Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:23:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] MARK.SPACE - 3D/VR ecosystem on blockchain  (Read 162091 times)
skovbitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:08:12 AM

Does this Project require blockchain technology for feasibility, trying to understand the benefit of this on bc, looks interesting!

One of the most important advantages of having this kind of project on blockchain is that you can have decentralised computer power and dont have to run internal servers which are a huge investment and use a lot of electricity and maintenance.

One of the downsides of having this kind of project on the blockchain is that transactions have to undergo a cumbersome ritual that doesn't scale. In other words, the decentralized computer isn't fast enough to deal with the apps running on it. As we can see from CryptoKitties. It's a trade off between performance and security (or is it trust?) and for some apps it doesn't make sense to run in the blockchain. Now if you were buying a Landrover thru Mark.space, sure, it's safer than sending a cheque by mail. But unfortunately you're sharing the decentralized computer with frivolous apps, so your payment fails or is delayed. Ethereum better solve this scalability problem soon because it's hurting business.
I think in the futures with the lightning network and further developments it will be much faster than it's now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Seidr

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:08:58 AM

looks like HITBTC exchange is confirm in April as soon as ICO done. Good news for traders.
I dont know if this is good news, because a lot of traders seem not to like hitbtc . Good news would be if Markspace will trade at kucoin for example
I prefer Bittrex but that does not necessarily mean that appearing this crypto at any other exchange market will be a bad sign. Frankly, any exchange will go; moreover, I think that it will later appear in all main exchange markets and make some x-s.
I haven't seen anything about HitBTC but there's an announcement in medium that they are partnering with Coss.
https://medium.com/@markspace/announcement-68cd8c3ba82e
lordmick

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:19:57 AM

Does this Project require blockchain technology for feasibility, trying to understand the benefit of this on bc, looks interesting!

One of the most important advantages of having this kind of project on blockchain is that you can have decentralised computer power and dont have to run internal servers which are a huge investment and use a lot of electricity and maintenance.

One of the downsides of having this kind of project on the blockchain is that transactions have to undergo a cumbersome ritual that doesn't scale. In other words, the decentralized computer isn't fast enough to deal with the apps running on it. As we can see from CryptoKitties. It's a trade off between performance and security (or is it trust?) and for some apps it doesn't make sense to run in the blockchain. Now if you were buying a Landrover thru Mark.space, sure, it's safer than sending a cheque by mail. But unfortunately you're sharing the decentralized computer with frivolous apps, so your payment fails or is delayed. Ethereum better solve this scalability problem soon because it's hurting business.
I think in the futures with the lightning network and further developments it will be much faster than it's now.

Have you even seen the roadmap? That stuff is a dang long way off, man! That lanky Ethereum guy said it's gonna take 3 years at least. Ain't nobody got time for that. That's a century in cryptotime. How's Mark.space going to be usable on this slow ass network? Who's going to wait 2 hours for the payment to come through in cyberspace?
Neymar10

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:20:46 AM

looks like HITBTC exchange is confirm in April as soon as ICO done. Good news for traders.
I dont know if this is good news, because a lot of traders seem not to like hitbtc . Good news would be if Markspace will trade at kucoin for example
I prefer Bittrex but that does not necessarily mean that appearing this crypto at any other exchange market will be a bad sign. Frankly, any exchange will go; moreover, I think that it will later appear in all main exchange markets and make some x-s.
I haven't seen anything about HitBTC but there's an announcement in medium that they are partnering with Coss.
Did you know that MARK.SPACE has already perfected the technology for selling clothes in VR? Potential buyers just need to provide few measurements of their figure in order to guarantee a perfect fit. This technology has no equivalents!
skovbitcoin

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:25:33 AM

Have you even seen the roadmap? That stuff is a dang long way off, man! That lanky Ethereum guy said it's gonna take 3 years at least. Ain't nobody got time for that. That's a century in cryptotime. How's Mark.space going to be usable on this slow ass network? Who's going to wait 2 hours for the payment to come through in cyberspace?

You have touched upon the most important problem, if the ethereum doesn't accelerate, then it will be replaced by another platform.
Seidr

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:26:24 AM

Did you know that MARK.SPACE has already perfected the technology for selling clothes in VR? Potential buyers just need to provide few measurements of their figure in order to guarantee a perfect fit. This technology has no equivalents!
I dont know about you guys, but I hate buying clothes online. Is there any information to back that up? Have MarkSpace run a trial on a group of people with different body types?Is it patented technology?
lordmick

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:31:10 AM

You have touched upon the most important problem, if the ethereum doesn't accelerate, then it will be replaced by another platform.

The scenario within a year is very unpredictable, one can not imagine in which situation the tokens will be received, many unforeseen events can happen, internal and external factors. Is there a form of guarantee, at least residual for possible losses in the long term?
Neymar10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:31:52 AM

I dont know about you guys, but I hate buying clothes online. Is there any information to back that up? Have MarkSpace run a trial on a group of people with different body types?Is it patented technology?
this can be quite cool, it's simply impossible find your right size while buying clothing online
skovbitcoin

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:36:25 AM

The scenario within a year is very unpredictable, one can not imagine in which situation the tokens will be received, many unforeseen events can happen, internal and external factors. Is there a form of guarantee, at least residual for possible losses in the long term?

So, the tokens will be tradable after a year? That's a very long waited then, especially for short period investors.
viljy

Activity: 1750
Merit: 857

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:36:48 AM

This is an interesting question as a person will be able to enter his unique figure in this platform for fitting clothes? It needs a 3D scanner! I think that there will be presented in the stores some average parameters of dummies for an approximate fitting. This platform is better suited for furniture, cars and other things that do not require you to take into account the individual characteristics of customers.
Seidr

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:36:58 AM

this can be quite cool, it's simply impossible find your right size while buying clothing online
And you imagine that has created an almost exact copy of his body on the platform. And went to the store and tried on clothes. It's gonna be awesome!
lordmick

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:42:02 AM

So, the tokens will be tradable after a year? That's a very long waited then, especially for short period investors.

that's what I've been saying. it's gonna put off a lot of people. 1 year is an eternity in crypto time.
Neymar10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:42:35 AM

And you imagine that has created an almost exact copy of his body on the platform. And went to the store and tried on clothes. It's gonna be awesome!
Most of the investors now either looking for a quick flip that is why they looking for an exchange as soon as the ICO is finish.
skovbitcoin

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:49:31 AM

that's what I've been saying. it's gonna put off a lot of people. 1 year is an eternity in crypto time.

Where you read this. Have you a link with the infos? Thanks.
Seidr

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:50:21 AM

Most of the investors now either looking for a quick flip that is why they looking for an exchange as soon as the ICO is finish.
yes, actually you can make the most money out of it. its even better than daytrading. the more bonus you get on an ico, the higher your profit
mandibleclaw

Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:26:35 AM

They don't look at the project itself if it will be disruptive for the current counterpart in traditional economical/financial world, they just look for a quick flip

batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:30:21 AM

Before online clothing sales are done, it would be better to have a trial period first to know its accuracy.
Axcel-m

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:58:50 AM

I understand the decentralised  approach of blockchain. But is this really needed here? There will be a lot of communication between the decentralised computer.
tarzanbigcity

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:17:28 PM

How long will the token sale period last? Will I have time to invest in this project?
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:19:30 PM

How long will the token sale period last? Will I have time to invest in this project?

The current round will end in about 5 days. The whole ICO will run until the end of February (28th).
Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 357 »
  Print  

Jump to: