Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:10:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Gold : Make Bitcoin Decentralized Again  (Read 153032 times)
Snixer

Activity: 303
Merit: 43

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 09:37:39 PM

Did exchanges express their stance already on Bitcoin Gold? If so which exchanges are gonna distribute the coins to people who hold btc there?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cryptovalute24ore.it   •  Guide Semplici e Complete, Notizie e Quotazioni sulle Criptovalute   •  TELEGRAM   ▲  Acquista Gioielli Artigianali con Criptovalute su FioridiLilla.com  
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 09:42:32 PM

any possibility you can make the wallet work on testnet ?

I'd do some testing before launch ...

Code:
src/bgoldd -daemon -testnet
bgoldd: crypto/common.h:138: int init_and_check_sodium(): Assertion `crypto_sign_verify_detached(sig, message, sizeof(message), pk) != 0' failed.
Aborted

Bump....

bump once more.. any dev here ?

I don't think this thread was started by anyone from bitcoin gold so probably not

Are you anything to do with suprnova ? if so will you be supporting this for mining if so contact them at support@btcgpu.org if not done already to be listed on the website
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 09:44:02 PM

Code:
bgoldd: crypto/common.h:138: int init_and_check_sodium(): Assertion `crypto_sign_verify_detached(sig, message, sizeof(message), pk) != 0' failed.
Aborted

Bump....

I don't think this thread was started by anyone from bitcoin gold so probably not will you be supporting this once its finished and ready for launch

Hmm.. But how's anyone testing if there's nothing to test with, and "the fork" (tm) is in four days ? Smiley) Usually you'd test a week or so at least prior to launch Smiley

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 09:49:25 PM

Code:
Aborted

Bump....

I don't think this thread was started by anyone from bitcoin gold so probably not will you be supporting this once its finished and ready for launch

Hmm.. But how's anyone testing if there's nothing to test with, and "the fork" (tm) is in four days ? Smiley) Usually you'd test a week or so at least prior to launch Smiley

I know it's cutting it close but the chain snapshot is only happening on the 25th the release date will be after this last I heard it will be 1st November but I am expecting delays contact support@btcgpu.org they may be able to help you further and also get you listed on the website

Im guessing you are to do with suprnova ?
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 09:53:49 PM

Code:
Aborted

Bump....

I know it's cutting it close but the chain snapshot is only happening on the 25th the release date will be after this last I heard it will be 1st November but I am expecting delays contact support@btcgpu.org they may be able to help you further and also get you listed on the website

Yes, the snapshot etc. is fine, but since fork involves some parameters different than the original, testing is needed to get everything set up and working correctly prior to the launch.. Otherwise it'll be just a trainwreck or fork-o-rama .. or whatever when it launches.. I see for example the block header structure seems different than bitcoin and zcash, so it'd need testnet to get some blocks built and sent to the wallet for acceptance/rejectance etc..

MMh.. I don't care about the website listing but I'll try to open a ticket on their github..

EDIT: Oh and the premine isn't mentioned here (or on the website) either.. or am I blind ? Smiley

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 10:10:58 PM

EDIT: Oh and the premine isn't mentioned here (or on the website) either.. or am I blind ? Smiley

I don't think the premine is mentioned but reading the current code its 8000 blocks (~0.5%)

cryptogaga

Activity: 506
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:36:12 PM

How can a fork from Bitcoin be Equihash  Huh
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 10:45:03 PM

How can a fork from Bitcoin be Equihash  Huh

It's just a hashing algorithm (Input>Output) if you modify the software to understand and accept the new algorithm output from a certain block then it will still be valid it's not quite that simple but hopefully you know what I mean

A lot of the coins out there are derived from bitcoin but with a change of work but started from block 1 which is much simpler
Cortez7575

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:06:28 PM

Need a simple windows wallet. Why just mobile phone wallets have?

tekmobile

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 11:34:59 PM

Im sure the likes of Exodus, Jaxx etc will support it but until the codebase is finished its not really possible to do yet
cryptolord21

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:59:47 PM

Because it is based on "Equihash" we can mine it with the same available miners, like EWBF Zcash miner, right ? From what I see for now we need to get the BTC gold wallet, which is not available yet  Sad

Yeah just as i thought, it seems like BTC gold wallet isn't release yet. I'm waiting too.
cyberpitstop

Activity: 370

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:21:25 AM

I am in!!! Sounds good.
nitego

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:40:05 AM

what is to stop anyone setting up a GPU farm like ASIC farm in the same location due to energy efficiency. As it is the GPU prices have been priced such that home miners are actually better off buying the coins of exchanges, so you really are not solving any problem in my opinion
truongdhnh

Activity: 870

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:50:24 AM

Will it BTG code on exchange? I see BTG code at cryptopia but it isn't Bitcoin Gold. Why do dev select Bitcoin Gold name? What is it related to fork?
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1204

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 01:04:13 AM

Im sure the likes of Exodus, Jaxx etc will support it but until the codebase is finished its not really possible to do yet

I have coins both on Exodus and Jaxx but there's no notification yet from the devs of both wallets, I'm still waiting for their notification and it's only 3 days from here I'm hoping they will support so I can have a Bitcoingold when it launch I'm surprised it's already in exchange.

tekmobile

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 01:40:26 AM

I have coins both on Exodus and Jaxx but there's no notification yet from the devs of both wallets, I'm still waiting for their notification and it's only 3 days from here I'm hoping they will support so I can have a Bitcoingold when it launch I'm surprised it's already in exchange.

Its longer than 3 days its just the chain snapshot that's happening then and until the source is complete and can be verified I doubt any will announce anything
Fr13nd

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:14:14 AM

looks like a scam
lupanar

Activity: 1344
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:40:07 AM

Bittrex will be supporting BTG https://twitter.com/BittrexExchange/status/921971095007199233

▄███▄▄                  ▄▄███▄
▄██▄ ▀▀████▄              ▄████▀▀ ▄██▄
 ▀████▄ ▀▀████▄        ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀
█▄ ▀▀████▄ ▀▀████   ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀ ▄█
███  ▄▀▀████▄ ▀  ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀▄  ███
███  ██▄ ▀▀   ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀ ▄██  ███
███  ██▀   ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀ ▄  ▀██  ███
███  ▀  ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀  ████▄  ▀  ███
█▀   ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀████▄   ▀█
  ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀    ▀▀████▄ ▀▀████▄
████▀▀ ▄████▀▀          ▀▀████▄ ▀▀████
███  ████▀▀ ▄█▄         ▄▄ ▀▀████  ███
███  ███  ▄▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀   ███  ███
███  ███  ██▄ ▀▀  ▄███▀▀ ▄██  ███  ███
███  ███  █▀   ▄███▀▀ ▄███▀▀  ███  ███
███  ███    ▄███▀▀ ▄███▀▀  ▄  ███  ███
███  ███  ███▀▀ ▄███▀▀   ▄██  ███  ███
▀██  ███  ▀▀ ▄███▀▀  ▄██▄ ▀█  ███  ██▀
  ▀  ███  ▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄  ███  ▀
      ▀█  █▀▀            ▀▀█  █▀
LUXCORE
██████████████▄
██          ██▀█▄
██  ██████  ██  ▀█▄
██  ██████  ██    ▀█
██  ██████  ████████
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ███████       ██
██                ██
████████████████████
▬▬▬     DOWNLOAD WALLETS     ▬▬▬
| WINDOWS | MAC | LINUX | LUXBLOCKCHAIN |
████████      EXCHANGE      ████████

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
Supercoiner111

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:22:48 AM

Power to GPU, nice official ANN! Will follow enthusiastically!

bitdeep

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 11:26:39 AM

Now we have bittrex claiming that BTG has a pre-mine of 100,000 BTG:
https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002320451
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: