Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:54:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Gold : Make Bitcoin Decentralized Again  (Read 153032 times)
Mozdalifa17

Activity: 746
Merit: 509

TIME and WAVE COINs TO REMEMBER

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:33:57 PM

Bittrex, the US-based Bitcoin and altcoin exchange has announced its official position on Bitcoin Gold. The exchange, widely regarded as a substantial player in the marketplace, had previously hesitated issuing a formal statement.
However, with the hard fork just a short time away, Bittrex has finally clarified its position on the coming fork. Per the statement, Bittrex will perform a ‘wallet snapshot’ at the time of the hard fork, which will occur at block 491,407. At that time, each BTC will receive an equivalent BTG. According to the statement:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bittrex-issues-official-statement-about-bitcoin-gold-warns-users
So the dump of large amount of bitcoin gold not started yet because bittrex hold hundreds of users but as i see today slight progress going on BTG prices .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ayuwick

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:38:48 PM

so many new topic`s  with that bitcoin gold,need to be careful.
yes .. we must be careful not to do a loss when this hardfork occurrence we must have learned about BTG to know the weakness and its advantages it will make it easier for us to be able to minimize the loss so be careful
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 12:46:08 PM

How about windows wallet? When will the coin be launched for miners?

Should be early November
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:56:04 PM

Am I too late for this?  Angry  I have 0.6 bitcoins on poloniex for a few weeks. Will I be able to claim 0.6 units of bitcoin gold? Will poloniex distribute bitcoin gold to people with btc balance???
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 01:08:57 PM

Am I too late for this?  Angry  I have 0.6 bitcoins on poloniex for a few weeks. Will I be able to claim 0.6 units of bitcoin gold? Will poloniex distribute bitcoin gold to people with btc balance???

Right now no its unlikely but if the value increases and their customers put pressure on them then they may support it eventually
Ashutosh_Tiwari

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:11:15 PM

I think it is an awesome idea.
johnsmithx

Activity: 589
Merit: 507

I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:10:46 PM

Running all 3 bitcoin clients at once is fun, can't wait to run 4 Wink

from where you got the wallet of gold? it's not available anywhere

Probably built from source that is available on github but not final and not recommended as it will be incompatible with the final version 

Of course it's built from the current source code the same way everybody else (who is not retarded) does it. There is no such thing as "final" or "not final", it's the same software that the developers develop and use and of course it is and will be "compatible" (compatible with what? this is the only bitcoin gold implementation, there is nothing else). You really shouldn't talk about something you have apparently no clue about.

The source is not complete there are things like replay protection etc to be merged which would create invalid blocks using old code once done

Are you really that stupid? Using a wallet software doesn't create any blocks, the mining does. One more time - stop talking about something that you have no clue about.

My list of 43(+3) reviewed Bitcoin forks | You don't have to download the pre-fork blockchain again for each fork! | Beware of fraudulent AWS accounts sellers and dangerous edu AWS codes! + My personal list of legit sellers and scammers | Never publicly reveal your btc addresses, ownership or any other details and stay very far away from anybody who asks you to! | The general rule of safe buying is: if the seller is a newbie, with no reputation, with no topic nor trust feedback, offering no vouches and/or selling from a locked or self-moderated topic and unwilling to go first or use escrow => AVOID. Always check the trust feedback first and make sure that you have enabled "Show untrusted feedback by default" in "Profile / Forum Profile Information".
johnsmithx

Activity: 589
Merit: 507

I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:23:24 PM

The identical balances of my BTC and BTG after the fork:

Hey, how come he already "claimed" his bgold coins?? Not only is he already using a bgold wallet which according to idiots here doesn't exist but on top of that he already has all his btg which according to idiots here shouldn't be possible yet. Wow, what a wizard he must be.

Nope, not a wizard, just a normal non-retarded person. The only little annoyance was that since they logically had to change the block files format it wasn't possible to feed bitcoin db files directly to the bgold wallet (like with bcash), the whole blockchain had to be synced all over again. From a local bitcoin instance it wasn't such a big deal, tho.

My list of 43(+3) reviewed Bitcoin forks | You don't have to download the pre-fork blockchain again for each fork! | Beware of fraudulent AWS accounts sellers and dangerous edu AWS codes! + My personal list of legit sellers and scammers | Never publicly reveal your btc addresses, ownership or any other details and stay very far away from anybody who asks you to! | The general rule of safe buying is: if the seller is a newbie, with no reputation, with no topic nor trust feedback, offering no vouches and/or selling from a locked or self-moderated topic and unwilling to go first or use escrow => AVOID. Always check the trust feedback first and make sure that you have enabled "Show untrusted feedback by default" in "Profile / Forum Profile Information".
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:36:57 PM

The identical balances of my BTC and BTG after the fork:

Hey, how come he already "claimed" his bgold coins?? Not only is he already using a bgold wallet which according to idiots here doesn't exist but on top of that he already has all his btg which according to idiots here shouldn't be possible yet. Wow, what a wizard he must be.

Nope, not a wizard, just a normal non-retarded person. The only little annoyance was that since they logically had to change the block files format it wasn't possible to feed bitcoin db files directly to the bgold wallet (like with bcash), the whole blockchain had to be synced all over again. From a local bitcoin instance it wasn't such a big deal, tho.

Unfortunately, compiling the current client will not work for me. I use a Trezor, and I do not believe the current client is compatible with the Trezor.
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 05:37:58 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2017, 05:51:15 PM by tekmobile

Running all 3 bitcoin clients at once is fun, can't wait to run 4 Wink

from where you got the wallet of gold? it's not available anywhere

Probably built from source that is available on github but not final and not recommended as it will be incompatible with the final version  

Of course it's built from the current source code the same way everybody else (who is not retarded) does it. There is no such thing as "final" or "not final", it's the same software that the developers develop and use and of course it is and will be "compatible" (compatible with what? this is the only bitcoin gold implementation, there is nothing else). You really shouldn't talk about something you have apparently no clue about.

The source is not complete there are things like replay protection etc to be merged which would create invalid blocks using old code once done

Are you really that stupid? Using a wallet software doesn't create any blocks, the mining does. One more time - stop talking about something that you have no clue about.

Your node has to accept the blocks from the miners which would be invalid on the unfinished code

Im not criticising you im doing the same but only to get the chain up to date and ready for when the final version is released where it will then be updated like you will do
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:41:02 PM

Someone saw the new BTG Electrum Gold Wallet?

http://electrum-gold.org/

Got back to school , you must try harder to scam us with your fake electrum wallet. If it was real it would be noted on the official Electrum site.

In all fairness electrum is opensource and this is just a fork of that modified for bitcoin gold but without checking the source code though it's hard to trust and I wouldn't recommend anyone use it until its been properly verified

If it is a fork where is the github source code ?

No, this is a scam as it looks like the web site is run by the same people who tried the "Claim your BTG here - just give us your BTC private keys" scam, that web site got shut down but they put this one on the same web host.
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 05:47:27 PM

Someone saw the new BTG Electrum Gold Wallet?

http://electrum-gold.org/

Got back to school , you must try harder to scam us with your fake electrum wallet. If it was real it would be noted on the official Electrum site.

In all fairness electrum is opensource and this is just a fork of that modified for bitcoin gold but without checking the source code though it's hard to trust and I wouldn't recommend anyone use it until its been properly verified

If it is a fork where is the github source code ?

No, this is a scam as it looks like the web site is run by the same people who tried the "Claim your BTG here - just give us your BTC private keys" scam, that web site got shut down but they put this one on the same web host.

I never looked to be honest I did say "without checking the source code though it's hard to trust and I wouldn't recommend anyone use it until its been properly verified"

But I do know they are working on getting this to work on electrum but yea this does not seem to be anything to do with it
Freaks
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:50:39 PM

I think it is an awesome idea.

I don't understand what idea is awesome can you explain. No innovation just another clone of bitcoin maybe you posted into wrong topic without the OP. BTG is only to help the big whales to get more coins for free and dump it to get free money.
MarcusMillstrom

Merit: 211

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 06:10:33 PM

I haven't paid attention to Bitcoin Gold lately. What's the verdict so far?

Still speculative.
Nothing has been proven yet.

coinmediaco

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:00:27 PM

we didn't claim out bitcoin gold yet, we should support bitcoin gold till we claim it and exchange into bitcoins for getting higher price  Grin
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:45:32 AM

we didn't claim out bitcoin gold yet, we should support bitcoin gold till we claim it and exchange into bitcoins for getting higher price  Grin

I think we will have to wait a while before Bitcoin Gold reaches the dizzy heights it did just after the fork, but when the wallet come out and, more importantly, the pools open up for mining the price will rise again. This is supposed to happen within the next couple of weeks so hodl no to your BTG.
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 01:16:38 AM

Has it been de-centralized again? Is the project real? How about the official launch time for mining? thank you in advance for your answers

Still planned for early november
ttyttg

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:27:20 AM

yeah, lets make Bitcoin Gold be true. Thank you for the announcement which contains interesting ideas.
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:30:22 AM

I think we will have to wait a while before Bitcoin Gold reaches the dizzy heights it did just after the fork, but when the wallet come out and, more importantly, the pools open up for mining the price will rise again. This is supposed to happen within the next couple of weeks so hodl no to your BTG.

Do we have an exact date for that or at least a target date I also want to claim my Bitcoingold but there's no available stand alone wallet right now, so far glatinum is recommended but I still want to see if it is indeed a good wallet to claim Bitcoingold.
CRYPTO America KING

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:40:30 AM

Do we have an exact date for that or at least a target date I also want to claim my Bitcoingold but there's no available stand alone wallet right now, so far glatinum is recommended but I still want to see if it is indeed a good wallet to claim Bitcoingold.

Hey guys ,

on 23th october  when this coin launched in yobit i  buy  immediately  btg at 550 dollar and after half an hour i was able to sell at 1200 dollar and now i have this coin at  180 dollar rate  and price is down yesterday price surge upto 250 dollar  but i didin't sell it because i think after network is getting alive btg will be 500  dollar to between 1000 dollar what do you think guys

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: