Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:28:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 361 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL]Bitfinex.com first Bitcoin P2P lending platform for leverage trading  (Read 723637 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
EABEAB

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:30:00 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 05:52:59 PM by EABEAB

Please stop spamming and read the article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_day instead.

Edit:
Also if you need money urgently, why do you withdraw with the slower method that does not guarantee delivery before you move away? Anyways, I hope everything works out for you.

Respectfully, I would prefer not to have any business with this kind of customers.

When you guys stop living with your parents, we might start to respect your opinions, as previously mention, in the USA we leave home at the age of 18 years old, that was many moons ago, whereas you guys live with your parents all your life never learning responsibility simply waiting for your parents to die to inherit the house that your Great-Great-GrandFather built, who was probably the only person in your family that ever knew what it meant to be an adult and make your own way in the world because every since then you have all been living in the same house, you could never survive in the USA because your mind has never developed into a adult's mind, basically a child's mind inside of a adult's body, it's that way in the majority third world countries, children that never really grow up and learn responsibility, never having left home in your entire life besides a school or college field trip, pathetic children !  

How do I know this you might ask ?

Because the majority of people trading BTC are from Third World Countries,
you trade BTC just to try to be able to make a decent income because your
own Third World Country's Currency is sucking wind and is not worth anything, lol !

Now go back to your room in your parents house and close the door, they may just
let you be excused to go to the bathroom if you ask nice enough, until then play with
your PlayStations an X-Boxes like the kids you are, lol
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:41:11 PM

Please stop spamming and read the article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_day instead.

Edit:
Also if you need money urgently, why do you withdraw with the slower method that does not guarantee delivery before you move away? Anyways, I hope everything works out for you.

Respectfully, I would prefer not to have any business with this kind of customers.

When you guys stop living with your parents, we might start to respect your opinions, as previously mention, in the USA we leave home at the age of 18 years old, that was many moons ago, whereas you guys live with your parents all your life never learning responsibility simply waiting for your parents to die to inherit the house that your Great-Great-GrandFather built, who was probably the only person in your family that ever knew what it meant to be an adult and make your own way in the world because every since then you have all been living in the same house, you could never survive in the USA because your mind has never developed into a adult's mind, basically a child's mind inside of a adult's body, it's that way in the majority third world countries, children that never really grow up and learn responsibility, never having left home in your entire life beside a school or college field trip, pathetic children !  
Hm, hopefully you feel better after ranting now? Roll Eyes Assume what you want about me, I certainly know what I assume about you... I'd better keep it to myself though.

In other news:
Interest rates are finally up a little bit and USD borrowed are at a new all time high!

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
EABEAB

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:45:51 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 05:57:25 PM by EABEAB

Edit:

When you guys stop living with your parents, we might start to respect your opinions, as previously mention, in the USA we leave home at the age of 18 years old, that was many moons ago, whereas you guys live with your parents all your life never learning responsibility simply waiting for your parents to die to inherit the house that your Great-Great-GrandFather built, who was probably the only person in your family that ever knew what it meant to be an adult and make your own way in the world because every since then you have all been living in the same house, you could never survive in the USA because your mind has never developed into a adult's mind, basically a child's mind inside of a adult's body, it's that way in the majority third world countries, children that never really grow up and learn responsibility, never having left home in your entire life beside a school or college field trip, pathetic children !  
Hm, hopefully you feel better after ranting now? Roll Eyes Assume what you want about me, I certainly know what I assume about you... I'd better keep it to myself though.

In other news:
Interest rates are finally up a little bit and USD borrowed are at a new all time high!

Sounds like I hit a nerve,
Right on target, just as I thought,
Freaking Children !

You are speaking with a grown man with kids,
Don't have time to carry-on with un-developed minds,
Guess that would make sense being that you're from "Third World Un-Developed Countries"

Careful a little gift from the USA, the next "TomaHawk Cruise Missile" or un-manned  "Drone" just may be coming your way,
Freaking Muslim Terrorists trading BitCoin !
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:00:34 PM

Edit:

In other news:

Freaking Children !

Guess that would make sense being that you're from "Third World Un-Developed Countries"

Careful a little gift from the USA, the next "TomaHawk Cruise Missile" or un-manned  "Drone" just may be coming your way,
Dude, whatever stuff you're on take it a notch down and enjoy a nice Sunday with your wife...

Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:15:59 PM

Freaking Children !

Enjoy your slightly more orange tag.

Ente
tolega

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:03:39 AM

Not satisfied with being a bad customer, people become patronising and call other user names and believes he may classify one's life from a one sentence long post.

I feel for individuals like this. It's not his fault. The hatred is inside, as he has mentioned his wife is an issue. Bless his poor soul.

Let's turn the page and get back to bitfinex.

Wassupia

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:22:02 AM

I'm kinda bored so I was thinking about coding a small page for processing & plotting history data (which can be downloaded from bitfinex with the javascript code I wrote). Would anyone be interested? If yes, what graphs and data would be helpfull?

@Bitfinex: Or will some kind of improved stats&analysis page be introduced in the near future?

My BTC-address: 1JtgnB6UC5j9gMYzLftVaCmwdPL4PrWeYB
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:21:44 AM

Edit:
He means doing something with the _private_ data, not the public one. Thanks a lot for your graphs by the way!

I'm kinda bored so I was thinking about coding a small page for processing & plotting history data (which can be downloaded from bitfinex with the javascript code I wrote). Would anyone be interested? If yes, what graphs and data would be helpfull?

@Bitfinex: Or will some kind of improved stats&analysis page be introduced in the near future?

A while back I wrote a converter from the JSON file your code provides into ledger-cli format. With ledger you can then create gnuplot reports and/or do other stuff. Graphs are a bit underrepresented there unfortunately, but at least once you bild something for it, it benefits anyone using the program, not just bitfinex customers.

In the "Beta" thread, I also released a Google spreadsheet with stats/charts, way back - I stopped updating my perosnal one though and it might not work as expected... I personally went the ledger route.

An API to get my own data would be far better than anything else, even just a CSV file for example that just contains whatever is displayed on the history tab!

EABEAB

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:37:11 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 12:52:35 PM by EABEAB

Frightening. This is truly scary.

REDDIT TITLE:
How I stole roughly 100 BTC from an exchange and how I could have stolen more!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1wtbiu/how_i_stole_roughly_100_btc_from_an_exchange_and/

Question,

Is BitFinex's Platform A.C.I.D. Proof ?

Basically financial software often deals with online transaction processing, which is basically what traditional, SQL-based database management systems are made for, they guarantee ACID:

Atomicity (processed as a whole, e.g. if transaction moves money from account A to B you cannot get to a situation when only one balance is updated)
    Isolation (concurrent transaction do not interfere with each other)
    Consistency (data always satisfies constraints)
    Durability (data is stored permanently after transaction is committed)

In computer science, ACID (Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, Durability) is a set of properties that guarantee that database transactions are processed reliably. In the context of databases, a single logical operation on the data is called a transaction. For example, a transfer of funds from one bank account to another, even involving multiple changes such as debiting one account and crediting another, is a single transaction.

Jim Gray defined these properties of a reliable transaction system in the late 1970s and developed technologies to achieve them automatically.

In 1983, Andreas Reuter and Theo Härder coined the acronym ACID to describe them.

SOLUTION:

OP managed to trick the exchange's database into forgetting he withdrew 100 BTC by simultaneously selling off several 0.0001 BTC units and getting one of the small transactions to clash and overwrite the large withdrawal.

So both operations read his balance of X BTC at the same time subtracted 100 BTC and 0.0001 BTC respectively. The first operation wrote back the balance of x - 100 into the database and the second operation then overwrote that balance with x - 0.0001, effectively giving OP back those 100 BTC.

One of the most basic things you need to take into account when implementing a database is record locking, to make sure only one operation can access a specific bit of data at one time and that any operation must relinquish control before another operation is allowed access, to make sure such clashes don't occur and corrupt the data.

EABEAB

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:04:45 PM

Also for the record,
Tomorrow, Tuesday,
will make 1-week from
Wednesday last week the 29th
since I made my withdrawal request,
and it still reads, "PROCESSING"

You guys need to really take a look at
that new withdrawal policy you have implemented,
Don't see how anyone could think that is good business practice,
You are only going to lose customers behind having a policy like this in place.

Seriously !
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:06:52 PM

That's how it looks like when people learn about thread safety and atomicity for the first time in their life - AFTER coding an exchange platform. Roll Eyes

Just try it out, there is an API after all...

Also for the record,
Tomorrow, Tuesday,
will make 1-week from
since I made my withdrawal request.

You are only going to lose customers behind having a police like this in place.

Seriously !
Today, Monday, is the second business day since your withdrawal request (Friday was a national holiday in HK).

EABEAB

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:12:54 PM

That's how it looks like when people learn about thread safety and atomicity for the first time in their life - AFTER coding an exchange platform. Roll Eyes

Also for the record,
Tomorrow, Tuesday,
will make 1-week from

Seriously !
Today, Monday, is the second business day since your withdrawal request (Friday was a national holiday in HK).

Only a "Hacker", a "Terrorist" or a "Troll" like yourself would actually try something like that out,
My purpose is simply a warning, another Genius, just what the world needs, Go Figure !

If they knew they had a "National Holiday" coming up,
then they should have put that "Stupid Withdrawal Policy"
aside and took care of their International Customers,
No one wants to wait a Freaking Week for a Withdrawal
to take place
, it's their Holiday, not ours !
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:30:26 PM

Also for the record,
Tomorrow, Tuesday,
will make 1-week from

Seriously !

fiat withdraw or BTC?
EABEAB

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:36:33 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 01:52:54 PM by EABEAB

Also for the record,
Tomorrow, Tuesday,
will make 1-week from

Seriously !

fiat withdraw or BTC?

Fiat / USD

Previously before this insane new withdrawal policy
one could make a withdrawal / wire and it would hit your
account inside of 24 to 48 hours !

Not the same BitFinex anymore, guess they are trying to preserve their liquidity,
at our expense, pay the fee or wait, basically holding the cash as "Hostage"
maybe a better word would be leverage, but still all the same !, has put me in a tight spot
have a move planned in the next two days on Feb. 5th and these guys have not even processed my
withdrawal yet, will end up having to pay this current landlord even more cash !, gee Thanks BitFinex !
whatthesith
Copper Member

Activity: 301

simply getting the job done

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:05:08 PM

Also for the record,
Tomorrow, Tuesday,
will make 1-week from

Seriously !

Monday is also a public holiday in HK ...

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
EABEAB

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:10:52 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 02:27:35 PM by EABEAB

Also for the record,
Tomorrow, Tuesday,
will make 1-week from

Seriously !

Another Freaking Holiday, Perfect !
even more so now . . . .
to take place
, it's their Holiday(s), not ours !

Think I will give these guys a try, "CoinSetter.com",
They are out of New York and sent me an invite !
https://www.coinsetter.com
In the Western Hemisphere !

Appears to me that Exchanges in the Eastern Hemisphere
such as BitFinex, BtcChina, Huobi, ANX, MtGox and worst of all Global,
have little or no concern for their Western Hemisphere Customers.
Just because the world comes to a complete stop in the Eastern Hemisphere / China,
does not make it so for all the world, any company doing business on a International Level
should be aware of this, only serves to a loss in Customers to ignore it.
whatthesith
Copper Member

Activity: 301

simply getting the job done

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:31:57 PM

Also for the record,
Tomorrow, Tuesday,
will make 1-week from

Seriously !

even more so now . . . .
to take place

To be fair, Bitfinex is incorporated in Hong Kong. You should observe the rules in Hong Kong.
Every country has its own calendar, do you think the bank in your country will process your deposit / withdrawal if it is your public holiday?

I think Bitfinex has made the announcement in advance and they have tried to minimize the withdrawal time by temporary changing the bank to Hong Kong. (The holiday in China is even longer)

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
EABEAB

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:39:00 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 02:49:25 PM by EABEAB

Also for the record,
Tomorrow, Tuesday,
will make 1-week from

Seriously !

even more so now . . . .
to take place

To be fair, Bitfinex is incorporated in Hong Kong. You should observe the rules in Hong Kong.
Every country has its own calendar, do you think the bank in your country will process your deposit / withdrawal if it is your public holiday?

I think Bitfinex has made the announcement in advance and they have tried to minimize the withdrawal time by temporary changing the bank to Hong Kong. (The holiday in China is even longer)

In Short,
"CoinSetter.com",
No 5-Day Holidays in the Western Hemisphere,
They are out of New York and sent me an invite !
https://www.coinsetter.com
In the Western Hemisphere !

Appears to me that Exchanges in the Eastern Hemisphere
such as BitFinex, BtcChina, Huobi, ANX, MtGox and worst of all Global,
have little or no concern for their Western Hemisphere Customers.
Just because the world comes to a complete stop in the Eastern Hemisphere / China,
does not make it so for all the world, any company doing business on a International Level
should be aware of this, only serves to a loss in Customers to ignore it.

Don't think that either one of my LandLords want to hear,
"Sorry, I'm waiting for my funds to arrive from China / Hong Kong, but they are on a 5-Day Holiday",
Does not quite cut it or fit the bill.

They changed the bank to Hong Kong to avoid the new China Regs because Hong Kong is a Special
Economic Zone at least until whatever year in the future before China also ruins that zone, it was not
in an effort to serve their Western Hemisphere Customers any better, it was self-motivated with their
own interests in mind.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:46:12 PM

[snip]

Don't feed the trolls please.

The guy you're responding to admitted in another thread that he just likes to talk big on random threads, while actually living in his parents basement and only being allowed to use the Internet after his overbearing mother-slash-half sister checked if he wiped well enough after he took a "potty break" as they call it in his grotesquely dysfunctional family.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
tolega

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:02:57 PM

The ignore function works very well here on bitcointalk.org.
It does wonders.
Just a tip for fellow bitcointalkers who are feeding the trolls.

EDIT: REMEMBER THIS TROLL IMPREGNATED HIS WIFE TWICE AND IS AMERICAN SO HE IS SUPERIOR TO EVERYONE OF YOU COMMIES.

/lulz
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 361 »
  Print  

Jump to: