Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:41:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... 361 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL]Bitfinex.com first Bitcoin P2P lending platform for leverage trading  (Read 723591 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dscotese

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 04:35:39 PM

Anyone know what's going on with Bitfinex?
I tried http://downforeveryone.com/bitfinex.com/ but that says it does a redirect.  I believe it redirects to www. http://downforeveryone.com/www.bitfinex.com/says :
Received server status response code for the requested URL: 200...
However, when I try it, I get a 502 Bad Gateway.

Also, https://cryptowat.ch/bitfinex/btcusd/5min shows no activity since 8:14 (1:20:00 ago).

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
-Greed-

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 04:38:16 PM

Anyone know what's going on with Bitfinex?
https://twitter.com/bitfinex/status/623168945332158464

x3r0x

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 04:44:21 PM

I made an express withdrawal of 14k USD to my bank account and was marked as processed on JUL 13th and as of right now I have still not received my transfer. Usually it takes a day and a half for me to receive my money but this time its taking DAYS.. what could be the reason?

I have received my transfer. No problem from BFX side. Kudos!
sniveling

Activity: 719

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 04:59:02 PM

It's back up now.

They tweeted they had problems after an update and they appear to have fixed them now. I logged in and everything's the same as the last time I checked, including my trades and balances. Trading has started again so it seems like we are back to normal.
dscotese

Activity: 444

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 05:03:50 PM

When an exchange goes down, many people demand compensation for being unable to trade.  I propose that if you wish to make such a claim, sending support a single buy and a single sell order that you would have entered if you could have will give the exchange good proof that you are, actually, owed some compensation.  My trading strategy is neutral, so there are no trades that I'd send.

If you make the claim, after the price has moved a lot, that you would have traded to reduce loss or increase profit, there is too great a risk of lying about it.  Make the claim before any price moves, and accept any loss that happens before you make that claim.  Then you have a legitimate case and an honorable exchange will compensate you, and if they don't, publish!

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
commander11

Activity: 545

0x3f17f1962B36e491b30A40b2405849e597Ba5FB5

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 11:08:07 PM

Hello
update i got an answer :

When a margin position gets margin called any active orders are not cancelled by the platform. The user remains responsible for any orders he submitted himself.

Between the first margin call and the moment the existing limit order was executed there was 6 hours and enough opportunity to be able to cancel the order. We're very sorry for what happened to your position but the platform performed exactly as intended.

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If you don't have any additional questions or comments regarding ticket #470542, the ticket will automatically be closed. If you do need further assistance feel free to reply to this email.

is it normal ?? i just place a cover-the short order and when there was only 3000 USD left in account they automaitcally bought 3300 LTC again which is fail also cause not enough margin was in the account only the 3000 usd

and i was sleeping all that time when it happened ??  Why i have to delete the cover to short order it should be done automatcially Huh

as if im sitting 24 hours on the screen ?
commander11

Activity: 545

0x3f17f1962B36e491b30A40b2405849e597Ba5FB5

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 11:16:25 PM

What should i do answer them regarding the Margin was not enough and why they not close the rebuy order for the short its obvious or not ?   sorry for my english  btw

is there any chance to get my rights or am i done with that ?
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:08:33 AM

and i was sleeping all that time when it happened ??
You leave orders open when going to sleep?!

Sorry for your loss, but that is already a whole different level of negligent.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
tytanick
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 09:37:00 AM

i have strange problem using bitfinex api.
When i make order, sometimes it makes double or even triple the same orders.
anybody have this issue ?

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541084.0
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 12:26:48 PM

Bitfinex: I had registered an account with cloudminr.io with a throw-away-e-mail, so I was able to log to these scammer's homepage and see if there is anything useful for getting information about their identity.

However, I never invested a dime since I was convinced from the very beginning that it is a scam.

But now the story becomes interesting.

I used a throw-away-email.
I used a fake name.
I used a fake address.

Now I received an e-mail from Bitfinex saying that my account has been opened.

Good. I never applied for an account. So it seems that cloudminr has opened it. Or someone who bought their information. And many people who had an account with cloudminr all the sudden receive an e-mail from you, telling that they have now an account.

Bitfinex: How is it possible that you opened an account for a fully fictious person? On your homepage you write:

BITFINEX is committed in providing a safe, compliant and reputable service to our clients. For this reason, BITFINEX insists on a comprehensive and thorough KYC (Know-Your-Customer) and AML (Anti Money Laundering) compliance implementation. This includes the monitoring of suspicious transactions and obligatory reporting to local regulators and other compliance bodies.

Our AML and KYC policies differ depending on the country of origin of which our clients are located and furthermore recorded against through the BITFINEX registration process. The specific AML and KYC policies as per regional jurisdiction are located below. Our compliance framework ensures that regulatory requirements are being adhered to at both a local and global level, instilling a level of trust and ensuring BITFINEX will continue to operate uninterrupted.

BITFINEX reserves the right to refuse registration to persons from or in jurisdictions that do not meet international AML standards or could be considered as a Politically Exposed Person.

BITFINEX reserves the right to verify our users and their transactions. In addition to this, any attempt to abuse BITFINEX or its platform will result in an immediate account suspension.ommitted in providing a safe, compliant and reputable service to our clients. For this reason, BITFINEX insists on a comprehensive and thorough KYC (Know-Your-Customer) and AML (Anti Money Laundering) compliance implementation. This includes the monitoring of suspicious transactions and obligatory reporting to local regulators and other compliance bodies.

Our AML and KYC policies differ depending on the country of origin of which our clients are located and furthermore recorded against through the BITFINEX registration process. The specific AML and KYC policies as per regional jurisdiction are located below. Our compliance framework ensures that regulatory requirements are being adhered to at both a local and global level, instilling a level of trust and ensuring BITFINEX will continue to operate uninterrupted.

BITFINEX reserves the right to refuse registration to persons from or in jurisdictions that do not meet international AML standards or could be considered as a Politically Exposed Person.

BITFINEX reserves the right to verify our users and their transactions. In addition to this, any attempt to abuse BITFINEX or its platform will result in an immediate account suspension.

So there was no KYC nor any AML-process needed to open an account? At least in the case of my fake cloudminr-user

This stinks. And I'd like to get some answers from Bitfinex...
Ezmoneyezlife

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 02:26:23 PM

Bitfinex: I had registered an account with cloudminr.io with a throw-away-e-mail, so I was able to log to these scammer's homepage and see if there is anything useful for getting information about their identity.

However, I never invested a dime since I was convinced from the very beginning that it is a scam.

But now the story becomes interesting.

I used a throw-away-email.
I used a fake name.
I used a fake address.

Now I received an e-mail from Bitfinex saying that my account has been opened.

Good. I never applied for an account. So it seems that cloudminr has opened it. Or someone who bought their information. And many people who had an account with cloudminr all the sudden receive an e-mail from you, telling that they have now an account.

Bitfinex: How is it possible that you opened an account for a fully fictious person? On your homepage you write:

BITFINEX is committed in providing a safe, compliant and reputable service to our clients. For this reason, BITFINEX insists on a comprehensive and thorough KYC (Know-Your-Customer) and AML (Anti Money Laundering) compliance implementation. This includes the monitoring of suspicious transactions and obligatory reporting to local regulators and other compliance bodies.

BITFINEX reserves the right to verify our users and their transactions. In addition to this, any attempt to abuse BITFINEX or its platform will result in an immediate account suspension.ommitted in providing a safe, compliant and reputable service to our clients. For this reason, BITFINEX insists on a comprehensive and thorough KYC (Know-Your-Customer) and AML (Anti Money Laundering) compliance implementation. This includes the monitoring of suspicious transactions and obligatory reporting to local regulators and other compliance bodies.

BITFINEX reserves the right to verify our users and their transactions. In addition to this, any attempt to abuse BITFINEX or its platform will result in an immediate account suspension.

So there was no KYC nor any AML-process needed to open an account? At least in the case of my fake cloudminr-user

This stinks. And I'd like to get some answers from Bitfinex...

Alot of people in crypto dont wanna use their personal data, thats one of the key points of current crypto community, whats your problem? You wanna have a Big Brother from NSA checking out every single account tracking down every single BTC you send? Every crypto exchange now has an opportunity of unverified account opening and thats fine because if someone wanna wash their dirty BTC they're gonna use BTC mixers as all the darkmarket guys do. If you wanna make a wire transfer or CC deposit or withdrawal - you have to verify your account and thats right. If finex's gonna force verification for every single account - they will simply lose alot of customers, why should they do that?
RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 05:53:02 PM

snip

Alot of people in crypto dont wanna use their personal data, thats one of the key points of current crypto community, whats your problem? You wanna have a Big Brother from NSA checking out every single account tracking down every single BTC you send? Every crypto exchange now has an opportunity of unverified account opening and thats fine because if someone wanna wash their dirty BTC they're gonna use BTC mixers as all the darkmarket guys do. If you wanna make a wire transfer or CC deposit or withdrawal - you have to verify your account and thats right. If finex's gonna force verification for every single account - they will simply lose alot of customers, why should they do that?

So if someone doesn't want to reveal personal data: Fine. There are a lot of services they can use. And don't be childish: I never promoted BB or NSA. That seems to be your little obsession. The point is: When scammers can open accounts for other people and transfer stolen BTC on these accounts for laundering, then it gets dirty. One guy found BTC with a value of about 300'000  USD on his Bitfinex-account which he never opened - obviously stolen money from a scam. Now guess who's going to be fried: The scammers - who keep hiding? Bitfinex which claims that they do all necessary KYC and AML-processes? Or an identifiable person who's account information is connected to the transfer of these BTC?
Bagpipe

Activity: 151

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:55:20 PM

So Bitfinex just scammed me 3000 usd and their Support does not Answer At all i thought they are legit Huh
Well, Remember, I had executed a buy order when I ordered a sell... (or vice versa), so yes, their site is designed to take the wool out of the sheep.
Bagpipe

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 09:01:07 PM

What did you post here? Oo 20 times the same text?

No, about a hundred times, because they totally ignore all teh worst bugs on their site for a year or so they know about them. Plus, their system is only able to match about 30-50 orders per second. Did you hear me? They are able to match 30 orders per second, ano more than that and they are fully flooded.
Bagpipe

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 09:03:02 PM

One guy found BTC with a value of about 300'000  USD on his Bitfinex-account which he never opened
...How was he able to log in into an account which he never opened, please elaborate?
Bagpipe

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 09:06:37 PM

i have strange problem using bitfinex api.
When i make order, sometimes it makes double or even triple the same orders.
anybody have this issue ?
LOL, the same happens with normal web UI sometimes. And one user was wiped out in margin call due to that as well Sad
RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 09:32:23 PM

One guy found BTC with a value of about 300'000  USD on his Bitfinex-account which he never opened
...How was he able to log in into an account which he never opened, please elaborate?

Just the same way as I did it: I received an e-mail from Bitfinex on my trashmail.com-mail that I've opened an account. I tried to log in and asked for a password reset. Then I got a link, klicked on it and received a new password on my mail address.

So just for documenting it: This was the first e-mail I received:

Hello,
Welcome to Bitfinex!

You're now ready to leverage trade, exchange bitcoins and earn interests on your deposit!

You can start by familiarizing yourself with all the Bitfinex features and how to use them here

Then you can start using Bitfinex by depositing some money into your account from the deposit page

We hope that you'll enjoy our platform. We'd be glad to hear your suggestions to improve it and your feedback. Don't hesitate to contact us at contact@bitfinex.com

Important recommendations regarding security:

While we took great care of the security of our platform, it is up to you to protect the integrity of your Bitfinex user account. Below are some recommendations to protect your Bitfinex account and the funds you own in it:

Use Mozilla Firefox
    Install NoScript addon for Firefox
    Activate two-factor authentication (2FA) on Bitfinex
    Do not connect to Bitfinex on a public computer

Thank you for choosing us and enjoy Bitfinex!

Then I asked for a password reset:

Hello,
Reset your password

Someone asked to have your password reset on Bitfinex. If you did not do that, please ignore this email.

To reset your password, please click here: https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/reset_pwd/?id=BAhbCGkDNb8BSSIiJDJhJDEwJDVkM2V5V1FkU2dYb05NTTFyODhORC4GOgZFVEl1OglUaW1lDcvaHICrRoHHBzoLb2Zmc2V0aQIgHDoJem9uZUkiCUNFU1QGOwBU--34a90c20f6c48b0f079a59e7a220520cca145e35

This link will be valid until July 22, 2015 - 01:49:56 PM CEST

Regards,
The Bitfinex Team
https://www.bitfinex.com/

So then I got a new password:

Hello,
Your password has been reset

Your password has been reset on Bitfinex. Your new password is:

45EU4Nh8UV

Please change it as soon as you are connected to Bitfinex.

Regards,
The Bitfinex Team

With the new password, of course, I was able to log in, the person who originally created the account was locked out. Meanwhile, after several persons have complained, my and several other accounts have been deleted.

If you look at the information which was released by cloudminr or their hackers (which I believe are the same), some persons can be fully identified, others not, with a simple doxing. If you look in the cloudminr-discussion, you'll see that at least one guy never opened "his" account, checked it anyway and found hundreds of Bitcoins there.

So it is obvious that these accounts were not locked or anything, but ready to be used...
wilfried

Activity: 288

ManualMiner

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 05:05:20 AM

is it possible that someone got the mail with which you have registered at bitfinex. then he/she created an account and so knew the password. then he/she changed the mail adress in the account so you can log in and trade, so he/she then would log in and steal your btc, but you changed the password. so it was just kind of phishing.

Just the same way as I did it: I received an e-mail from Bitfinex on my trashmail.com-mail that I've opened an account. I tried to log in and asked for a password reset. Then I got a link, klicked on it and received a new password on my mail address.

So just for documenting it: This was the first e-mail I received:

Hello,
Welcome to Bitfinex!

You're now ready to leverage trade, exchange bitcoins and earn interests on your deposit!

You can start by familiarizing yourself with all the Bitfinex features and how to use them here

Then you can start using Bitfinex by depositing some money into your account from the deposit page

We hope that you'll enjoy our platform. We'd be glad to hear your suggestions to improve it and your feedback. Don't hesitate to contact us at contact@bitfinex.com

Important recommendations regarding security:

While we took great care of the security of our platform, it is up to you to protect the integrity of your Bitfinex user account. Below are some recommendations to protect your Bitfinex account and the funds you own in it:

Use Mozilla Firefox
    Install NoScript addon for Firefox
    Activate two-factor authentication (2FA) on Bitfinex
    Do not connect to Bitfinex on a public computer

Thank you for choosing us and enjoy Bitfinex!

Then I asked for a password reset:

Hello,
Reset your password

Someone asked to have your password reset on Bitfinex. If you did not do that, please ignore this email.

To reset your password, please click here: https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/reset_pwd/?id=BAhbCGkDNb8BSSIiJDJhJDEwJDVkM2V5V1FkU2dYb05NTTFyODhORC4GOgZFVEl1OglUaW1lDcvaHICrRoHHBzoLb2Zmc2V0aQIgHDoJem9uZUkiCUNFU1QGOwBU--34a90c20f6c48b0f079a59e7a220520cca145e35

This link will be valid until July 22, 2015 - 01:49:56 PM CEST

Regards,
The Bitfinex Team

So then I got a new password:

Hello,
Your password has been reset

Your password has been reset on Bitfinex. Your new password is:

45EU4Nh8UV

Please change it as soon as you are connected to Bitfinex.

Regards,
The Bitfinex Team

With the new password, of course, I was able to log in, the person who originally created the account was locked out. Meanwhile, after several persons have complained, my and several other accounts have been deleted.

If you look at the information which was released by cloudminr or their hackers (which I believe are the same), some persons can be fully identified, others not, with a simple doxing. If you look in the cloudminr-discussion, you'll see that at least one guy never opened "his" account, checked it anyway and found hundreds of Bitcoins there.

So it is obvious that these accounts were not locked or anything, but ready to be used...
RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 09:12:08 AM

is it possible that someone got the mail with which you have registered at bitfinex. then he/she created an account and so knew the password. then he/she changed the mail adress in the account so you can log in and trade, so he/she then would log in and steal your btc, but you changed the password. so it was just kind of phishing.

No, for I never ever registered with Bitfinex.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 01:35:37 PM

No, for I never ever registered with Bitfinex.

Why did they risk losing all these coins? I mean these coins now might be owned by bitfinex. And when no one asks for them then they can keep it.

Why risking that the owners of the email get an email and login? I mean they would lose it pretty fast then. I dont understand this.

By the way... the owners of these emails could have taken the bitcoins too, then claiming the hacker did that.

This all makes no sense to me. At least they could have created accounts with 1 Bitcoins in it. When they are gone then the email is still in use and the owner cares and didnt think its spam.

What did they try to do with the coins anyway? They should have sell and withdraw. End of story.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Pages: « 1 ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... 361 »
  Print  

Jump to: