Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:01:47 PM

A statment from HitBTC https://hitbtc.com/ .BTG trading markets on HitBTC are going to be open on October 25th.
They have starterted trading Bitcoin Gold but you have to be logged in to see the Bitcoin Gold trade, it does not show up in list on there front page.
BTCdoaA

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:06:19 PM

A statment from HitBTC https://hitbtc.com/ .BTG trading markets on HitBTC are going to be open on October 25th.
They have starterted trading Bitcoin Gold but you have to be logged in to see the Bitcoin Gold trade, it does not show up in list on there front page.
Bitcoin Gold will be listed among all major exchange even we can see it @poloniex but how long the current price hold ?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Children of Gaia

Activity: 588
Merit: 116

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:09:42 PM

Scammers gonna scam. Shitscamcoin of the year or how to create money from the air and idiots.
tommypinto

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:11:28 PM

Oh my... I missed everything  Cry while was choosing altcoins to buy dip, the thing with Bitcoin Gold has already changed the prices... Why did I think the fork should be tomorrow  Huh
kenmasters34

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:30:29 PM

Every time there is a fork, it dilutes the true value of Bitcoin.  Segwit2X will make 3 forks in 4 months?   Its out of control.
m1000

Activity: 72

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:30:07 PM

Hello.

I have saw this trading happening here:
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-gold/#markets

How can I retrieve bitcoin gold using my paper wallet or Electrum Wallet? 

Thanks.
vitocorp

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:22:08 PM

Bitcoin Gold (BTG) is a new cryptocurrency that separated from the bitcoin blockchain earlier today, and that has been rather controversial since it was first introduced. Recently, on Twitter, the project’s developer team stated that its website was under a “massive DDoS attack,” which managed to take it down.
Bitcoin Gold, as bitcoin developer Jimmy Song explained, was introduced rather abruptly by China-based bitcoin miner Jack Liao. Its goal is to create an ASIC-resilient mining ecosystem wherein the gap between GPU/CPU mining and ASIC mining is smaller.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-gold-website-taken-down-by-massive-ddos-attack/
BitcoinReseller

Activity: 386
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:08:12 PM

i guess dev are busy with mining now, they will release blockchain and more wallet within next week.

▓▓▓ ➤ Start Your Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ➤ Best Bitcoin Paying Sites ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 09:24:42 PM

Hello.

I have saw this trading happening here:
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-gold/#markets

How can I retrieve bitcoin gold using my paper wallet or Electrum Wallet? 

Thanks.

Right now you cannot you will have to wait until the network goes live and then just import your private key into a TRUSTED wallet and you are free to send wherever you like
desmodiAN

Activity: 164
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:41:08 PM

there are major factors speaking against the btg product.

btg developers are not transparent. they make a snapshot of the BTC chain, but have not all features implemented yet. they have loads of preassigned coins in their code.

Jamie Redman summarize the weakness well in an article (here shortened):
the team does not have a testnet of the network created... the BTG project still implements the same per-block difficulty adjustment as bitcoin (BTC) in its code, and has no signs of an Emergency Difficulty Adjustment (EDA). Additionally, unlike the website’s claims, there is no replay attack protection added to the protocol...

check their github for other scary issues:
only 4 days ago they submitted a bounty to anyone who can provide code for replay protection

and last for all who didnt understand, that this is not a real fork atm:
the few exchanges that are trading Bitcoin Gold are doing so internally. There is no way to mine, send, receive or interact in any way with the Bitcoin Gold chain at the moment.
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:58:25 PM

there are major factors speaking against the btg product.

btg developers are not transparent. they make a snapshot of the BTC chain, but have not all features implemented yet. they have loads of preassigned coins in their code.

Jamie Redman summarize the weakness well in an article (here shortened):
the team does not have a testnet of the network created... the BTG project still implements the same per-block difficulty adjustment as bitcoin (BTC) in its code, and has no signs of an Emergency Difficulty Adjustment (EDA). Additionally, unlike the website’s claims, there is no replay attack protection added to the protocol...

check their github for other scary issues:
only 4 days ago they submitted a bounty to anyone who can provide code for replay protection

and last for all who didnt understand, that this is not a real fork atm:
the few exchanges that are trading Bitcoin Gold are doing so internally. There is no way to mine, send, receive or interact in any way with the Bitcoin Gold chain at the moment.

I does not make for reassuring reading. The official web site is still messed up, some of the links still point to error 403, and is there a Bitcoin Gold blockchain explorer, if there is I can't find it ?
rufus59

Activity: 151
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:03:00 PM

Although this fork are always due to high transactions cost of BTC which are really annoying, but most major exchange are not supporting this BTG,
I need the countdown of this fork
sqid

Activity: 78

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:57:01 AM

Good thing for what? If bitcoin can have as simple as say fork to fork, than there no security at all for holding it

Thanks for addressing my concern.

It seems like GPU mining would be a 'good thing' for the future of cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin.    This would take the power away from large miners and give it back to the community - more individuals have an incentive to be involved in verifying the chain.    I'm sure you've heard the saying "power corrupts" - well, I think that is true and any protocol that prevents a few individuals from amassing power (like Bitmain) is good.  Decentralization is paramount to a fair system for the people and by the people!

So why didn't bitcoin 'core' take on this idea and prevent a fork?

GPU mining - no good..    I don't get what the argument is Huh   PLEASE explain! Wink   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: